mangini was a comedian today

jetsrule128

Mangini continues to be a media darling...it will be interesting to see his demeanor under different difficult circumstances

You mean circumstances like the beginning of the season where guys like Cannitzero and Hutchinson were tearing him to pieces on every turn? Seems to me like he handled it great. These asstards know that they can't tear him up in the midst of him leading a rather poor team, talent wise, into the playoffs. But trust me, they are dying for him to slip up so they can go back to writing how Mangini is brutal dictator who alienates players, simply based on the notion that not spewing verbal vomit ala DuhHerm must mean he is. Believe me, I'm sure Mangini is fully aware of the wolves in sheep's clothing. Or in Cannitzero's case, the elephant with a sheep skin diaper. There isn't a sheep in the world big enough to disguise his fat ass.

Ok Boozer but be honest this is still the honeymoon period where everyone is on board. I am talking about a situation where the players start rumbling and that comes from losing...alot. Granted it may never happen just trying to make a point. All is great and green for Mangini now but in the NFL things can change quickly it is all how you handle it.

Ok Boozer but be honest this is still the honeymoon period where everyone is on board. I am talking about a situation where the players start rumbling and that comes from losing...alot. Granted it may never happen just trying to make a point. All is great and green for Mangini now but in the NFL things can change quickly it is all how you handle it.

There are very few coaches in the league who are immune to that. But then again, very few HC's in the NFL came into the job on day 1 with as much criticism as Mangini, so I suspect he'll be ready for those days to come.

You mean the "honeymoon" when D'Brick going to his car without talking to the media was the end of Western civilization as we know it? or when they b!tched about not disucssing injuries beyond the report, or not giving media access to the assistants?

who was the guy that criticized D'Brick right off the bat? "if he can't handle reporters how ill he handle Dwight Freeney?" who was that idiot?

I would tell you, but it will cost $55.

Hint-NY Post, large hale and hardy Italian-American fellow, likes golf, dounts, Sooth, Hermie....

who was the guy that criticized D'Brick right off the bat? "if he can't handle reporters how ill he handle Dwight Freeney?" who was that idiot?

What I always think about is all the posters on here after Manginis first presser saying how confused he looked and overwhelmed just from a press conference. People were jumping ship based on how the guy responded when for the first time in his life he was the center of attention, while addressing the largest media market on the planet.

What I always think about is all the posters on here after Manginis first presser saying how confused he looked and overwhelmed just from a press conference. People were jumping ship based on how the guy responded when for the first time in his life he was the center of attention, while addressing the largest media market on the planet.

I remember it differently. If I recall (iirc) people here were generally groovin on his enthusiasm, and while some were surprised at how youthful he came across that day, only one poster really hated on him for his exuberance.

I remember it differently. If I recall (iirc) people here were generally groovin on his enthusiasm, and while some were surprised at how youthful he came across that day, only one poster really hated on him for his exuberance.

Yeah, generally we supported him, although there were a few negative posters, it's the media that kept tearing into him.

Yeah, generally we supported him, although there were a few negative posters, it's the media that kept tearing into him.

I got to tell you guys the truth when he first stood up there that day and started talking about Jet core values I thought to myself "We HAVE core values?" I thought by the time Herm's tenure was over there was nothing left

Mangini is a big boy, people. Such is teh life of teh NFL Head coach, it is a know job quality.

I would rather that a coach face the firestorm early, place the chip squarely on his shoulder, and see teh heat early. Battle tested is battle ready.

If you have a coach that will shrink because there are some initial bad reviews of the hire, you got the wrong coach in the first place.

Newspapares are there to sell newspapers. Not make everyone feel warm and toasty. And contrary to popular belief, certainly not there to be objective.

Archived