What boxing match should Coach Mangini show this week??

glenn212

There is only 1 fight worth showing this week...

Julio Ceasar Chavez Vs Oscar De La Hoya

This is the fight where the torch is passed,or should I say taken By De La Hoya from JCC. He beats the older Chavez like step child and ends that chapter in boxing history. Much Like Mangini and the Jets will end the book this week on the Pats Dynasty once and for all.

He should show Larry Holmes vs. Ali. Ali was a once proud champ. He was outclassed by a younger, hungrier Holmes. It think that was the only fight Ali had lost to that point by Knockout. Angelo Dundee wouldn't let Ali come out for the 11th I believe.

Holmes beat Ali so bad that night he wasn't sure what to do himself. It will be the same way for Mangini. Do you run up the score or put the breaks on?

It will be an interesting decision either way. :box:

He should show Larry Holmes vs. Ali. Ali was a once proud champ. He was outclassed by a younger, hungrier Holmes. It think that was the only fight Ali had lost to that point by Knockout. Angelo Dundee wouldn't let Ali come out for the 11th I believe.

Holmes beat Ali so bad that night he wasn't sure what to do himself. It will be the same way for Mangini. Do you run up the score or put the breaks on?

It will be an interesting decision either way. :box:

This is the fight where the torch is passed,or should I say taken By De La Hoya from JCC. He beats the older Chavez like step child and ends that chapter in boxing history. Much Like Mangini and the Jets will end the book this week on the Pats Dynasty once and for all.

Close one. Why not show both?

I really would have thought Ali-Frazier, round 3. It is eeringly similar. Frazier won the 1st meeting, Ali the rematch, and Ali the world-televised 3rd match.

Otherwise, your suggestion is the perfect one.

Buster Douglas V. Mike Tyson.

No one gave him a chance.....

LL

difference is that Tyson wasnt prepared, didnt train etc.

Pats wont do that.

It needs to be a fight where both fighters were well honed and prepared, but one was a super favorite and the other a young up and comer,,,ORRRRRRRRRRRR,, we could just show Jets Colts Super Bowl III

Maybe its just me, but the Buster Douglas v Tyson fight doesn't quite fit in here. The Patriots aren't "invincible" as Tyson appeared to be back then, nor do they have the ability to simply overpower teams anymore. If the Jets were to face San Diego, that would be very similar i think, b/c if no one thinks the Jets can beat the Pats, the thought of the Jets upsetting the Bolts would be unfathomable. Someone mentioned when Oscar took the title earlier(i think it was either Max or 124, not sure), and mentioned it was like him TAKING the torch away, not it being passed on. That is this game.

Tarver vs Jones Jr 3

Just wanna throw this out again

Tarver vs. Jones I & II

Next, Roy Jones Jr. decided against defending his Heavyweight title and instead announced his plan to return and take back the Light-Heavyweight belts. Given little chance of winning, Tarver surprised both fan and expert alike by taking Jones the distance and losing the fight by a close majority decision on November 8, 2003 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Because some of those that saw the fight thought that Tarver had actually done enough to win the fight, a small but well-publicized controversy ensued, leading to the pair's second fight.

Because of Jones's proven ability to adjust to opponents' styles during rematches, experts did not believe Tarver would pose much of a threat in the second fight on May 15, 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Nevertheless, Tarver produced the upset and recovered the world titles by knocking Jones out in the second round. In the eyes of most observers, it wasn't as shocking that Tarver had beaten Roy Jones Jr. as it was that he had knocked him out; in fifty previous fights, Roy Jones Jr. had been sent to the floor only once, and he had never lost a fight by knockout.

In addition to the surprising result, Tarver-Jones II will also be remembered as the "No Excuse Fight" as a result of Tarver's memorable comments in the middle of the ring just prior to the match. When referee Jay Nady asked if the fighters had any questions, Tarver surprised everyone (though he had told his trainer, James (Buddy) McGirt, he would do this) by replying: "I have a question." Then, looking straight at Jones, asked, "You got any 'scuses tonight, Roy? You got any 'scuses, Roy?"

Rubber Match Against Jones

In their third fight, Tarver won a unanimous decision over Roy Jones Jr. on October 1, 2005 in Tampa, Florida, almost knocking Jones out in the 11th round, but also finding himself in trouble at times during the fight.

Archived