Skanska Wins Design/Build Contract for New Jets Stadium

TaborJet

Skanska Wins Design/Build Contract for New Jets Stadium

Published: 01-26-07

American units of Skanska AB have been awarded the design/build contract for the new $1.4 billion Jets/Giants NFL Football Stadium project in New Jersey. The Skanska contract is valued at $998 million and is with the New Meadowlands Football Stadium LLC.

They should use Non-Union labor for this project to allow the completion of it by the 2008 season. Why would Non-Union labor work so fast in NJ, because the workers would be so scared for their lives they'd want nothing but to finish and leave.

HELL no.

I don't want to make this a union vs non union thread. But being a union worker, I just want to get my hands on that project.

there is no way in hell it is a green and white stadium..

They will do something like what we have now IM sure just on a larger scale, whichever team is playing will have the stadium decorated in that theme... you could make it look Green and White for JETS home games...

I agree ecurb but not going to be like the jets have any advantage over the Giants..it is what it is, the jets are sharing a stadium, a home that is truly not theirs all alone.

Yeah but at least there wont be HUGE GIANTS letters right over the tacked on JETS banner anymore... its still an upgrade over what we currently have...

and as you will see next year, when we play the Giants as an "away" team our players get the perk of 9 home games...

At least this time around it wont look like we taped up JETS logos everywhere on the GIANTS stadium... it will look like our stadium when we play and theirs when they play...

I think actually the biggest advantage with the new stadium is that their complex will not be over an hour away for the team. The trek from LI to NJ has been a major inconvenience that will now go away.

Yes that will be a big help, I have heard of players moaning about that trip... calling it an "away" game at home...

Should be a nice stadium, and now that its actually shared rather than being rented by us... it might actually look more like our own on gamedays...

the first time i've ever been to Gilette was the last time the Jets played this year

it was a fantastic facility, whatever it cost

this is good news for fans of the team

Its the same guys building it too... not sure if thats what you were getting at or just pointing out that new stadiums can be a nice experience...

lets hope this facility has escalators which Gillette does not

But Gillette did have nice cup holders for your beers. That will be worth the PSL :wink:

Parking will be a nightmare next year with the constrution underway near the race track. :eek: I guess I will have to get there the same time as you 4h

ok ecurb you are either a triathlete or have not sat upstairs too long. That was a royal pain in the a$$ getting to seats in Gillette. As for you Hackett, what would you do without your morning workout? you would not be all pumped up beer pong then

Archived