Ooh isn't that Tom Brady GREAT?

SoFlaJets

Are you serious with this ****? Ignoring the obvious, which is that Brady has three Super Bowl rings and a 12-1 playoff record (compared to Chad's sparkling 0 and 2-3), but he also did something yesterday that Chad has done ONCE in the past three years. Brady took his team to victory after trailing by an 8-point margin. And he did it in crunch time.

Just a ridiculous assessment. It's like bashing Michael Jordan for only scoring 25 points in an NFL Finals win and saying John Starks could have done the same thing.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thank you for saying that,I almost broke my fingers reaching for the keyboard.A little luck,he's got it.

He's won 11 other post season games, while only losing 1.

Were those lucky, too?

I love the Jets as much as anyone, and hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but let's face it guys ...

He's the best there is at the position.

hahaha, he threatened to beat someone up over the internet, that is hilarious. Usually this starts with projecting and saying the other guy is an internet tough guy, but at least he didn't do that, I hate when people say that. Like you really talk like that to people in real life? I don't believe that, nobody really does that. People barely say anything in real life because if you disagree with someone you would probably just not keep talking to that person, if you're the type that can't stand people proving you wrong.

As for the Brady-Chad comparison, sure luck plays a factor but, the Chargers were up by 8, and that pretty much guarantees a Chad loss. You have to actually be able to take advantage of luck situations, and Brady is simply better than Chad. Are you guys going to just claim Chad has always had terrible teams that can't overcome 8 point deficits? If so, how is Vinny's record considerably better in the same situation, with similar talent, or even worse since Vinny is supposed to suck so much more than Chad and would bring the overall talent down? I like Chad, but he isn't on a HoFer like Brady's level. Chad can really only manage the game, while a guy like Brady can go out and win it, that's why Chad can't come back while Brady can. The overall level of QB play is low so Chad is fine, but a guy like Brady is so far ahead of pretty much everyone else that you can't make that comparison to Chad.

hahaha, he threatened to beat someone up over the internet, that is hilarious. Usually this starts with projecting and saying the other guy is an internet tough guy, but at least he didn't do that, I hate when people say that. Like you really talk like that to people in real life? I don't believe that, nobody really does that. People barely say anything in real life because if you disagree with someone you would probably just not keep talking to that person, if you're the type that can't stand people proving you wrong.

As for the Brady-Chad comparison, sure luck plays a factor but, the Chargers were up by 8, and that pretty much guarantees a Chad loss. You have to actually be able to take advantage of luck situations, and Brady is simply better than Chad. Are you guys going to just claim Chad has always had terrible teams that can't overcome 8 point deficits? If so, how is Vinny's record considerably better in the same situation, with similar talent, or even worse since Vinny is supposed to suck so much more than Chad and would bring the overall talent down? I like Chad, but he isn't on a HoFer like Brady's level. Chad can really only manage the game, while a guy like Brady can go out and win it, that's why Chad can't come back while Brady can. The overall level of QB play is low so Chad is fine, but a guy like Brady is so far ahead of pretty much everyone else that you can't make that comparison to Chad.

he pissed me off-I realized later how stupid a post it was-hey we all make mistakes-still think he's immature for always going to the name calling though...if we can't discuss things and agree to disagree without saying the person who disagrees with you is an idiot-well I just don't have time for that nonsense.I thought we were trying to get away from that crap around here

he pissed me off-I realized later how stupid a post it was-hey we all make mistakes-still think he's immature for always going to the name calling though...if we can't discuss things and agree to disagree without saying the person who disagrees with you is an idiot-well I just don't have time for that nonsense.I thought we were trying to get away from that crap around here

Yeah we are, you can report his post and a mod will take care of it. If you really feel it is a problem, Boozer getting a warning would change the way he posts. I didn't really see the personal attack but I am notoriously bad at this type of thing, I'm guilty of it ocasionally too.

Yeah we are, you can report his post and a mod will take care of it. If you really feel it is a problem, Boozer getting a warning would change the way he posts. I didn't really see the personal attack but I am notoriously bad at this type of thing, I'm guilty of it ocasionally too.

I don't know what it is but every time someone says something good about Pennington the guy goes off...he might be the first Jets fan I ever put on ignore-haven't done it yet

It just goes to show that even when cindy plays like crap he gets bailed out and no one will remember how awful he played...

Too true. You just know when all the "experts" are analyzing the Colts-Pats game this week they will talk about how Brady has only 1 loss in the playoffs and is the bestest quarterback to ever place his holy hands on a football ever.

F*CK TOM BRADY and all of his dumba$$ fans

Exactly what I would expect from someone so dumb as to post the original one. Like mangenius said, posts like that make us all look strupid, that's why I getn fired up about it.

I think you are just getting annoyed because SoFlaJets made a post that is absolutely correct. That is to say that if Pennington had done the same things Brady did such as throw 3 INT's and have a few others dropped, and in general be inaccurate and off-target all game and then get a win because of total and complete luck, many people here would have said we would have won that game IN SPITE of Pennington, but because it's Brady people are talking about how glorious and wonderful he is, even though he had terrible game.

Nobody is saying Pennington is as good or better than Brady, we're just talking about the obvious DOUBLE STANDARD that some people apply.

You should really work on your reading comprehension skills.

I think you are just getting annoyed because SoFlaJets made a post that is absolutely correct. That is to say that if Pennington had done the same things Brady did such as throw 3 INT's and have a few others dropped, and in general be inaccurate and off-target all game and then get a win because of total and complete luck, many people here would have said we would have won that game IN SPITE of Pennington, but because it's Brady people are talking about how glorious and wonderful he is, even though he had terrible game.

Nobody is saying Pennington is as good or better than Brady, we're just talking about the obvious DOUBLE STANDARD that some people apply.

thank you J-Mac that's exactly right-that is just what I was trying to explain-again and again and again-it's too bad Chad Pennington isn't cut the same slack that Brady is-(amazingly) by JETS FANS

You walked right into rhis one, so you deserve to look like an ass. Here's why-Chad has a 3 int game, you can rest assured the tent is packed up and we're going home. If Chad has a bad game early on it's almost automatic that hehas a bad game throughout. Rarely does he bounce back mid game. It's written all over his face when he's not playing well. Tom Brady had a horrible game. Played pretty pathetically for 3.5 quarters. But the difference between Brady and pennington is when the chips were on the line, he drove them right down the field for the game tying TD and the game winning FG. That, my friend, is the difference between Tom Btrady and Chad pennington.

Chad Pennington had an awful game for 3 quarters against Miami. He then led the Jets to the go-ahead (and game-winning) drive late in the game. He's not as fragile as you describe when the chips are down.

Look, without the insults, the reason Chad wouldn't get slack after a bad game like Brady's is that he hasn't earned the slack that winning 3 Super Bowls and 12 of 13 playoff games affords you. Noone in their right mind would refuse a Brady for Chad trade, would they? Brady deserved to lose that game, no doubt, but he is still the best QB in the league as far as I am concerned.

I think Brady is probably the best Clutch QB in the league now, but he doesn't really hold Montana or Elway's jockstraps.

Best clutch QB today is a fine assessment.

But for him to be considered the greatest ever, I need to see him lead his team to a decesive victory.

So far in his career, it's been his defense that has been the MVP.... As I said in another post, when you hold one of the best offenses of all time(Rams) to 17 points, it's not the QB who won that game.

For all that Brady is praised about, he's never led his team down the field and threw a game winning TD in the playoffs or super bowl.. Most of those game winnning FGs, while great, came when the score was tied... And last time I checked, Adam V misses any of those 40+ yard FGS like many kickers have over the years, Brady isn't considered clutch.

Montana and Elway have thrown game winning TDS. Brady hasn't.

There is no Brady to Clark's. Brady to Taylor. No 90 yard Brady Drives.

THere's been a couple of 25 yard drives that led to long FGs. But no 90 yard drives and a game winning FG.

Even yesterday, it wasn't Brady who came up with the big play. It was Troy Brown. Brady threw his 3rd interception and Brown made a spectacular play, defensive player made a bad play, and Brady gets credit for absolutely nothing.

He is a HOF QB, but he isn't close when you compare him to the best ever.

When the Pats need a big play, it's always been the defense and Adam V. Brady, while leading them into FG range, hasn't been a guy I've ever seen throw a game winning TD in the playoffs. Until he does that, he isn't close to those former great QBs.

I don't know what it is but every time someone says something good about Pennington the guy goes off...he might be the first Jets fan I ever put on ignore-haven't done it yet

You started a thread with a baseless analogy intended to do nothing more than sling mud at people who don't feel Chad is the allmighty god that you make him out to be. You wanted to make a silly point and used a HOF QB as your analogy. That's just plain dumb, sorry there's no other way to put it. Do you seriously question why Tom brady has more slack than pennington? Is that really something that puzzles you? Do you really need to ask something like that? My bet is you already know why your question was ridiculous, you just jumped at the chance to make a point and call out your so-called "non-true fans'. There was no other point to this thread but to do that. I've been quiet about the Chad issue ever since before the Raiders game. There was no point to discuss because he was the QB at that time, so as a fan I got behind him because there was no other debate to be had. Even now in the offseason this early there is really no debate to be had. You know why most of us who don't like him get on his case, and we know why you like him. But there's no point to discussing it right now becuase it's alof of hot air for something that won't be resolved until at least August. But you can't leave well enough alone, can you? you'd rather start a senseless thread with a senseless point to try and make people look bad. Well, I called you out as the idiot you were for doing so. You don't like that, report me. Go ahead, I'm sure you're very familiar with those procedures. But for the meantime when you make a stupid post intended on calling people like myself out, I'm gonna call a spade a spade and tell it like it is.

I think Brady is probably the best Clutch QB in the league now, but he doesn't really hold Montana or Elway's jockstraps.

Best clutch QB today is a fine assessment.

But for him to be considered the greatest ever, I need to see him lead his team to a decesive victory.

So far in his career, it's been his defense that has been the MVP.... As I said in another post, when you hold one of the best offenses of all time(Rams) to 17 points, it's not the QB who won that game.

For all that Brady is praised about, he's never led his team down the field and threw a game winning TD in the playoffs or super bowl.. Most of those game winnning FGs, while great, came when the score was tied... And last time I checked, Adam V misses any of those 40+ yard FGS like many kickers have over the years, Brady isn't considered clutch.

Montana and Elway have thrown game winning TDS. Brady hasn't.

There is no Brady to Clark's. Brady to Taylor. No 90 yard Brady Drives.

THere's been a couple of 25 yard drives that led to long FGs. But no 90 yard drives and a game winning FG.

Even yesterday, it wasn't Brady who came up with the big play. It was Troy Brown. Brady threw his 3rd interception and Brown made a spectacular play, defensive player made a bad play, and Brady gets credit for absolutely nothing.

He is a HOF QB, but he isn't close when you compare him to the best ever.

When the Pats need a big play, it's always been the defense and Adam V. Brady, while leading them into FG range, hasn't been a guy I've ever seen throw a game winning TD in the playoffs. Until he does that, he isn't close to those former great QBs.

I don't know how much more decisive you can be than 3 rings and something like 23 or 24 4th qtr comebacks.

I hate Brady as much as everyone else here but lets be honest here, the guy is a special QB that comes once every 10 years or so.

There are QB's in this league who have a better arm, better pair of legs, maybe even a better mind in running a game but there is no one is this league right now that wins the way Brady does.

The ridiculous thing is that Brady hasn't even been Brady this post season. He was really good against the Jets and really wasn't good against San Diego.

The difference though is that when Brady needed to be good in both those games. (The TD right before halftime in both the Jets and Chargers games and the 4th qtr of the Chargers game) he was just about as good as you can get.

He is 12-1 in the post season. That is tough to beat. Even greats like Montana and Elway took their share of beatings in the post season.

Right now Brady is running with the Bart Starr crowd.

You started a thread with a baseless analogy intended to do nothing more than sling mud at people who don't feel Chad is the allmighty god that you make him out to be. You wanted to make a silly point and used a HOF QB as your analogy. That's just plain dumb, sorry there's no other way to put it. Do you seriously question why Tom brady has more slack than pennington? Is that really something that puzzles you? Do you really need to ask something like that? My bet is you already know why your question was ridiculous, you just jumped at the chance to make a point and call out your so-called "non-true fans'. There was no other point to this thread but to do that. I've been quiet about the Chad issue ever since before the Raiders game. There was no point to discuss because he was the QB at that time, so as a fan I got behind him because there was no other debate to be had. Even now in the offseason this early there is really no debate to be had. You know why most of us who don't like him get on his case, and we know why you like him. But there's no point to discussing it right now becuase it's alof of hot air for something that won't be resolved until at least August. But you can't leave well enough alone, can you? you'd rather start a senseless thread with a senseless point to try and make people look bad. Well, I called you out as the idiot you were for doing so. You don't like that, report me. Go ahead, I'm sure you're very familiar with those procedures. But for the meantime when you make a stupid post intended on calling people like myself out, I'm gonna call a spade a spade and tell it like it is.

OK and when you act like a jerkoff and a gutless punk I'm gonna call you on it-Boozer you're a gutless jerkoff and a punk

OK and when you act like a jerkoff and a gutless punk I'm gonna call you on it-Boozer you're a gutless jerkoff and a punk

Deal, I'm a jerkoff and a gutless punk for telling you how stupid this post was. If that's what helps you to get through the day...........

Brady is better than Chad. Brady has garbage for receivers and look where he is. I see both sides of this -- SoFla has a point with some of the Brady stuff, Chad would get killed for 3 INTs. But the other side is that Brady has built up a certain amount of good will because of all the damn rings he has.

If Chad wins it all here, in the following years he will have as many mulligans as he wants. That is how sports work.

Regardless though, the bickering in this thread -- it's embarassing. Can't we just debate the points and not knock each other? Seems like a simple request.

think you are just getting annoyed because SoFlaJets made a post that is absolutely correct. That is to say that if Pennington had done the same things Brady did such as throw 3 INT's and have a few others dropped, and in general be inaccurate and off-target all game and then get a win because of total and complete luck, many people here would have said we would have won that game IN SPITE of Pennington, but because it's Brady people are talking about how glorious and wonderful he is, even though he had terrible game.

his last line says it perfectly-you obviously don't understand what you're reading

think you are just getting annoyed because SoFlaJets made a post that is absolutely correct. That is to say that if Pennington had done the same things Brady did such as throw 3 INT's and have a few others dropped, and in general be inaccurate and off-target all game and then get a win because of total and complete luck, many people here would have said we would have won that game IN SPITE of Pennington, but because it's Brady people are talking about how glorious and wonderful he is, even though he had terrible game.

his last line says it perfectly-you obviously don't understand what you're reading

Here is the double standard -- look at Brady's track record. Look at Chad's. Brady gets the benefit of the doubt. It is that simple.

Chad gets bashed here more than he should. Hopefully we took care of that problem. Let's just move forward now.

Brady is better than Chad. Brady has garbage for receivers and look where he is. I see both sides of this -- SoFla has a point with some of the Brady stuff, Chad would get killed for 3 INTs. But the other side is that Brady has built up a certain amount of good will because of all the damn rings he has.

If Chad wins it all here, in the following years he will have as many mulligans as he wants. That is how sports work.

Regardless though, the bickering in this thread -- it's embarassing. Can't we just debate the points and not knock each other? Seems like a simple request.

it gets hard to do when every response from this guy has him calling me names-it takes a lot of guts to be a tough guy over the internet and if he was in front of me saying some of the crap he's written about me in this thread there would be a problem...whoever disagrees with Boozer is an idiot to him-there is no comparison between Brady and Chad in my opinion here it's only a criticism of the double standard that guys like him apply when comparing the two.

If the Jets played the same game and won Sunday against SD-this guy would have focused on one aspect only-the 3 INTs and the 3 others dropped-I know how great Brady is and I also know he played bad enough that his team should have lost Sunday-anybody who can't see that obviously has an aganda-he's a Jets fan equivalant of Tex

Hey dumbass, why don't you take some of your own advice!! Everybody understands what you posted, they just can't believe that you would be so stupid as to not understand that it isn't a double standard when QB A has multiple SB wins, multiple divisional titles, multiple probowl appearances, and multpile SB MVP awards all while QB B has 1 div title that took 3 tiebreakers to settle at 9-7 to go along with a limp arm and a 64 million dollar contract. If you can't get it through your head that your analogy is just plain stupid then I don't know what to tell you. If Pennington had the pedigree that Brady has then yes, I'd cut him some slack. The bottom line is the only thing that Pennington has even remotely close to Tom Brady is a bloated contract that would lead you to believe he accomplished all those things if you looked at the contract alone. I read your post and I know exactly what your point was. I'm telling you your point was stupid and it did nothing but lower the IQ of every poor soul who actually read it.

Hey dumbass, why don't you take some of your own advice!! Everybody understands what you posted, they just can't believe that you would be so stupid as to not understand that it isn't a double standard when QB A has multiple SB wins, multiple divisional titles, multiple probowl appearances, and multpile SB MVP awards all while QB B has 1 div title that took 3 tiebreakers to settle at 9-7 to go along with a limp arm and a 64 million dollar contract. If you can't get it through your head that your analogy is just plain stupid then I don't know what to tell you. If Pennington had the pedigree that Brady has then yes, I'd cut him some slack. The bottom line is the only thing that Pennington has even remotely close to Tom Brady is a bloated contract that would lead you to believe he accomplished all those things if you looked at the contract alone. I read your post and I know exactly what your point was. I'm telling you your point was stupid and it did nothing but lower the IQ of every poor soul who actually read it.

gutless jerkoff punk

gutless jerkoff punk

And just a piece of advice, when you start stupid threads and get called out on it this is what you tend to be reduced to because you have no point or facts to fall back on. Next time try saying something smart and you won't be in this position.

Waaaahhhh waaaaahhhh waaaaaaahhhhhh. Hey, I think Orbitz has some cheap flights from FL to Newark airport. I'll even pick you up tough guy!! Just don't break a hip trying to make the early bird special at Perkins.

gutless jerkoff punk-I'm done with you go on over and talk to your buddy Tex at JetsInsider-he's very impressed with you in this thread...

And just a piece of advice, when you start stupid threads and get called out on it this is what you tend to be reduced to because you have no point or facts to fall back on. Next time try saying something smart and you won't be in this position.

your ranting in this thread completely validated everything I wrote-thanks

Don't you wish WE had a QB like him Jets fans instead of a Noodle Armed popgun shooting guy like Chad? Brady? The guy threw 3 INTs yesterday and had 3 others dropped-he could have come out of that game with 6 interceptions SIX!!! What would all the Chad-hating Jets fans have said about OUR guy if he had a game like that and still managed to get out of there with a win?

You guys would have found some reasoning in your minds that it wasn't because of Chad it was a "team effort" win.You know it and I know it...

Tom Brady won the game in the end right?

Here is what makes Tom Brady great. Everyone says "He picks up his play in the playoffs." I disagree. I disagree when this statement is made about ANYONE in ANY SPORT. Most people/players/etc CHOKE when the pressure is on, and as the pressure gets LARGER they CHOKE MORE.

The players that are "clutch" don't pick up their play... THEY KEEP IT ON THE SAME LEVEL AS USUAL. However, with everyone else choking around them.... it looks like he's on a new level. Think about it.. every big game you see.. Someone always MESSES UP leading to the winning run/score/etc. Pats game? Whoeever was covering Caldwell and left him so wide open it wasn't funny.

I don't care if my QB throws 100 picks... if we win, I am happy. Kudos to Tom Brady for sticking with the gameplan, settling in and winning the game. It helps he was playing the chargers but you play who is in front of you.

gutless jerkoff punk-I'm done with you go on over and talk to your buddy Tex at JetsInsider-he's very impressed with you in this thread...

I can't. I was banned for telling the owner of that site what an idiot he was for selling out. I call it like I see it, apparantly you can't handle that.

I can't. I was banned for telling the owner of that site what an idiot he was for selling out. I call it like I see it, apparantly you can't handle that.

oh I can handle whatever you got big guy-too bad you were banned-you fit right in with the other 15 year olds

oh I can handle whatever you got big guy-too bad you were banned-you fit right in with the other 15 year olds

Really? Because I'm not the one stomping my feet and whining because my point got blown out of the water. Hey tough guy, you still wanna fight? And I'm the 15 year old??!! Besides your buddy with the donkey, you are the biggest crybaby here. All you do is cry and moan when people don't agree with you or say something bad about your golden boy. It's embarrassing to me that a grown man your age resorts to such baby antics and childish footstomping. It's embarrsing that other fans come here and think that Jets fans must be idiots for trying to compare Brady and pennington. Congratulations on you successful quest to make yourself look stupid. Stop trying to drag everyone else down with you.

Archived