Schottenheimers Offense.

JETSFAN5180

If we were more agressive with our downfield passing wouldn't we have a SHORTER time of possession?

I'm fine with our playcalling, I don't see where the problem is. The teams that are putting up 40 are either looked at as superbowl contenders or else they're also giving up 40+ too. As long as we win I'm happy, whether it's 3-0 or 333-0.

Is it his conservative play calling or the lack of a QB or a bigtime WR causing us to not maintain time of possession or score when in the red zone.

This seems to be a repeat of the Hackette era here.

Why cant we put up 40 once in awhile?

40 will be much more common next season - especially once the jets get an extra 1st rd pick from GB for Ramsey.

Hackette, Dinger and now Shotty. Doesn't Chad have the option of audibleing to any play in the play book at the line of scrimage based on what he sees? Could the playcalling be a result of Chads conservative nature?

Of course not, it's never Chad's fault. He just has this bad luck to never have a run attack, even with HoF backs, and bad OCs and HCs no matter what he does. Look, if these OCs didn't suck so much, Chad would put up 24 points a game, but they do, so there's nothing he can do about it. Also if a team without Chad scores 31 points, it means their defense sucks, and they lost, even if the scoreboard only shows 17 points for the other team. Likewise, if a QB passed for 300 yards, it means his team lost, even if the scoreboard shows his team has more points, because, again, there is a rule in the NFL books that if you do something better than Chad you automatically lose. Sometimes the referees make mistakes, and if they don't realize this rule, we have to find another call and blame the entire game on them and that call, no matter what.

It's not about stats or points with Chad. It's also not about wins. A QB like Chad is allowed a bad game every week, and if one of those games is less bad than the other ones, and the team happens to win, then Chad played a great game and he won the game for the Jets. If the Jets happen to lose, it's not Chad's fault, since the rest of the team sucked and blew the game. If the defense allows a point, it's the defense's fault. Even if the offense doesn't score, Chad WOULD have scored if it was 0-0 in OT, because Chad is just being clutch.

If Peyton Manning was on the Jets, he wouldn't do any better. But if Chad was on the Colts, they would have already won the last 5 Super Bowls in a row. The same is true for Joe Montana in the 80s, Chad is the evolution of Joe Montana. Joe couldn't perform as well as Chad though, if he was on the Jets right now, Montana would be considered a loser, since he would not be able to do anything. Also, Montana has a weaker arm than Chad, no matter what anyone who claims to have seen Montana play and has football knowledge may claim otherwise. These people are lying, Montana was smart so therefore he had no arm. Also, since Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have slightly better arms than Chad, they of course are much dumber than him, because only Chad can make correct reads in the NFL. Everyone else is stupid and just randomly throws the ball around and gets lucky somehow.

But arm strength doesn't matter. Ryan Leaf had a good arm, and look at how he did. Jeff George too. Ignore Peyton Manning, it doesn't matter how he did. Look, if you have a better arm than Chad you suck, plain as day. There is no way you can possibly ever be good. Also Chad has great arm strength anyway. He can throw 50 yards, he did it 2 years ago with Santana Moss. Moss sucks btw, overrated player. Chad made him.

Chad wins big games. Doesn't 41-0 ring a bell? And Chad beat the Patriots. If not for a FG kicker, Chad would have upped his playoff record and led the Jets to a Super Bowl.

Chad is a nice guy. He also came back from 2 shoulder injuries. A true warrior. Stop asking about on the field performance. You expected this team to not do well this year, so be happy with our current record. Also, these teams have good defenses, they've never let a single score the entire year, so don't ask Chad for the impossible. It doesn't matter if the biggest reasons for expecting a bad year were O-line and QB question marks, just because the O-line has performed well and Chad is the greatest QB ever doesn't mean we should be winning games. Also the Patriots suck, because Chad beat them, even though Chad is the bestest so the Patriots are really just the #2 team in the league now, and that's why the Jets are #1, because they beat the Patriots who used to be #1.

Hackett still blows dead rotting animal carcasses.Vinny Testaverde and the WCO. Yeah!

No matter-Pennington is the common thread. Dispense with all the good things you can say about him. His arm limits what this offense of B.Schotteneheimer can do. Given those limitations Schottenheimer has done a very good job.

Is it his conservative play calling or the lack of a QB or a bigtime WR causing us to not maintain time of possession or score when in the red zone.

we dont have a consistant big short yardage back. that is the reason why nobody respects the running game. example eagles

could it possibly be that hackett and schott are limited in play-calling due to whom the head coach insists on starting, given his obvious limitations?

Of course not, it's never Chad's fault. He just has this bad luck to never have a run attack, even with HoF backs, and bad OCs and HCs no matter what he does. Look, if these OCs didn't suck so much, Chad would put up 24 points a game, but they do, so there's nothing he can do about it. Also if a team without Chad scores 31 points, it means their defense sucks, and they lost, even if the scoreboard only shows 17 points for the other team. Likewise, if a QB passed for 300 yards, it means his team lost, even if the scoreboard shows his team has more points, because, again, there is a rule in the NFL books that if you do something better than Chad you automatically lose. Sometimes the referees make mistakes, and if they don't realize this rule, we have to find another call and blame the entire game on them and that call, no matter what.

It's not about stats or points with Chad. It's also not about wins. A QB like Chad is allowed a bad game every week, and if one of those games is less bad than the other ones, and the team happens to win, then Chad played a great game and he won the game for the Jets. If the Jets happen to lose, it's not Chad's fault, since the rest of the team sucked and blew the game. If the defense allows a point, it's the defense's fault. Even if the offense doesn't score, Chad WOULD have scored if it was 0-0 in OT, because Chad is just being clutch.

If Peyton Manning was on the Jets, he wouldn't do any better. But if Chad was on the Colts, they would have already won the last 5 Super Bowls in a row. The same is true for Joe Montana in the 80s, Chad is the evolution of Joe Montana. Joe couldn't perform as well as Chad though, if he was on the Jets right now, Montana would be considered a loser, since he would not be able to do anything. Also, Montana has a weaker arm than Chad, no matter what anyone who claims to have seen Montana play and has football knowledge may claim otherwise. These people are lying, Montana was smart so therefore he had no arm. Also, since Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have slightly better arms than Chad, they of course are much dumber than him, because only Chad can make correct reads in the NFL. Everyone else is stupid and just randomly throws the ball around and gets lucky somehow.

But arm strength doesn't matter. Ryan Leaf had a good arm, and look at how he did. Jeff George too. Ignore Peyton Manning, it doesn't matter how he did. Look, if you have a better arm than Chad you suck, plain as day. There is no way you can possibly ever be good. Also Chad has great arm strength anyway. He can throw 50 yards, he did it 2 years ago with Santana Moss. Moss sucks btw, overrated player. Chad made him.

Chad wins big games. Doesn't 41-0 ring a bell? And Chad beat the Patriots. If not for a FG kicker, Chad would have upped his playoff record and led the Jets to a Super Bowl.

Chad is a nice guy. He also came back from 2 shoulder injuries. A true warrior. Stop asking about on the field performance. You expected this team to not do well this year, so be happy with our current record. Also, these teams have good defenses, they've never let a single score the entire year, so don't ask Chad for the impossible. It doesn't matter if the biggest reasons for expecting a bad year were O-line and QB question marks, just because the O-line has performed well and Chad is the greatest QB ever doesn't mean we should be winning games. Also the Patriots suck, because Chad beat them, even though Chad is the bestest so the Patriots are really just the #2 team in the league now, and that's why the Jets are #1, because they beat the Patriots who used to be #1.

he had all summer to rest up for the first few games, and the bye week before the pats game. in the regular schedule, he has no time to rest, hence the arm is asked to do something it can't. it's too bad us realists are out-numbered by the wishfull thinkers.

we dont have a consistant big short yardage back. that is the reason why nobody respects the running game. example eagles

Philadelphia has the #2 passing attack in the league & their primary receiver has missed half the games this year.

Indy has the #3 passing attack in the league. I wouldn't call either Rhodes or Addai consistent big short-yardage backs.

Pittsburgh has the #4 passing attack in the league. Who is their consistent big short-yardage RB?

Detroit has the #5 passing attack in the league. Despite Kevin Jones having what was his best season, he's hardly consistent.

Green Bay has the #9 passing attack. Ahman Green hasn't been consistent since 2003.

Seattle has a more dangerous passing game than we do with Seneca Wallace starting the past 4 games & Maurice Morris or an ineffective Shaun Alexander manning the running game for most of the season.

No QB in the NFL has thrown as few passes as Pennington with as many interceptions - and it's not like he's challenging the defenses deep & getting bit for throwing risky long passes all the time.

Have you taken a look at the crap we have in the backfield?

I really think its the players, not the coaches. He is the third OC in 3 seasons. You cant keep pointing the finger at the OC....

Philadelphia has the #2 passing attack in the league & their primary receiver has missed half the games this year.

Indy has the #3 passing attack in the league. I wouldn't call either Rhodes or Addai consistent big short-yardage backs.

Pittsburgh has the #4 passing attack in the league. Who is their consistent big short-yardage RB?

Detroit has the #5 passing attack in the league. Despite Kevin Jones having what was his best season, he's hardly consistent.

Green Bay has the #9 passing attack. Ahman Green hasn't been consistent since 2003.

Seattle has a more dangerous passing game than we do with Seneca Wallace starting the past 4 games & Maurice Morris or an ineffective Shaun Alexander manning the running game for most of the season.

No QB in the NFL has thrown as few passes as Pennington with as many interceptions - and it's not like he's challenging the defenses deep & getting bit for throwing risky long passes all the time.

C'mon Sperm, you'd rather have Pittsburgh's "passing attack?" Ben has thrown 6 more ints in a whopping 20 more attempts. Please return to unbiased statistical analysis.

Pennington may well be limiting BShottenheimer's offense, but you can't blame Hackett on him. That dude called the same crap no matter who was back there.

Coles is being wasted in this offense; we use him like some slow possession receiver like Keyshawn. So many of his first-downs are caught before the marker & he drags the defender(s) an extra couple of yards after being hit. Imagine if we actually utilized his speed.

He'd be a perennial probowler. I love how everybody says he isnt a deep threat.

He is a deep threat. Pennington cant throw the ball downfield, thats the problem.

C'mon Sperm, you'd rather have Pittsburgh's "passing attack?" Ben has thrown 6 more ints in a whopping 20 more attempts. Please return to unbiased statistical analysis.

Pennington may well be limiting BShottenheimer's offense, but you can't blame Hackett on him. That dude called the same crap no matter who was back there.

1. I didn't bring up Hackett.

2. Pittsburgh is only 1 team I brought up.

3. Someone brought up the excuse that a reason Chad isn't whipping the ball all over the field is b/c of the lack of a certain type of niche-player that 5 of the top-9 passing attacks in the NFL also lack.

4. Please return to intellgent posts - you are justifying Chad's lousy season by pointing to someone in his 3rd NFL season having his worst year after missing all of training camp and an appendectomy?

1. I didn't bring up Hackett.

2. Pittsburgh is only 1 team I brought up.

3. Someone brought up the excuse that a reason Chad isn't whipping the ball all over the field is b/c of the lack of a certain type of niche-player that 5 of the top-9 passing attacks in the NFL also lack.

4. Please return to intellgent posts - you are justifying Chad's lousy season by pointing to someone in his 3rd NFL season having his worst year after missing all of training camp and an appendectomy?

1. I wasn't attributing the Hackett comment to you. Sorry, should have multi-quoted it.

2. I agree with you that a "short yardage" back is NOT Chad's problem. Barlow has actually filled that role fairly admirably. A true solid #1 running back may be a contributing factor, but I agree with you that Chad is limited and NOT playing well right now. That may be because it sucks, he may have a tired arm, the team around him might not be quite as good as some of us now think, or most likely some combination. I wasn't justifying Chad's performance and I was not comparing him to Roethlisberger, except to say that...

3. YOU listed Pittsburgh as the "#4 passing attack" in the league. You know that's BS. Pittsburgh is not a top passing team. You are simply going by yards. I would prefer Chad's performance to date than Ben's and the Jets "passing attack" to Pitt's. THAT is all I was saying. I certainly don't care what justification there is for Ben's performance unless we are trading for him.

1. I wasn't attributing the Hackett comment to you. Sorry, should have multi-quoted it.

2. I agree with you that a "short yardage" back is NOT Chad's problem. Barlow has actually filled that role fairly admirably. A true solid #1 running back may be a contributing factor, but I agree with you that Chad is limited and NOT playing well right now. That may be because it sucks, he may have a tired arm, the team around him might not be quite as good as some of us now think, or most likely some combination. I wasn't justifying Chad's performance and I was not comparing him to Roethlisberger, except to say that...

3. YOU listed Pittsburgh as the "#4 passing attack" in the league. You know that's BS. Pittsburgh is not a top passing team. You are simply going by yards. I would prefer Chad's performance to date than Ben's and the Jets "passing attack" to Pitt's. THAT is all I was saying. I certainly don't care what justification there is for Ben's performance unless we are trading for him.

Jerk.

Archived