If Ramsey cut I say get Garcia

SouthernJet

Problem is, if Clemens is forced to be #3 again this year it will slow him down even more...

We need a #3 QB, not a #2-#1 guy like Garcia.

If Mangini trust Clemens THIS year to get us to playoffs if Chad hurt I agree,,However, my gut tells me Mangini doesnt think that for 2007.

If Mangini trust Clemens THIS year to get us to playoffs if Chad hurt I agree,,However, my gut tells me Mangini doesnt think that for 2007.

I think your right, but get ready for the whole crew (5 people or so) who thinks Clemens should be our stater on opening day this year.... :roll:

I think Garcia might want too much $$$ though, and then if Kellen is ready to be #2 would Garcia take holding a clipboard at #3...

On the contrary, I think Chad would make a nice backup for Garcia.

Stop your nonsense

Garcia has not started all 16 games since 2002.

This is the same Garcia that could not keep a job on the 49er / Browns / Lions / and now the Eagles...

Garcia would not be our starter, he couldnt do it anywhere else, he wont do it here.

Just to add to it... here is a list of QB's that Garcia could not stay ahead of on the Depth Chart...

Kelly Holcomb

Luke McCown

Joey Harrington

and now

A.J. Feeley

Stop your nonsense

This is the same Garcia that could not keep a job on the 49er / Browns / Lions / and now the Eagles...

Garcia would not be our starter, he couldnt do it anywhere else, he wont do it here.

Just to add to it... here is a list of QB's that Garcia could not stay ahead of on the Depth Chart...

Kelly Holcomb

Luke McCown

Joey Harrington

and now

A.J. Feeley

i agree with you on chad however if you're insinuating that garcia "lost" his job to feeley because of any on-the-field considerations you're nuts. this is a poor defense of your point of view.

i agree with you on chad however if you're insinuating that garcia "lost" his job to feeley because of any on-the-field considerations you're nuts. this is a poor defense of your point of view.

Feeley did not beat him on the field, I know that.

But it proves that Garcia is merely an overpaid #2 guy, most teams can find a better starter and Garcia isnt a good fit for #2.

Feeley did not beat him on the field, I know that.

But it proves that Garcia is merely an overpaid #2 guy, most teams can find a better starter and Garcia isnt a good fit for #2.

at Garcia's age I dont see any starting gigs available,, his best bet is to find a #2 job on a team he thinks has a 1)QB on hot seat or 2) a injury prone QB.

The Jets would be a good gamble for hoim to possibly get playing time.

at Garcia's age I dont see any starting gigs available,, his best bet is to find a #2 job on a team he thinks has a 1)QB on hot seat or 2) a injury prone QB.

The Jets would be a good gamble for hoim to possibly get playing time.

All I know is when we draft players in rounds one and two,I like to see them play.That's just me.Now,if the Coaches think they made big mistake with that pick,get Garcia.Other than that Clemens is #2 in my book,If chad gets hurt(which I'm one of the guys who tends to think Chad has his best season ahead of him),but if he gets hurt then we go with Clemens.then when Clemens sux,Chad's done and draft a QB #1 then get the Garcia of the year to be 2.

make any sense?lol

j

All reports I have heard have Garcia penciled in to Denver, not exactly a starting gig there. Maybe if Cutler sh!ts the bed, but otherwise he's #2. As for Garcia to the Jets, not a terrible idea, but why spend so much dough on another QB unless we just have cap space out our a$$es by season's start. I know Garcia will be long gone by then, but we should also leave a little breathing room for emergencies. I'm torn...

I don't really want Garcia on the Jets. Honestly, if for some reason Chad is unable to complete another full season at QB I'd rather turn it over to Clemens. He's had a full year to digest the system and is supposed to be our QB of the future.

Spending good money on a back up QB just seems like a waste to me.

I don't really want Garcia on the Jets. Honestly, if for some reason Chad is unable to complete another full season at QB I'd rather turn it over to Clemens. He's had a full year to digest the system and is supposed to be our QB of the future.

Spending good money on a back up QB just seems like a waste to me.

Strange how much we agree on some things, eh?

BTW: Whatcha watchin' tonight Fiend?

All I know is when we draft players in rounds one and two, I like to see them play.That's just me. Now, if the Coaches think they made a big mistake with that pick, get Garcia. Other than that, Clemens is #2 in my book. I'm one of the guys who tends to think Chad has his best season ahead of him, but if he gets hurt, then we go with Clemens. Then, if Clemens sux and Chad's done, draft a QB #1 and get the Garcia of the year to be #2.

make any sense? lol

Yes, now that I fixed your typos.

:P

If we need to cut Ramsey there is really no reason to go after someone like Garcia, Clemens needs to be our #2 QB, we drafted the kid in the 2nd round... if he already cant beat out some older QB who cant find a starting job we might as well just cut our losses on him...

The depth chart should read...

Pennington

Clemens

Ramsey/Or late round draft pick

B.Smith

Strange how much we agree on some things, eh?

BTW: Whatcha watchin' tonight Fiend?

I've been anticipating this rematch ever since we lost to you clowns in College Station earlier this month.

After leading 97-82 in the final seconds of the game, an Aggie decided to dribble down the court and put up another three pointer at the buzzer. Final score Texas A&M 100 - Texas 82. Were the Aggies just trying to see if they could hit the century mark? Did he do it to rub it in? Whatever the reason for that final shot, the Longhorns have one thing on their minds tonight...........REDEMPTION.

Should be a heated game and I definitely smell upset.

Be here tomorrow so I can put up a "last second three pointer" of my own.

HOOK 'EM

I've been anticipating this rematch ever since we lost to you clowns in College Station earlier this month.

After leading 97-82 in the final seconds of the game, an Aggie decided to dribble down the court and put up another three pointer at the buzzer. Final score Texas A&M 100 - Texas 82. Were the Aggies just trying to see if they could hit the century mark? Did he do it to rub it in? Whatever the reason for that final shot, the Longhorns have one thing on their minds tonight...........REDEMPTION.

Should be a heated game and I definitely smell upset.

Be here tomorrow so I can put up a "last second three pointer" of my own.

HOOK 'EM

I was afraid of the retaliation that shot might bring, but aside from Durant, I don't think tu has enough offense to put A&M away. I know I am biased, but our D is sick; tops in the country, perhaps. In addition, Billy Clyde must have eaten their lunches after letting Baylor go for so many points.

I have been waiting as well! I had tickets, but I had to give them up as my prego wife denied me permission (normally she would not care, but she could pop at any minute!)...nevertheless, I have been talking sh!t all day, which will likely not bode well for my team. I just can't help it, living in Austin...

BTHOtu! WHOOP!

I think garcia would be a bad move, the guy would be too expensive and I want clemens as our #2 guy. I wouldn't want to pay starter type money for a 3rd stringer. We only need garcia if you assume chad is gonna get hurt and clemens isn't ever gonna be ready. Even if clemens isn't ready this would be good real game experience for next year. Brining in garcia is saying that experience isn't gonna be worth it in the long run.

Stop your nonsense

Kelly Holcomb

Luke McCown

Joey Harrington

and now

A.J. Feeley

It's not nonsense. Throughtout his career, Garcia has been a better QB than Pennington. However, just like Pennington, he is a system QB. He was not suited for the systems that Detroit and Cleveland ran. Plus, it's not like he was surrounded by any talent whatsoever. Unless you consider Dennis Northcutt and Scottie Vines to be "talent".

Garcia would fit in well in our system. Yes, even better than the wounded duck.

Well here's a few reasons why this will not happen:

1. We have Kellen Clemens as Chad's successor waiting in the wings and if Noodle Arm goes down (which is pretty much a given because if he goes two straight full seasons without missing a start I might as well jump off a cliff), KC's time should begin.

2. Jeff Garcia is going to be sought after teams in more of a QB need than the New York Jets. Oakland Raiders anybody? (He went to San Jose State)

3. There is no way Tangini is going to throw out a few mill a season for a back-up QB when they have the supposeded future waiting in the wings for when Noodle Arm goes down / continues to grow older and continues to lead this team to nowhere but the 2nd round of the playoffs.

It's not nonsense. Throughtout his career, Garcia has been a better QB than Pennington. However, just like Pennington, he is a system QB. He was not suited for the systems that Detroit and Cleveland ran. Plus, it's not like he was surrounded by any talent whatsoever. Unless you consider Dennis Northcutt and Scottie Vines to be "talent".

Garcia would fit in well in our system. Yes, even better than the wounded duck.

you think we make it to the super bowl with garcia as the qb?

Archived