The Official Parking Is Gonna Suck Thread

Maxman

Yes we have talked about it before. Yes we have had threads on it. But we needed an official rant. I went to a concert at the Meadowlands recently and was reminded of how much it is all going to suck.

Let's just say very much. These shuttle buses are going to be interesting. A bunch of drunk fans getting on a bus. Great idea. Can you imagine doing that with kids? Oh my.

But hey when it is all done we get to pay more to watch games in the same place. So it is only a minor inconvience, lol.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a preliminary option to try to car-pool with some others that have a parking pass-thanks Joisey for that but it will be lousy and I will lose the freedom to come when I want and leave when I want.

The war vehicle transports up to 10 people and will not be fazed by the parking situation. So I don't care about that.

What I think will happen though is a decrease to an already LAME kickoff attendance. That's the one thing that bothers me most and I will rant about anyday about Jet games. People not getting in the damn stadium for kickoff. I remember on JI a few years ago a quote from "Jetgirl" that summed it up: "As long as there are beers in the cooler and dogs on the grill, the game can wait!". Okay. Maybe for people who use Jet games as purely social gatherings. F that. If the Jets and the game that day aren't your primary focus, you shouldn't be there purporting yourself to be a "fan." GRRRR.

So yes, in that respect, the parking will suck.

those of us wait list people are screwed... it is hard to want to go to the games when they make it so tough. so i have to drive over 2 hours, park in a satilite lot, hope to get a bus that gets my to the stadium and then wait in line on the way out for the bus back...OY! this will add a good hour or two to my trip...

of course i could pay a scalper thru the nose for a parking pass.

those of us wait list people are screwed... it is hard to want to go to the games when they make it so tough. so i have to drive over 2 hours, park in a satilite lot, hope to get a bus that gets my to the stadium and then wait in line on the way out for the bus back...OY! this will add a good hour or two to my trip...

of course i could pay a scalper thru the nose for a parking pass.

Bumbelina!!! Guess what? I think I may have my mitts on a Parking pass. Yup, me the Pats fan. It's all in who you know, you know? ;)

I'll pm the details. I'd say the possibility stands at 60% right now.

Bumbelina!!! Guess what? I think I may have my mitts on a Parking pass. Yup, me the Pats fan. It's all in who you know, you know? ;)

I'll pm the details. I'd say the possibility stands at 60% right now.

I wonder how much he will mark this price up. Some friends you have. If that is what someone has to do to be rich (screw their friends over) I will pass.

Just read the thread. Gotta tell ya, that's gotta suck big time. Deal with traffic to the stadium. Pay for parking OFF SITE. then hop on a bus like a sardine with a bunch of other drunks. ...and btw, you just know the air condition will be broken for the September games so it will be hot, stinky, and packed. Then get to the stadium and wait even longer to get in because more people are arriving around the same time. Then repeat process for return trip. Only this trip will be far worse as fans are still drunk and are now pissed off because they lost and some por little Dolphins or Pats fan is getting the shizzle kicked out of him by angry mob of Jets fans. And it smells worse in the bus now because everyone's been baking in the hot sun for over 3 hours now. You also just know someone's gonna release some sort of bodily waste........whether it be vomit or whatever. Wow. Enjoy your games guys.....

Just read the thread. Gotta tell ya, that's gotta suck big time. Deal with traffic to the stadium. Pay for parking OFF SITE. then hop on a bus like a sardine with a bunch of other drunks. ...and btw, you just know the air condition will be broken for the September games so it will be hot, stinky, and packed. Then get to the stadium and wait even longer to get in because more people are arriving around the same time. Then repeat process for return trip. Only this trip will be far worse as fans are still drunk and are now pissed off because they lost and some por little Dolphins or Pats fan is getting the shizzle kicked out of him by angry mob of Jets fans. And it smells worse in the bus now because everyone's been baking in the hot sun for over 3 hours now. You also just know someone's gonna release some sort of bodily waste........whether it be vomit or whatever. Wow. Enjoy your games guys.....

You don't have to worry about any of that stuff at a Dolphins game since they never sell out and the place is always half empty. Lucky you.

The war vehicle transports up to 10 people and will not be fazed by the parking situation. So I don't care about that.

What I think will happen though is a decrease to an already LAME kickoff attendance. That's the one thing that bothers me most and I will rant about anyday about Jet games. People not getting in the damn stadium for kickoff. I remember on JI a few years ago a quote from "Jetgirl" that summed it up: "As long as there are beers in the cooler and dogs on the grill, the game can wait!". Okay. Maybe for people who use Jet games as purely social gatherings. F that. If the Jets and the game that day aren't your primary focus, you shouldn't be there purporting yourself to be a "fan." GRRRR.

So yes, in that respect, the parking will suck.

Im usually one of the few people that are in there during warm ups... lol...

I cant stand people who come strolling in on the 2nd series...

It wouldn't matter for you either way. You wouldn't be allowed to go even if you rooted for the Jets. hahaha!

Sometimes you just aren't funny, Thor. Strike that. Most of the time you just aren't funny, Thor.

Great sig pic, btw. Kudos for posting it.

Tell the truth, I'm never funny. It's part of my charm.

Can you believe that Max called that sweet young lady a hooker?

max was totally jealous.. i was there when he mentioned that.

the question i have.. is how you get her to stay with you? ;)

j/k :love0038:

max was totally jealous.. i was there when he mentioned that.

the question i have.. is how you get her to stay with you? ;)

j/k :love0038:

Lowered expectations.

Actually, if you get them really young, they don't know any better.

Max misses you, it's pure jealousy.

Awe, you called her a sweet young lady. You must be totally smitten. I love that. Love when a man is smitten. It's cute....like a little lab puppy kind of cute.

Over the last couple yrs the jets have really started to stick it to their fans...sad really. Considering we haven't won a god damn thing.

Woody Johnson is looking to turn a profit...not win a Superbowl.

Little does he know that winning a superbowl would increase profits...

FWIW I think he is trying... bringing in Mangini was a high risk high reward option... he could have brought in a Herm Edwards type that gets the JETS enough wins to shut most people up every year and move on...

Your nuts though if you think Woody doesnt want ticket sales from a home playoff game... he wants the JETs to win, trust me... it will make him even richer...

Little does he know that winning a superbowl would increase profits...

FWIW I think he is trying... bringing in Mangini was a high risk high reward option... he could have brought in a Herm Edwards type that gets the JETS enough wins to shut most people up every year and move on...

Your nuts though if you think Woody doesnt want ticket sales from a home playoff game... he wants the JETs to win, trust me... it will make him even richer...

I know he wants the Jets to win...but I believe he is happy as long as he is making money. Don't blame the guy...but he is a business man first and a fan of the game 2nd. Then again look at Dan Snyder.....Football fan with money and he is doing everything the fans want...look at the mess he has in Washington.

Yes we have talked about it before. Yes we have had threads on it. But we needed an official rant. I went to a concert at the Meadowlands recently and was reminded of how much it is all going to suck.

Let's just say very much. These shuttle buses are going to be interesting. A bunch of drunk fans getting on a bus. Great idea. Can you imagine doing that with kids? Oh my.

But hey when it is all done we get to pay more to watch games in the same place. So it is only a minor inconvience, lol.

not ideal but could be a little fun. the subway to the stadium is usually fun as **** during eagles game.

not ideal but could be a little fun. the subway to the stadium is usually fun as **** during eagles game.

I cringe when i have to take the bus from the parking lot now...There are always guys who are drunk and cursing in front of little kids.

I cringe when i have to take the bus from the parking lot now...There are always guys who are drunk and cursing in front of little kids.

All I know is that my attendance at the Jets/Pats home opener, in Stinky NJ, is contingent on my ability to get there via automobile. None of this bus stuff. Can you imagine how hard it would be to fit my horse in one of those?

...there goes the parking pass now.....:)

The worst part is you have to go into the Stadium and watch teams like Buffalo and Miami after putting up with the parking mess.

the shuttle rides will be a complete disaster between the fights, the drunks and the complainers. As a season ticket holder this is pretty simple..get a pass and get there early and there are no problems..for those of you who arrive at the game at 11am or 2pm for 4 o clock games best of luck sitting in ridiculous amounts of traffic. As for Woody, it is no secret that since he has been here this has all been about the money.

He was so off base on that call.

(I met you on opening day last year, wasn't it?) I didnt think that about her at all. Seriously. He must have been out of his mind with all the jello shots, hot sun and milfs walking around.

(I met you on opening day last year, wasn't it?) I didnt think that about her at all. Seriously. He must have been out of his mind with all the jello shots, hot sun and milfs walking around.

Wait a minute. That is TOTALLY out of line.

I didn't do any jello shots! :smilies2_puke:

Yes, it was that game.

To be fair, he was trying to take a shot at me by asking how much I had to pay her to hang out with me.

My response was, "Did you just call my girlfriend a hooker?"

Yes, it was that game.

To be fair, he was trying to take a shot at me by asking how much I had to pay her to hang out with me.

My response was, "Did you just call my girlfriend a hooker?"

I was worried about your funds. I mean look at your picture. After investing in all that hair "product" you really must not have much disposable income left over!

:Nuts:

Archived