The Jets are not drafting Justin Blalock at 25

Barton

alright the olsen pick is not going to happen and I will accept the sig and avatar bet on one condition. If a draftdaddy.com has a player rated in the top 15 falls to 25 and we take him then we'll call it even.

Deal. Here's draftdaddys top 15 from their top 32 list

http://draftdaddy.com/prospects/top100.cfm

1. WR Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech

2. OT Joe Thomas, Wisconsin

3. DT Adam Carriker, Nebraska

4. RB Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma

5. QB Brady Quinn, Notre Dame

6. DB LaRon Landry, LSU

7. QB Jamarcus Russell, LSU

8. DE Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas

9. DE Gaines Adams, Clemson

10. OT Levi Brown, Penn State

11. DT Alan Branch, Michigan

12. CB Chris Houston, Arkansas

13. DT Amobi Okoye, Louisville

14. LB Patrick Willis, Mississippi

15. WR Dwayne Bowe, LSU

Bowe and Houston are options that might be there at 25.

What?

Blalock has the talent be a potential pro-bowl OG or possibly even a pro-bowl RT in the pros.

The only guy that comes close to him is Ben Grubbs who will probably be gone by the early 2nd round at the latest.

Like I said, it's also very possible that Balock will be the best player available when we pick at #25.

I guarantee that the Jets are high on him. It was already reported at the combine that when he met with the Jets, they put him through the same test that they put Robert Meachem through. They asked him what were the names of the six staff memebrs in the room and he got 5 of the six names right. They awarded him with a jersey afterwards for his knowledge.

The guy is known as an incredibly smart player and was a team captain for the Longhorns. This guy is the mauler that we desperately need to open up holes in the running game.

Make no mistake about it, Justin Blalock is high on the Jets draft board.

ben grubbs is rated higher than blalock. and blalock is not a sure probowl player

I guarantee that the Jets are high on him. It was already reported at the combine that when he met with the Jets, they put him through the same test that they put Robert Meachem through. They asked him what were the names of the six staff memebrs in the room and he got 5 of the six names right. They awarded him with a jersey afterwards for his knowledge.

Mangini no doubt wants smart players. However, he doesn't want players that are too smart or else they figure out your motivation techniques and it could get old for the playrs real fast. BB and BP both talk about not wanting players that are too smart. 5 out of 6 might just be too smart.

Shhhhhh Barton

The real genius on this board, Sir Spermy said Blalock is the pick

Sure don't want to disagree with pure "genious"

Spending $$$$$ for 3 1st round OLinemen is pure insanity

With the way you follow me around and singularly call me out, I can only come to one conclusion:

You are in love with me.

Unfortunately, I am spoken for. In time, this wound will heal, and you shall love another someday.

blalock would be a reach at 25

Not with how the market has been lately with Guards. Even if he is only above average in the NFL, people will still covet him as they did Steinbach which would then give us trade leverage.

Can never have enough good O-linemen. I remember in 04 having a top five (debatably) O-line blocking for a slowing C-Mart, and still got him the rushing title. Jones, and Washington are better runners than Martin, and Jordan; we need to give them a good enough line to let them do their thing.

Not with how the market has been lately with Guards. Even if he is only above average in the NFL, people will still covet him as they did Steinbach which would then give us trade leverage.

Can never have enough good O-linemen. I remember in 04 having a top five (debatably) O-line blocking for a slowing C-Mart, and still got him the rushing title. Jones, and Washington are better runners than Martin, and Jordan; we need to give them a good enough line to let them do their thing.

I think the Jets are commited to having an excellent O-line, as evidenced by their drafting two in the first round last year. But Mangini is a defense guy and has to be bummed about the run defense last year and the lack of pass rush. So, given the choice, and considering the options available later in the draft at Guard, I just don't see him picking an O-lineman first unless all other options are gone. I think he would take Ross, Revis, Spencer and perhaps Harrell before he considers Blalock or Grubbs (though I think he'd take Blalock over Meacham, Bowe, Rice and the other excellent WRs that might be there at #25).

Dunno.

I think the Jets are commited to having an excellent O-line, as evidenced by their drafting two in the first round last year. But Mangini is a defense guy and has to be bummed about the run defense last year and the lack of pass rush. So, given the choice, and considering the options available later in the draft at Guard, I just don't see him picking an O-lineman first unless all other options are gone. I think he would take Ross, Revis, Spencer and perhaps Harrell before he considers Blalock or Grubbs (though I think he'd take Blalock over Meacham, Bowe, Rice and the other excellent WRs that might be there at #25).

Dunno.

This is just me here, but I get the feeling both mangini and belicheck are arrogant enough to think they don't need a ton of talent on defense to get the job done. It just seems like he wants to win, inspite of what he has. I don't watch enough college football to comment on the players you mentioned, if one of them is indeed a stud, tangini will take a defender. otherwise, get ready for blalock to be wearing green.

Justin Blalock will be a Jet.

We are taking an offensive lineman 3 years in a row, mark my words. It is a LOCK that Justin Blalock is the pick at 25.

Go ahead and disagree, but I will gladly bump this thread up the day after we draft an offensive lineman at 25.

lol

Barton this is liking betting on Red at the roulette table... sure your gonna win a lot more often... but nobody is really impressed by it....and it doesnt pay well...

It is not like picking red at a roulette table. It is more like picking "not zero" at a roulette table

Am I missing the sarcasm?

The "market" has been great for everybody. It's a player's market. No need to get all caught up on guards. Drafting a guy for trade leverage is bad business and guard is among the least valued positions. All things being equal you don't pick the OG.

Am I missing the sarcasm?

The "market" has been great for everybody. It's a player's market. No need to get all caught up on guards. Drafting a guy for trade leverage is bad business and guard is among the least valued positions. All things being equal you don't pick the OG.

I wouldn't think NYJ would draft on the hopes of trading, i'm saying they take blalock, get a great guard, and if they find they cannot afford him, his trade value would be high. And guard is not the least valued postion on the field anymore, i won't make a list or anything, but at the rate these guys are getting paid, its difficult to argue.

Going through another year with Moore and Clement "anchoring" the right side is going to be as difficult to watch as it was in 06. Something has to give in the run blocking. That being said, RE needs a fix too, but in this draft i don't see too many quality ends available at 25.

Archived