The Day The Dynasty Died

Maxman

...and they were singing...Bye Bye..Miss American Pie...

And in the streets, the children screamed,

The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.

But not a word was spoken;

The church bells all were broken.

And the three men I admire mostt

The father, son, and the holy ghost

They caught the last train for the coast

sorry old timer, hada sing with ya

Dynasty? Where? I thought you meant this one...

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=416767&postcount=7

...Or was it this one (way to go AirForceJetFan)?! :)

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=417285&postcount=22

...Or perhaps it was THIS one? Hehe.

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=417955&postcount=31

...Or pehaps this one....? :)

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=418294&postcount=35

C'mon, it's gotta be this one.

My name on the board is GLH222, and thank you for the kind words

Great read. Thanks for taking the time to do it.

The penalties and dropped passes kept adding up and before they knew it, the game was tied.

Dropped passes affected the outcome? Not according to some patsy fans here.

:P

My name on the board is GLH222, and thank you for the kind words

I thought the "Dynasty" ended last year when the Pats lost to Denver?

The "Dynasty" is over now? The Pats went from 10-6 in 2005 to 12-4 in 2006 with another appearance in the AFC Championship game.

I hate the word; "Dynasty." That word should not be used when talking about the NFL.

The Celtics and Canadiens deserve the moniker for that they achieved years ago. NFL teams don't.

I thought the "Dynasty" ended last year when the Pats lost to Denver?

The "Dynasty" is over now? The Pats went from 10-6 in 2005 to 12-4 in 2006 with another appearance in the AFC Championship game.

I hate the word; "Dynasty." That word should not be used when talking about the NFL.

The Celtics and Canadiens deserve the moniker for that they achieved years ago. NFL teams don't.

Exactly what I was thinking:

Last year they were bounced in the second round of the playoff's - this year they made it to the AFC Championship game. Last year the "dynasty" died because of uncharacteristic turn-overs, this year is was letting a big lead go. Gawd almighty! Riddle me this: when the cowboy and 49er "dynasties" were in their "primes" did they win each every playoff game during their "run?" By golly, no, they did not....and sometimes by acts that can be construed as "choking." Which, quite frankly, I sometimes wish some of you would go choke on something.....LOL!

Exactly what I was thinking:

Last year they were bounced in the second round of the playoff's - this year they made it to the AFC Championship game. Last year the "dynasty" died because of uncharacteristic turn-overs, this year is was letting a big lead go. Gawd almighty! Riddle me this: when the cowboy and 49er "dynasties" were in their "primes" did they win each every playoff game during their "run?" By golly, no, they did not....and sometimes by acts that can be construed as "choking." Which, quite frankly, I sometimes wish some of you would go choke on something.....LOL!

One of the new posters here said that the Yankees choke in 2004 wasn't even close to what happened to the Pats on Sunday because the Pats blew an 18 point lead in the 1st half.

I was too kind to point out that the Yankees had 4 games to win the series, not 30 minutes.

It was the biggest choke in an NFL Conference CG. Ever.

Unreal. I never would have expected a Belichek-coached team to suffer the biggest collapse in conf. champ. game history.

They'll still be a good team next year, but being good isnt the same as continuing a dynasty.

It was the biggest choke in an NFL Conference CG. Ever.

Unreal. I never would have expected a Belichek-coached team to suffer the biggest collapse in conf. champ. game history.

They'll still be a good team next year, but being good isnt the same as continuing a dynasty.

They'll still be a good team next year

Yep.

This is just something for Haternation to hang their bitter hats on, as far as I am concerned. Doesn't make you all bad people. Just makes you Jets fans.

Some of you have really missed the boat on this. I am gleeful that the pats lost and when I say they are classless, i am calling it as I see it. You just cant handle the truth.

I know you dont know what you dont know. Maybe if you knew what fans of OTHER teams were saying about the Putzys, you'd know it isnt just Jets fans.

There are plenty of fins fans i talk to on the Hurricanes board who actually hate the Jets more than the pats, but they have still come to despise the Pats. Here's a sample:

Posted January 22, 2007

Screw the Patriots.

They are the most classless organization in sports. Bellichek, while an evil genius, is a disgrace to the game. Pushing reporters, refusing to shake peoples hands after losses, cheating on his wife, dressing like he popped in from the woods. Brady crying and leaving the field after the loss. The way they show no respect to any of their players. The fact that they have the least knowledgeable fanbase in football, the majority of which double as elitist northern liberal snobs. Having that retard Bill Simmons a.k.a. the poor mans David Spade pimp them and trash Manning.

Guess what Pats fans: PEYTON MANNING OWNS YOU, HE OWNS TOM BRADY, HE OWNS BILL BELLICHEK. 3 straight. Go cry and wait for baseball season so you can cry some more.

Oh yea, and Jason Taylor just sacked Tom Brady again. 21-0.

:rl:

This is just something for Haternation to hang their bitter hats on, as far as I am concerned. Doesn't make you all bad people. Just makes you Jets fans.

So what does that make you for hanging out here so much? I mean besides uncool.

At first, I was unsure as to how and why you could be so oblivious to the obvious differences b/w losing a playoff game in Denver, a very solid team a year ago, as opposed to Sundays display of dropped touchdowns, missed tackles, sensless penalties, and countless other deficiences that indicate a talent depleted team. Not to mention doing so in the process of blowing the biggest lead in championship game history!

Then I looked at your location....

What is it that they say in AA again? Something about acceptance is the first step or something?

Some of you have really missed the boat on this. I am gleeful that the pats lost and when I say they are classless, i am calling it as I see it. You just cant handle the truth.

I know you dont know what you dont know. Maybe if you knew what fans of OTHER teams were saying about the Putzys, you'd know it isnt just Jets fans.

There are plenty of fins fans i talk to on the Hurricanes board who actually hate the Jets more than the pats, but they have still come to despise the Pats. Here's a sample:

Posted January 22, 2007

Screw the Patriots.

They are the most classless organization in sports. Bellichek, while an evil genius, is a disgrace to the game. Pushing reporters, refusing to shake peoples hands after losses, cheating on his wife, dressing like he popped in from the woods. Brady crying and leaving the field after the loss. The way they show no respect to any of their players. The fact that they have the least knowledgeable fanbase in football, the majority of which double as elitist northern liberal snobs. Having that retard Bill Simmons a.k.a. the poor mans David Spade pimp them and trash Manning.

Guess what Pats fans: PEYTON MANNING OWNS YOU, HE OWNS TOM BRADY, HE OWNS BILL BELLICHEK. 3 straight. Go cry and wait for baseball season so you can cry some more.

Oh yea, and Jason Taylor just sacked Tom Brady again. 21-0.

:rl:

JC -

Oh My! A division rival hating the Pats! You don't say! :rolleyes:

You ARE a lawyer! People actually fall for this crap? :P

Max -

I like it here. Generally speaking, the people are funny as heck and quite frankly, heated discourse/debate is more to my liking than patting each other on the back (cyberly speaking) and missing varied points of view (like Patsfans.com). But mostly, because I like most of the people here.....even when I'd like to see some of you choke on your lunch today;)

JC -

Oh My! A division rival hating the Pats! You don't say! :rolleyes:

You ARE a lawyer! People actually fall for this crap? :P

Max -

I like it here. Generally speaking, the people are funny as heck and quite frankly, heated discourse/debate is more to my liking than patting each other on the back (cyberly speaking) and missing varied points of view (like Patsfans.com). But mostly, because I like most of the people here.....even when I'd like to see some of you choke on your lunch today;)

Sometimes Garb we just want you to tell us. You know that we seek your validation. A little bit of reassurance goes a long way.

:)

Max -

Do you mean choke like Beli choked on Sunday vs the AFC Champ Colts?

Thank you JoeW, I appreciate your kind remarks on the writing....whether i am right or wrong, only time will tell....atleast we can sleep easier knowing that Tom Brady and Chad Pennington are slated for the same t-time on super bowl sunday...FORE!

and for you Mr. Garb- A pats fan hanging out in the lions den...I dont know if I like it, but I damn well respect it!

At first, I was unsure as to how and why you could be so oblivious to the obvious differences b/w losing a playoff game in Denver, a very solid team a year ago, as opposed to Sundays display of dropped touchdowns, missed tackles, sensless penalties, and countless other deficiences that indicate a talent depleted team. Not to mention doing so in the process of blowing the biggest lead in championship game history!

Then I looked at your location....

What is it that they say in AA again? Something about acceptance is the first step or something?

She is in such serious denial it is pathetic.

Rather than address the real issue of the demise of the patsys, she tries to make it a Jet fan thing, then its a division rival thing. It's like when she tried to justify the horrible home field as an intentional thing to give them a home field advantage. Total blindness. Anything but facing the truth head on.

Pretty sad, actually. Her aura of objectivity is kaput.

Sometimes Garb we just want you to tell us. You know that we seek your validation. A little bit of reassurance goes a long way.

:)

haha well said max. what is it about that dang garb that we all feel compelled to sit up straight when she enters the room?

she's a friggin girl.she's a friggin pats fan. yet before most of us hit the send button, we do a quick garbcheck 1st. ;)

haha well said max. what is it about that dang garb that we all feel compelled to sit up straight when she enters the room?

she's a friggin girl.she's a friggin pats fan. yet before most of us hit the send button, we do a quick garbcheck 1st. ;)

I was taught to respect women- see my signature- even if they are wrong in their comments.

YOU are calling ME out on OBJECTIVITY? You've got to be kidding me! Damn, boy - go to the vending machine and buy yourself a Snickers bar.....pronto.

Nope, not kidding.

You're among the biggest homers here.

In fact, you are THE biggest Patsy homer on this site

:P

Archived