Rutgers Wins -- MERGED

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you please give me your defintion of "National" games.

BC was on ESPN night games against Clemson, NC State and Wake Forest.

They were also the regional ABC 3:30 game when they played Florida State.

I'm not trying to be a clown. I watch College Football and I have not seen Rutgers on "National" TV.

If The State University of New Jersey says that their football games have been on national tv, who am I to argue?!

So we're not counting ABC, then? BC has 3 ESPN games, right? RU has more than twice that. Might not be convenient for you to believe, but it's fact.

So we're not counting ABC, then? BC has 3 ESPN games, right? RU has more than twice that. Might not be convenient for you to believe, but it's fact.

ABC games. ABC the Network right?

Tom. I'm a UMass-Lowell grad. No bigtime football at my old school.

I Have Not Seen Rugters on tv this year!

So what are we betting boys?
That's what I'm talking about! Put up or shut up. I haven't been over to the Harley Tailgate in a couple games, so wouldn't mind dropping over to give Max a donation for his site. I think the spread is 7. Name the amount.

ABC games. ABC the Network right?

Tom. I'm a UMass-Lowell grad. No bigtime football at my old school.

I Have Not Seen Rugters on tv this year!

ABC, channel 7 this way, remember? Both teams were on there once, so it's a wash. I haven't bothered to tune in ESPN while BC was on either, but I don't dispute that they were on. It could've been Northern Illinois for all I care. Add them and Boize St to your roster and you were probably on as much as Rutgers.

pullllllllease. Rutgers has absolutely no chance at winning this game. In fact, they have zero chance at keeping close. Don't get mne wrong, I really and truly don't care who wins but c'mon guys. How the hell are you gonna stop Louisville??????!!!!! They're the best team in the country but their name keeps them out of the #1 or #2 spot. If their name was Notre Dame or USC, you know where they'd be. This game is going to be a massacre of massacres. Louisville is going to make a statement once again and Schiano's stock will drop dramatically. Louisville 56 Rutgers 20.

Sorry guys......

Lousville 41 Rutgers 21

Schiano claims a moral victory for losing the game only by 20 points.

think it will be something like this. 38-20 I'll go with. Teel will have to step up for Rutgers, don't think he can. One of his 9-17, 114 yard games won't cut it tomorrow night.

Knights hang for a half, then Cards roll.

think it will be something like this. 38-20 I'll go with. Teel will have to step up for Rutgers, don't think he can. One of his 9-17, 114 yard games won't cut it tomorrow night.

Knights hang for a half, then Cards roll.

Teel has to have a good game for Rutgers to win this one- Rice has been exceptional but they can not be one dimensional on offense and keep up with Louisville.

Rutgers is playing at home which will benefit their cause, but Teel is a huge liability under center.

Underwood needs to ****ing catch the ball, no fumbles or drops, that is even if Teel can deliver the ball.

Rice/ Leonard/ o-line need to control the entire game. If they can keep the ball out of Brahms' hands by gridning out long drives and dominating time of possession they might have a chance.

I doubt it will happen, not very likely, Louisville's O will be too much in the end..brohm and the Mario Urrita will be too much for the rut. secondary.

As many of you are saying, it is a double edged sword...entirely...

Schiano wins, he is going to have some serious consideration at some major ncaa football programs.

Can't deny that kind of opportunity, as a coach he will want to maxamize his resources completely.

Let's see, if I am a smart football coach with championship aspirations-Do I stay in a conference that is bereft of any prestige with about nil chances of ever landing a BCS spot?

Why would I do that?

Exactly.

madmike thinks Rutgers is some kind of national powerhose football program that can compete for the BCS Championship.

If Schiano is smart, he takes his opportunity and goes to a school with a bigtime football program.

Exactly.

madmike thinks Rutgers is some kind of national powerhose football program that can compete for the BCS Championship.

If Schiano is smart, he takes his opportunity and goes to a school with a bigtime football program.

Unless the man has a true altruistic nature, a successfull Big East coach uses success as a stepping stone to the ACC, Big 10, SEC, Big 12 and PAC 10. Those are the plum conferences.

Look at Dan Hawkins at Boise State. He had a great team with prestige and acclaim, but he was not going to get the true national attention.

He JUMPED at a chance to go to a bad situation at Colorado.

Let's see, if I am a smart football coach with championship aspirations-Do I stay in a conference that is bereft of any prestige with about nil chances of ever landing a BCS spot?

Why would I do that?

Nil chances? If they win either tonight or the WVU game they are a lock for a BCS game. What the hell are you talking about? Why the hell would he go to the big 12 where he'll always have to compete with Texas and Oklahoma? He's has a MUCH better chance of getting to BCS games at rutgers...

Nil chances? If they win either tonight or the WVU game they are a lock for a BCS game. What the hell are you talking about? Why the hell would he go to the big 12 where he'll always have to compete with Texas and Oklahoma? He's has a MUCH better chance of getting to BCS games at rutgers...

Are you really that naive or just dumb?

A 1-loss Rutgers team will have no chance at a BCS game with all the other quality 1-loss teams that are out there.

Rutgers would have to run the table to get a BCS Bowl game.

Are you really that naive or just dumb?

A 1-loss Rutgers team will have no chance at a BCS game with all the other quality 1-loss teams that are out there.

Rutgers would have to run the table to get a BCS Bowl game.

A one loss rutgers is a LOCK for the Gator Bowl. I was viewing the Gator as a BCS bowl... It might not be but it's new years day bowl none the less...

Archived