PacMan's Jones wrestling debut this Thursday

faba

Suspended Pacman to Be on Wrestling Show

By Associated Press

36 minutes agoUPDATED 2 MINUTES AGO

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Suspended Tennessee Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones will make an appearance on a pro wrestling show Thursday after signing a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, the company said Monday.

Jones' first in-ring appearance will be for its iMPACT! show on Spike TV, TNA said. He also will appear in a pay-per-view show Sunday at Universal Studios in Orlando, Fla.

"I am a big fan of wrestling, so I wanted to give it a try," Jones said in a statement. "I respect wrestling and I'm not coming in like it's just a show. I want to prove that I am the greatest team-sport athlete."

Jones' NFL contract prohibits non-football activities that could cause injury.

Jones was suspended in April for the 2007 season by NFL commissioner Roger Goodell for conduct detrimental to the league. He dropped his appeal of that punishment in June.

He has been arrested six times since being drafted by the Titans in April 2005, including June 22 when he turned himself in on two felony counts of coercion in a Las Vegas strip club fight that left a man paralyzed.

Jones' bid to join the Titans in training camp was denied by the NFL on July 26. His case will reviewed after the Titans' 10th game, which is Nov. 19.

I know WWE is fake, but what about TNA ?

This is confusing me.

A lot of the wrestlers that leave the WWE go to TNA. Their top stars are Jeff Jarrett (who runs it or owns it I believe), Sting, and Kurt Angle (after he recently left the WWE). It's essentially the same stuff but TNA uses a six-sided ring instead of the traditional 4-sided.

So, I'm confused here. Wouldn't taking part in this activity put an automatic null-and-void on his contract (which particularly prohibits an activity such as organized wrestling)? And if not, why wouldn't it? This seems like an extremely stupid thing to do from Pacman's viewpoint.

Titans | P. Jones 'injured' during wrestling PPV

Mon, 13 Aug 2007 15:52:53 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Nashville Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans CB Pacman Jones was 'injured' during a fictional off-camera fight during Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's pay-per-view. Jones was shown being taken out of the arena on a stretcher.

this can't be true,can it?

Pacman is fine.

Pacman Jones didn't appear to do anything to violate his contract with the Titans on Sunday night.

During a live pay-per-view event for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling in Orlando, Fla., Jones didn't really do much of anything. Nonetheless, Jones was shown leaving in a neck brace and on a stretcher, victim of a make-believe injury during a "fight" not caught by cameras backstage.

But on a night when other wrestlers were hit with trashcan lids, bottles and folding chairs, the only contact Jones was involved in came when he slapped hands with wrestling fans.

Later, as Jones was introduced to the crowd, prompting a mixture of boos and cheers, another wrestler appeared and challenged him to a fight. He taunted Jones, and referred to the court action taken by the Titans.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070813/SPORTS01/708130360/1027

Archived