Chad won 10 games last year... Yet Jet fans say he can never win 12 in a season?

Give me a break. Im gonna make this short and sweet and leave it open for debate.

Cupcake teams? No game in the NFL is a "Easy Game" When each team, coach, and players are trying to win. And no game in the "AFC East" Is cupcake, just go ask the Pats each and every time they play the Dolphins.

-Chad had 2 rookies on the O-Line in Brick and Mangold. And we still did not have the "Greatest O-Line" and still won 10 games and made the playoffs.

-Chad was coming back from 2 SERIOUS injurys to his throwing shoulder, some said he would not last the Pre-Season, some said he would not last 4 games, most said Kellen would be the starter by week 12...

-The man showed heart, made the playoffs, and beat the odds. Give credit where credit is due. He did all of this while playing under a rookie coach, a new "Go 2 WR in Cotch" a new OC which goes along with a whole new playbook and brand new system.

-Our D was not great in it's first year running the 3-4

- Chad Pennington had great running backs in Barlow, Blaylock, and Houston... Next season its the Thomas Jones-Leon Washington show.

Some believe Chad can never win over 10 games... I believe we would have went 4-12 again last season without Chad. This QB is a winner. It's not his fault Herm was the coach most of his career

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Give me a break. Im gonna make this short and sweet and leave it open for debate.

Cupcake teams? No game in the NFL is a "Easy Game" When each team, coach, and players are trying to win. And no game in the "AFC East" Is cupcake, just go ask the Pats each and every time they play the Dolphins.

-Chad had 2 rookies on the O-Line in Brick and Mangold. And we still did not have the "Greatest O-Line" and still won 10 games and made the playoffs.

-Chad was coming back from 2 SERIOUS injurys to his throwing shoulder, some said he would not last the Pre-Season, some said he would not last 4 games, most said Kellen would be the starter by week 12...

-The man showed heart, made the playoffs, and beat the odds. Give credit where credit is due. He did all of this while playing under a rookie coach, a new "Go 2 WR in Cotch" a new OC which goes along with a whole new playbook and brand new system.

- Chad Pennington had great running backs in Barlow, Blaylock, and Houston... Next season its the Thomas Jones-Leon Washington show.

Some believe Chad can never win over 10 games... I believe we would have went 4-12 again last season without Chad. This QB is a winner. It's not his fault Herm was the coach most of his career

It is called a cupcake schedule.

Both the Patriots and Jets benefited from it.

no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!! no more chad debates!!!

It is called a cupcake schedule.

Both the Patriots and Jets benefited from it.

LMAO...

We should have been the "Cup-Cake team" for other teams... We beat the odds.

Blaylock and Barlow... Some running backs huh? They were "Cupcake" RB's for opposing teams.

Chad Pennington... The "Noodle Arm QB" Should have been a Cupcake offense for any Defense to defend.

We were the comeback team of the year last season... We should have went 3-13... But we are a GOOD TEAM. And you will see this season.

Ok... We made the playoffs last season because of a Cupcake road to the playoffs... I can agree with that.

The Patriots won each and every superbowl after the 9/11 attacks because they were now "Americas" team... And the refs were the ones who gave them the superbowl. Thats how I see it.

Therefore it must be so.

Chad sucks. He's an injury-prone, weak-armed player in a strong-armed league. He had more turnovers than touchdowns for the 3rd time in the last 4 years. He panics under pressure & chucks the ball up like a clueless rookie in most of those situations. He puts his own players in danger with his floaters that give the defense plenty of time to react. He is the reason we don't utilize a TE more. He's consistently put up mostly mediocre passing numbers & a toothless passing attack despite playing with some serious talent at WR since coming into the league.

He sells the play-action better than anyone currently in the league. I'll give him that. But otherwise...if he was playing for the Lions for the past 5 years, not one person here would wish he was our QB.

Therefore it must be so.

Chad sucks. He's an injury-prone, weak-armed player in a strong-armed league. He had more turnovers than touchdowns for the 3rd time in the last 4 years. He panics under pressure & chucks the ball up like a clueless rookie in most of those situations. He puts his own players in danger with his floaters that give the defense plenty of time to react. He is the reason we don't utilize a TE more. He's consistently put up mostly mediocre passing numbers & a toothless passing attack despite playing with some serious talent at WR since coming into the league.

He sells the play-action better than anyone currently in the league. I'll give him that. But otherwise...if he was playing for the Lions for the past 5 years, not one person here would wish he was our QB.

LOL, I bet you were one of the same posters saying Chad would not make it a full season (Because he is so injury Prone) let along make the playoffs...

Me on the other hand... Had faith that Chad could last a full 16 games, and if he did... I knew we would make the playoffs.

LMAO...

Blaylock and Barlow... Some running backs huh? They were "Cupcake" RB's for opposing teams.

Chad Pennington... The "Noodle Arm QB" Should have been a Cupcake offense for any Defense to defend.

We were the comeback team of the year last season... We should have went 3-13... But we are a GOOD TEAM. And you will see this season.

Ok... We made the playoffs last season because of a Cupcake road to the playoffs... I can agree with that.

The Patriots won each and every superbowl after the 9/11 attacks because they were now "Americas" team... And the refs were the ones who gave them the superbowl. Thats how I see it.

The Patriots won two Super Bowls with Antowain Smith as the feature back.

I don't see where you are coming from with the "Americas Team" BS. Outside of New England every hates the Patriots.

I don't disagree that the Jets are a good team, but until they do something about Chad, DRob and Vilma they will not do much in the playoffs.

LOL, I bet you were one of the same posters saying Chad would not make it a full season (Because he is so injury Prone) let along make the playoffs...

Me on the other hand... Had faith that Chad could last a full 16 games, and if he did... I knew we would make the playoffs.

Playing a full season is now an accomplishment worthy of praise?

You must think Jon Kitna is awesome; he's done it THREE times.

You have been bashing Chad since as long as I could remember.

You were the same poster talking about how Chad would be CUT before last season.

You were the same poster talking about NO WAY THE JETS STAY AT #4 and pick a lineman...

You were the same poster who thought we would franchise ABE...

You dont know everything pal... And about Pennington being a looser, you are wrong.

Keep on bashing him... you will never eat your crow, so what you say about Chad means nothing to me.

I suggest you watch Chad's "performance" last season in the playoff game. He couldn't get it done on numerous occasions when the Jets had 1st downs in the redzone.

Before you even mention it, the 77 yard TD was all Cotchery, as Chad threw that ball 15-20 yards max.

LMAO...

No you had good coaching.

The jets benefited from a soft schedule. You beat one winning team (Patriots) and two 8-8 teams. If Chad is again 3-5 against winning teams again this year, the Jets will be lucky to break .500.

You were the same poster talking about how Chad would be CUT before last season.

You were the same poster talking about NO WAY THE JETS STAY AT #4 and pick a lineman...

You dont know everything pal... And about Pennington being a looser, you are wrong.

Keep on bashing him... you will never eat your crow, so what you say about Chad means nothing to me.

Who are you even arguing with? The Jets did franchise Abe. Remember? I like Pennington. FWIW, I actually think Kitna is okay too. I'm not big on change for the sake of change. I think Pennington played fairly well last year and I don't think we should switch unless he sucks or Clemens looks very good in practice/preseason, but I don't have a hate on for everybody that wants a better qb.

Actually there was a time I once thought Chad had the "it" factor. Then we played the Raiders in the playoffs in the '02 season. Then he got injured the first time. (The first "fluke" injury). Then he was never really the lights-out QB again. A couple of flashes here & there. But more injuries than flashes of greatness.

If Chad couldn't throw he would have been cut. At the time writers were saying he wouldn't be able to throw again. They were only partially correct it seems.

I don't have the slightest clue where you are getting this from. I had a potw that showed how overjoyed I was that I had absolutely no clue what the Jets would do. I defy you to find a post of mine that says there is absolutely no way the Jets go OL at #4 in the '06 draft. You're just making stuff up now.

The Jets did franchise Abraham. And traded him. Like I thought they would. Like they should have. Like they did.

And Pennington is a loser vs good teams. I'm glad you get all wet when he beats the Lions & Raiders & Packers & Vikings. We will not play teams of their level in the playoffs.

As much as you curse Herm (and he should be cursed by all), he did not hold Chad back at all. Herm hired & kept the one OC that could make Pennington look like a top QB statistically.

Are there worse QB's? Of course. Plenty. But there is a LOT of room for improvement at the position. His weak arm is quite a handicap for an offense unless you're playing the league's worst.

DWC: Chad has not won more than 10 games ever. The last time the Jets won 11 or more games was in 1998.

Chad played good enough to win 11 games last season, if not for the D blowing the game (2 times) in the 4th Q to the Colts we would have won 11... Chad played good enough 2 beat the SB Champs, our D failed.

We could have won 12 games if not for the refs screwing us out of a W vs the brows...

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda... DIDNT.

Chad gives this Jets team a chance to win each week.

Chad played good enough to win 11 games last season, if not for the D blowing the game (2 times) in the 4th Q to the Colts we would have won 11... Chad played good enough 2 beat the SB Champs, our D failed.

We could have won 12 games if not for the refs screwing us out of a W vs the brows...

Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda... DIDNT.

Chad gives this Jets team a chance to win each week.

When did the D blow a couple of games?

When did Chad bring the Jets back from a 4th qtr deficit?

So Chad wins 10 games in a season for ONCE and starts an entire season for ONCE (at the age of 30, he is now 31 mind you) and now you want us to believe Penny Boy Wonder will lead the Jets to 11-5 or 12-4 in '07? Step back away from the drugs. Seriously, it isn't even weed with you anymore, its gotta be H & C.

Here's a little nugget of a fact:

Chad has never lead the Jets to victory when down by 8 or more points against a team with a .500 record or better.

Translation: Chad sucks vs winning teams. His 7-16 record vs winning teams speaks for itself.

We will never win a superbowl with him.

This is really kind of pointless. Nobody is going to change their minds, and all it does is lead to needless arguments and flames between people. Mangini is the one making the decisions, and since the only QB signing we had this offseason was freaking Tui, he must not think Chad limits the offense, or that he can find a better option. Clemens is NOT the answer, the guy is an absolutely terrible draft pick and I do not want him QBing for the NY Jets. Chad has clearly beaten out Clemens, and you can argue that shouldn't mean anything, but Ramsey beat him out last year, and now I'm certain Tui is going to beat him out this year. If anyone needs to get cut it's Helen.

This is kinda like 83. Dolphins get Marino, Bills get Kelly, and I forget the other QBs, but we got who, O'Brien or something? Same thing is going to happen out of the '06 draft. I don't even like Leinart, but he'll probably be okay. But we have freaking Clemens who will do nothing.

You guys should be glad Chad finished a season and we at least have him. Clemens is absolutely going to make Chad look like a pro bowler.

Chad sucks, this thread sucks... moving on...

Just accept the fact that your big eared, albino, receding hairline, biscuit n gravy eating, noodle arm hero is a pathetic excuse of an NFL starting QB.

God, I cannot wait until Chad is off this team. CAN'T WAIT!

The D blew games many times last season... And Chad brang the Jets back from a 4th qtr deficit at least two times that I can remember from last season. 1) Jets vs. Dolphins at Miami on MNF. And 2) Jets vs. Browns at CLE. (Even though the ref screwed him(us) out of that comeback.

chad will never win a superbowl

Oh, I wish people would just shut up about what Chad will, can, wont, or cant do. Personell decisions are in the coaches control, not ours. We're fans and our 'job' is to support our team. If you don't believe in your starting QB, you don't belive in the coaches and you don't believe in the team (which makes it hard to support them). No, Pennington is not a top 5 QB and never will be. He'll probably never win an MVP award or make a Pro Bowl. But what difference does it make? Obviously the coaches feel that he's the best we have and I have to trust them. I don't know about you all, but I'm going to stop making all this fuss over Chad Pennington and what he's capable of doing and just enjoy the season and support my team. You're all welcome to join me....

TEAM JETS

This is really kind of pointless. Nobody is going to change their minds, and all it does is lead to needless arguments and flames between people. Mangini is the one making the decisions, and since the only QB signing we had this offseason was freaking Tui, he must not think Chad limits the offense, or that he can find a better option. Clemens is NOT the answer, the guy is an absolutely terrible draft pick and I do not want him QBing for the NY Jets. Chad has clearly beaten out Clemens, and you can argue that shouldn't mean anything, but Ramsey beat him out last year, and now I'm certain Tui is going to beat him out this year. If anyone needs to get cut it's Helen.

This is kinda like 83. Dolphins get Marino, Bills get Kelly, and I forget the other QBs, but we got who, O'Brien or something? Same thing is going to happen out of the '06 draft. I don't even like Leinart, but he'll probably be okay. But we have freaking Clemens who will do nothing.

You guys should be glad Chad finished a season and we at least have him. Clemens is absolutely going to make Chad look like a pro bowler.

Serphnx I've read this board for a long time and I really like you as a poster, but this argument (and every other Kellen haters argument) is so out of whack it is completely unreal. When Barton, 124, or whoever criticize Chad, atleast their argument is based off of history. KC has zero history. None. So what makes him a surefire bust? There is nothing to base that, or his super-stardom-to-be, off of. I'm not sure if KC will be good, I'm not sure if he will be bad. But thats why he needs to play, so he can create his own history and hence we can judge him the same way we judge Chad.

Serphnx I've read this board for a long time and I really like you as a poster, but this argument (and every other Kellen haters argument) is so out of whack it is completely unreal. When Barton, 124, or whoever criticize Chad, atleast their argument is based off of history. KC has zero history. None. So what makes him a surefire bust? There is nothing to base that, or his super-stardom-to-be, off of. I'm not sure if KC will be good, I'm not sure if he will be bad. But thats why he needs to play, so he can create his own history and hence we can judge him the same way we judge Chad.

If he cant secure a backup spot from an already known complete bust in Tuiasasopo, thats plenty evidence that so far, hes been a bust.

If he cant secure a backup spot from an already known complete bust in Tuiasasopo, thats plenty evidence that so far, hes been a bust.

You got it...

There is evidence in the fact that he could not hold down the backup spot last seaosn... or even this season against poor competition...

You got it...

There is evidence in the fact that he could not hold down the backup spot last seaosn... or even this season against poor competition...

Exactly. So far it seems that he has been losing the compettition for the backup spot. Hopefully he can turn it around in Training Camp and maybe even give Chad a run for his money...

You got it...

Well then I'm sorry I must have missed the thread or news article that stated KC would be the third QB this year? Did that happen? Or is it all a media circle-jerk because nobody has seen a Jets practice yet and they need something to talk about.

Well then I'm sorry I must have missed the thread or news article that stated KC would be the third QB this year? Did that happen? Or is it all a media circle-jerk because nobody has seen a Jets practice yet and they need something to talk about.

Reporters have seen practice... and they all said Tui was actually looking good while Clemens passes were not looking pretty... basically saying Chad has the #1 spot... and its a battle for the #2 spot...

Archived