Does anybody else wish they chose the Patriots as their team

BoomBoomMancini

When I found out that my family was moving to the Boston area from Australia I decided that I would support all of the local teams.

I couldn't imagine living in Boston and supporting the Cowboys or Lakers.

You always go with the home teams unless you are bandwagon fan.

I never lived in New York, but my dad was born in NY, grew up in Jersey and made me and GOB lifelong Jets fans. I wouldn't describe myself as being a "bandwagon fan". When I was a kid, it was either become a Jets fan like my father, or root for Detroit Lions, and I think I'd rather watch the WNBA than root for a garbage team like Detroit.

Most teams need to have a history of championships to establish a bandwagon fan base...so i don't think a Jets bandwagon exists lol.

I never lived in New York, but my dad was born in NY, grew up in Jersey and made me and GOB lifelong Jets fans. I wouldn't describe myself as being a "bandwagon fan". When I was a kid, it was either become a Jets fan like my father, or root for Detroit Lions, and I think I'd rather watch the WNBA than root for a garbage team like Detroit.

Most teams need to have a history of championships to establish a bandwagon fan base...so i don't think a Jets bandwagon exists lol.

Looking back at my post I feel I threw out the "bandwagon" tag too easily.

I have been in the States since 1986 and have had season tickets for the Pats since 1992.

The funny thing is that I get labeled a bandwagon fan all the time when I travel as I have the audacity to follow the Pats.

Are you a San Diego/SoCal native or did you grow up in another part of the Country? I'm sure you have told me before but my memory sucks!

The reason I ask is because if you are from SoCal why aren't you a Chargers fan?

I was born in Elmhurst, Queens, went to HS in Manhattan, then went to undergrad out on LI at a state school, and just recently (2 years ago) came out to San Diego.

Just f@cking w/you man, but you're my partial enemy if you're a bulls fan because of what Jordan did to the knicks.

LOL best thing was, one of my good friends is a Knicks fan... made it that much better.... :)

Knicks never bothered me much, actually they have been good to us lately too.

I live in Kentucky and pretty much everybody I know is a Bengals fan so I guess that would be considered the "home" team, but I could never get into football watching the Bengals......When I finally did start getting into football I liked the story of the Jets and Broadway Joe and the merger so I became a Jets fan and I will never, ever, EVER stop rooting for them. I will bleed green until the day I die.

Will always be a Jets fan but actually enjoyed and rooted for the underdog Pats play-off run in 2001.

Unfortunately with the 2nd ring most Pats fans became like some Yankee fans.

You know the symptoms. I am a smarter fan than you since my team has recent rings.... I must always remind opposing fans of their Championship drought. When you have a season in which you don't win it all, immediately refer to past titles..... rseymour and Tx were the most blatant .....good riddance to TX and rseymour thankfully dosn't post as often since the "model" dumped him.

Good luck to our more classy Pats fans here this weekend.

I have never understood how people can not root for their 'home' team.

While I may despise the Bruins' ownership and never had much more then a passing interest in the Celtics, I could not imagine rooting for the Candiens or Lakers because they were more successful. They might suck, but they ar emy sucky teams.

Is this a way to politely as TX to sell off his Tom Brady shrine/Teen Beat magazines?

Yeah TX!

I was born in Boston and raised in New England. :Nuts:

Will always be a Jets fan but actually enjoyed and rooted for the underdog Pats play-off run in 2001.

Unfortunately with the 2nd ring most Pats fans became like some Yankee fans.

You know the symptoms. I am a smarter fan than you since my team has recent rings.... I must always remind opposing fans of their Championship drought. When you have a season in which you don't win it all, immediately refer to past titles..... rseymour and Tx were the most blatant .....good riddance to TX and rseymour thankfully dosn't post as often since the "model" dumped him.

Good luck to our more classy Pats fans here this weekend.

GS it is not like Jets' fans are any better.

Since the Patriots title run, the amount of jealousy and amount of hostility directed towards Patriots fans has steadily risen.

Archived