Chad won 10 games last year... Yet Jet fans say he can never win 12 in a season?

Reporters have seen practice... and they all said Tui was actually looking good while Clemens passes were not looking pretty... basically saying Chad has the #1 spot... and its a battle for the #2 spot...

Reporters only see a small part of the practice, and its their job to create drama.

Chad Pennington is on the hot seat this year, and if he falters who's coming in? Heres a clue: you can spell his last name.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reporters only see a small part of the practice, and its their job to create drama.

Chad Pennington is on the hot seat this year, and if he falters who's coming in? Heres a clue: you can spell his last name.

We will see... Mangini went with Ramsey (who sucks) last year because he has experience... Tui might never have proved anything... but he is also a 2nd round QB... who has more experience... and has been said to be throwing well...

A few site report the JETS backup QB situation as a big concern... I dont think Tui or Clemens can step in and win right now...

Chad played good enough to win 11 games last season, if not for the D blowing the game (2 times) in the 4th Q to the Colts we would have won 11... Chad played good enough 2 beat the SB Champs, our D failed.

We could have won 12 games if not for the refs screwing us out of a W vs the brows...

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda... DIDNT.

Chad gives this Jets team a chance to win each week.

What QB have you been watching??? Are you joking????? Do you even understand football??? The sad truth for Jet fans is this, and it's real simple, Chad is the best QB they have, and secondly he is not good enough to get them past the type of season they had last year. Did you even watch the way the Patriots played the Jets in the Wildcard game? They did what every good team in the NFL will do to Chad, they rolled coverage up because they knew he didn't have the ability to beat them deep. It's not rocket science, it's basic and 99% effective, sure he'll get lucky with a floater once in a while but most of the time its a pick. Nothing wrong with supporting your QB, but hes physically flawed. Patriots fans had to learn to accept that fact about Drew Bledsoe and he's done a heck of alot more in the NFL than Chad ever has.

What QB have you been watching??? Are you joking????? Do you even understand football??? The sad truth for Jet fans is this, and it's real simple, Chad is the best QB they have, and secondly he is not good enough to get them past the type of season they had last year. Did you even watch the way the Patriots played the Jets in the Wildcard game? They did what every good team in the NFL will do to Chad, they rolled coverage up because they knew he didn't have the ability to beat them deep. It's not rocket science, it's basic and 99% effective, sure he'll get lucky with a floater once in a while but most of the time its a pick. Nothing wrong with supporting your QB, but hes physically flawed. Patriots fans had to learn to accept that fact about Drew Bledsoe and he's done a heck of alot more in the NFL than Chad ever has.

I don't think Patriots fans learned or accepted a ****ing thing about Drew Bledsoe until Mo Lewis put him on the respirator and they lucked into somebody better.

If he cant secure a backup spot from an already known complete bust in Tuiasasopo, thats plenty evidence that so far, hes been a bust.

I'm sorry, but a 3 day Mini Camp doesn't tell all.

You, ecurb and other Chad lovers continue to ignore and over look the fact that your savior boy sat on the bench for 2 whole years and then for the first 4 games in his 3rd year and wasn't going to see the field that season either until Vinny got hurt in the Jacksonville game and Chad made $64 million off of a 12 game fluke season.

Oh, and BTW, Pennington was also the #3 his rookie season, Clemens was only #3 for half of his.

You, ecurb and other Chad lovers continue to ignore and over look the fact that your savior boy sat on the bench for 2 whole years and then for the first 4 games in his 3rd year and wasn't going to see the field that season either until Vinny got hurt in the Jacksonville game and Chad made $64 million off of a 12 game fluke season.

Oh, and BTW, Pennington was also the #3 his rookie season, Clemens was only #3 for half of his.

Chad sat behind a guy that has thrown for 145,000 yards. Not sure how that was a knock on him. Also you guys all blast Herm for not playing kids. Then you say Chad couldn't win the job and act as if it is a knock on him.

Chad sat behind a guy that has thrown for 145,000 yards. Not sure how that was a knock on him. Also you guys all blast Herm for not playing kids. Then you say Chad couldn't win the job and act as if it is a knock on him.

When I have I blamed Herm for not playing the young guys? Once I did with Cotchery, other then that Herm played the young guys who should've played.

Chad couldn't win the job, obviously, and if you ask the posters around here who love Chad, they would tell you that he has had a better career with the Jets then Vinny has, I'm sure. If you're going to argue about a rookie 2nd round pick not being able to beat out Chad last year, well then you can damn well argue that for THREE seasons Chad couldn't sniff a chance at beating out Vinny.

I don't care how many yards he had thrown for, he was aging, he should have some legit competition, no?

Chad Pennington went on a story book 12 game season in '02 and since then he has never been the same. Tony Romo could damn well turn out to be the same thing, time will tell.

Nice spin Maxie.

Chad could not unseat a 25 INT Vinny going into his second season.

Chad could not unseat a mediocre Vinny going into his third season.

Not winning the job from a VT is a knock. He was not even trying to beat a 1998 VT.

How can not winning the job from an average QB be good?

I don't think Patriots fans learned or accepted a ****ing thing about Drew Bledsoe until Mo Lewis put him on the respirator and they lucked into somebody better.

Not true at all most Patriot fans by that time understood very well Drews flaws. You couldn't as a football fan not understand that he had zero ability to avoid the Rush, and that he was a two or three read QB at best. Basically if his first or second option wasn't open he would do only a couple of things, one, he would either try and fire the ball in there anyway "not good", or he would hold on to the ball forever, "not good". Now that doesn't mean Pats fans didn't support him, he was all we had, much like Jet fans support Chad. The bottom line is most understood we would only go so far with him because he had critical flaws in his game that would allow really good teams to take advantage of them.

Nice spin Maxie.

Chad could not unseat a 25 INT Vinny going into his second season.

Chad could not unseat a mediocre Vinny going into his third season.

Not winning the job from a VT is a knock. He was not even trying to beat a 1998 VT.

How can not winning the job from an average QB be good?

Anyway a Chad lover can find a way to spin it for Chad, he or she will.

As I've said before, you want 8-10 wins a season (when he can actually stay healthy)? Chad's your man. You want to see your team win championships? Someone else will have to step in.

When I have I blamed Herm for not playing the young guys? Once I did with Cotchery, other then that Herm played the young guys who should've played.

Lamont Jordan ring a bell?

Not true at all most Patriot fans by that time understood very well Drews flaws. You couldn't as a football fan not understand that he had zero ability to avoid the Rush, and that he was a two or three read QB at best. Basically if his first or second option wasn't open he would do only a couple of things, one, he would either try and fire the ball in there anyway "not good", or he would hold on to the ball forever, "not good". Now that doesn't mean Pats fans didn't support him, he was all we had, much like Jet fans support Chad. The bottom line is most understood we would only go so far with him because he had critical flaws in his game that would allow really good teams to take advantage of them.

You could only go so far with him, yet he made it to the super bowl?

Anyway a Chad lover can find a way to spin it for Chad, he or she will.

As I've said before, you want 8-10 wins a season (when he can actually stay healthy)? Chad's your man. You want to see your team win championships? Someone else will have to step in.

:indifferent0023: and it continues...:indifferent0023:

Lamont Jordan ring a bell?

You could only go so far with him, yet he made it to the super bowl?

#27, If you know anything about me you know that I am the biggest LaMont Jordan hater you will ever find. I could've sworn you knew that.:eek:

LaMont Jordan could fall off the face of this earth and I would be a happy man. P.O.S. who has never and never will amount to anything. The Raiders knew they needed a guy like Rhodes so little LaMont only had to handle the ball 10-15 times a game. Aw, poor LaMont.

There is some truth in that. Even after winning the Superbowl, I was in the camp we keep Drew around one more season just in case.

However, Brady started to gain support from the Patriot Nation his second offseason. He clearly out performed Drew during the preseason. If Drew did not have that 100 million contract, he might have been gone.

Like with Chad, Drew was the best QB most New England faithful had ever seen. It was tough to let go.

Here is what pisses me off. You guys label people. "Chad Lover". We all love the Jets. Some think Chad is the guy. Some think otherwise. Just because someone likes a certain player doesn't make them less of a fan. Some of you guys are just cynical way beyond your years.

Time will tell. Here is my deal. In Mangini I trust. He will pick the QB that gives this team the best chance to win. Attacking other fans for who they root for is really crazy imo.

We all want the Jets to win it all. That's the bottom line.

Here is what pisses me off. You guys label people. "Chad Lover". We all love the Jets. Some think Chad is the guy. Some think otherwise. Just because someone likes a certain player doesn't make them less of a fan. Some of you guys are just cynical way beyond your years.

Time will tell. Here is my deal. In Mangini I trust. He will pick the QB that gives this team the best chance to win. Attacking other fans for who they root for is really crazy imo.

:shake: this last statement is true!!

Tell me if I have this correct:

"Chad Lover" = label that pisses you off

"Chad Hater" = appropriate label for despicable human being who must not really like the Jets

Tell me if I have this correct:

"Chad Lover" = label that pisses you off

"Chad Hater" = appropriate label for despicable human being who must not really like the Jets

No I meant it both ways. The guys that blast Chad still want the same thing. For the Jets to win it all.

There is plenty of room for more tolerance all around.

No I meant it both ways. The guys that blast Chad still want the same thing. For the Jets to win it all.

There is plenty of room for more tolerance all around.

I have built up a tolerance to Chad Lovers.

Seriously though, if Chad is the best shot then he should be in there until the season is officially down the toilet. Then throw Clemens in there & see what he's got. You don't plan to turn a season into a rebuilding one before it begins.

But I wouldn't label anyone a savior or bust based on practices. The very week he got injured & then lost his job to Chad, I'm sure Vinny looked like he was 10x the QB that Chad was in practice.

#27, If you know anything about me you know that I am the biggest LaMont Jordan hater you will ever find. I could've sworn you knew that.:eek:

LaMont Jordan could fall off the face of this earth and I would be a happy man. P.O.S. who has never and never will amount to anything. The Raiders knew they needed a guy like Rhodes so little LaMont only had to handle the ball 10-15 times a game. Aw, poor LaMont.

I know you hate Lamont. That's the point. Even with the 10-15 carries you quote (or even 7-8) it would have meant that Curtis was still playing today. Or at least lightly jogging. That moron crippled Curtis while avoiding giving Lamont carries even when they were fully earned and in games where Lamont was clearly outgaining Curtis per carry.

Worse is that he constantly talked up the good young talent while steadfastly refusing to play them.

Seriously though, if Chad is the best shot then he should be in there until the season is officially down the toilet. Then throw Clemens in there & see what he's got. You don't plan to turn a season into a rebuilding one before it begins.

But I wouldn't label anyone a savior or bust based on practices. The very week he got injured & then lost his job to Chad, I'm sure Vinny looked like he was 10x the QB that Chad was in practice.

It's not just how a guy can look better in practice. When there is an injury the team generally knows the #2 is clearly the best guy out there and they rally around him. To just bench somebody during the season creates animosity between guys that are loyal to the old #1. Whole different scenario. That's a major reason why nobody has run a qb platoon since the Buddy Ryan Jaw/Randall Eagles.

Well if Mangini doesn't put Clemens in after they have been eliminated from the playoff race that would mean that Mangini thinks Chad wasn't the problem or Clemens isn't the answer.

Either way, Eric gets to make the call. Message boards still rank just below the game day staff on the pecking order.

Hey tx, welcome back.

Ah so now I'm labeled "Tx" even by you because I don't believe that Chad Pennington can lead a team with an average defense and average offensive line (the New York Jets) to the promise land. Gotcha.

I'm sorry I'm not a Homer. I'm a realist. I love the Jets as much as anyone and cheer for them harder and support them more then anyone else and yes I root for Chad to succeed, but I'm not blind when it comes to his abilities. He is a game manager. We do not have the type of team that can win a championship with a game manager behind center.

I'm not a Chad lover. In fact, if you read my posts you would see that I actually hope Clemens can turn it around in Training Camp and not only win the backup job, but also give Chad some legit compettition for the starting QB spot. I'm a Jet lover, and I support and hope for whatever will be best for the Jets and whatever will help them win games. If Clemens outplays Chad in camp, I'll be ecstatic. Having said that, if Chad clearly eliminates the compettition, as he did in last years camp, he should be the starter.

As I said, Im going to stop worrying about Personell decisions that are not only not in my hands, but I know nothing about. Whatever happens, I'm going to support my team and enjoy the season.

TEAM JETS

no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!!

Second this.

Why debate the same thing over and over and over again without adding 1% more to the debate?

BZ

Ah so now I'm labeled "Tx" even by you because I don't believe that Chad Pennington can lead a team with an average defense and average offensive line (the New York Jets) to the promise land. Gotcha.

I'm sorry I'm not a Homer. I'm a realist. I love the Jets as much as anyone and cheer for them harder and support them more then anyone else and yes I root for Chad to succeed, but I'm not blind when it comes to his abilities. He is a game manager. We do not have the type of team that can win a championship with a game manager behind center.

I called you Tx because you have take the championed the cause of reminding everyone of Chad's faults.

You support the Jets and cheer more than anybody else though. That is impressive.

I don't care if people disagree. When people get called names and are told to go kill themselves because they think something different, that is over the top.

It's a message board people!

Chad is like a boxer who can only jab punch. Sure, he'll still beat the weaklings but when he faces a heavyweight he gets knocked out.

Then Clemens should have no problem beating him out in camp. We all know Mangini wouldn't pick the wrong guy to lead his team.

Then Clemens should have no problem beating him out in camp. We all know Mangini wouldn't pick the wrong guy to lead his team.

Didnt you know? Its all part of his master plan to rack up easy wins for a few years to change the culture... he doesnt really want to win it all right now... he just wants to let Chad win 10 games and **** up in the playoffs... :roll:

This is why the "chad haters" have a poor argument... because in order to bash Chad now... they have to bash a great new coaching staff who feels Chad can lead them to it all... or they have to fabricate a story about how Mangini knows Chad cant win it all but wants to get all the easy wins...

Archived