Michael Vick's Lawyer

shawn306

If this is Vick's :awyer then he is in big trouble. Here is the "prepared statement" the Lawyer read from Vick.

"Today in court I pleaded innocent to the allegations made against me. I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name. I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown. Above all I would like to say to my mom I'm sorry for what she has had to go through in this most trying of times. It has caused pain to my family and I apologize to my family. I also want to apologize to my Falcon teammates for not being with them at the beginning of spring training."

If this is Vick's :awyer then he is in big trouble. Here is the "prepared statement" the Lawyer read from Vick.

"Today in court I pleaded innocent to the allegations made against me. I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name. I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown. Above all I would like to say to my mom I'm sorry for what she has had to go through in this most trying of times. It has caused pain to my family and I apologize to my family. I also want to apologize to my Falcon teammates for not being with them at the beginning of spring training."

Actually, Vick's attorney is a very good criminal defense lawyer. That does not mean he will prevail but Billy Martin is way better than competent.

So this scumbag doesn't think he should apologize to the fans while he is there saying sorry to his mom and teammates? What about the other players in the nfl who have to be scrutinized because guys like him and Tank Johnson and Pacman and half the Bengals can't act like decent members of society, don't they deserve an apology?

Wow, Vick is quite the eloquent writer, something that hadn't come across in any interview that I had heard previously. That Virginia Tech education is coming in handy. :rolleyes:

The only thikng his attorney need to concern himself with is putting on a good case and trying to get an aquittal. However, at the end of the day it won't matter because those Folks that think Vick is an ***hole are going to think that anyway. Even if Vick were to prevail his reputation (which was not in good shape to begin with) is probably going to be damaged beyond repair. So at the end of the day Vick's woefull lack of good judgement and common sense will ultimately be his undoing.

"Today in court I pleaded innocent to the allegations made against me. I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name. I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown. Above all I would like to say to my mom I'm sorry for what she has had to go through in this most trying of times. It has caused pain to my family (where there priviously was none??) and I apologize to my family. I also want to apologize to my Falcon teammates for not being with them at the beginning of spring training."

Methinks there could be a great reality tv series on the Vick household. There's more than a little chlorine in that gene pool.

"Today in court I pleaded innocent to the allegations made against me. I take these charges very seriously and look forward to clearing my good name. I respectfully ask all of you to hold your judgment until all of the facts are shown. Above all I would like to say to my mom I'm sorry for what she has had to go through in this most trying of times. It has caused pain to my family (where there priviously was none??) and I apologize to my family. I also want to apologize to my Falcon teammates for not being with them at the beginning of spring training."

Methinks there could be a great reality tv series on the Vick household. There's more than a little chlorine in that gene pool.

With Michael and Marcus and sons, the mother must be real proud..

What good name does he have that he wants to clear??

Wow, Vick is quite the eloquent writer, something that hadn't come across in any interview that I had heard previously. That Virginia Tech education is coming in handy. :rolleyes:

:D It's been interesting around Atlanta since this all went down. His jersey sales dropped, local Dick's Sporting Goods stores took them off the shelves, other stores had a 2 for 1 sale and they still didn't move, now Reebok has pulled Vick merchandise, PERIOD (nfl.com shut down sales of them, too)! The Falcons' TC attendance is at an all time low and the Peta people have protested at Flowery Branch for the second day!

The only diehard Vickaholics left are the clueless idiots that think he's being framed (and their numbers are very low).

jim rome made fun of that today

he said "as dumb as vick is, even he knows that it's training camp. look at the damn calendar!"

:PIt gets worse; our CBS affiliate just announced that Nike has canceled their contract with Vick WITHOUT PAY!

(cbs46.com)

Nike, the NFL and Reebok all did the right thing. But it took the PETA folks to bring home they weren't going away for all this to happen. Simply none of these companies were going to have advertiser boycotts and protests and demonstrations that would cost them money. Not a knock, just the fact that Vick is now bad for business.

What will likely happen next wiill be Commissioner Goodell as per the conduct clause in his contract asking that Vick come to his office to answer his questions, and Vick declining to do so on advice of counsel. Vick cannot between now and his trial answer such questions because the feds could subpeona any tape or transcript and use it against him at trial. And that refusal will result in Vick's ban from the NFL, and allow the Falcons to stop paying him.

What stupidity.

Mike Vick will never play football in Atlanta again.

pete kendall will never play football in new york again.

a lot of this goin around. You're right with vick though, i wonder if he plays for another team but at RB, or KR? I mean who wants this guy as the face of the organization?

Nike, the NFL and Reebok all did the right thing. But it took the PETA folks to bring home they weren't going away for all this to happen. Simply none of these companies were going to have advertiser boycotts and protests and demonstrations that would cost them money. Not a knock, just the fact that Vick is now bad for business.

What will likely happen next wiill be Commissioner Goodell as per the conduct clause in his contract asking that Vick come to his office to answer his questions, and Vick declining to do so on advice of counsel. Vick cannot between now and his trial answer such questions because the feds could subpeona any tape or transcript and use it against him at trial. And that refusal will result in Vick's ban from the NFL, and allow the Falcons to stop paying him.

What stupidity.

I've been in contact with PETA since this started and i get some of their press

releases. today I got an Email from their communications gal telling me to

send a note to Nike's CEO thanking him for suspending

the sales of his equipment. I did, but I told him I wasn't naive enough to think

that if PETA didn't come after you it might not have happened this quickly.

Archived