SEAHAWKS SIGN DYSON--- LET THE BRADWAY BASHING BEGIN

nj meadowlands

nothing to feel bad for, but that contract wasn't very high

I am disappointed in this though but now we must pick CB early as we probably would have anyway, the only thing that has changed is that Donnie may retire and hurt our depth if he stays Dyson is a moot point

Yea, the contract wasn't bad at all.

Be curious to see what the Jets offered.

So what's the Jets next steps? Ty Law?

Not a big deal. Andre Dyson is not an elite CB. He's good but he's one dimensional.

I have stated that consistently for the last two months.

Dyson has great speed and ball skills but he struggles against Big WR's, is not very smart, gets burned alot because he gambles, struggles in the red zone and is a very poor tackler.

If you really believe that Dyson is a shutdown CB. Go watch The Raiders, Colts and Chiefs games from last season. Dyson still has burn marks on him. Each team threw for over 400 yards a piece against Dyson and company.

On a scale of 1 to 10. He's a 6. Nothing more, Nothing Less. His type of skillset would have fit The Jets because they are looking for a speedy ballhawk in the secondary. I'd rather have a complete player like David Barrett.

The Jets CB's right now are David Barrett, Derrick Strait and Ray Mickens. Those are the top three.

Jets can choose to pursue Ty Law if they still want to or they can trade for a veteran CB. Maybe Surtain.

I'd rather draft a CB in The 2nd round.

Yea, the contract wasn't bad at all.

Be curious to see what the Jets offered.

So what's the Jets next steps? Ty Law?

that s the most overt possibility, but we'll see what happens now, but the need is only greater if Donnie retires if not nothing changes, we only had a need to sign a DB last week when that rumor broke

but what bothers me is taht ole' Parcellism that once you consider retirement you already are retired whetehr you stay or not

that s the most overt possibility, but we'll see what happens now, but the need is only greater if Donnie retires if not nothing changes, we only had a need to sign a DB last week when that rumor broke

but what bothers me is taht ole' Parcellism that once you consider retirement you already are retired whetehr you stay or not

What about tossing the Phins a 2nd-rounder for Surtain?

Isn't that what they wanted from KC?

Oh, boy!

For the first time ever, I started the day thinking TB has finally done some thing right. Dyson was already in the bag. Wrong. Wait until TB drafts Marion Barber III with one on the two second rounders. ARGH!!!!!!

:evil:

#-o

Now THIS is dissapointing. Not only have we allowed the top Free Agnt CB's to slip past us (like Smoot), we now have missed a perfect opportunity to provide flexabillity to our upcoming draft.

I defended the Jolly deal with the expectation that Dyson would indeed be signed. It was the lynchpin to opening up this draft for us.

This is damn dissapointing.

Guess we're going CB at #47 now no matter what else is on the board. What other options do we have, with Abe likely to retire, Strait too inexperienced, Mickens too sucky and nothing else on the roster worth mentioning.

Seahawks | Dyson Agrees to Five-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Thu, 21 Apr 2005 11:51:44 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Seattle Seahawks have reached a five-year, $17.5 million contract agreement with free agent CB Andre Dyson (Titans) that includes a signing bonus of $3 million and a total of about $6 million in guarantees. :cry:

Guess we're going CB at #47 now no matter what else is on the board. What other options do we have, with Abe likely to retire, Strait too inexperienced, Mickens too sucky and nothing else on the roster worth mentioning.

So Fish, you'd rather take your chances in the draft on finding a good, starting CB at 47 rather than trade that pick to the Phins for Surtain?

Surtain would walk right in and start for the Jets.

What about tossing the Phins a 2nd-rounder for Surtain?

Isn't that what they wanted from KC?

I'm a fan of his sure, hes a very good corner but he's 29 and has been dinged a bit the last 2 years

but then again Law is older and more dinged up but has no draft implications, even still lets see how the draft pans out, either way we needed to draft a CB on day 1 nothing has changed

Randall Gay's HC: Bill Belichick

Derrick Straight's HC: Hermy Edwards

i gotta give henderson and brown some credit here. i think strait will excel this year. the only reason gay saw the field was b/c of injuries. you never know how someone will perform when they are hurt or sitting on the bench.

i don't see how the HC makes much difference here. herm actually probably knows more about coaching db's than BB, and clock management has nothing to do with db's.

Randall Gay's HC: Bill Belichick

Derrick Straight's HC: Hermy Edwards

Come on Randall Gay is a scrub. He got burned left and right in The superbowl. Asante Samuel-good player, Eugene Wilson-good player.... Duane Starks-OK player

Randall Gay- Mediocre at best

nothing to feel bad for, but that contract wasn't very high

I am disappointed in this though but now we must pick CB early as we probably would have anyway, the only thing that has changed is that Donnie may retire and hurt our depth if he stays Dyson is a moot point

plenty to feel bad for. i'm so freakin tired of this j*rk off missing out on FA's. it would be easier to take if these guys were choosing between a bunch of teams. all it takes is one franchise to stand in our way!! why must we always get the sh*t end of the stick!!!!!

they wanted to upgrade cb over donnie abe before the retirement thoughts anyway...so they still need to do that..Obviously they weren't going to rely on the 26th pick to find their man..

They either know that they are signing Ty Law, or a trade has to be in the works...

Archived