Raiders to Trade Moss

jetsman1

Moss isnt going for a second rounder and Mort from ESPN just says anything. The ones who made up this false rumor were some homer ass fans in minnesota who write for the st.pettersburg times. They wanted moss for a third becuse there WRs suck. Moss will go for nothing less then a second or a good player.

I think people sorely underrate our current WR's. If we had a QB with an arm they'd be picking up yardage at than 11 yards per clip on 5-10 yard passes.

Moss is still a great talent, but if we're sticking with Chad then he's not going to be that useful to us. Check the nflpa website to be sure, but I think his salary (and therefore cap #) is like $9-11M per year. If you have a gunslinger QB, he may very well be worth that on a $110M cap when you've got $30M in cap space. But he's worth it a lot more to a team that sorely needs a starting WR who can stretch the D, which is not us if #10 is still our man.

Moss is getting to the point where he is looking down at his hand and not seeing that Super Bowl ring. That might be motivation enough.

All you have to do is look at Corey Dillon. When he went to the Pats we all chuckled at how the Pats were taking a known "cancer". Well the guy fit in well with the Pats got and got his ring.

Coles, Moss and Cotchery...who are you going to double ?

It's a risk no doubt considering Moss' past but if your lockeroom is strong enough and it can handle a guy like this.

I would probably think long and hard and in the end take a shot at this for the right price.

If we should take a chance on anyone it should be Moss ,He is not that bad ,and he is no TO .Plus he has a friend on the team "chad ". That could be good and bad who knows for sure ,but one of the Best Wr's in recent history you almost have to take a chance.Just like shawn306 said who would you double ???? he is right that could leave plenty of open space on the field for our guys to get open,just a thought .

If we should take a chance on anyone it should be Moss ,He is not that bad ,and he is no TO .Plus he has a friend on the team "chad ". That could be good and bad who knows for sure ,but one of the Best Wr's in recent history you almost have to take a chance.Just like shawn306 said who would you double ???? he is right that could leave plenty of open space on the field for our guys to get open,just a thought .

Its the same reason the US loses the Olympics in basketball. Too many good players, one ball to go around. It would be great to have a deep threat, but what we really need is a Mike Furrey/wayne cherbet type player that is a great slot reciever, fast with good hands, no fear. A guy that won't cry being on the bench.

Who do they double isn't as good a question as who do you start? You clearly cannot bench Cotchery after last year, Coles is a Legit starter, and is anyone ready to call Randy Moss a 'slot' receiver?

We have far more pressing needs, and as sperm said, #10 is our QB, not the best at tossing the deep ball.

although it would be cool if it could work...

Its the same reason the US loses the Olympics in basketball. Too many good players, one ball to go around. It would be great to have a deep threat, but what we really need is a Mike Furrey/wayne cherbet type player that is a great slot reciever, fast with good hands, no fear. A guy that won't cry being on the bench.

Who do they double isn't as good a question as who do you start? You clearly cannot bench Cotchery after last year, Coles is a Legit starter, and is anyone ready to call Randy Moss a 'slot' receiver?

We have far more pressing needs, and as sperm said, #10 is our QB, not the best at tossing the deep ball.

although it would be cool if it could work...

Yeah your right I should have stated that it would only work with Kellen as QB. lol

I'm usually the one against picking up loud mouths but I have a soft spot for Randy Moss for some reason. Did you know that when Randy was still a Viking, he was on pace to shatter a lot of Rice's records? Maybe Mangini can work some magic???

I'm usually the one against picking up loud mouths but I have a soft spot for Randy Moss for some reason. Did you know that when Randy was still a Viking, he was on pace to shatter a lot of Rice's records? Maybe Mangini can work some magic???

where ya been lag?

I have no problem with it if I read that mangini worked a deal for moss. It doesn't make sense though, ya know, moss becoming a short threat

where ya been lag?

I have no problem with it if I read that mangini worked a deal for moss. It doesn't make sense though, ya know, moss becoming a short threat

Monday - Thursday

Work 8:00 am - 3:30 pm

School 5:30 pm - 9:00 or 10:00 pm depending on day

Life sucks. Thanks for asking though.

I do get 3 day weekends though which is always a plus.

I think Schottenheimer would be able to come up with some amazing packages to work Moss into our system.

Look, this is what you do. First sit Randy down. Then tell him he will be competing for a starter spot and will be going through a rigorous off/pre-season and the payout will be he can compete for the playoffs..maybe even more. If he's at all hesitant to signing up for that then you tell him that we're not the team for him.

But maybe after what he's gone through in Oakland he now realizes that mailing it is never going to get him anywhere and he'd be willing to try something different.

I tip my hat to anyone who works & schools themselves. best of luck to ya. hope all your efforts pay off for ya oneday.

this makes me wanna watch the marshall games & see the chad- moss combo for myself.

viUJ48rCJ38

oVrI83btRPs

Randy Moss >>>> Cotch and Coles

I know him on our team will never happen, but to say he wouldn't be the #1 on our team is STUPID.

I was just trying to do that mangenius you beat me to the punch. BTW how the hell do you embed these videos??? Max told me to use the Youtube tag but I don't see that anywhere. In fact I don't even have the options bar to put in links/pics/bold/italics...etc. Does everyone else have this?

mangenius: the toss in that first video was unbelieveable. he's definitely lost some heat from his injuries.

Lets see if a full offseason gets some of it back..... wouldnt it be awesome to see that extact clip with JETS jerseys.... Pennington Moss Reunion...

The biggest issue would indeed be the starter...

Moss

Coles

Cotch

One of them will be the odd man out, and want to be gone the next season.

This is a hell of a dream, but I have that gut feeling there isnt even a chance of it happening....

mangenius: the toss in that first video was unbelieveable. he's definitely lost some heat from his injuries.

Oh Johnny it's unreal isn't it. It kind of upsets me knowing he couldn't do that again, EVER. If Penny still had an arm, boy oh boy (i love dreaming)

JetLag: To the right of a youtube video you'll see a box, it says

TAGS

URL

EMBED

The url will have something like this..

You just copy and paste everything after the v= into the middle of these youtube tags.

you put the oVrI83btRps in here or whatever the code is for the video ou want.

Then of course another you tube tag on the right

I was just trying to do that mangenius you beat me to the punch. BTW how the hell do you embed these videos??? Max told me to use the Youtube tag but I don't see that anywhere. In fact I don't even have the options bar to put in links/pics/bold/italics...etc. Does everyone else have this?

send me $50 to cover the Youtube tagging rights and I'll hook you up!

Hmmm.... Then the mods must hate you.

For all of Randy Moss' fading talent, do you want anyone who quits? Yeah, Al Davis, the whole team apathetic and ADMITTING they don't show up to play, but c'mon. Sometimes the old days are nice and all, but I give Randy a full moon of my own buttcrack here.

Chad was drafted for a reason, some of which you saw above. According to Sir Chadwick, he had 'clicking' in the shoulder before the first tear. Now age is working against the physicality of youth, but I hope he comes back physically stronger than ever. It's even more horrifying to look at NOW that he was medically cleared in '05. Medically cleared to play Badminton, sure. If he didn't want to play so badly, he may have dug up a lawyer to find grounds to sue the Jets in the aftermath, even though he consented. I was almost waiting for that bomb to drop. It really isn't as outlandish as it sounds.

Archived