Raiders to Trade Moss

jetsman1

You think moss would be able to live with being the #3 receiver?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

POTW NOM for stupidity.

Are you kidding me? Anywhere Randy Moss goes he would automatically become that teams #1 Wide Receiver unless of course Indianapolis decided to make their offense the scariest in the history of the NFL.

If you're trying to say if by some miracle Mangini decided he would put up with Moss' crap that he'd be behind Laveranues Coles and Jerricho freakin' Cotchery then you're mistaken.

POTW NOM for stupidity.

Are you kidding me? Anywhere Randy Moss goes he would automatically become that teams #1 Wide Receiver unless of course Indianapolis decided to make their offense the scariest in the history of the NFL.

If you're trying to say if by some miracle Mangini decided he would put up with Moss' crap that he'd be behind Laveranues Coles and Jerricho freakin' Cotchery then you're mistaken.

Coles already isn't that fond of Mangini (so it seems), I would think he would get the axe before Cotch, based on youth.

Which gets away from the first point. Mangini would never sign this pot head.

Oh well, I haver been in a minority of one before. Put me down as one who would take a flyer on Moss. Maybe the Marshall thing. Maybe the three strikes and you're out thing or maybe just that the upside outweighs the downside by a country mile. Assuming no new signing bonus money, if he screws up we move on without taking a huge cap hit.

I do not consider him a cancer in the same way that TO is a cancer.

Oh well, I haver been in a minority of one before. Put me down as one who would take a flyer on Moss. Maybe the Marshall thing. Maybe the three strikes and you're out thing or maybe just that the upside outweighs the downside by a country mile. Assuming no new signing bonus money, if he screws up we move on without taking a huge cap hit.

I don't agree, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt, as usual, because of your avatar.

POTW NOM for stupidity.

First of all I was joking around we would never pick up this scrub. second of all Randy Moss isn't the #1 receiver on the worst offensive team in the league. There is no way he would be the #1 on our team. coles has too much of an ego and cotch works 5000 times harder than Moss. You think Mangini would have a problem benching this underachieving child? That is stupid.

First of all I was joking around we would never pick up this scrub. second of all Randy Moss isn't the #1 receiver on the worst offensive team in the league. There is no way he would be the #1 on our team. coles has too much of an ego and cotch works 5000 times harder than Moss. You think Mangini would have a problem benching this underachieving child? That is stupid.

Yes he was. Started all 13 games he played in as #1.

hmm...I'm thinking Troy Brown and a 3rd. :)

and a FedEx box of money... shh nobody knows about that ;)

I think if the Pats make a run at him, the Jets will too and they will win since he is buddies with Chad....

Lets hope niether of our teams do, and if the Jets do I hope he does great, if the Pats do I hope he smokes pot and gets kicked out of the NFL like Ricky.

If he went to the Pats, I would cry.

I'm not considering it out of the realm of possibility. The offense definately needs a shot in the arm and Brady throwing passes to the likes of Randy Moss would definately help. I wouldn't want to ship Brown out and no way would they take him anyway so maybe Gaffney. I want them to keep Caldwell to play opposite of Moss.

Randy Moss would be an instant upgrade to our offense. Imagine 4 wide Coles-Cotchery-Smith-Moss NO secondary can cover that.His ATTITUDE has NOTHING to do with what he does on the field. Id give up McCareins and a 3rd rounder in a heartbeat.I like McCareins but he never flourished with the Jets.

3rd rounder and JMac for Moss is like stealing. I would take a flyer on him in a second. He hasn't been a cancer like TO. TO gripes even on a winning team, only cares about himself. Moss seems to care about winning, and dogs it when the team sucks. If Chad vouches for him I think Mangini could handle it. He instantly upgrades the offense, although Chad's arm nullifies Moss's ability to stretch the field. Anyway, a 3rd and JMac who isn't going to be here next year no matter what is worth it. I know the raiders can get more for him though so it won't happen.

I agree.

Think Moss would even be effective on this team?? Maybe Im wrong but I always thought Moss was more of a deep threat santa moss esque playmaker....I never pictured moss being tough and going across the middle, doing the quick slants and timing routs we run....

I know about the Marshall connection but that was two shoulder surgeries ago. I would take him actually for J-mac and a third (even though I know it will never happen) but I dont think you will ever see the Randy Moss from Minnesota again...especially not w/ Pennington throwing it to him.

What are the cap implications? I don't have a problem with taking a flyer on a troublemaker. As long as it won't kill us financially. McCareins and a 3rd or lower doesn't sound bad. Hell we gave a #4 for Barlow. We could always cut him later and it would just be like a bad pick because we don't have to deal with signing bonus issues. Doubt he'd like the tough camp much, but Chad could at least float those outs high and have him jump ball 'em. I question whether Chad actually likes/has a relationship with him (like he does with Coles) or just said some nice things because they both went to the same school and there aren't that many Thundering Herd in the NFL.

What are the cap implications? I don't have a problem with taking a flyer on a troublemaker. As long as it won't kill us financially. McCareins and a 3rd or lower doesn't sound bad. Hell we gave a #4 for Barlow. We could always cut him later and it would just be like a bad pick because we don't have to deal with signing bonus issues. Doubt he'd like the tough camp much, but Chad could at least float those outs high and have him jump ball 'em. I question whether Chad actually likes/has a relationship with him (like he does with Coles) or just said some nice things because they both went to the same school and there aren't that many Thundering Herd in the NFL.

"Pennington was the last player to walk into the night, carrying his young son in one arm, the bag with the game ball in the other, when he was stopped by a tall man wearing a lavish mink coat. It was Randy Moss, injured Raider and Pennington's college teammate at Marshall. Moss missed the team bus so he could embrace Pennington, and tell him he was so proud. Jets fans, already deep into their own parties, surely offered toasts all around."

http://jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=397242&postcount=3

Archived