Can Leon Washington be our #1 RB?

ECURB

Stand Curtis next to Leon and then tell me they are the same size.

Curtis Martin - 5'10" 210lbs

Leon Washington - 5'8" 202lbs

Being a couple inches shorter actually helps, less person to tackle and a lower angle at the pile... other than that they are only 8lbs apart....

Same size Max

Man, if only we had drafted LenDale White instead of Nick Mangold like you wanted us to, we wouldn't have this problem.

White averaged 4.0 ypc as a rookie. Once he gets a chance to be a full-time running back he will probably be a 1,000 yd a season 8-10 td's.

Hey, how's Brodie Croyle working out? Your diagnosis of the QB position is on the money.

White averaged 4.0 ypc as a rookie. Once he gets a chance to be a full-time running back he will probably be a 1,000 yd a season 8-10 td's.

Hey, how's Brodie Croyle working out? Your diagnosis of the QB position is on the money.

i would bet my house Mangold will be wayyyyyy better than lendale white will ever be.

ok, I'm a hundred years late to this thread and my question's probably been answered but here goes....

Could he be fullback material?

His "keepaway" thing that he's so good at, wouldnt' it be best exploited on a short pass or screen where he doesn't have to punch a hole first?

I think Leon can share carries with another RB and be very successful. Warrick Dunn has been great in Atlanta, but he has always had two other "RBs" on the team, sharing carries: Michael Vick, and his own backup.

We need to get someone who can share carries with Leon and complement his style.

The problem with the RB position is in the fact that by the time many RBs hit 30 years old they are long done or want to retire.

Leon is young and has shown some success, but 30 touches a game? who knows.

Bush has Duece in New Orleans. Warrick Dunne was never just the main runner. He's been a good RB but he's always had other RBs to take some of the load off. And even after they got rid of Duckett, there is always Vick who rushed for 1000 yards this season.

Even Westbrook had other RBs to share the load plus Mcnabb who ran and on top of that, the Eagles were a team that passed the ball 60 times and ran about 20 times in a game.

This year they did things differently, but who knows how long Westbrook could do that?

So it is a big difference if he was sharing the load. But Houston just looks like an egg and that's about all the Jets have. Washington could do some things like Bush if there were a Duece around, but a RB who gets 300+ carries a season compared to one that gets 150+ carries and 50 pass receptions is a big difference.

I think Leon has some talent, but for him to be utilized to his full potential some other RB needs to step up and be able to take some of the load off of Washington.

It can't be some useless running back.. It can't be some RB who comes in, they run it up the middle, and then the guy goes back out.. That never works. It just makes the coaching staff look stupid. I didn't like the way Smith was used by the end of the year.. It always seemed like, Oh Smith is in, here is another trick play.

The way Bush has been utilized in New Orleans has been great. Because sometimes he can catch the ball, pass the ball, block, or deceive works wonders on how the offense runs.

That's the other problem with Washington. He has not been a very good blocker. To become a great RB in the NFL, y ou need to be able to save your QB once in a while, if you can't do that, it makes it easy for a defense to know when and when your not in a game and what plays are being called.

The problem with the RB position is in the fact that by the time many RBs hit 30 years old they are long done or want to retire.

Leon is young and has shown some success, but 30 touches a game? who knows.

Bush has Duece in New Orleans. Warrick Dunne was never just the main runner. He's been a good RB but he's always had other RBs to take some of the load off. And even after they got rid of Duckett, there is always Vick who rushed for 1000 yards this season.

Even Westbrook had other RBs to share the load plus Mcnabb who ran and on top of that, the Eagles were a team that passed the ball 60 times and ran about 20 times in a game.

This year they did things differently, but who knows how long Westbrook could do that?

So it is a big difference if he was sharing the load. But Houston just looks like an egg and that's about all the Jets have. Washington could do some things like Bush if there were a Duece around, but a RB who gets 300+ carries a season compared to one that gets 150+ carries and 50 pass receptions is a big difference.

I think Leon has some talent, but for him to be utilized to his full potential some other RB needs to step up and be able to take some of the load off of Washington.

Good post my friend.

• 8 months later...
Didnt need to... everyone knows he is better... :)

Did you bump this thrad... Because I bumped mine? lol.

Me and you were right about Chad Pennington giving this Jets team the best chance at winning... And it looks like we have been right this whole time about Leon.

Great minds think alike

you know what this means escrub? you and DWC are the same person, or at least should move in together and do the touching thing

Are we smokg crack rocks over here at the Nation?

What makes you guy's right? What proves your point he can be our #1 back?

Is it his 11 rushes in 3 games?

Or his 33 rushing yards in those 3 games?

I posted my thread last year after the playoff game. I was expecting him to get a ton of touches this season, hasn't worked out so far.

But come on, don't dis crack, Freud digs it.

i am pretty dissapointed in how they have used him so far this season.

he is our most explosive player on offense (well, maybe cotchery) and he has hardly been used at all on offense. i don't understand why.

I agree...I say split him out wide from time to time and throw him a screen...he can make things happen in the open field. Or try to get him matched up on a LB that he can easily out run. I like the guy and hopefully he gets a chance to make some plays.

Did you bump this thrad... Because I bumped mine? lol.

Me and you were right about Chad Pennington giving this Jets team the best chance at winning... And it looks like we have been right this whole time about Leon.

Great minds think alike

What do you mean? Did you see that stiff arm by Thomas Jones???lol It was on someone's sig. That's enough for me to start him and retire his jersey. I want that poster. I want the shot right when the Dolphin DB went flying in the other direction off of TJones hand. Keep an eye out

I mean I've always agreed with you guys on Chad, but in 2 or 3 weeks, it's gonna be so obvious the national announcers are going to know it.ESPN will know, it won't be a little message board battle, Every will just Know that Chad's one of the best QB's in the league. You remember 2002,right? Same thing, just more experience. He is who he is. A winner.

But sorry, Thomas "mush a dolphin DB on his a$$" Jones is our 1, with an AWESOME third down back.

Someone who is Obviously must smarter than me jumped on my s--t when I said this last time, but I'm gonna go ahead and repeat it anyway. If we had given Kendall his Mil, we have a top 5 Offense in the AFC.Top 10 in the league. Our problem is on the other side.

• 1 year later...

Archived