Barton's 3 Round Mock Draft

Barton

65. Oakland Raiders – QB Trent Edwards, Stanford

The Raiders need a QB and Edwards has upside with a big arm.

66. Detroit Lions – LB Buster Davis, FSU

Forget the measurables with this guy, he’s all over the field and the Lions need a MLB.

67. Cleveland Browns – DE Ilaika Alama-Francis, Hawaii

A small school player who has the potential to be a solid 3-4 end, which is what the Browns need.

68. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – CB Jonathan Wade, Tennessee

The Bucs need help at corner and Wade has talent to work with.

69. Arizona Cardinals – TE Zach Miller, Arizona St.

The one missing piece in the Cardinals offense (aside from Oline), is the TE position.

70. Denver Broncos – S John Wendling, Wyoming

John Lynch is old and Wendling who’s a big and athletic safety, could take over in 2008.

71. Miami Dolphins – RT James Martin, Boston College

The Phins stupidly have former 1st rd pick OG Vernon Carey playing RT, but with selecting Marten, he’d allow Carey to shift back to RG where he belongs.

72. Minnesota Vikings – DE Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame

Erasmus James and Kenechi Udeze have been disappointments. Abiamiri was very good his SR and is strictly a 4-3 DE imo.

73. Houston Texans – RB Antonio Pittman, Ohio State

Pittman could come in day 1 and be a contributor in a duo with Ahman Green.

74. Buffalo Bills – OLB Quincy Black, New Mexico

With rumors of Takeo Spikes on the verge of being cut/traded, the Bills select the 6’2 240lb LB who showed off amazing athleticism at the combines, esp running a 4.42

75. Atlanta Falcons – OT Ryan Harris, Notre Dame

Harris has potential, but needs work. The Falcons are revamping their Oline.

76. San Francisco 49ers – C Samson Satele, Hawaii

The 49ers need some depth at center despite David Baas, who’s more of an OG than C.

77. Pittsburgh Steelers – C Doug Datish, Ohio State

Some people really like this guy. Jeff Hartings is old and the Steelers need some youth on the Oline.

78. Green Bay Packers – DT Quinn Pit****, Ohio State

A really good player at Ohio St. and a defensive co-captain, Pit**** isn’t as strong as you’d like, but he’s a hard working type who always gives effort.

79. Jacksonville Jaguars – OLB Rufus Alexander, Oklahoma

The Big 12 defensive player of the year, Rufus isn’t very big or fast but he can play, that’s for sure. The Jags need some depth at LB.

80. Tennessee Titans – RB Chris Henry, Arizona

An very good talent at 5’11 230lbs, he had an great combine workout. Never showed it in college, for whatever reason (some blame the HC), but the talent is there. The Titans have no proven starting backs on their roster.

81. New York Giants – RB Lorenzo Booker, FSU

The Giants have 2 bigger backs. Booker would be a really good compliment to Jacobs/Droughns.

82. St. Louis Rams – OG Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech

A big strong OG, the Rams could use a lineman at the G position with Timmerman soon to retire.

83. Carolina Panthers – OLB Tim Shaw, Penn St.

A really solid player in college who’s a very good athlete. The Panthers need LBs and Shaw is versatile.

84. Kansas City Chiefs – WR Craig Davis, LSU

The Chiefs need some depth at WR and Davis is a talented WR.

85. Seattle Seahawks – DT Marcus Thomas, Florida

A 1st rd talent, but a troubled player - Thomas was kicked off the team for failing drug test(s). The seahawks are desperate for a solution at the DT position.

86. Denver Broncos – DE/DT Ryan McBeam, Oklahoma St.

Will need to bulk up to play DT, and might be more of a fit as a 3-4 DE prospect, but the Broncos need some versatile athletes on their Dline.

87. Dallas Cowboys – K Mason Crosby, Colorado

A great kicker who has a powerful leg and amazing range. The cowboys need a kicker.

88. New Orleans Saints – MLB Brandon Siler, Florida

The 6’2 240lb LB was a very good player for the Gators and is a decent enough athlete to start in the NFL. The Saints need some solid reliables at the LB position.

89. New York Jets – OG Andy Alleman, Akron

A player whose stock is gaining steam, Alleman is a terrific athlete as evidenced by his combine workout (also put up 30 reps at his proday). Was a transfer from Pitt in 2004 where he was a DE; he’s now been a 2 year starter at RG for Akron. At 6’4 305lbs, Alleman has room to get bigger. He’s a guy who has a lot of upside and who’s known as a hard tuff football player.

90. Philadelphia Eagles – CB David Irons, Auburn

A solid CB in college, Irons would add depth to the Eagles secondary.

91. New England Patriots – LB Zak Deossie, Brown

A big linebacker at 6’5 250lbs he had a great combine workout. His dad Steve played in the NFL for the Giants, Jets and Patriots. Has plenty of upside and you just know Belichick would turn him into a solid pro.

92. Buffalo Bills – CB/S Tanard Jackson, Syracuse

Was a corner in college, and a very good one. Played a lot of safety at the senior bowl. A versatile defensive back, which is what the Bills need.

93. San Diego Chargers – CB Eric Wright, UNLV

A 1st rd talent USC transfer, Wright is a great athlete and was very smooth in combine drills. He has a lot character questions about him. Also a return man on special teams. Will probably go higher than this.

94. Chicago Bears – LB Justin Durant, Hampton

A small school player, Durant was a great division I-AA player. The 3 time MEAC defensive player of the year award winner. Showed off his athleticism at the combines.

95. Indianapolis Colts – WR Johnnie Lee Higgins, UTEP

Was a great player his SR year especially, Higgins is a very fast WR who can jump up and get the ball in the air.

I agree with SFJ, I dont know college football all that well so I cant realy discuss analysis other than the Jets. That being said I appreciate the time you put into this and found it very interesting to read your tidbits on each player. Good Job.

I think that Robinson pick would be great, I would be real happy if this worked out this way for the Jets.

IF GREG OLSON FROM MIAMI IS STILL ON THE BOARD THAT THE NY JETS 1ST PICK

Like I said in the mock - Olsen is a possible. But Revis is a safer pick, and would make a bigger impact if he panned out. I "like" Olsen, I think he's talented but he never produced enough to warrant being taken over Revis, imho.

BTW here's Cimini in todays paper

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/03/28/2007-03-28_jets_reel_in_big_fish.html

The Jets have made a concerted effort to improve the front seven via free agency, which should allow them to focus on other areas in next month's draft. Sources say they're targeting a cornerback with their first-round pick (25th overall), with Miami tight end Greg Olsen also on their radar. Pitt's Darrelle Revis and Texas' Aaron Ross are among the corners that could be available for the Jets.

For some reason, I think if Revis is not on the board, they will go with Aaron Ross. Not saying thats how I want it to be, but just a feeling I have.

Like I said in the mock - Olsen is a possible. But Revis is a safer pick, and would make a bigger impact if he panned out. I "like" Olsen, I think he's talented but he never produced enough to warrant being taken over Revis, imho.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/03/28/2007-03-28_jets_reel_in_big_fish.html

For some reason, I think if Revis is not on the board, they will go with Aaron Ross. Not saying thats how I want it to be, but just a feeling I have.

This is complete BS "sources say"...YEAH RIGHT they know who the Jets are going to take or even who they looking at...they read all the mocks too....what it comes down to is noone knows who they are going to take and all the rest is BS. Enough Mock Drafty sites keep picking the same names and copycat'ing each other soon everyone will be thinking one thing and BAM jets pick a QB with 1st pick....lol

revis wont be available. but if he is i would take him

• 5 months later...

Archived