if the giants released 3 starters

jets rooter

whats next for the jets.will they release some starters?the first thing that comes to my mind is kendall and moore and of course clemens at right tackle.the jets have two future stars in dabrick and mangold.so I would presume that the jets will draft an offensive lineman early and sign a free agent guard or tackle to replace them.lets hear some input.because anything is possible when you see what the giants did.

whats next for the jets.will they release some starters?the first thing that comes to my mind is kendall and moore and of course clemens at right tackle.the jets have two future stars in dabrick and mangold.so I would presume that the jets will draft an offensive lineman early and sign a free agent guard or tackle to replace them.lets hear some input.because anything is possible when you see what the giants did.

I can't see what the Giants did has anything to do with what the jets will do.

The 3 the Giants cut were injured players. They did not contribute too much the past

season.

However you want to cut 3 of the 5 starting OL. I hope you have some players in

mind who will starti immeidiately.

I can't see what the Giants did has anything to do with what the jets will do.

The 3 the Giants cut were injured players. They did not contribute too much the past

season.

However you want to cut 3 of the 5 starting OL. I hope you have some players in

mind who will starti immeidiately.

I am sure that there are a few free agent offensive linemen that will be avaiable for the jets to sign.that will be a big improvement over kendall,moore and clemens.just think if the jets had had a decent running game.they might have gone further in the playoffs.

I am sure that there are a few free agent offensive linemen that will be avaiable for the jets to sign.that will be a big improvement over kendall,moore and clemens.just think if the jets had had a decent running game.they might have gone further in the playoffs.

Barring a major injury, Pete Kendall isn't going anywhere. He's the veteran presence , anchor on that line.

I think you guys underestimate the benefit of having the line together for a full year. The lack of injuries along the OL and at QB (along with the weak schedule) are a huge reason for making the playoffs. There is no sane front office that dumps 3/5 of the line from a 10-6 team. We can look to upgrade at all three spots, (they'd better to get some running game going) but it's a lot easier to tinker than to make another wholesale change to the line.

I think you guys underestimate the benefit of having the line together for a full year. The lack of injuries along the OL and at QB (along with the weak schedule) are a huge reason for making the playoffs. There is no sane front office that dumps 3/5 of the line from a 10-6 team. We can look to upgrade at all three spots, (they'd better to get some running game going) but it's a lot easier to tinker than to make another wholesale change to the line.

When the OL can't open enough holes to to allow a RB quartet (no one RB getting worn down) more than 3.5ypc (#30 rank in the NFL) vs a cupcake schedule, then it's an OL not worth preserving.

Brick = needs to put on some serious weight this off-season. I think he'll show the most improvement from last year to this year. Clearly he's a staple on this line for a long time.

Mangold = was an absolute stud for a rookie center. Will only get better. Jets fans are getting mighty spoiled at the center position to have someone like this after years of Kevin Mawae before him.

Kendall = is way too tall (6'5) to play at under 290 lbs & get good leverage, even with his top-notch, veteran technique. Even more so playing in between two players barely 300 lbs themselves. He'd be ok for another year, but we should be planning for his replacement in 2008. Maybe use our late 2nd rounder or our 3rd rounder on a guard who doesn't need to start as a rookie & can learn behind him & get some garbage playing-time in.

Moore = would be an outstanding backup (young & durable with 3 yrs starting experience) who can step in & start some games in a pinch. He's starting for us only because we are so thin at OG. Just signed a long extension before the '06 season at roughly $1M per with a small SB. Will never be dominant in any aspect of his game but would provide the kind of depth that championship teams need in case of an injury.

Clement = a bust in Arizona & was certainly nothing special here & probably never will be. The only things in his favor are playing 1 year in this system & his size on paper. Like Moore is not dominant in any aspect of his game. At his size he's built like more of a LT than a RT. Isn't a great pass-blocker & is too tall to be only 320 lbs as a RT.

So the 3/5 of the line that you want to preserve was hardly the reason (or a reason) we went 10-6. We won 10 games because of our schedule. I give the team full credit because there are no "sure wins" in the NFL unless you're the 14-2 Chargers playing the Kerry Collins-led Titans.

Personally I'd like to see two veterans (or a veteran & a top-notch rookie like Levi Jones or Justin Blalock) plus draft a guard to take over for Kendall in 2008. Agree that 3/5 of the line in 1 season may be much.

If you look at the teams that win and get to the playoffs - keeping o/line whole and intact the entire year is one of the ingredients- I would not look to blow up three parts of the line without having some plan to deal with that.

Personally I'd like to see two veterans (or a veteran & a top-notch rookie like Levi Jones or Justin Blalock) plus draft a guard to take over for Kendall in 2008. Agree that 3/5 of the line in 1 season may be much.

Typical Sperm. 7 paragraphs explaining how I'm wrong and then you agree with me. I'd say you look to upgrade at EVERY position. I certainly think the line can use some improvement. The running game was pitiful. Our backs suck for the most part, but the line gets plenty of credit too. Still, the line being together contributed to the team winning. You simply don't cut all the incumbents, especially since they are fairly cheap. You bring in guys to compete with them and hopefully beat them out. One stud sure, especially since Clement isn't under contract. Maybe two, but wholesale changes off 10-6 is not a recipe success IMO.

Typical Sperm. 7 paragraphs explaining how I'm wrong and then you agree with me. I'd say you look to upgrade at EVERY position. I certainly think the line can use some improvement. The running game was pitiful. Our backs suck for the most part, but the line gets plenty of credit too. Still, the line being together contributed to the team winning. You simply don't cut all the incumbents, especially since they are fairly cheap. You bring in guys to compete with them and hopefully beat them out. One stud sure, especially since Clement isn't under contract. Maybe two, but wholesale changes off 10-6 is not a recipe success IMO.

Jerk.

If there is a way to sign a GOOD RT we would see a lot more production out of Moore in 07. As it stand right now, when the Jets look at an opponent they have to constantly worry about how to contain a good D-line (pats). if we were actually GOOD at LT, and RT they would have to gameplan against us. Moore will be fine if he didn't have a human terd to his right. Moore will never be an all-pro, but he can be more than servicable.

If we have only one change on the O-line going into next year, and it is infact an upgrade, our running game will be fine.

DON'T FORGET ABOUT THIS GUY.

Adrien Clarke

By BOB KENT

PhiladelphiaEagles.com profiles the 2005 Eagles, player by player, as we prepare for the 2006 season. Current Profile: OG Adrien Clarke.

The Eagles have invested heavily in the offensive line in the last couple of drafts, and the payoff is reflected in guys like Adrien Clarke, a seventh-round pick in 2004 who chipped in valuable reps in 2005, including four starts at left guard.

The 6-foot-5, 330-pound Clarke opened the season as one of the top reserves, one play away from seeing action.

He played most of the second half in Kansas City (Oct. 2) when starter Artis Hicks suffered a sprained ankle, and then he played nearly three full quarters against the Giants (Nov. 20) when Hicks hurt his knee.

Both times, Clarke played well and the offense moved the ball and put points on the board.

Midway through the season, Clarke was one of three new faces along the offensive line (C Jamaal Jackson and LT Todd Herremans were the others).

Clarke made his first career NFL start in place of an injured Hicks against Green Bay on Nov. 27. It was a game in which the Eagles ran for 180 yards, much of it behind the left side of the line featuring Herremans and Clarke.

After Hicks returned, Clarke remained at-the-ready. Unfortunately, he was called upon in St. Louis when Herremans suffered a season-ending leg injury. Following that, Clarke was named the starting left guard for the final two games as Hicks slid over in place of Herremans.

The inexperience up front showed at times over the final three weeks, as Eagles quarterbacks were sacked 12 times.

Still, Clarke made huge strides in what was really his first season. He missed all of last season after tearing a hamstring early in the preseason. He spent a year getting stronger and smarter and learning the ropes. It paid off.

He emerged from among the 12 offensive linemen the team took to training camp. He beat out, among others, Steve Sciullo, a former fourth-round pick of the Colts.

Clarke earned the confidence of the coaching staff and it can only lead to better things in the future.

SPADARO ANALYSIS

"I think he has a chance to be a pretty darn good player in the NFL. Clarke isn't all the way there yet, but he came a long, long way in 2005. After missing his entire rookie season with an injury, Clarke was good enough to push for playing time and, in fact, start during '05. He played well. The offense was productive. There were some holes in his game -- particularly some difficulty picking up the blitz in the Arizona game -- but what was so encouraging was the way he learned from his mistakes. One week after Arizona, Clarke and the rest of the offensive line played a physically dominating game, punishing Washington at the line of scrimmage. "I like the makeup of the kid and I like his aggressiveness. I'd like to see Clarke become a bit more sculpted physically -- I simply think he carried too much weight in 2005 -- and that needs to be an off-season priority. But there is a nice upside here, and I very much anticipate Clarke making a run at the starting left guard job next season."

I still like southernjets theory of bringing in a roadgrader left guard to ensure we get a hole open when its time to run left. lt makes his living running left for the chargers.

put a few lbs on dabricks frame & bust open the left side of scrimmage

I don't care where we run as long as its past the line of scrimmage. :shake:

Archived