Who will be the JETS starting RB...

ECURB

Who will be the JETS starting RB week 17?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will be the JETS starting RB week 17?

i agree with him. Leon is amazing, and i don't care about his height, plenty of backs have overcome that problem.

Exactly... I know TJ will get a lot of carries... but I think Leon will start so that Spark is out there to start the game and hopefully get some quick scores... then when they need to grind it out TJ will come in...

My Boy from FSU will start the game and Tj will bulldoze his way to the endzone in short yardage downs

I agree with all of you guys that Leon is a good RB and will get plenty of PT. But TJones will be the starter for his leadership, experiance, and pass protection. At this stage of his career Leon is not as complete as a back as TJones is.

Week 17, if healthy, it will be Thomas Jones. Leon Washington is one hell of a change of pace back who I'd like to see the ball in his hands around 15 times a game, but he is not going to beat out Thomas Jones who will have the ball in his hands 20-25 times a game, these numbers do include receiving.

Thomas Jones is definitely going to be the starter barring any injuries. Leon Washington will certainly get his fair share of carries but the Jets didn't give up a 2nd round pick for a backup RB.

We didn't give up a second round pick for him, we exchanged seconds.

I love Leon, but he is coming into his second year following a rookie campaign where he had a few great games, not a pro bowl season. Jones is coming off of a 1,000+ yd season and has proven to be starting RB material...this is all very simple...Healthy Jones=Wk 17 Starter .

UH, no. If Jones is healthy, he's the freaking starter. Are you on crack?

One of the smartest posts I've read from you. J.K. yeah I agree, no way in hell that Jones isn't starting. I love Leon and he will have a good year. But he isn't starting over Jones, unless Jones gets hurt.

Leon is a great 3rd down back and I would love to see us utilize his abilities more this year.

Thomas Jones though is definetly the starter and should be good for well over a 1000 yds this year. He is a quality back and with him and Jones we have one of the best RB tandems in the league. Plus Houston was pretty good near the goaline last year so he will see some action this year.

I knew what I was saying didn't sound right lol. Well we didn't trade from the top of the 2nd to the bottom of the 2nd for a backup. :)

i figured you did, but by me correcting you, i felt so much better about myself for the rest of the night. :)

LW is nothing more, and will never be anything more than a change of pace back, TJ is an everydown back, therefore he will take the first carry.

jones will get more carries to the tune of 60-40 on LW. Leon is more explosive, he can take one for 6 everytime he touches it, you can't say that about many players on this team, let alone in this league.

Jones will start out the year as the workhorse but over the course of the year we will get to see why the Jets are his 4th NFL team and why none of the other three was very interested in keeping him under contract. TJ is Johhny Johnson circa 2007. Remember JJ came to us as a "1000-yard RB" who did that for the Cardinals. How much better would he be for a real team? the thinking went.

Leon will continue to see time but not to the point where he is the starter.

Cedriic will match or outplay TJ on a carry for carry basis when healthy. The front office will be reluctant to see a change made at the official starter because it makes them look stupid. The end result will very much be a running back by committee even though TJ will hang on to the title of "Starting RB for the NYJ"

In short...

TJ=Not nearly as good as some think....

LW=Nice RB but limited physically to non-starter role...

CH=Better than most people think but has not shown he can stay healthy.

Next offseason getting the real starter of the future will once again be a priority.

<edited to add>

I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing. LW has shown he can be a game-changer in selected spots and I think a one -two punch of Jones and Houston can turn the Jets into a real ground and pound running attack.

LW is nothing more, and will never be anything more than a change of pace back, TJ is an everydown back, therefore he will take the first carry.

Thats great, but what does it have to do with week 17?

Jones will start out the year as the workhorse but over the course of the year we will get to see why the Jets are his 4th NFL team and why none of the other three was very interested in keeping him under contract. TJ is Johhny Johnson circa 2007. Remember JJ came to us as a "1000-yard RB" who did that for the Cardinals. How much better would he be for a real team? the thinking went.

Leon will continue to see time but not to the point where he is the starter.

Cedriic will match or outplay TJ on a carry for carry basis when healthy. The front office will be reluctant to see a change made at the official starter because it makes them look stupid. The end result will very much be a running back by committee even though TJ will hang on to the title of "Starting RB for the NYJ"

In short...

TJ=Not nearly as good as some think....

LW=Nice RB but limited physically to non-starter role...

CH=Better than most people think but has not shown he can stay healthy.

Next offseason getting the real starter of the future will once again be a priority.

<edited to add>

I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing. LW has shown he can be a game-changer in selected spots and I think a one -two punch of Jones and Houston can turn the Jets into a real ground and pound running attack.

I think you are underestimating TJ. He played for 2 really bad O-Lines (and just offenses in general) between AZ, and TB. Even in Chicago they had no passing attack to speak of, i'm not even saying that the Jets passing attack is much better. What i am saying is that this is one of the first times TJ has not been one of the best, if not the best, offensive player on his team. Teams won't be able to just stop him, they will also have to focus on our receivers, and LW.

He's finally on a team that can be productive in both the pass, and the rush. His numbers will be similar to what they were last year, but his leadership is the number one thing he brings to NYJ.

Given the opportunity, he can be a top 10 back. Time will tell.

Exactly ecurb ,thats what I was thinking

Week 17 Poeple ,tighten up damn it

I know TJ will be the starter this season... what Im saying is will he be the starter at the end of the season... anything can happen... Leon could have a breakout year... TJ could get hurt... you never know...

I know TJ will be the starter this season... what Im saying is will he be the starter at the end of the season... anything can happen... Leon could have a breakout year... TJ could get hurt... you never know...

I call BS on you ecurb!

This was your comment:

Ecurb

I think Leon will be the starter for most of this year... TJ will get his fair share... but Leon will start the games...

You didnt say anything about injuries. You said Leon would be the starter most of the year, and he'd start the games. Cmon, you got caught with your panties down! Admit it!

I call BS on you ecurb!

This was your comment:

You didnt say anything about injuries. You said Leon would be the starter most of the year, and he'd start the games. Cmon, you got caught with your panties down! Admit it!

He will be the starter for most of the year... 9 out of 16 weeks...

Are you talking about Leon Washington here? just so I can make this clear....

Are you predicting injuries to Thomas Jones?

No I think Leon will be put out there to start the games and get explosive plays to get the team going... and TJ will be brought in to grind it out.

Archived