Attention all Met/Sox Coalition Members...

Jet/BosoxFan

I have to say, I actually ROOT for the Mets now that my wife is the only Mets fan I come into contact with. It was a lot harder to root for them when dealing with people explaining how Ordonez and his .189 BA were actually better than Jeter. Of course batting average is a 1930's stat, so I suppose they were probably right...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thor, honestly, that doesn't even make the least bit of sense.

What exactly does Jinxy do besides embarass himself and all the other Sox fans on JN on a daily basis?

Easy to bait. Pretty simple actually. He gets all of you up in arms so easily.

Up in arms? Whose up in arms? I'm just lmao at his delusions of grandeur.

No one has any proof that Jet/Bosox is a fan of the Red Sox or Jets. He's here to stir the pot.

I don't reply directly to his posts anymore as it's futile.

No one has any proof that Jet/Bosox is a fan of the Red Sox or Jets. He's here to stir the pot.

I don't reply directly to his posts anymore as it's futile.

That's probably a good idea. Sometimes Jinxy's delusions are just too funny not to reply too.

Wait you are celebrating ARod's departure? You have stated that you wanted him to stay because he is a jinx. Which one is it?

I do want Slappy to stay in New York, I'll be very sad when he leaves, which almost looks like its destined to happen.

I dont believe that Alex Rodriguez, with his infinite talent/athleticism is jinxed. Jinxes as we know only too well thanks to JonEJinx, hold power to affect the outcomes of events involving other people's performances, usually negatively. Thus, jinxes have some power.

Slappy is cursed, meaning he is powerless to help himself or his team in any way. For whatever reason (his greed, arrogance, negative aura) the baseball gods hate him passionately. He cannot win in New York. Yankee fans hate him, even though he is straight up UNCONSCIOUS this year. Yankee fans will never be in his corner.

The Mariners and Rangers both got better the MINUTE he left!!! The rest is history. I only fear that the Yankees will get better once he leaves and I need him to retire a Yankee.

On the surface, some disingenuously phony Yankee fans are extolling A-rod's virtues this year. Yes, they are the same front-runners that will soon abandon the Yankees as they've abandoned the Cowboys, Bulls, and 49ers, but it doesnt make their actions any less puke-inducing, especially when they go to bat for Slappy.

Dude, nobody cares.

PS- Stop addressing me.

:rl: Your constant replys indicate that you DO care. Just ignore him if he bothers you that much. I believe he also said he was addressing JF80 and not you so again just ignore.

I do want Slappy to stay in New York, I'll be very sad when he leaves, which almost looks like its destined to happen.

I dont believe that Alex Rodriguez, with his infinite talent/athleticism is jinxed. Jinxes as we know only too well thanks to JonEJinx, hold power to affect the outcomes of events involving other people's performances, usually negatively. Thus, jinxes have some power.

Slappy is cursed, meaning he is powerless to help himself or his team in any way. For whatever reason (his greed, arrogance, negative aura) the baseball gods hate him passionately. He cannot win in New York. Yankee fans hate him, even though he is straight up UNCONSCIOUS this year. Yankee fans will never be in his corner.

The Mariners and Rangers both got better the MINUTE he left!!! The rest is history. I only fear that the Yankees will get better once he leaves and I need him to retire a Yankee.

On the surface, some disingenuously phony Yankee fans are extolling A-rod's virtues this year. Yes, they are the same front-runners that will soon abandon the Yankees as they've abandoned the Cowboys, Bulls, and 49ers, but it doesnt make their actions any less puke-inducing, especially when they go to bat for Slappy.

:biggrin: Funny stuff.

Nobody likes you.

:)

Look in the mirror.

It's admirable though that you have the balls to come back after all that whining and crying you did before you left last time.

Oooh I can't wait to be called a frat boy again. Ohh the pain!

Look in the mirror.

It's admirable though that you have the balls to come back after all that whining and crying you did before you left last time.

Oooh I can't wait to be called a frat boy again. Ohh the pain!

First of all, get over it.

Second of all, stop telling people what they can and can't do. You're like a washroom hen.

3rd of all, sorry for blasting you. You're a good kid, and you didn't deserve that.

A little background-

I've been on 4 continents, traveled all around the world, served 6 years in the USN, drove an 18 wheeler all over the USA, lived in 5 states, put myself through college, have mixed and mingled with every single regional, ethnic, religious demographic known to man, and I've studied world religions, economics, martial arts, music, painting, and aeronautics.

In a word, I'm what you call a Renaissance Man.

I've been a around, Chuck. I'm worldly.

I'm not about to sit back and take any crap from some provincial wigger who's entire life experiences are high school in suburbia, a part time job at Blockbuster, and a few semesters in college- all paid for by mom and pop. I have nothing but contempt for you. Never mind walking a mile in my shoes, you couldn't make it around the block if I dragged you. And you deign yourself to lecture me? Are you nuts?

You don't know sh*t. You are the product of convenience. You always will be. Go look up the lyrics to Subdivisions by Rush, then take a look in your own mirror.

Second of all, stop telling people what they can and can't do. You're like a washroom hen.

3rd of all, sorry for blasting you. You're a good kid, and you didn't deserve that.

A little background-

I've been on 4 continents, traveled all around the world, served 6 years in the USN, drove an 18 wheeler all over the USA, lived in 5 states, put myself through college, have mixed and mingled with every single regional, ethnic, religious demographic known to man, and I've studied world religions, economics, martial arts, music, painting, and aeronautics.

I'm not about to sit back and take any crap from some provincial wigger who's entire life experiences are high school in suburbia, a part time job at Blockbuster, and a few semesters in college- all paid for by mom and pop. I have nothing but contempt for you. Never mind walking a mile in my shoes, you couldn't make it around the block if I dragged you. And you deign yourself to lecture me? Are you nuts?

You don't know sh*t. You are the product of convenience. You always will be. Go look up the lyrics to Subdivisions by Rush, then take a look in your own mirror.

Hear, Hear.

Words of wisdom from a man whose opinion I endear, and whose life experiences we can all learn from.

The coalition of youngsters on this site who feel that they can tell everyone how to think, what to think, all the while not letting anyone have an opinion of their own is alarming. It isn't a majority, but it is tiresome.

A little background-

pancake_bunny.jpg

That had nothing to do with what you 2 were talking about.

Hear, Hear.

Words of wisdom from a man whose opinion I endear, and whose life experiences we can all learn from.

The coalition of youngsters on this site who feel that they can tell everyone how to think, what to think, all the while not letting anyone have an opinion of their own is alarming. It isn't a majority, but it is tiresome.

You know what it is, Scott? These kids know nothing about the concept of respect for elders. That was hardwired into you and I, growing up.

I got out of line, I got a beating. And when I got home, my father would ask who gave you the black eye? And then you'd explain what happened and then you'd get another smack because you deserved it.

Today? They call a cop and get a lawyer, instead of thanking the guy for straightening their kid out and teaching him a lesson.

Mase is a nice good, don't get me wrong. But what has he ever done in his short, sheltered life that gives him the idea that he can talk to me about having a set of balls? There's a fine line between fear and courage, and I can tell you at every checkpoint along the way, I didn't run and hide. I cleared every hurdle along the way. My girlfriend got pregnant, I didn't run away like the punk*ass ghetto trash these kids today hero-worship in hip-hop. That's their yardstick to measure manhood? Bling? And all the while punks like Tupac are the first ones on their hands and knees when they hit general population.

I walked off a job that I was specifically placed on by the president of the strongest teamster local in NJ. Maybe that was more stupidity than balls, but I stood on principle and faced the consequences. I've stood up to people who have killed people and they know where I live. I've driven a tractor trailer to Texas and back, and loaded freight in the worst parts of Indianapolis and Dallas.

These kids on the board would wet their pants if they any of that and they want to tell me I got no balls.

:Typotux:

You know what it is, Scott? These kids know nothing about the concept of respect for elders. That was hardwired into you and I, growing up.

I got out of line, I got a beating. And when I got home, my father would ask who gave you the black eye? And then you'd explain what happened and then you'd get another smack because you deserved it.

Today? They call a cop and get a lawyer, instead of thanking the guy for straightening their kid out and teaching him a lesson.

Mase is a nice good, don't get me wrong. But what has he ever done in his short, sheltered life that gives him the idea that he can talk to me about having a set of balls? There's a fine line between fear and courage, and I can tell you at every checkpoint along the way, I didn't run and hide. I cleared every hurdle along the way. My girlfriend got pregnant, I didn't run away like the punk*ass ghetto trash these kids today hero-worship in hip-hop. That's their yardstick to measure manhood? Bling? And all the while punks like Tupac are the first ones on their hands and knees when they hit general population.

I walked off a job that I was specifically placed on by the president of the strongest teamster local in NJ. Maybe that was more stupidity than balls, but I stood on principle and faced the consequences. I've stood up to people who have killed people and they know where I live. I've driven a tractor trailer to Texas and back, and loaded freight in the worst parts of Indianapolis and Dallas.

These kids on the board would wet their pants if they any of that and they want to tell me I got no balls.

:Typotux:

I hate being the old codger here, but you have a point.

I hate, hate, hate saying this, but it is getting to the point of what I have you guys refer to as the "old country" here.

The calling out of whose posts I like, whose I hate (only because they rail against the team I like), and one poster blatantantly calling others "idiots", just because he can't form an opinion of his own with "experts" telling him it is so.

There is no Utopian society, and you have to be understanding that others come from a place that is different than yours, but this getting beyond that point.

I will stop now.

I hate, hate, hate saying this, but it is getting to the point of what I have you guys refer to as the "old country" here.

The calling out of whose posts I like, whose I hate (only because they rail against the team I like), and one poster blatantantly calling others "idiots", just because he can't form an opinion of his own with "experts" telling him it is so.

There is no Utopian society, and you have to be understanding that others come from a place that is different than yours, but this getting beyond that point.

I will stop now.

Can you pat yourself on the back any more?

I will stop now.

Good, you should stop here, because unlike JetMoses who is actually offering a viewpoint based on solid information about himself, you're simply using this thread (as usual) to push your own agenda against other posters. You didn't like a post that I half-jokingly made about posters who nitpick and argue around here, from ALL SIDES. Big deal. That has nothing to do with this thread.

I believe strongly in respect. I have been raised in a way that has programmed me to respect people in all arenas of life. But I also believe that respect is a two-way street. You can't just go around pissing on people because they're younger than you are, and because you claim to have some kind of higher, infallible knowledge.

As far as this thread goes, I understand what JetMoses is saying, even though I think he also would agree with me about respect being a two way street. As for you Dierking, you're just stirring the **** again.

Good, you should stop here, because unlike JetMoses who is actually offering a viewpoint based on solid information about himself, you're simply using this thread (as usual) to push your own agenda against other posters. You didn't like a post that I half-jokingly made about posters who nitpick and argue around here, from ALL SIDES. Big deal. That has nothing to do with this thread.

I believe strongly in respect. I have been raised in a way that has programmed me to respect people in all arenas of life. But I also believe that respect is a two-way street. You can't just go around pissing on people because they're younger than you are, and because you claim to have some kind of higher, infallible knowledge.

As far as this thread goes, I understand what JetMoses is saying, even though I think he also would agree with me about respect being a two way street. As for you Dierking, you're just stirring the **** again.

I would say anybody who claims to have "infallable" knowledge is a LARGE LARGE part of the proble.

80-Just go back to making lists of posters you like and don't like and publishing, that shows A LOT of respect. You are right.

I would say anybody who claims to have "infallable" knowledge is a LARGE LARGE part of the proble.

80-Just go back to making lists of posters you like and don't like and publishing, that shows A LOT of respect. You are right.

Right, and there are times when a lot of people would put you in said category.

BTW, if you're going to recall events, you should recall them accurately (not that it'll prove your point any better, anyway). The "list" I made was a list of people who argue daily to dead ends in the baseball forum. It was clearly not a "list of posters I don't like".

Never mind, I'm wasting finger strength.

Right, and there are times when a lot of people would put you in said category.

BTW, if you're going to recall events, you should recall them accurately (not that it'll prove your point any better, anyway). The "list" I made was a list of people who argue daily to dead ends in the baseball forum. It was clearly not a "list of posters I don't like".

Never mind, I'm wasting finger strength.

Isn't that part of this board, debating points?

Who made you the forum police. If you don't like something or someone, point them on ignore or don't read theri posts.

I am wrong many. many times, I can admit that. More often than that. I am also opinionated.

I am sorry if you have a problem with that.

Isn't that part of this board, debating points?

Who made you the forum police. If you don't like something or someone, point them on ignore or don't read theri posts.

I am wrong many. many times, I can admit that. More often than that. I am also opinionated.

I am sorry if you have a problem with that.

Dude, I don't have a problem with ANYONE who is opinionated. As a matter of fact, I have a problem with people who aren't. Which is why the "list" in question was simply a list of those who argue to dead ends, and not a list of people I don't like. As far as the baseball forum goes, you know as well as I do that this is what the entire forum as unfurled into. We get to have quality baseball discussion in something like 10% of threads these days!

Dude, I don't have a problem with ANYONE who is opinionated. As a matter of fact, I have a problem with people who aren't. Which is why the "list" in question was simply a list of those who argue to dead ends, and not a list of people I don't like. As far as the baseball forum goes, you know as well as I do that this is what the entire forum as unfurled into. We get to have quality baseball discussion in something like 10% of threads these days!

Why do you feel the need to rate what is "quality" and what is not "quality". It is all a matter of opinion.

Some of the debats that MM and I have had have been VERY baseball related. As fact, the majority are, It is too bad that he doesw not have the etiquette of a debate. It would make his points somewhat more salient and teh debate more entertaining.

Sorry if I have a problem isth other posters calling others "idiots", or making lists of what is good, and not good about posters.

Make it about th ematerial presnted, not th epeople presenting the material. That has been a major backslide in some of the new posters.

Why do you feel the need to rate what is "quality" and what is not "quality". It is all a matter of opinion.

Some of the debats that MM and I have had have been VERY baseball related. As fact, the majority are, It is too bad that he doesw not have the etiquette of a debate. It would make his points somewhat more salient and teh debate more entertaining.

Sorry if I have a problem isth other posters calling others "idiots", or making lists of what is good, and not good about posters.

Make it about th ematerial presnted, not th epeople presenting the material. That has been a major backslide in some of the new posters.

I don't feel the need to rate quality... I think any discussion that is baseball related and free of personal barbs and not intended to incite other people (intentionally posting shots at the other's team?) is quality baseball discussion. It can be about anything!

That is why I agree with you about posting etiquette...everyone has been guilty from time to time... I have, you have, some have been a lot! But as long as those basic rules are followed anything that's talked about is quality discussion.

It's amazing how obsessed this old man is with me. This discussion has NOTHING to do with me yet he has to bring me up because I'm so deep into his head lol.

It's amazing how obsessed this old man is with me. This discussion has NOTHING to do with me yet he has to bring me up because I'm so deep into his head lol.

All I said is that the majority of threads that you and I have ARE baseball related. That is a compliment.

Sorry if you have an inferiority complex.

All I said is that the majority of threads that you and I have ARE baseball related. That is a compliment.

Sorry if you have an inferiority complex.

Inferiority? I love that fact you're obsessed with me. It means i'm getting to you. Maybe i'll get lucky and you'll throw a hissy fit and leave again.

Archived