The Jets are not drafting Justin Blalock at 25

Barton

Unless they trade down and pick him or he slips to one of our 2nd rd picks, Justin Blalock will not be a Jet.

We are not taking an offensive lineman 3 picks in a row (2 straight years) in the 1st rd, mark my words. It is a LOCK that Justin Blalock is not the pick at 25.

Go ahead and disagree, but I will gladly bump this thread up the day after we draft a non-offensive lineman at 25.

Justin Blalock will be a Jet.

We are taking an offensive lineman 3 years in a row, mark my words. It is a LOCK that Justin Blalock is the pick at 25.

Go ahead and disagree, but I will gladly bump this thread up the day after we draft an offensive lineman at 25.

lol

Barton this is liking betting on Red at the roulette table... sure your gonna win a lot more often... but nobody is really impressed by it....and it doesnt pay well...

We are taking an offensive lineman 3 years in a row, mark my words. It is a LOCK that Justin Blalock is the pick at 25.

Go ahead and disagree, but I will gladly bump this thread up the day after we draft an offensive lineman at 25.

lol

Barton this is liking betting on Red at the roulette table... sure your gonna win a lot more often... but nobody is really impressed by it....and it doesnt pay well...

OWNED!!!!lol

lol

Everybody here is talking Blalock this and Blalock that...........

I doubt he's even in the top 5 of players we're looking at. We arent taking an offensive lineman at 25, esp Justin Blalock. Not a slam on him, but he's only a guard.

Forget about Justin Blalock. We Are Not Drafting an Olineman in the 1st rd 2 years in a row, 3 1st rd picks. It is not going to happen.

Everybody here is talking Blalock this and Blalock that...........

I doubt he's even in the top 5 of players we're looking at. We arent taking an offensive lineman at 25, esp Justin Blalock. Not a slam on him, but he's only a guard.

Forget about Justin Blalock. We Are Not Drafting an Olineman in the 1st rd 2 years in a row, 3 1st rd picks. It is not going to happen.

I would put my money on the Jets not drafting OL in the 1st round too. The question is would you be pissed if they did?

Personally I don't want them to and depending on who they pass on I could very well be upset if they do pick another OL in the 1st round.... BUT teams like the Eagles consistently spend high draft picks on their O-Line and it produces results.

it wouldn't be 3 years in a row it would be 3 first round picks in 2 years

I agree it's far from a sure thing but he's a possibility, you have to admit that much. As is Grubbs, Harrell, Spencer, etc.

Yea thats what I meant.

Anyways, I dont even think he's a possibility at 25, I really dont. I think it is much more likely we go with a WR at 25 than Justin Blalock. I think we go CB though.

Yea thats what I meant.

Anyways, I dont even think he's a possibility at 25, I really dont. I think it is much more likely we go with a WR at 25 than Justin Blalock. I think we go CB though.

CB or LB would be the only positions i would place next to blalock. The right side needs help, and as someone said before, the eagles draft linemen all the time, and amazingly are always competing in january.

Anyways, I dont even think he's a possibility at 25, I really dont.

If you had the chance to speak to this player you'd know he's a possibility - extremely smart, tough, strong and dependable, he's the definition of Mangini pick. There used to be a time when you didn't use first round picks on OG but with guys like Dockery and Steinbach getting blockbuster deals those days are gone. Im not saying it's definate but Grubbs and Blalock are both possibilities - in the light of what we need to beat the Pats, we need to have some running game to beat them, getting a CB or WR doesn't solve that problem.

I agree with Barton. The Jets will not take Blalock with the 25th pick. There are just too many good O-lineman that the Jets can get in the second or third rounds.

They will take the best available defensive player. They are in dire need of another CB; they were lousy against the run; they couldn't consistently rush the passer: Thus, they have plenty of needs to address on defense. Someone who can ably fill a defensive hole will fall to the Jets at #25, be it a CB like Ross (or, better but highly unlikely, Revis or Houston), an edge rusher like Spencer or Jarvis Moss, or a solid LB prospect (Podsluzky?).

They can get a fine Guard prospect in the second or third round.

I agree with Barton. The Jets will not take Blalock with the 25th pick. There are just too many good O-lineman that the Jets can get in the second or third rounds.

They will take the best available defensive player. They are in dire need of another CB; they were lousy against the run; they couldn't consistently rush the passer: Thus, they have plenty of needs to address on defense. Someone who can ably fill a defensive hole will fall to the Jets at #25, be it a CB like Ross (or, better but highly unlikely, Revis or Houston), an edge rusher like Spencer or Jarvis Moss, or a solid LB prospect (Podsluzky?).

They can get a fine Guard prospect in the second or third round.

Why do we forget about Justin Miller? He's going to be a good CB in this league.

I think there's a VERY good chance that we take Blalock at #25.

He exhibits everything Mangini loves in a player and he would fill a huge need. Not to mention that he may very well by the BAP when we pick.

We need help on the right side of the O-line. As of right now, it's the exact same as it was last season.

Blalock is a mauler in the running game and is known as an incredibly smart prospect. Why the hell should we cross off a potential elite OG off of our board just because we took two O-linemen in round 1 last year?

I think there's a VERY good chance that we take Blalock at #25.

He exhibits everything Mangini loves in a player and he would fill a huge need. Not to mention that he may very well by the BAP when we pick.

We need help on the right side of the O-line. As of right now, it's the exact same as it was last season.

Blalock is a mauler in the running game and is known as an incredibly smart prospect. Why the hell should we cross off a potential elite OG off of our board just because we took two O-linemen in round 1 last year?

Its got nothing to do with last year. There will be comparable talent available to the Jets in later rounds. Alot of posters here like him and I respect that position but I'd rather they get an exciting defensive prospect to bolster the front seven (or a top CB prospect) than draft a Guard in the first round.

Why do we forget about Justin Miller? He's going to be a good CB in this league.

That would be great. But for all of his physical gifts he hasnt shown enough to keep the likes of Hank Poteat and Drew Coleman on the bench - ie, he isnt even a starter let alone a good player.

That would be great. But for all of his physical gifts he hasnt shown enough to keep the likes of Hank Poteat and Drew Coleman on the bench - ie, he isnt even a starter let alone a good player.

If mangini can make Troy Brown a starting Nickle corner, he can make Justin Miller a starting CB. Call it blind faith, but I still think Miller will turn his defensive career around.

Wasn't Blalock the guy that got completely dominated by Carriker in the Senior Bowl? I think it was but I'm not sure.

I don't think we'll draft OL in the 1st either. In several years when their contracts are about to expire and they have to be resigned we're either going to need a ton of money to sign all three or let one walk.

I don't think we'll draft OL in the 1st either. In several years when their contracts are about to expire and they have to be resigned we're either going to need a ton of money to sign all three or let one walk.

Or trade one for draft picks, never hurts having too many good players.

Who do you think that Mangini will go with Barton?

It wouldnt surprise me 1 bit if they went with Aaron Ross, the Senior CB from Texas.

Guys like Darrelle Revis would be high on the list I would guess. Not to mention Jarvis Moss (kinda shady character), Anthony Spencer, a WR like Dwayne Bowe, possibly Olsen and Posulszy.

Its not out of the question to say all the players I just listed will be off the board at 25, and we'd be in no mans land, but I do not see that happening. Somebody very nice will be there at 25 and we'll take him, not Justin Blalock. Just going with my instinct on this one, and I see no Blalock at 25.

Its got nothing to do with last year. There will be comparable talent available to the Jets in later rounds. Alot of posters here like him and I respect that position but I'd rather they get an exciting defensive prospect to bolster the front seven (or a top CB prospect) than draft a Guard in the first round.

What?

Blalock has the talent be a potential pro-bowl OG or possibly even a pro-bowl RT in the pros.

The only guy that comes close to him is Ben Grubbs who will probably be gone by the early 2nd round at the latest.

Like I said, it's also very possible that Balock will be the best player available when we pick at #25.

I guarantee that the Jets are high on him. It was already reported at the combine that when he met with the Jets, they put him through the same test that they put Robert Meachem through. They asked him what were the names of the six staff memebrs in the room and he got 5 of the six names right. They awarded him with a jersey afterwards for his knowledge.

The guy is known as an incredibly smart player and was a team captain for the Longhorns. This guy is the mauler that we desperately need to open up holes in the running game.

Make no mistake about it, Justin Blalock is high on the Jets draft board.

How could Blaylock NOT be high on the Jets board? Right OG is a huge need for the Jets, and Blaylock is a potential pro bowl talent. Couple that with the huge escalation in the value of guards and it makes sense to draft him. Now, it is a very interesting draft and we could have our choice of several players in that spot that might make a big impact. I could certainly see CB, though there are several very good ones we could get late 2nd. We could conceivably go TE even, or DE. It will be a surprise pick and a lot of fun to see develop. But no way can you eliminate out of hand taking Blaylock. There could be a run on CBs and Blaylock could be by far the best player available.

Wasn't Blalock the guy that got completely dominated by Carriker in the Senior Bowl? I think it was but I'm not sure.

Carriker dominated EVERYONE at the senior bowl.He would be my choice,but will be LONG GONE by #25.Blalock would be my next choice.He is gonna be a very good one.I would rather draft a lineman than a receiver on the first day this year.Much bigger needs on both lines.

What?

Blalock has the talent be a potential pro-bowl OG or possibly even a pro-bowl RT in the pros.

The only guy that comes close to him is Ben Grubbs who will probably be gone by the early 2nd round at the latest.

Like I said, it's also very possible that Balock will be the best player available when we pick at #25.

I guarantee that the Jets are high on him. It was already reported at the combine that when he met with the Jets, they put him through the same test that they put Robert Meachem through. They asked him what were the names of the six staff memebrs in the room and he got 5 of the six names right. They awarded him with a jersey afterwards for his knowledge.

The guy is known as an incredibly smart player and was a team captain for the Longhorns. This guy is the mauler that we desperately need to open up holes in the running game.

Make no mistake about it, Justin Blalock is high on the Jets draft board.

There are six or seven Offensive Guards that are projected as first day talent. I would rather draft an impact defensive player in the first round, if one is there and meets with Coach Mangini's character and intelligence requirements, and then draft a lesser but very good Guard prospect in the second or third round.

An elite pass rusher or a super fast and potentially excellent CB prospect (that runs a sub-4.4 40) in the first round and then an O-lineman with a second round pick works best for me.

Having said that, I agree that Blaock may be the BAP at #25. I disagree re the dropoff after Blalock. Thus our difference of opinion.

Draft Daddy ranks the Offensive Guards here:

http://www.draftdaddy.com/prospects/rankedOG.cfm#X

If you had the chance to speak to this player you'd know he's a possibility - extremely smart, tough, strong and dependable, he's the definition of Mangini pick. There used to be a time when you didn't use first round picks on OG but with guys like Dockery and Steinbach getting blockbuster deals those days are gone. Im not saying it's definate but Grubbs and Blalock are both possibilities - in the light of what we need to beat the Pats, we need to have some running game to beat them, getting a CB or WR doesn't solve that problem.

He is a "possibility" you can say, but I do not feel he is a real possibility.

JMO, and we'll probably never know for sure whether he was or not, unless we actually draft him at 25. :cool:

I will take that bet. If Blalock is there, and another highly rated player doesn't fall to us. The jets will take Blalock. What do you want to bet?

$20 bucks...... or sig and avatar for a week after the draft.

I get $20 from you if the Jets pass on Blalock at 25

You get $20 from me if the Jets draft Blalock at 25

The bet is off if the Jets acquire him after the 25th pick in either a trade down from 25, a trade up in the 2nd rd, or if he slips to one of our 2nd rd picks and they take him.

Or a sig and avatar bet. Let me know.

Archived