Barlow wants to be back in 07'

ECURB

http://www.nydailynews.com/01-10-2007/sports/football/story/487265p-410261c.html

Despite the crowded backfield, Barlow said yesterday he wants to return in 2007 and he vowed to be a better player after having a full offseason to rehabilitate his surgically repaired knee.

"I'm going to take two steps back, take a deep breath and come back a beast next year," Barlow said yesterday by phone.

I wonder if he actually has a shot to stay with us? He does have a more proven career than Houston and if you remember Houston was almost on his way out the door this pre-season... maybe they cut Houston & Blaylock and keep Barlow and Washington...

Wishful thinking on his part.

It seems that way... but Houston was thought to be out the door this pre-season then he hung on but now most of us have him staying over Barlow... I cant wait to see what Mangini thinks...

It seems that way... but Houston was thought to be out the door this pre-season then he hung on but now most of us have him staying over Barlow... I cant wait to see what Mangini thinks...

Yes, but Houston showed flashes as a rookie and had a great performance in the last preseason game.

Barlow did nothing this season except prove that he sucks.

http://www.nydailynews.com/01-10-2007/sports/football/story/487265p-410261c.html

I wonder if he actually has a shot to stay with us? He does have a more proven career than Houston and if you remember Houston was almost on his way out the door this pre-season... maybe they cut Houston & Blaylock and keep Barlow and Washington...

I think he does have a shot, if he breaks his ass in the offseason, rehabs his wheel, and comes into camp like a beast, as he vowed to do.

Yes, but Houston showed flashes as a rookie and had a great performance in the last preseason game.

Barlow did nothing this season except prove that he sucks.

Barlow showed flashes this year too, he had a good game in NE and scored 6 rushing TD's... just saying

Houston - Played 8 games / Started 1

113(att) 374(yds) 3.3(ypc) 31(long) 5(TD's)

Barlow - Played 12 games / Started 3

131(att) 370(yds) 2.8(ypc) 12(long) 6(TD's)

So basically both were not great this year but got it done in the redzone a little...

If Mangini takes into account past performace though, Barlow wins that becuase he was a 1000yd back with a 5.1 YPC in 03'

I want to bring in a better back and have either Houston or Barlow as the #3, just very curious what Mangini will do.

What I wanna understand is how did Lee suggs fail the physical, then barlow pass it, and he is now saying his knee is still sh**.

I dont get it.

that spinal thing that Suggs has is a degenerative deal-the Jets (I think) felt the guy could have gotten killed if he were hit the wrong way.Leg injuries are comeback-able from (that can't be a word but it sort of applied anyway)

If he re-works his deal he may be back. He's scheduled to make what? 3.25 or 3.75 mill? If he retools it down to around 1.5 million he will be back with the team, possibly. Either Barlow or Houston however will be gone because we're going to either sign another back via FA or via the draft.

If he re-works his deal he may be back. He's scheduled to make what? 3.25 or 3.75 mill? If he retools it down to around 1.5 million he will be back with the team, possibly. Either Barlow or Houston however will be gone because we're going to either sign another back via FA or via the draft.

124, maybe Oakland will release L.J. and we can pick him up :wink:

WHat if Mangini thinks Barlow will go back to his 1000yd 5.1ypc self??? That would really effect our offseason moves...

I really dont think Barlow will be a NYJ but Im starting to wonder if we are all wrong about him being as good as gone... what if it really is his knee bothering him and Mangini wants to give him another chance???

Hell for all we know Mangini could stick with the same 3 guys next year... you never really know for sure... and if you did ESPN would be paying up for your skills by now...

I think the title of this thread should be "Barlow wants to be back in NFL in 07" He's talking big because he knows his on field results suggest he pursue a career outside of football. He'd be happy just to make a roster at this point. No NFL RB worth his weight is going to "want" to come back to a RBBC situation where he wasn't even part of the committee late in the season.

I think Mangini has already spoken in terms of barlow/houston. Or at least I hope so.

Houston replaced a non exsistent Barlow & rightfully so. Houston has potential to improve. Barlow played his whole hand this year and it wasn't pretty.

I'm gonna go with houston & his potential upside than the known quantity of barlow.

I think Barlow is far superior to Houston. Barlow played hurt all year with his knee problem. I'd keep him aronud, but only if he takes a pay cut.

How is Barlow superior to Houston? Because, once upon a time, it looked like Barlow actually had talent? In the past three years, he has proven otherwise.

If you die of a Lamont Jordan-related heart attack, can I give the eulogy?

Yes.

Anyways, I'd like to bring back Barlow if he restructures his deal (scheduled to make $3.25 in 07, $4.00 in 08). He's a proven 1,000 yard rusher who was playing hurt this season and who knows maybe he can return to form next season and he and Leon can be a deadly 1-2 punch. That being said, we must get rid of the three running back rotation and stick with 1 or 2 guys.

I'm still all up for drafting Adrian Peterson or Marshawn Lynch if Lynch fell to us at 25/26 (wherever we are) or if we could possibly trade up to around the 10 spot if Peterson fell that far. I'd also be willing to give up the 1st round pick for Michael Turner but time will tell what Tangini is going to do.

Houston - Played 8 games / Started 1

113(att) 374(yds) 3.3(ypc) 31(long) 5(TD's)

Barlow - Played 12 games / Started 3

131(att) 370(yds) 2.8(ypc) 12(long) 6(TD's)

That's digusting!!!!and you can't really blame the line because Washington's line reads like this:

att-151yds-650ypc-4.3td-4

wipe the slate clean,just keep washington and maybe Tutt.Askew,Barlow,Blaylock,Houston....goodbye.

How the heLL did Barlow have that year in SF?????????That's funny,now all of a sudden he played hurt this year.Come on the guy sucks.The best is finding a fantasy football guy who picked him up after the year he and Hearst went for 1,00 yards each and Hearst left so it was Barlow's show.hahaha.They'll give you a good assessment of his talent.or was he hurt for those years too?

We need a running back in the worst way.Whether we take on early in the draft,or take a couple in the later rounds and hope to hit,or even trade a pick for a proven guy or pay a FA.You don't win without a good RB.

The beauty is we do have Leon so we don't need a superstar,we need a GOOD back.

I think Mangini has already spoken in terms of barlow/houston. Or at least I hope so.

Looking at the gameplan for the WC game, I'd say they are both in jeopardy of losing their jobs.

Houston- 1 carry

Barlow- 0 carries

Houston has never had a better season than 374 yds.

Barlow hasnt done much for the past two seasons.

They'll be fighting it out in tc next summer for a spot on the team.

If barlow lives up to his promise to come into camp as a beast, i give him a fighting chance.

Looking at the gameplan for the WC game, I'd say they are both in jeopardy of losing their jobs.

Houston- 1 carry

Barlow- 0 carries

Houston has never had a better season than 374 yds.

Barlow hasnt done much for the past two seasons.

They'll be fighting it out in tc next summer for a spot on the team.

If barlow lives up to his promise to come into camp as a beast, i give him a fighting chance.

good post , I didn't know barlow said that & I did think he was a beast running downhill at sf. on occasion

I sometimes look in the mirror & expect to see john Kerry the way I flip flop:confused:

No way is barlow the answer to our running game.

houston may not be either but has power, burst & huge potential upside. Our answer at running back is not yet on the team.

I dont understand how you and others claim Houston ha HUGE UPSIDE.... he did poorly this year when healthy, Leon did better than him... and we need an upgrade over Leon, so why would we keep Houston?

Houston was no better than Barlow this year, but he has HUGE UPSIDE??? That makes no sense, he had his chance last year and this year to make a splash and couldnt... what makes you think next year Houston will explode?

Houston basically was about the same as Barlow with no proof that he can even be good, at least Barlow has shown he can be effective in the NFL before....

good post , I didn't know barlow said that & I did think he was a beast running downhill at sf. on occasion

It's in the first post of this thread:

"I'm going to take two steps back, take a deep breath and come back a beast next year," Barlow said yesterday by phone.

To say houston was a disappointment this year is an understatement. I was rooting for him to do well, but he never seemed to find that extra gear. He looked aight in tc, but that was when comparing him to Blalock, who was terrible, and barlow, who didnt have a full camp.

Archived