Redskins | Team offers No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Smizzy

Redskins | Team offers No. 6 overall pick for Briggs

Mon, 26 Mar 2007 18:10:10 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Washington Redskins have offered the No. 6 overall pick to the Chicago Bears for LB Lance Briggs and the No. 31 overall pick, according to agent Drew Rosenhaus.

Thoughts?

Yeah if this is true it's a HORRIBLE trade for the redskins. But if it falls through we should see what they will give up for Vlima...

they already got fletcher though...either way briggs is not worth a number 6. what a joke. He's a great backer, but he's a product of a great system too. It would be a tremendous move for the Bears, getting rid of a sort of selfish player, and a number 6 to help the offense (qb).

If I were Chicago, I would make this deal. Briggs would get his money in Washington and actually wouldn't be a bust signing / trade like 95% of the moves Washington has made over the past 5 seasons. At that point the Bears could move down from 6 and stockpile picks because Greg Olsen (their supposeded #1 target) would be there for them at 15-20.

Just when I thought Dan Snyder couldn't get any worse. If he pulls this off, his team will now not even be able to get a high-quality player at 31 and won't pick until the 5th round again. No brainer for the Bears. They have a chance to possibly get Quinn if they move up that far and can even stockpile more picks if they really want him.

Archived