how to beat the Pats

bitonti

week 2 loss Time Of Pos. NYJ 29:44 NE 30:16

week 10 win Time Of Pos. NYJ 30:34 NE 29:26

wild Card loss: Time Of Pos. NYJ 26:40 NE 33:20

win the TOP battle, win the game.

Thats an obvious thing... keep our ****ty D off the field last year an we win.. duh!

They cant score on our bad D if they dont have the ball! :)

Exactly. The game the Jets had the best running game was in no surpsie, the 2nd game and that was the game that we ended up winning. We on the TOP battle and with Thomas Jones in the fold, hopefully we'll be able to win the TOP battle again and find a way to split the season series again in 2007. I don't see the Jets sweeping New England, at least not this season, but a split we could pull off again.

Score more points?

This is the year we sweep New England-mark this thread boys and girls....WE have the better run game and their defense won't be able to stop Thomas Jones-look what we did with friggin Kevan Barlow in that 2nd game-Lawrence Noodle-roney is a big question mark to the team up there-he's the 2nd coming of Ronnie Brown-a guy who could have been great but could NOT stay healthy.........

hey Tex if you're lurking that was for you

with their aging linebacking corps, I believe Leon will be the biggest mismatch for either side. Not to mention Cotchery seems to take those games personal, get the ball near him and he's going for six.

In all seriousness it's hard to say how to beat any team at this point, since so many aren't set, and won't be 'til awhile after the draft.

Score more points?

That always helps, Bit, but PF nailed it.;)

Just keeping the ball out of Brady's hands is a big factor. He doesn't need much time to march down the field on the Jets D.

with their aging linebacking corps, I believe Leon will be the biggest mismatch for either side. Not to mention Cotchery seems to take those games personal, get the ball near him and he's going for six.

md makes a great point and one that I should have made since I was the one that dubbed him a Pats killer-he's a mismatch against their munchkin defensive backfield

vs NE regular season

6-121 1 TD

6-70 1 TD

In all seriousness it's hard to say how to beat any team at this point, since so many aren't set, and won't be 'til awhile after the draft.

After the draft...How different are either of these teams going to look? picks 24 and 25 are not going to necessarily put a starter on the field. If they do, it will be an offensive guard, or a defensive filler for an injured player. I'm not saying the teams are etched in stone, but you know the Pats are going to have Vrabel, seymore, bruschi, and company on defense. You know what the jets offense will look like (except chad, pending on your view point).

It is early to predict, but the only reason for that, between these two teams, is because of injury and a possible imurgance of Kellen.

After the draft...How different are either of these teams going to look? picks 24 and 25 are not going to necessarily put a starter on the field. If they do, it will be an offensive guard, or a defensive filler for an injured player. I'm not saying the teams are etched in stone, but you know the Pats are going to have Vrabel, seymore, bruschi, and company on defense. You know what the jets offense will look like (except chad, pending on your view point).

It is early to predict, but the only reason for that, between these two teams, is because of injury and a possible imurgance of Kellen.

True, however June 1st cuts must be taken into consideration as well.

Naturally the Pats have their staples on O and D, as does everyteam, but the overall look of the team isn't set.

IMO we can expect to see the same Pats game plan we've seen for the last, what? 5-6 years?

True, however June 1st cuts must be taken into consideration as well.

Naturally the Pats have their staples on O and D, as does everyteam, but the overall look of the team isn't set.

IMO we can expect to see the same Pats game plan we've seen for the last, what? 5-6 years?

I think we are in general agreement on this. The only teams in the East that are going to look and be different are the Jills, and Dolphins. They have questions all over the field, and as early predictions go.

Dolphins will have a top 3 pick in next years draft.

I think we are in general agreement on this. The only teams in the East that are going to look and be different are the Jills, and Dolphins. They have questions all over the field, and as early predictions go.

Dolphins will have a top 3 pick in next years draft.

More or less, though no matter what improvments they make I don't see either of the teams you mentioned advancing themselves much. Not enough to make much of a difference anyway.

Thats an obvious thing... keep our ****ty D off the field last year an we win.. duh!

They cant score on our bad D if they dont have the ball! :)

kind of hard when their D spends the afternoon knocking your O on its ass. they out-physicalled the jets last year. and chad does not play great against them. he tried very hard to throw an INT on that last TD in the second game last season. cotchery saved his butt. i thought we were headed for a loss there

It's not always about points. I think TOP is one big reason, but the biggest reason I think is applying pressure on Brady.

Good point, you get a gtreat pass rush and hurry up ANY NFL QB and you will have success more often than not.

Archived