Foods You Hated as a Child...

Sir Speez

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like broccoli, but cabbage is just vile.

And I do not understand how anyone can eat eggs.

Ditto,I like Broccoli,can't stand cauliflower though.

Cabbage? :smilies2_puke:

I eat hard boiled egg whites every day for breakfast to get my protein..eggs I like,even if they are heart stoppers.

pretty much everything.

i didn't eat until i was 14 or 15, and really, even since then i don't eat much.

You're full of ****,after all the weed you smoke (or say you smoke) you had to have had the super munchies.

You're full of ****,after all the weed you smoke (or say you smoke) you had to have had the super munchies.

well, i didn't start until i was 18 or 19 for one thing, and still, i don't get the munchies. ever. i only eat like a meal or two a day, and they are small. a hot dog and small bag of chips do the trick. i snack a little, but not really after i smoke.

the munchies have been overdramatized. the fact is that it doesn't make everyone hungry, in fact, there have been studies done that show alot of people actually lose their hunger after smoking, about equal in percentage to those who get hungry after smoking. it pretty much just normalizes the hunger (and other bodily functions) in many people.

well, i didn't start until i was 18 or 19 for one thing, and still, i don't get the munchies. ever. i only eat like a meal or two a day, and they are small. a hot dog and small bag of chips do the trick. i snack a little, but not really after i smoke.

the munchies have been overdramatized. the fact is that it doesn't make everyone hungry, in fact, there have been studies done that show alot of people actually lose their hunger after smoking, about equal in percentage to those who get hungry after smoking. it pretty much just normalizes the hunger (and other bodily functions) in many people.

Looks likes someone really liked the taste of lead paint chips as a child.

No,I think he was sniffing glue as a kid and then elevated to marijuana as his brain regressed.

actually i have never sniffed anything. i did take a big whiff of a liquid nails like concrete cement once on mistake, i was high for like 2 days, and not a good one. wow.

Liver is so-so. We had it once in a while when I was younger, and my Mom made it with bacon & onions, so it wasn't all bad.

I wasn't big on fish, but I liked other seafood growing up. Now sushi is one of my favorite foods, go figure.

Liver is so-so. We had it once in a while when I was younger, and my Mom made it with bacon & onions, so it wasn't all bad.

I wasn't big on fish, but I liked other seafood growing up. Now sushi is one of my favorite foods, go figure.

There really wasn't sushi around when I was growing up. And at first I tried it with some trepidation. But it's really good. Still don't like the pieces with salmon though. Also wasn't much Middle Eastern food-gyros(which thr Greeks and Turks are still fighting about), falafel. And now I love all that stuff too.

French cuisine isn't bad, but it's way overrated. I'd rather go to a Tex Mex place.

There really wasn't sushi around when I was growing up. And at first I tried it with some trepidation. But it's really good. Still don't like the pieces with salmon though. Also wasn't much Middle Eastern food-gyros(which thr Greeks and Turks are still fighting about), falafel. And now I love all that stuff too.

French cuisine isn't bad, but it's way overrated. I'd rather go to a Tex Mex place.

I love sushi, but don't care for salmon or smoked salmon either. The best is tuna, eel, cooked shrimp etc. I like to try new rolls...have a few great local sushi places. If it wasn't BBQ weather today, I'd want to have sushi today!

smiles_143.gif

Liver??? I just don't understand eating that. It's a blood filter that flushes toxins and waste out of blood. How can you eat that!!! I'd rather eat pigs feet!!! :animal0026:

:eek: lima beans

liver

deer meat

Me and my sister had a lot deer meat growing up... my dad hunted his entire life. We never ate the stews he would make, but only the tenderloin pan fried in butter and onions. Otherwise HELL NO. I think I have some meat in the freezer that I don't have the heart to throw away but sure as hell won't be eating it! My dad doesn't ask anymore if we want it... he knows better. :animal0026:

I can't believe nobody was forced to eat Lima beans :smilies2_puke:

I hated them.

Ditto.

I used to have to mix up the veggies in the mashed potatoes. Most of the time it was just carrots and peas, but then my mom started getting the cans that not only included the carrots and peas but now also had corn, stringbeans and lima beans well I had to draw the line.

Hated the lima beans so much that I would just pick them all out and the mix the rest with the potatoes.

The one food I despised the most though are deviled eggs. Just the smell makes me want to throw up.

The one food I despised the most though are deviled eggs. Just the smell makes me want to throw up.

Oh dude!! I hated them as a kid too but trust me. You HAVE to try them now. That is one of the greatest beer drinking foods EVER!!

SPAM! Seriously, I remember that gelled yuckiness.....ugh.....

My Mom and her family immigrated here from Italy - in the late 50's....a family of 10 including 8 children, my mother was the third oldest - she met my father a few years later....poor thing. :) Anyway, I guess money was scarce for this new "American" family and they were encouraged to purchase Spam as meat until they became more financially secure. So, Spam became a cheap luncheon meat alternative. I guess old habits die hard - because although not wealthy - there was no need for Spam when Mom married my Dad. But nooooooooooooo......Spam for lunch. How gross! Then the Spam just disappeared! I think that was my Dad's doing.

Oh dude!! I hated them as a kid too but trust me. You HAVE to try them now. That is one of the greatest beer drinking foods EVER!!

I love deviled eggs also,but oh the horror of the dutch oven for the Mrs. afterwards :lol:

SPAM! Seriously, I remember that gelled yuckiness.....ugh.....

My Mom and her family immigrated here from Italy - in the late 50's....a family of 10 including 8 children, my mother was the third oldest - she met my father a few years later....poor thing. :) Anyway, I guess money was scarce for this new "American" family and they were encouraged to purchase Spam as meat until they became more financially secure. So, Spam became a cheap luncheon meat alternative. I guess old habits die hard - because although not wealthy - there was no need for Spam when Mom married my Dad. But nooooooooooooo......Spam for lunch. How gross! Then the Spam just disappeared! I think that was my Dad's doing.

I didn't think they had spam in New England

it just came up today

mushrooms.

i won't even try them since my mother said i would eventually like them. :elmer:

when we were kids every time we would have mushrooms my father would say "don't eat the mushrooms, my neighbor from Detroit DIED from eating mushrooms" (I have been telling my family the same story since)

It was actually a true story of this guy who picked a toadstool he KNEW was poison but it so so beautiful he ate it anyway and croaked-my Dad only told us that though so HE could eat them all

Thanks for that informative lesson on the function of the liver i think that solidifies that i wont eat it (95%)...but i do eat chicken gizzards lol

Oh wow no one has said Chitterlings...Chitlins...whatever you want to call them they are pig intestines...i walked into my GreatGrandmothers house when i was 14 and they were cleaning them...i turned around and asked my Grandfather if we could open the window because someone was foul...he replied boy thats them cleaning those chitlins...my face dropped and i have never eaten them to this day lol

DEVILED EGGS RULE!!!

Keep an eye out for my "official" recipes thread. I'll share my world famous deviled egg recipe with all of you. I need to get with Max first though as this could be a real opportunity for him to make some money. :lol:

Keep an eye out for my "official" recipes thread. I'll share my world famous deviled egg recipe with all of you. I need to get with Max first though as this could be a real opportunity for him to make some money. :lol:

We should organize a "JN Recipe book!" Proceeds go to support Max's marathon endeavors.

Spinach - Tastes like dirt. Dirty dirt.

Brussel Sprouts - Concentrated cabbage flavor. Disgusting.

Tomatoes - I like tomato sauce, but raw tomatoes are nasty.

Liver - 'Nuff said.

Olives - How people eat these is beyond me. Turpentine.

Tripe - Smells and tastes like a barn.

Archived