Shawn Merriman Vs Jason Taylor

Smizzy

Jason Taylor is a role model in South Florida. He has charitable foundations and he holds many charity events in our area. Here's proof bitches.

http://www.jasontaylorfoundation.com/events.htm

The only team that Taylor trashes is the Jets. Want to know why?

It's because of you, the Jets fans that call him every disgusting and stupid name in the book. When they go to Giants Stadium to play the Jets your fans are terrible... "prettyboy" "crybaby" "go fu k Zack's sister" etc... Can you blame him for hating you guys?

I swear, on Tuesday everybody here was bitching about how they were treated at the game Monday night... "They were dragging a Jets jersey on the ground", "they would'nt give my wife directions" Blah-Blah-Blah...You people are the crybabys.

I thought role models in so fla were required to speak 2 languages ?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jason Taylor is a role model in South Florida. He has charitable foundations and he holds many charity events in our area. Here's proof bitches.

http://www.jasontaylorfoundation.com/events.htm

The only team that Taylor trashes is the Jets. Want to know why?

It's because of you, the Jets fans that call him every disgusting and stupid name in the book. When they go to Giants Stadium to play the Jets your fans are terrible... "prettyboy" "crybaby" "go fu k Zack's sister" etc... Can you blame him for hating you guys?

I swear, on Tuesday everybody here was bitching about how they were treated at the game Monday night... "They were dragging a Jets jersey on the ground", "they would'nt give my wife directions" Blah-Blah-Blah...You people are the crybabys.

And he does that out of the kindness of his heart... Jimmy Buffett is no role model just because of all of the charities HE supports.

I'm HAPPY to hear that the fans get SO under his skin. It shows he's weak. And I hope that's not the worst of what's said to him. Please.

I'm trying sooo hard to behave myself on this site, but if you want to talk about lack of class we can talk about the Jets fans reactions when Jason Taylor was assaulted by that lunatic a while back. There were the "Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy" posts, along with "What a f*ckin b*tch he is, this is the funniest thing I have ever heard" posts.

I find it amusing that JT gets under your skin to the point that you forget to use manners and class yourselves. He takes a few jabs at NY fans (who BTW were talking sh*t infront of his kids) and you guys act like he is at fault and owes you an apology. :rolleyes:

JT was right to speak his mind on Merrimen, he used roids to enhance his performance on the field. If you think that Merrimen should somehow get a pass because you have a thing for JT, that is really sad.

It is not about what JT said; many agree that Merriman does not deserve any accolades. The fact is that Taylor opened his blow hole for selfish motives. Basically you could relate this to a whining toddler crying "it's not fair" with a huge fat lip! GROW UP!

img6303522.jpgEqual.jpgcrying.jpg

The funny thing is, both Taylor & Merriman (just like atleast 90% of the other NFL athletes) are either on or at one point or another have taken steroids.

Oh and I'd take Merriman in a fight anyday.

Taylor is 6.6 and weighs in the mid 250's almost a throwback to the pre-steriods period in terms of playing weight. He might have but he may be clean as well?

Taylor, who is 6-feet-6 but weighed as little as 235 pounds early in his career, said he never was tempted by steroids.

"I've never intended to do it, never had any desire to do it," he said. "I take pride in being able to do what I do at the size and the weight that I am."

Taylor is a top candidate for defensive player of the year, and Merriman, who leads the NFL with 16 sacks, is widely perceived as the other likely choice. The award is decided by a media vote.

"This is not about the defensive player of the year award," Taylor said. "I don't care about that."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/12/29/a7c_fins_notes_1229.html

Taylor does not use steroids and never has. Merriman is an athelete who had to use steroids in order to be better. Taylor is just that good.

Even though I do think this whole argument they are having is pretty funny (I agree with JT on this one though) I also think they are both hurting thier chances to win by slinging mud at eachother.

Who would be the next in line? Ray Lewis?

I agree wholeheartedly with Taylor... I just think it makes Taylor look like a whining baby by making those comments himself since he's in the run for the award.

An opinion is an opinion, whether he is in the running or not he is entitled to have one. I didn't read the article to see what context JT's remarks were given, but he could have been asked about Merrimen or asked about players that use roids. Regardless he is entitled to have an opinion and his quote "A performance-enhancing drug is, obviously, what it is," Taylor said. "You enhance your performance by doing that. You fail that test, I think it's not right, it's against the rules and ultimately I think it's sending the wrong message to the youth in America and the people who look at this game not only as entertainment but also to learn lessons from it" should be commended and not trashed because he is up for an award.

Maybe he should have whispered that to a few friends to leak to the press... BUT NO! JT had to take as much limelight as he could... typical. Unfortunately, like I said, it makes him look like a crybaby all over again. Right comments coming from the wrong person.

I would think that sending other people out to talk for you is a p*ssy move. At least he was man enough to say it out in the open, unlike so many sports stars that hide behind the whole "Sources" identity in the newspapers. You know the players that b*tch and whine about their teammates to the press behind their back and don't own up to the comments. JT doesn't do that, I would hate to think of what you would be saying about him or calling him if he did such a thing.

I'm trying sooo hard to behave myself on this site, but if you want to talk about lack of class we can talk about the Jets fans reactions when Jason Taylor was assaulted by that lunatic a while back. There were the "Couldn't have happened to a more deserving guy" posts, along with "What a f*ckin b*tch he is, this is the funniest thing I have ever heard" posts.

I find it amusing that JT gets under your skin to the point that you forget to use manners and class yourselves. He takes a few jabs at NY fans (who BTW were talking sh*t infront of his kids) and you guys act like he is at fault and owes you an apology. :rolleyes:

JT was right to speak his mind on Merrimen, he used roids to enhance his performance on the field. If you think that Merrimen should somehow get a pass because you have a thing for JT, that is really sad.

Behave? No way. :)

JT getting attacked by anyone is awful and should never happen. There are tons of Jet fans out there that are also classless *******s, no doubt. Just like there are for any team in the NFL.

That being said, JT has gone on record insulting all Jet fans and calling them "ignorant". I am sorry, but to speak about over a million people with a broad sweeping like that is in itself ignorant.

JT talks a lot of trash, especially against the Jets, but he should learn to do his talking on the field. Maybe if he did, his team wouldn't be playing golf every year for the last 5 years in a row.

BZ

JT getting attacked by anyone is awful and should never happen. There are tons of Jet fans out there that are also classless *******s, no doubt. Just like there are for any team in the NFL.

That being said, JT has gone on record insulting all Jet fans and calling them "ignorant". I am sorry, but to speak about over a million people with a broad sweeping like that is in itself ignorant.

JT talks a lot of trash, especially against the Jets, but he should learn to do his talking on the field. Maybe if he did, his team wouldn't be playing golf every year for the last 5 years in a row.

BZ

Again, that's your opinion and you have every right to have it.

I'm not sure but I would bet that his original comments about Jets fans (Ignorant) was in response to the incident that happened with his family. JT is also a ball buster that likes to throw a jab or two at Jets, Pats and Bills fans to get them riled up, but it's all in good fun. I think some of you guys get offended over nothing, really. But so far in this thread he has been called a whiney b*tch and a roids freak. :rolleyes: Maybe JT has a point about some of the fans.

BZ

It's nice to see your trip to South Florida did'nt mellowed you out. I'd hate to see you lose your edge.;)

As far as Taylor is concerned, only he knows what the true reasons are for him hating Jets fans. But having seen the things written here at JN I kinda understand where he's coming from. The stuff said about his wife, kids himself as a person and a player. There's some pretty nasty stuff said and to go through that year after year would be enough to drive anybody over the edge. Besides, most Jets fans are ignorant and yes most Dolphin fans are idiots also. Me included.

Actually he was talking about the Jets fans who come down to Miami..

“… a bunch of them chanting their dumb-ass chant and all that other stuff, being the ignorant fans they are. I said it. I don't care if they get mad at me or not. They don't like me anyway. Quite frankly, I don't care… I'm just being real. I'm telling the truth. You carry yourself with some class, and we'll talk about you as if you've got class. If you want to act crazy and do all the crazy things they do, I'll call a spade a spade.”

I wonder who looks classless now?

BZ

It's nice to see your trip to South Florida did'nt mellowed you out. I'd hate to see you lose your edge.;)

As far as Taylor is concerned, only he knows what the true reasons are for him hating Jets fans. But having seen the things written here at JN I kinda understand where he's coming from. The stuff said about his wife, kids himself as a person and a player. There's some pretty nasty stuff said and to go through that year after year would be enough to drive anybody over the edge. Besides, most Jets fans are ignorant and yes most Dolphin fans are idiots also. Me included.

Every NFL player goes through the exact same stuff. I won't even start with the things they were yelling at Coles last year up in Buffalo. Stuff that should NEVER be yelled out. Yet, do you see him the papers? Calling out the Buffalo fans? Nope.

BZ

Gayson is a pussy and Merriman owned him.

I love Shawne Merriman.

Uhh, your wrong. When the Dolphins played San Diego last year we owned Merriman steroids and all. Merriman had 2 tackles 1 assist no sacks no ints.

If you love him so much, F-ing marry him. Or are you still waiting for Brady?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051211_MIA@SD

Uhh, your wrong. When the Dolphins played San Diego last year we owned Merriman steroids and all. Merriman had 2 tackles 1 assist no sacks no ints.

If you love him so much, F-ing marry him. Or are you still waiting for Brady?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20051211_MIA@SD

What does a game last year have to do with anything? Gayson is a whining bitch and Merriman is better then him at all aspects.

Who cares? Isn't that stereotyping to take an action by one person and put it at the feet of millions of people?

BZ

If somebody harassed you and your family, would you not be upset? I think he was making a statement based on his experience with Jets fans. Should he have generalized your fanbase, no but we don't know what is said when he is out and about with his family, how many Jets fans talk sh*t when he is having dinner with his family, when he is walking off the field, etc. I would be frustrated too if my kids heard perfect strangers yelling "You f*ckin p*ssy, that guy should have kicked your *ss" or "you are a whiney b*tch, lay off the steroids b*tch". Take a look at this thread as a good example of the sh*t thrown his way, then try to place the kids in the equation. You would be upset too, as would I.

How the hell do you know Gayson isn't on HGH or something undetectable?

Taylor, who is 6-feet-6 but weighed as little as 235 pounds early in his career, said he never was tempted by steroids.

"I've never intended to do it, never had any desire to do it," he said. "I take pride in being able to do what I do at the size and the weight that I am."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphins/content/sports/epaper/2006/12/29/a7c_fins_notes_1229.html

That's how.

If somebody harassed you and your family, would you not be upset? I think he was making a statement based on his experience with Jets fans. Should he have generalized your fanbase, no but we don't know what is said when he is out and about with his family, how many Jets fans talk sh*t when he is having dinner with his family, when he is walking off the field, etc. I would be frustrated too if my kids heard perfect strangers yelling "You f*ckin p*ssy, that guy should have kicked your *ss" or "you are a whiney b*tch, lay off the steroids b*tch". Take a look at this thread as a good example of the sh*t thrown his way, then try to place the kids in the equation. You would be upset too, as would I.

Welcome to the NFL. Every single player in the NFL has that happen to them all the time.

The difference is in how they react.

BZ

Welcome to the NFL. Every single player in the NFL has that happen to them all the time.

The difference is in how they react.

BZ

Getting chased off the road with your wife in the car by a Jets fan and getting called Ni**er at knifepoint happens "all the time". "Welcome to the NFL".

Come on BZ, you know better than that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12578162/

That's how.

LOL @ YOU. How naive can you be dude? U think he's just gonna admit it?

Getting chased off the road with your wife in the car by a Jets fan and getting called Ni**er at knifepoint happens "all the time". "Welcome to the NFL".

Come on BZ, you know better than that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12578162/

The article mentions nothing of the psycho being a jets fan and this is the first time I have heard anyone associate the attacker with being a jets fan so my question is how do you know he is a jets fan when no one else has even speculated as much?

Archived