Igawa

GimmeShelter

With all due respect to my masses of jealous raging stalker lunatics, I'd rather not tell you where I live, lest one of you decides it would be a splendid idea to spend your summer, spring, and fall peering into my window with your binoculars from the backseat of your '82 Gremlin like a tourist peeping at leaves.

... I could sprawl my collection out on the floor and take a picture...thats if I decide that I give 2 sh**s about what people like Gainzo think!

LMAO

This dude doesnt get nearly enough credit for being the hoot that he is.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The SS is a very good player but not a game changer or guy who can carry the team like a ARod can.

The Left Fielder has aged in a hurry especially in the field while the bat being still decent is not "Godzilla".

Melky is a 4th outfielder.

These statements are all built out of spite.

Jeter, a guy on pace for 3,400 hits, is not a game changer?

Matsui, who is once again on pace for 20-25 HR'S and 100+ RBI'S, may not be 'Godzilla,' but who is going to argue with that kind of production year in and year out? He's like clock work.

Melky, since being moved up in the order about 5 games ago, is on a torrid pace, hitting .455 with 6 rib's. It's far too early to say he is only a 4th outfielder.

Gimme --

I like the part about the SS not being a "game changer" or a guy who can carry a team. Never heard of a guy who is a Hall Of Famer referred to in such a manner before.

And I like the way you have ARod as a lock to leave. I missed the part where that was finalized.

Also the Yankees can replace some of the broken parts with kids from the farm system. It isn't as bleak as one would hope.

Just because Jete is a HOF lock does not mean he is capable of providing the wins that ARod did this season when the team was in chaos. He is just not that type of player who can carry a team on his own. Sorry.

ARod's agent is Boras----do the math.

Dire, Melky has been on fire to raise his average to .272.....these type players always get exposed as part time players with extended PT....that will be the case with Melky.

Matsui is best suited for a DH going forward....unfortunately this roster has multiple guys who fit that description.

I think what irritates Non-Yankee fans or outright Yankee haters, or anyone who doesn't regularly gargle on Derek Jeter's b@llbag is the fact that Derek Jeter is so painfully overrated by Yankee homers.

If not for the duo of Joe Buck and Tim McCarver calling so many nationally televised Yankee games, most people wouldnt even have an opinion on DJ. But he is constantly exposed as a midlevel-to-slightly-above-average fielder and a perrenially consistent 2-out-singles hitter with basically ZERO power who gets alot of poonage from teenage NYC area strippers. He has the worst possible (aloof/fake Boyscout) personality for a captain of a team. He doesnt even have the backs of his teammates, though many of his recent teammates have been horrible, horrible people.

He basically is a fraud in MANY MANY ways.

I think what irritates Non-Yankee fans or outright Yankee haters, or anyone who doesn't regularly gargle on Derek Jeter's b@llbag is the fact that Derek Jeter is so painfully overrated by Yankee homers.

If not for the duo of Joe Buck and Tim McCarver calling so many nationally televised Yankee games, most people wouldnt even have an opinion on DJ. But he is constantly exposed as a midlevel-to-slightly-above-average fielder and a perrenially consistent 2-out-singles hitter with basically ZERO power who gets alot of poonage from teenage NYC area strippers. He has the worst possible (aloof/fake Boyscout) personality for a captain of a team. He doesnt even have the backs of his teammates, though many of his recent teammates have been horrible, horrible people.

If not for the duo of Joe Buck and Tim McCarver calling so many nationally televised Yankee games I might be able to watch the game with the sound on.

You mad?

Just because Jete is a HOF lock does not mean he is capable of providing the wins that ARod did this season when the team was in chaos. He is just not that type of player who can carry a team on his own. Sorry.

Dire, Melky has been on fire to raise his average to .272.....these type players always get exposed as part time players with extended PT....that will be the case with Melky.

Matsui is best suited for a DH going forward....unfortunately this roster has multiple guys who fit that description.

Have you seen the plays that Melky makes in the field?

I doubt you have, but I feel that a few extra hours in the batting cages, and he can be in an all-star game.

Have you seen the plays that Melky makes in the field?

I doubt you have, but I feel that a few extra hours in the batting cages, and he can be in an all-star game.

Melky is much better than I iniatilly thought and I have admitted that many times.....same for my Crisp evaluation though he is more of a factor this year than Damon.

Defensively Melky is great but I still think he is best served as a 4th outfielder.

Now I know we all like "our" players but a "All-Star" game????

Melky is much better than I iniatilly thought and I have admitted that many times.....same for my Crisp evaluation though he is more of a factor this year than Damon.

Defensively Melky is great but I still think he is best served as a 4th outfielder.

Now I know we all like "our" players but a "All-Star" game????

he, yeah that may be a bit much, but if he works on his efficiency at the plate you can't honestly tell me he can't be a top end CF, in the area of Jim Edmonds, Juan Pierre-esque players.

yankees posts-3,255.

red sox posts-1

football/basketball/any other sport related posts-0

If the Mets dont reach the World Series, their season would have to be considered a collosal failure as well.

I love how Jeter makes Mets fans so mad too. I mean really mad.

Can you blame them though? Jeter OWNS the Mets like no other.

Come October the Yanks look like this:

Posada will be back. I agree that 1B is a problem.

Cano will be more than fine and what you're saying about Jeter is crap. He led the AL in winshares and VORP last year. Saying that a SS with a 900+ OPS and a 420+ OBP isn't a game changing player is the hight of stupidity.

70-30 Arod stays.

Matsui is fine for another year he's still an above average hitting LF.

Damon is fine if healthy and Melky is a good enough CF at a high value position to be a league avg hitter.

Calling Abreu a mistake is a 2nd guess of MAMMOTH proportions. This is a guy who had been a hall of fame caliber offensive player for 10 years and you're about to call him garbage after a few bad months...

If Giambi is healthy he'll hit, if not the yankees need to add some depth.Pettitte Wang and Mussina are back unless moose is traded which is fine too, Hughes slots in and one or 2 of Kennedy, Horne, Chamberlain or Clippard fills out the back end. Thats a fine rotation.

Proctor and Burney will be fine. Add them to Edwar Rameriz and you have 3 solid guys up front and you can BET the yankees will be heavy in the market for RP's in the offseason. They also have guys in the minors like Chris Britton and Kevin Whelan are who close.

There are holes but nothing that can't be quickly fixed with a few smart FA moves and trades. Obviously the bench needs a major overhaul but that won't cost much and this is a good enough FA class for the yankees EASILY to be able to get back to being a championship contender quickly if they are smart.

So you're going to say here that the yankees will never be a great team again. Thats all in the past huh? Will the yankees be a 3rd place team for 10 years looking up at a Boston dynasty? I'm curious...

No, but once again you're trying to change the argument to deflect attention away from something assinine you've said.

You need to knock off the bullsh*t about the Yankees only allowing classy, professional, high-level to wear their uniform and insinuating that Kei Igawa cannot live up to that standard. After you;ve had the likes of Gary Sheffield*, Roger Clemens, Juicin' Jason*, Kevin Brown, Denny Neagle, Jeff Weaver, Jose Contreras, Javier Vazquez, Carl Pavano, etc...for the past few years...you no longer are allowed to say that and be taken seriously. Igawa fits right in.

No, but once again you're trying to change the argument to deflect attention away from something assinine you've said.

You need to knock off the bullsh*t about the Yankees only allowing classy, professional, high-level to wear their uniform and insinuating that Kei Igawa cannot live up to that standard. After you;ve had the likes of Gary Sheffield*, Roger Clemens, Juicin' Jason*, Kevin Brown, Denny Neagle, Jeff Weaver, Jose Contreras, Javier Vazquez, Carl Pavano, etc...for the past few years...you no longer are allowed to say that and be taken seriously. Igawa fits right in.

What does Igawa sucking have to do with being classy and professional? Who cares if he is. He sucks.

You should be asking yourself that question. You said, and I quote: "Igawa shouldnt be pitching for anyone in MLB, especially the Yankees".

I never brought that other stuff up...YOU DID.

Next time just say: "Igawa sucks" and be done with it. Don't try to sell it as the Yankees only sign classy professional players...because as we all know, those days are over.

Now go ahead, try to weasel your way out of this one. You will understand that I am not one of these other short-fused, high-strung, uppity posters that gets easily frustrated with you. Im not going to throw my hands up to the sky and let you get away with performing verbal fellatio on the Yankees. I own people like you!!!

(In pro wrestling interview speak) There's nowhere to run Mikey and nowhere to hide...Im your worst nightmare!!!

Now, dont try to do that sh*t again!

You should be asking yourself that question. You said, and I quote: "Igawa shouldnt be pitching for anyone in MLB, especially the Yankees".

Next time just say: "Igawa sucks" and be done with it. Don't try to sell it as the Yankees only sign classy professional players...because as we all know, those days are over.

Now go ahead, try to weasel your way out of this one. You will understand that I am not one of these other short-fused, high-strung, uppity posters that gets easily frustrated with you. Im not going to throw my hands up to the sky and let you get away with performing verbal fellatio on the Yankees. I own people like you!!!

(In pro wrestling interview speak) There's nowhere to run Mikey and nowhere to hide...Im your worst nightmare!!!

LOL

He never said it had ANYTHING to do with class or no class. The point madmike was saying is Igawa is a pathetic excuse of a pitcher, and an even bigger excuse of a yankee pitcher.

You're really looking smart here jbf.

Man are you trying to read too much into a statement. I meant that the yankees are supposed to be a championship contender and Igawa sucks. Thats about it.

LOL

He never said it had ANYTHING to do with class or no class. The point madmike was saying is Igawa is a pathetic excuse of a pitcher, and an even bigger excuse of a yankee pitcher.

You're really looking smart here jbf.

Oh please Barton, of all people...who do you think you are to call somebody not smart???

We all know what InsaneMike meant, and now he is backtracking...like he always does. The Yankees arent a contender for anything this year except BIGGEST CHOKEJOB/WASTE OF MONEY EVER ASSEMBLED...which they win every year, every year outdoing themselves.

The Yankees have become a joke and 2007 is a Yankee Hater's wet dream!!!

Mystique & Aura, Class and Professionalism indeed!!!!

Oh please Barton, of all people...who do you think you are to call somebody not smart???

We all know what InsaneMike meant, and now he is backtracking...like he always does. The Yankees arent a contender for anything this year except BIGGEST CHOKEJOB/WASTE OF MONEY EVER ASSEMBLED...which they win every year, every year outdoing themselves.

The Yankees have become a joke and 2007 is a Yankee Hater's wet dream!!!

Mystique & Aura, Class and Professionalism indeed!!!!

Wouldn't the real chokers be the team that had a 100+ million dollar payroll but wasn't even good enough to make the playoffs 5 of the last 8 years?

After the game Torre announced his pitching alignment for after the All-Star break - the Yankees play four games at Tampa Bay beginning Thursday. Pettitte, Roger Clemens, Mike Mussina and Chien-Ming Wang will precede Kei Igawa, who would face the Blue Jays a week from Monday.

Igawa has struggled in his three starts since returning to the Yankees from the minor leagues, but Torre remains optimistic the Japanese lefty will get his act together.

"He just needs to get some work as far as throwing on the side and trying to find command," Torre said. "His ability and the number of pitches he has are all big league, he just needs to locate them all on a regular basis."

I think the second Hughes can go 5 innings Igawa is sent down or relegated to long man out of pen.

After the game Torre announced his pitching alignment for after the All-Star break - the Yankees play four games at Tampa Bay beginning Thursday. Pettitte, Roger Clemens, Mike Mussina and Chien-Ming Wang will precede Kei Igawa, who would face the Blue Jays a week from Monday.

Igawa has struggled in his three starts since returning to the Yankees from the minor leagues, but Torre remains optimistic the Japanese lefty will get his act together.

"He just needs to get some work as far as throwing on the side and trying to find command," Torre said. "His ability and the number of pitches he has are all big league, he just needs to locate them all on a regular basis."

I think the second Hughes can go 5 innings Igawa is sent down or relegated to long man out of pen.

No word on whether or not Nardi Contreras supported this decision or not! :shutit:

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, regarding A-Rod, he will go to the highest bidder. That is teh Boras way. And no one outbids the Yankees.

Melky showed last year he is a regular. He may not ever become the slugger everyone would like, but he can hit. His defense is above avergae, and his arm is more then above average. His best position is probably as a corner OF, but you like to have more pop from your corner guys. Regardless, I think Melky will hit more HRs as he gets towards 25 or so. He is, after all, all of 22 or so.

Matsui can still play LF, but he would beneift a lot if he was a DH 4th day or so. However, with Giambi still here through next year, that won't happen. Offensively, Matsui can still hit well enough to play everyday.

Actually, regarding A-Rod, he will go to the highest bidder. That is teh Boras way. And no one outbids the Yankees.

Melky showed last year he is a regular. He may not ever become the slugger everyone would like, but he can hit. His defense is above avergae, and his arm is more then above average. His best position is probably as a corner OF, but you like to have more pop from your corner guys. Regardless, I think Melky will hit more HRs as he gets towards 25 or so. He is, after all, all of 22 or so.

Matsui can still play LF, but he would beneift a lot if he was a DH 4th day or so. However, with Giambi still here through next year, that won't happen. Offensively, Matsui can still hit well enough to play everyday.

Which means you likely have to dip into the FA market this winter while also having to sign a few of your core guys.

Abreu's 16 mill option likely doesn't get picked up and is bought out for 2 mill.

That leaves a outfield of Matsui -Melky and Damon if healthy. Not sure the Yanks go to war with that unless they sign ARod and add a Texeira like 1st baseman as there's just not enough power among the three for a AL line-up..

This off season will be interesting.

Which means you likely have to dip into the FA market this winter while also having to sign a few of your core guys.

Abreu's 16 mill option likely doesn't get picked up and is bought out for 2 mill.

That leaves a outfield of Matsui -Melky and Damon if healthy. Not sure the Yanks go to war with that unless they sign ARod and add a Texeira like 1st baseman as there's just not enough power among the three for a AL line-up..

This off season will be interesting.

It's really funny how you write page after page about the yankee off season yet you mention the mets less than I do lol.

It's really funny how you write page after page about the yankee off season yet you mention the mets less than I do lol.

You need to get past that or start a Mets thread. Last time we had a Mets thread you copped a attitude when we proved your Reyes numbers wrong.

Anyway don't you agree this will be a intersting off season for the Yanks.

You need to get past that or start a Mets thread. Last time we had a Mets thread you copped a attitude when we proved your Reyes numbers wrong.

Anyway don't you agree this will be a intersting off season for the Yanks.

See i don't have an agenda to bash the mets like you do to bash the yankees.

Every post you make is either bashing or leading up to bashing the yankees. Everyone knows it.

I don't see it. I think you are a little sensitive and read way too much into some posts from GimmeShelter.

This isn't a dig, just my opinion.

Archived