R.....U.......GO RUTGERS THREAD

Brenjetsfan

Just spoke to TMAC from TEXAS........What channel is this game on for the locals here???

My Dad has cablevision in Brooklyn. He said it is on 14 (the tv guide channel) because cablevision was late to make a deal with the NFL network or whoever. I can't believe they have a basketball game on opposite this. Couldn't they reschedule it? Scumbag tarheels probably don't understand bowl games. ;)

My Dad has cablevision in Brooklyn. He said it is on 14 (the tv guide channel) because cablevision was late to make a deal with the NFL network or whoever. I can't believe they have a basketball game on opposite this. Couldn't they reschedule it? Scumbag tarheels probably don't understand bowl games. ;)

Repeat after me - "The Heels now have Butch Davis as their coach and will re-learn everything about bowl games within 36 months."

ps -

Rutgers (6-6) 48

(2)North Carolina (11-1) 87

Wright scores 19 as No. 2 Tar Heels trounce Rutgers

And scumbag Rutgers doesn't understand championship basketball. :)

Wow, and all this time I thought they'd been to the final four every other year. I was just pissed cause I got a bulletin from aol saying the Rutgers game started and I was pissed because I was staying up 'til 2 am for football and thought I'd missed the start. BTW they showed that disaster of a hoops game in the morning on the same channel. Almost made me lose my cornflakes. I'm glad NC is #2 makes that beating a little easier to take.

Wow, and all this time I thought they'd been to the final four every other year. I was just pissed cause I got a bulletin from aol saying the Rutgers game started and I was pissed because I was staying up 'til 2 am for football and thought I'd missed the start. BTW they showed that disaster of a hoops game in the morning on the same channel. Almost made me lose my cornflakes. I'm glad NC is #2 makes that beating a little easier to take.

Rutgers had two players sitting out for violations by their coach which did not help that whipping by NC.

Good job by RU by killing a team they should've killed.

Maybe next year they won't be matched up in a bowl game on December 28th against a 7-5 team.

I dont think that should take away from the very good season they had, 124. The program took a major step forward this year, and for their sake, hopefully they will learn that you cant mail it in against a Cinn Bearcats team when the chips are on the table.

Compared to other Big east doormats like Syracuse and (previously) Temple, RU has fielded a competitive team, and has completely lapped those schools.

Two bowl appearances in a row, with one win- they are on a roll.

They didn't give up. Thats just what happens when your O and D lines get completely dominated. Their QB had no time and Teel could stand back there and have a tea party...

I have seen them play against better defenses. They gave up.

Agreed.

My point was basically saying the NCAA should've given RU a better opponent. That's all.

True. I would have preferred seeing them play a Texas A&M or Oregon St, which are teams that also finished third in their conference- KSt finished something like fifth in their conference.

Agreed.

My point was basically saying the NCAA should've given RU a better opponent. That's all.

The NCAA should hang their heads in disgrace for the bowl game they put Rutgers in,they deserved better. Who inspected that field ive seen better pop warner fields.Luckily noone got hurt from the poor field conditions.

The NCAA should hang their heads in disgrace for the bowl game they put Rutgers in,they deserved better. Who inspected that field ive seen better pop warner fields.Luckily noone got hurt from the poor field conditions.

It's not really the NCAA's fault... It's the human rankings that underrated us all year and these stupid bowl tie in's that force these bad games.

Archived