Chad won 10 games last year... Yet Jet fans say he can never win 12 in a season?

Then Clemens should have no problem beating him out in camp. We all know Mangini wouldn't pick the wrong guy to lead his team.

Well Barton would rather see the Jets have an awful year and start the season 1-5 just because he hates Pennington that much.

I tried telling him that Mangini will play the guy who gives the Jets the best chance to win, but it's in one ear and out the other.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes .....and so do the Wr's

Well, they do get jolted wide awake with the vicious hit that comes from the ball being in the air so long, but then sometimes they get knocked out and go back to sleep right after that.

Well, they do get jolted wide awake with the vicious hit that comes from the ball being in the air so long, but then sometimes they get knocked out and go back to sleep right after that.

I get it...good one.

](*,)

Then Clemens should have no problem beating him out in camp. We all know Mangini wouldn't pick the wrong guy to lead his team.

Kellen could outplay Chad in camp, and Chad would still start week 1.

In a way, making the playoffs last year was not such a good thing. It just makes it harder for Mangini to pull the plug on Pennington. I could just imagine the media killing him over it, which is why I say if Clemens is a bust than Mangini wont look too smart.

Its only a matter of time until Chad is benched. We just have to hope Clemens becomes a good one.

In a way, making the playoffs last year was not such a good thing. It just makes it harder for Mangini to pull the plug on Pennington. I could just imagine the media killing him over it, which is why I say if Clemens is a bust than Mangini wont look too smart.

Its only a matter of time until Chad is benched. We just have to hope Clemens becomes a good one.

do you think it would be worth the jets going 0-16 and getting the first round pick to pick up the top QB next year?

Mangini doesnt care about the media... they were ripping him for lack of info and for taking to long to choose a QB last season....

He will pick the player that gives the JETS the best chance to win it all, PERIOD.

Marques Tuiasosopo

WHY ISNT ANYONE STANDING UP FOR MARQUES???? This guy is going to be a great addition to our roster. Look at his numbers...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235251

Who wouldnt want a guy whose thrown 88 career passes in 6 seasons as their starter... HIS arm is nice and rested! Sure he throws a lot of interceptions, but that was with the Raiders, and we all know the Raiders suck. THIS GUY IS READY FOR PRIMETIME BABY!! This guy was an MVP IN THE ROSE BOWL!!!! Once in college he passed for 300 yards and RAN for 200 in the same game!!!

30082.jpg

I called you Tx because you have take the championed the cause of reminding everyone of Chad's faults.

You support the Jets and cheer more than anybody else though. That is impressive.

I don't care if people disagree. When people get called names and are told to go kill themselves because they think something different, that is over the top.

It's a message board people!

Ok, so the only things that can be posted is pro-Jets related content? You are to follow the Jets like lemmings to the edge of the cliff, right? If it is a message board and one that is governed by the First Ammendment, why should it matter if he bashes Chad? It is a message board people.

BTW nice way to set an example by following your own rules. You call him Tex. A former poster who is thought so highly of here. :rolleyes:

Didnt you know? Its all part of his master plan to rack up easy wins for a few years to change the culture... he doesnt really want to win it all right now... he just wants to let Chad win 10 games and **** up in the playoffs... :roll:

This is why the "chad haters" have a poor argument... because in order to bash Chad now... they have to bash a great new coaching staff who feels Chad can lead them to it all... or they have to fabricate a story about how Mangini knows Chad cant win it all but wants to get all the easy wins...

Nice spin.

Max was right last year. Chad gave them the best chance being a known quantity.

Mangini was a 32yo coach, who had limited coaching experience, no professional playing experience emulating the hard ass nature of his mentor. We all know he won over Coles. :rolleyes: If the Jets struggled, it would have been that much harder to preach the hard work if you are 1-6. The players could see the fruits of their labor with a good start a victory over the Patriots and a playoff berth.

Eric had to earn their respect he did. Now, if he makes a change the team will know he is doing it for what is best for the team. He brought in Thomas Jones because he knew Leon Washington is not suite to be an every down back. I would not be shocked if Chad lost his job this year.

PF -- you basically agree with what I said, if Eric picks Clemens to start he feels that gives them the best chance to win. If he picks Chad to start same thing.

We never said anyone had to be pro-Jets to post here. We have every other aspect of our life to be realistic about. If someone wants to believe their team is capable of winning it all I think that is a good thing. I don't see why that should lead to fighting. Not saying anyone has to agree with it or go along with it. Just not sure why people get harassed over it.

PF -- you basically agree with what I said, if Eric picks Clemens to start he feels that gives them the best chance to win. If he picks Chad to start same thing.

We never said anyone had to be pro-Jets to post here. We have every other aspect of our life to be realistic about. If someone wants to believe their team is capable of winning it all I think that is a good thing. I don't see why that should lead to fighting. Not saying anyone has to agree with it or go along with it. Just not sure why people get harassed over it.

I don't really care who starts, but umm week 1 Max are you going to buy me a beer?

Therefore it must be so.

Chad sucks. He's an injury-prone, weak-armed player in a strong-armed league. He had more turnovers than touchdowns for the 3rd time in the last 4 years. He panics under pressure & chucks the ball up like a clueless rookie in most of those situations. He puts his own players in danger with his floaters that give the defense plenty of time to react. He is the reason we don't utilize a TE more. He's consistently put up mostly mediocre passing numbers & a toothless passing attack despite playing with some serious talent at WR since coming into the league.

He sells the play-action better than anyone currently in the league. I'll give him that. But otherwise...if he was playing for the Lions for the past 5 years, not one person here would wish he was our QB.

Thats Pennington in a nutshell, i love the Jets and i think we are going to have a great season but if we had a real franchise qb we are legit superbowl contenders every year... Pennington has the weakest arm in the NFL, lofts screen passes, Curl routes etc, makes questionable passes when others are wide open, mostly down field but he cant make those throws(i'm there every game, i see everything), he isnt smart, who cant throw the ball 6 yards to recievers without racking up picks? and he finds ways to do it, sure he can talk smart to the media but his words and actions are totally two different things. Not to mention Pennington has killed nearly 3 recievers/tight ends/ running backs last year with his 5mph passes.

Thats Pennington in a nutshell, i love the Jets and i think we are going to have a great season but if we had a real franchise qb we are legit superbowl contenders every year... Pennington has the weakest arm in the NFL, lofts screen passes, Curl routes etc, makes questionable passes when others are wide open, mostly down field but he cant make those throws(i'm there every game, i see everything), he isnt smart, who cant throw the ball 6 yards to recievers without racking up picks? and he finds ways to do it, sure he can talk smart to the media but his words and actions are totally two different things. Not to mention Pennington has killed nearly 3 recievers/tight ends/ running backs last year with his 5mph passes.

If Mangini agrees with you then Chad will be on the bench. I think it is as simple as that.

Time will tell.

Ok, so the only things that can be posted is pro-Jets related content? You are to follow the Jets like lemmings to the edge of the cliff, right? If it is a message board and one that is governed by the First Ammendment, why should it matter if he bashes Chad? It is a message board people.

BTW nice way to set an example by following your own rules. You call him Tex. A former poster who is thought so highly of here. :rolleyes:

This board is not governed by the First Amendment. That is more against the government, and to specific areas that it has been extended to. It was never to something like a fan message board.

The mods here selectively enforce the rules based on who they like. I got an infraction for calling a guy a hippie once, not even in an insulting tone, meanwhile the guy keeps calling me an idiot and a moron and that's okay. Not only that, the mod that gave me the infraction quoted that guy's post and cheered him on. Absolutely absurd.

JN was way better before the ****ty mods ****ed everything up.

I do, but that was then and this is now.

Most of the players are probably drinking the Mangini-juice. I think your point was spot on last year. One of two things has happened since this past year. Either, Mangini's fears were confirmed about Chad or he has some new insight on him.

The mods here selectively enforce the rules based on who they like. I got an infraction for calling a guy a hippie once, not even in an insulting tone, meanwhile the guy keeps calling me an idiot and a moron and that's okay. Not only that, the mod that gave me the infraction quoted that guy's post and cheered him on. Absolutely absurd.

JN was way better before the ****ty mods ****ed everything up.

You called me a hippie once (not too far off, actually; although, no long hair or baggy clothes). Was that the time you received an infraction? If so does that mean that a mod was cheering me on?

SWEET!

I called you Tx because you have take the championed the cause of reminding everyone of Chad's faults.

You support the Jets and cheer more than anybody else though. That is impressive.

I don't care if people disagree. When people get called names and are told to go kill themselves because they think something different, that is over the top.

It's a message board people!

You act like I'm the first to do either of those.

Exactly. It is a message board.

Didnt you know? Its all part of his master plan to rack up easy wins for a few years to change the culture... he doesnt really want to win it all right now... he just wants to let Chad win 10 games and **** up in the playoffs... :roll:

This is why the "chad haters" have a poor argument... because in order to bash Chad now... they have to bash a great new coaching staff who feels Chad can lead them to it all... or they have to fabricate a story about how Mangini knows Chad cant win it all but wants to get all the easy wins...

I guess Marvin Lewis just thought he could win it all with Jon Kitna for a year, huh?

It's called having a QB sit for a year or two before he takes over the reigns. Trust me, it works. It has happened many, many times before.

I guess Marvin Lewis just thought he could win it all with Jon Kitna for a year, huh?

It's called having a QB sit for a year or two before he takes over the reigns. Trust me, it works. It has happened many, many times before.

Yea, you're right. I seem to remember a noodle arm QB who sat behind Vinny T for a while until it was his time for greatness. He had a bad run of luck after that, but the jury is still out on him. Word is though, he has all the tools he should need to make a serious run at his 2nd AFCE title, and maybe even a SB bid...

Chad Pennington's fluke of a 12 game '02 season got him the division in a tiebreaker when the Jets, Dolphins & Patriots beat the living hell out of each other that season and ended up in a 3 way tie for 1st at 9-7. Since then, Chad has gotten no closer than 2 games for even a TIE for 1st place. This year will be no different, sorry to say, as much as I'd love to see it happen.

Chad Pennington's fluke of a 12 game '02 season got him the division in a tiebreaker when the Jets, Dolphins & Patriots beat the living hell out of each other that season and ended up in a 3 way tie for 1st at 9-7. Since then, Chad has gotten no closer than 2 games for even a TIE for 1st place. This year will be no different, sorry to say, as much as I'd love to see it happen.

But he sat for a year or two before he took over the reigns just like your recipe called for. Is he not destined for greatness?

But he sat for a year or two before he took over the reigns just like your recipe called for. Is he not destined for greatness?

Not all the time. I never said it was the recipe for greatness 100% of the time now did I?

Maybe this has been addressed by the anti-Chad guys -- if not please answer this for me.

If Mangini selects Chad to start this season, is that the wrong move? Is it a bad move by Mangini? Curious to hear your thoughts.

Maybe this has been addressed by the anti-Chad guys -- if not please answer this for me.

If Mangini selects Chad to start this season, is that the wrong move? Is it a bad move by Mangini? Curious to hear your thoughts.

The only way it could be a bad move would be if Chad is not the best player at his position. Mangini will play the best player at each position. This is not a get better and learn from our mistakes season; this is a win now year.

If Chad outplays Kellen in camp by a wide margin it is not the wrong move to start him week 1.

But if Kellen is throwing darts all over the field in camp, looking like a stud, has a great preseason and Chad still starts the first few games of the season, then I do think it is a mistake.

And if Chad plays like he did last year, then it is certainly a mistake if Kellen never saw extended game(s) experience. At some point, the kid is gonna play.

We know what we have with Chad. It is not good enough. And I do not trust any HC to pull the plug on a starting QB, even if he's a "mangenius". The risk/reward factor for pulling Chad in 2007 is not a good one for PR or the team, but it is potentially more rewarding for 2008 and beyond, and that is all that really matters.

The Future QB? We dont know who it is.

Start Brad Smith and this team will go places.

I sort of feel like Im cheating on Chad when I have those thoughts... but I love the idea of Brad Smith at QB.... lol... even if it makes no logical sense... :lol:

Archived