The "You people nominate everything" Edition of Post of the Week, February 21, 2007

GreenBeans

I need to put three things out there from the get go:

1. As the title says, jeeze-louise you people nominated everything this week. My goodness did I ever earn my imaginary paycheck this week.

Originally Posted by Gainzo

POTW NOM means Post of the Week Nomination.

A great poster here, GreenBeans, tabulates the "POTW Nom's" and posts a thread each Wednesday.

Thanks G, I appreciate the sentiment. I'm hoping that the job slows down some so I can actually post here more often again. Working for a living sucks. Anyhow, you 'da man, Gainzo!

Originally Posted by GreenMachine

Funny i did not get mentioned for sig or avatar....Bitter party of one...

I guess GB's POTW tag will be revoked...

You know what, you're right GM - I should have been a little more considerate.

Anyway, there are a lot of great posts this week - check'em out, there is some funny stuff here this week:

Topic - Happy Effing Valentine's Day

Originally Posted by Garb

Why do some men think Valentines Day is about expensive gifts? It's simple, dumba@@es. A woman, who is worthy of your love, like, whatever, just wishes for something that says to her "I think you are special." That something "special" can be anything. Does she like sappy love stories? Go rent The Notebook. Make HER dinner. Take her skating and kiss her under the stars. Whatever it is that SHE would appreciate. And, if she's worth her salt, she'll do the same for you.

Yo V - don't be raining on the flower parade. I like 'em. I don't care that they only last three days. Those three days make me smile. They brighten the kitchen. They smell good. Not saying that I need 'em, but I do like 'em.

(Editor's note: My, my, my, my, my - Garb is just fantastic. Sexy as all AND so together, too. It's a lucky man who gets to send this young lady some flowers...)

-----

Originally Posted by Big Al NYC

Tell them you're Nick Mangold's little sister. That's more believable.

l_481a321b91fcf6bafeffaa90ba38a89b.jpg

holly_mangold.jpg

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

(Editor's note: If "'lil Sis" thins her beard out a little, then maybe. Oh, wait, that's 124!)

-----

Topic - What about a Jetnation adopt-a-thon 2007

Originally Posted by shutout

I'm not gonna speak for anyone else,but I'm not personally interested in ripping off an idea from a site that ripped that idea off from another jet site which got that idea from a pats site.

(Editor's note: shutout is 100% correct - now where did that "The JN Movie" thread go??? Ugg.)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetme23

Just saw it on espn ticker... Marshawn Lynch is in Intensive care for undisclosed medical reasons.!!!

2007 Willis Mcgahee?

Originally Posted by Thor99

Wee Todd It.

Say it fast.

(Editor's note: Not nice, Thor. Not nice. May be true, but not nice. Think about Todd here, ok?)

-----

Originally Posted by G.O.B.

People in Philly woundn't be happy if they woke up every mornng and got sucked off by Angelina Jolie.

(Editor's note: Someone has to be unhappy and I think it's great that the great people of Philidelphia, PA are volunteering to be those people. Now how do I sign up to meet Ms. Jolie? Hummna hummna hummna...)

-----

Originally Posted by jetsrule128

winner of big brother 7 mike boogie doing another chat tonight

also james of the soverign 6 plus 2 is hosting a chat with danielle tonight

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

how did the aptly titled "losers desperately clinging to their fading 15 minutes of lame" chat go?

(Editor's note: I thought lawyers needed at least two paragraphs to cut someone down to size like this? Are you slipping, johnny?)

-----

Topic - The Official 128\Big Brother Thread

Hmmmmm

hijack.gif

(Editor's note: I'm not sure hijacking this thread is a good idea. Can we just trade it for a thread to be named later - or maybe cash considerations?)

-----

Originally Posted by The Green Dude

you guys actually gave this kid a thread to himself?!

(Editor's note: Yes - it's the JN version of the containment policy. Max feared the domino theory would take hold of JN with 128's posting and threads.)

-----

winner of big brother 7 mike boogie doing another chat tonight

also james of the soverign 6 plus 2 is hosting a chat with danielle tonight

(Editor's note: There's a Beck somg that comes to mind right about now: "Soy un perdedor, I'm a ......")

-----

Originally Posted by 80

There's an "official" thread for everything. Why don't we start an "official" max's official threads are gay thread.

Originally Posted by Max

That reminds me. I have to start the, "Official Should 80 Have Remained Banned Thread"

(Editor's note: Hehehehe - I think he gotcha, 80. Seahawks making the NCAA's this year?)

-----

Originally Posted by Garb

It's snowing up here in greater Boston. I've shoveled once. I'll go at it again later this eve.

Anyway, there's a couple next door. He's at work. She is not. She's been out there three times already. Making sure the walkway and driveway are clean for when her hubby gets home. Now THAT is a gift! Nice lady!

Originally Posted by Alk

I doubt it's for the husband, she's probably just making sure the mailman doesn't track snow into the house.

(Editor's note: Why the mail man? It could be the milk man or the FedEx guy, too. Although the sexy bluegrey sweaters of the USPS are pretty dag'on alluring...)

-----

Topic - NEW coach to join jets (former Patriots coach)~~~

Originally Posted by joewilly

mangini did this for the sole purpose of avoiding the possibility of any future hoodie hugs.

(Editor's note: Yeah, and can you blame him for that? I hear those hoodies smell like New Jersey. Well, maybe not New Jersey exactly. Perhaps one particular woman from New Jersey, but you get my drift...)

-----

Runner-up of the Week Sponsored by ColtsFanTX

Topic - The worst thing you've ever eaten

Originally Posted by joewilly

I don't normally speak for others but in gob's case i'm gonna say wedding cake

(Editor's note: This is beyond funny - this is pure genius!)

-----

Topic - Couglin's "demands" were too much for Barber

Originally Posted by Max

Alex I will take famous football quotes for $500 please.

"My dream has always been to be on the 'Today Show,' " Barber said.

What are words that will never be spoken by a champion.

Correct.

(Editor's note: Tiki Barber is such a fraud. If he had any guts at all he would have told Coughlin this to his face and then walked in the pre-season.)

-----

Topic - Post of the Week

Originally Posted by CrazyCarl40

Every week I ctrl+f my name, and if it isn't found in the thread, I don't read it. That's just how I roll.

(Editor's note: How's it goin', Carl? Enjoying the thread so far?)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

anyone listen to this today? What a wuss. After all the smack he talked -- hahaha.

You just know he will be 60 and will have a toddler. He is becoming what he always made fun of. Funny stuff.

I am a big fan of his, I just think it is funny. The AP announcement was hysterical.

Originally Posted by Bugg

I invented marriage, Robin. Women and children too. Tell'em Fred!

(Editor's note: Baba Booey - Baba Booey. Thank goodness for Sirius!)

-----

Originally Posted by Somebody

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

Did someone say something?

(Editor's note: # - a comment in Perl. Saying something without doing anything. PS- Someone said nothing, and Somebody said ".")

-----

Topic - Who's the father?

Originally Posted by T-Mac

I think we got about 5 dudes saying they knocked up Anna Nicole. Howard K has to be the heavy favorite, but at the right price I'd go with Mr. Freeze.

Originally Posted by JetsMan57

This will end all doubt

r...addam_baby.jpg

(Editor's note: I hear he was really "hung"....)

-----

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought JFBM was going to post pics of Max in this:

Originally Posted by Panzer Division Marduk

She titled the thread "want to laugh", not "want to sandpaper your eyeballs til you can't see the horror anymore"

(Editor's note: PDM is really Tim Burton - I know he is.)

-----

has draftdaddy won a reality show?

Originally Posted by shutout

No,but word on the street is Bit works at --- err,does "appearances" at kinkos

(Editor's note: Sgt. Barnes says "Ya smoke this [stuff] so to escape from reality? Me, I don't need this [stuff]. I am reality. There's the way it ought to be, and there's the way it is.")

-----

Topic - Draft Daddy Chat Tonight

Originally Posted by ecurb2369

Crap I fell asleep!

Can I get the transcript? Did he do it from Kinkos?? Was it as good as Mike Boogies chats beuase he rules dude!

(Editor's note: Oh, no - 128 has gotten ecurb now, too! Eek!)

-----

Originally Posted by NJ

Welcome Gringo! We have a kick tail Cinco de Mayo party here - the webmaster might ask you to play a game called hide the Chalupa - it's up to you, I wouldn't do it though.

(Editor's note: Chalupa? Chalupa? He calls that half a frito a Chalupa? Laughable.)

-----

Originally Posted by vanDoug

Whoa.

Made 6.5 mil last year, Cubbies offering 11 this year.

Nice little raise, no?

Not enough, Z wants 15.5

Greedy.

Originally Posted by mbn007

Not enough of an offer. He has a family to feed.

(Editor's note: At least he does not choke coaches at practice.)

-----

Originally Posted by Verde

Ab exercises are useless w/o burning the overlaying fat. Concentrate on cardio and stretching initially, girlfriend.

Originally Posted by greengal

i am ...but i do have a rest day a week and i would like to be able to do something...

and it will take me years to burn all the overlying fat unless i stick an apple in my mouth and go the whole rotisserie route.....

(Editor's note: There is not one thing I can say about this post that will be more interesting than gg's post. Not one. The gg, me thinks, is way too hard on herself, though. ;))

-----

Topic - the official brenjet got engaged thread

Originally Posted by JetFanByMarriage

Or marry someone beneath you and know that noone else wants him!

(Editor's note: Ahhhh - beautiful AND she practices what she preaches.:))

-----

Topic - Don't you wish your girlfriend

Originally Posted by Max

was hot like me? don't ya wish you girl was a freak like me?

Absolu-freakin'-lutely. I like a bigger girl.

(Editor's note: Max prefers you refer to him as being "big boned" please - and he's not referring to his weight.)

-----

Originally Posted by oktaren

i think you have it backwards, 90% shoudl never be allwed to procreate.

Originally Posted by L.I.MikeBleedsGreen

And out of that 90% your Mom falls .....Where Exactly??

(Editor's note: 33 1/3 - just like the record albums we used to play back in the day.)

-----

Originally Posted by chadharmamoon

what does POTW NOM mean. i have no idea. i keep reading it but dont have a clue on what it really means

i dont know did u?

(Editor's note: Read on....)

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

Hey JW, it's a reference to some Happy Days episode where the Fonz jumped the shark. Glad I could help before anyone else got to it.

Talk about a thread with a self-fufilling prophecy.

(Editor's note: Soooooo, are you saying that Alk has jumped the shark, or the thread has jumped the shark, or that you are opposed to shark jumping? Please state your stance, Carl.)

-----

Originally Posted by johnny green balls

when the old man was at duke med they tried to feed him some boiled chicken and he wanted nothing to do with it-- asked him if he wanted us to get something else he said there was no way he could eat a thing. told my mom we were going to bullocks and would be back-- suddenly, old man finds his appetite. gotdam that stuff is a panacea.

(Editor's note: I always knew that dad of yours liked "a little pork".)

-----

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Maybe the unisex bathrooms would be more interesting to Garb.

Originally Posted by afosomf

Maybe Garb will Pee Standing up!!!!!

(Editor's note: Garb only does that for special occasions. You will never see it - ever.)

-----

Originally Posted by SouthernJet

a plea for insomnia help has denigrated into a jerk-off thread.

JetNation at its finest.

(Editor's note: Truer words have never been spoken. JetNation - odd, but ours...)

-----

Topic - Tom Brady testifies in Charlie Weis trial-

Originally Posted by Max

Guys we sent a reporter to the court. Here is what Brady was asked:

Lawyer: Can you identify Charlie Weiss in this court room today Mr. Brady?

Tom Brady: Points to Charlie.

Lawyer: Can you describe Charlie before the surgery.

Tom Brady: He was fat.

Lawyer: And how would you describe him after the surgery?

Tom Brady: He was still fat.

Lawyer: Nothing more your honor.

(Editor's note: That's vintage Maxman from the old country, folks. He was not always the stern disciplinarian you see here as a web master...)

-----

Originally Posted by Max

Chad's arm will be better. I spoke to his agent on Tuesday and he explained how good they feel about a normal offseason of rest. He feels strong and is keeping the emphasis on getting stronger. Chad was much bigger last year. That trend will continue.

The offense was not subpar because of Chad. They had no running game. Fix that and you are in good shape.

All I am saying is they have bigger problems than Chad. Fix them all and then we will talk.

Originally Posted by Sperm Edwards

Just so you know, fully half the time I read one of your posts I have this image of you training for your 10-mile run in filthy, flood-cutoff, grey sweats doing your Rocky fists-in-the-air or fists-on-the-waist thing while jogging in place. The other half of the time you're on a treadmill & JFBM is in front of it with a Ring-Ding on the end of a fishing rod. I'm just sayin'.

(Editor's note: Sperm really didn't need to go here, but since he has - anyone have Ring-Ding?)

-----

Just so you know, fully half the time I read one of your posts I have this image of you training for your 10-mile run in filthy, flood-cutoff, grey sweats doing your Rocky fists-in-the-air or fists-on-the-waist thing while jogging in place. The other half of the time you're on a treadmill & JFBM is in front of it with a Ring-Ding on the end of a fishing rod. I'm just sayin'.

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

Did someone just read that they were the 4th most important mod in Max's Happy B-day thread for JN?

(Editor's note: AAAAahaahaahhahahhhaaaahhahaha - Sikh nailed it!)

-----

[Max] 8:58 pm: From CrazyCarl40: I have a question for the chat, which is fitting since they are Draft Daddy, experts of all things Daddies and Drafts. My question is this: Who fathered Anna Nicole Smith

[stormshadow19] 8:58 pm: Oh lord

[R44] 8:59 pm: Could be a former co-founder of JN, who used to live in upstate New York?

[Max] 8:59 pm: OH MAN R44 just won Post Of The Week!!!

[Max] 8:59 pm: Classic.

(The Nomination - "bit, your bump just reminded me to get this potw nom in the thread so Beans could find it next week." - Jetcane - THANK YOU, JC. :))

(Editor's note: R44 is, has been, and will always be the MAN. Great response - laugh out loud funny!)

-----

Originally Posted by GimmeShelter

Good debate.

Pennington is a top 15 QB despite his weak points and will likely beat out Clemens fairly easy once again this TC.

If not , that is good for the Jets as it means Clemens will have beat out a good QB and we should all support him.

Each year we hear of all the crap QB's that are better than Chad by our posters here (Carr, Eli, Harrington, Lohsman, Vick)to name a few and each year a healthy Chad has his team in the play-offs while the teams with those other QB's are questioning whether to go in another direction.

I'm all for that "SB capable winning QB" that apparently grows on trees replacing Chad but until I see him in green I'll take my shot at actually being in the post season everytime #10 is relatively healthy.

We all seem to agree that Mangini is a smart HC so I trust he will make the switch when a reason is shown to do so other than that Clemens was drafted in the 2nd rd.

(Editor's note: Great post Shelter - I routing for Chad, too, even if it ends up being fruitless.)

-----

Whoa.. that's big! Hee.

(The Nomination - "Ahh yes...yes it is. It's good to hear you say that. In fact, it's worth a potw nom so I can read it again next week. :lickt: :rl:" - Jetcane)

(Editor's note: JC mack'n on the V lady - nice. :))

-----

Topic - She's Officially A Nutjob: Britney Spears Shaves Head

At least we can rest easy knowing the drapes officially match the carpet now.

(Editor's note: That's hysterical Guns - even if it was a repeat as pointed out by The Bob. One question, though - if there is no pile is it really a carpet?)

-----

Topic - Would you prefer tanking next season in order to give Kellen experience as a starter?

Originally Posted by The Troll

Wow, 7-9 or 8-8? That would be horrible.

I'd rather stick with Chad's 9-7 and first round exit every year instead. That way, five years from now when Chad retires and we have to scramble to find a QB, we can look back with fond memories at 2007, the year we won 9 games instead of 8.

(Editor's note: And here is the opposite view from Shelter's above - also compelling. I guess we'll find out in August, huh?)

-----

Topic - Brady knocks up Moynihan

Originally Posted by Can't Hackett

The only protection Brady thought he needed was his offensive

line and his credit card.

(Editor's note: Who wants to bet that the father will turn out to really be Matt Light? Anyone? Anyone?)

-----

Originally Posted by Jetcane

Are Marv Levy and me the only people who werent aware of the Willis McG Penthouse interview?

I try to stay up with Canes stuff as y'all know, but I totally missed this one.

I'm not surprized. A man who owns cats usually doesn't read Penthouse!

Sorry, Canes.. couldn't resist!

(Editor's note: hehehe - looks like V ladis flirtin' back with Mack Daddy JC now. This is going to be an interesting off season, methinks.)

-----

Originally Posted by GreenBeans

Just a friendly reminder to VOTE!

http://jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30862

gb

Originally Posted by Lady Jet

POTW NOM!

oops. This was for POTY. In my best Gilda ....nevermind.

I'll go vote in the appropriate thread.

(sorry, I'll see what I can find.)

(Editor's note: Nice to see you, Lady. ;))

-----

Originally Posted by shawn306

I tend to defer to the Cubs and Red Sox fans when it comes to defining the word choking. Afterall they are the ones who wrote the book on it.

So if Thor, PFSIKH, or JBF tell you the Yankees choked then I defer to them. They have all the experience when it comes to choking.

(Editor's note: There is no debating this - Shawn is 100% correct. Cubs and Sox fans know a choke when the see it (over and over and over again)...)

-----

Originally Posted by BoomBoomMancini

I think I am at that age where I just yearn to be goot at something.

I suck at school, and that is why I am miserable.

When you're good at something, you naturally enjoy it.

I am a good swimmer, and a certified lifeguard.

Maybe the Navy would be a good option for me?

Suicide will always be an option that nobody on earth will argue who is better at.

(Editor's note: That's true - there is never a debate from the participants about who is better.)

-----

ALK from The Patsie 5 is chatting now!

(Editor's note: Psst.)

-----

Topic - Rhodes in trouble with the law...

Originally Posted by The Troll

You guys think he is STUPID for this?

He just doubled his payday. The Bengals need a change of pace back to complement Rudi Johnson.

(Editor's note: Not hardcore enough for the Bengals - he'd need to be violent with a woman or try to fight a cop before he'd fit in on that team.)

-----

Originally Posted by Alk

Owned.jpg

(Editor's note: Wow. Just wow. Alk sure did get heavy....)

-----

Dude you nailed it ,That's what we all thought would happen ,but never has .Chris baker should have been all pro, you would think, but I guess we were all hoping that would happen. The thing is IF we do grab another TE will he get any balls thrown his way?

Only if Max gets a press pass & corners him.

(Editor's note: Press passes are the way to damnation, Spermie. What's next, pancakes with Cannizzarro?)

-----

Topic - Has anybody noticed Verde's humungous..

Originally Posted by Bill Parcells

SIG?

I mean,is that thing with in the strict SIG specifications here on JN..that thing is huge..I'm having my scrolling finger cramp up on me going down each thread she posts in.

I had a signature reduction. My back was killing me.

(Editor's note: Ba dump dump - clang! That V is a card...)

-----

No problem how 'bout

PAT SWALLOW

Originally Posted by Alk

You did see that thread where GOB was talking about tasering people right? I don't think he's going to appreciate you telling everyone that he swallows.

(Editor's note: Hey Mike, if you see the blue and red lights flashing behind you, keep driving - trust me.)

-----

Yawn - typical Yanks fan, always using the past to make up for the inadequacies of their present. It's ok though, you guys have the best $250 Million baseball team ever assembled on paper. Congrats.....I guess.

Originally Posted by nyjunc

From 1996-2000 the Yankees won 4 World Series Titles, from 1901-2006 the Tigers won 4 World Series Titles.

(Editor's note: Guns - I think, just maybe, he's got you here. Just maybe.)

-----

And this week's winner:

Originally Posted by SoFlaJets

there was story on the radio this morning about a woman who is donating a kidney to her husband for Valentine's Day-my wife informed me a little while ago that I will donating an organ to her tonight-what did she mean by that?

(Editor's note: Hey SoFla, good thing she's not looking for other "donor matches", huh?)

Congratulations to SoFlaJets for the win this week. And winning this week was a real feat - there were so many great posts to choose from. So, SoFla, you finally popped your cherry after all these posts. Wear the GreenMachine made badge with pride:

potw.jpg

The Assist of the Week goes to joewilly again - he was in the mix and the middle of at least half of the POTW nominated posts this week. Thanks joey. ;)

That's all from the 'bean this week. Hope you all have a great week!

Y'all be cool -

gb

POTW is like the oscars they don't give you the award based on your 'taxi driver' posts or your 'goodfellas' posts but eventually with enough begging beans'll give you one for your 'the departed' post as more of a life time achievement thing.

Potw nom

Really isn't worthy, I just wanted to give Beans the chance to comment on it next week!!!

Thanks like usual, but GreenBeans how long does this take you to do every week? I'm just curious.

A pretty good amount of time this week, Manny. About 3 hours when it's all said and done, probably.

POTW is like the oscars they don't give you the award based on your 'taxi driver' posts or your 'goodfellas' posts but eventually with enough begging beans'll give you one for your 'the departed' post as more of a life time achievement thing.

Ahhhhh...I'm glad this one is nominated for next week. :)

HOLY $HIT I FRIGGIN WON ONE!!!!!

(Beans-did the check get there yet?)

No check and none needed - great job, SoFla! ;)

Finally SoFla, well done. I'll PM you the password to the POTW lounge.

As usual, good job Beans!!

Thanks!

Originally Posted by 80

There's an "official" thread for everything. Why don't we start an "official" max's official threads are gay thread.

Originally Posted by Max

That reminds me. I have to start the, "Official Should 80 Have Remained Banned Thread"

(Editor's note: Hehehehe - I think he gotcha, 80. Seahawks making the NCAA's this year?)

I go to Villanova.......I don't even know where Wilmington is

And Max is gay.

Originally Posted by Big Al NYC

Tell them you're Nick Mangold's little sister. That's more believable.

l_481a321b91fcf6bafeffaa90ba38a89b.jpg

holly_mangold.jpg

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

(Editor's note: If "'lil Sis" thins her beard out a little, then maybe. Oh, wait, that's 124!)

:rl: POTW nomination. Which is a litle awkward actually, since you can't win without looking like a cheatin' bastard.

POTW nom.

Edit: didn't realize it was already nominated.

Conrgats SFJ and great work GB.

Archived