The Hottest Team in Baseball

The Troll

Does anyone know who they are? I just can't seem to remember...oh, yes, that's right, it's the Chicago Cubs!

Seriously though, the All-Star balloting is a joke. Since most of the fans are apparently legally retarded, Albert Pujols is leading comfortably over all NL first basemen, including Derek "Triple Crown" Lee. He is having a Bonds-type season. If he keeps it up, then Yaz's triple crown may not be the only long-standing Sox achievement that Derek Lee makes a run on.

I can't wait for this team to get healthy. If Woody/Prior/Nomar can return to form, this is the best team in the NL.

Derek Lee has been a underated player in my opinion for the last couple of years. He is having a monster season- especially considering the fact he has not had the lineup support with the Cubs.

The closer situation is still a problem for them but Hawkins gone is addition by subtraction

Does anyone know who they are? I just can't seem to remember...oh, yes, that's right, it's the Chicago Cubs!

I can't wait for this team to get healthy. If Woody/Prior/Nomar can return to form, this is the best team in the NL.

Troll - watch out for the jinx M'man. It runs heavy on this board.

I think D. Lee is for real - since he made the swing adjustment to get his wrists around on the inside stuff, they can't always jam him up tight. I'm not saying he's going to continue this tear all season and the rest of his career, but he's greatly improved a major swing flaw that used to put him in the 150+ K club. The current roll they're on is due to a lot of things but A-Ram getting over his back spasm issues and Perez coming into his own as an every day player have really sparked the offense. Perez really isn't a fluke either. In seasons where he got 600 AB's - he's a .280+ with 60-70 RBI's. His glove is also better than avg. Barrett has improved and should continue to which can hopefully make up for someone else's slump.

Still have a long way to go. Hope I'm wrong, but:

The Ryan Dempster closer saga is a train with the wheels ready to come off.

We still have the same manager - I'll leave it at that.

I'm glad in a way that some of these young pitchers are getting time in the show. That needs to happen. Prior will be back as strong as when he left, Maddux probably wont get his usual 15 but will continue to throw better, hard telling about Wood - but frankly we don't need him at this point. So far - so good.

Seriously though, the All-Star balloting is a joke. Since most of the fans are apparently legally retarded, Albert Pujols is leading comfortably over all NL first basemen, including Derek "Triple Crown" Lee. He is having a Bonds-type season. If he keeps it up, then Yaz's triple crown may not be the only long-standing Sox achievement that Derek Lee makes a run on.

Troll, remember way back about a month ago when I posted a thread about Derrek Lee's hot bat keeping the Cubs in it?

Well at the time, some of you guys said I was going to jinx the Cubs.

However, the opposite occurred. Lee keeps swinging a hot bat, and the Cubs keep winning!

Since the Cubs season is over (do I even need to tell you why) who do you think will end up with Derrick Lee this summer?

Gee.... I dont know...Mr. higher IQ than you (first clue)...lets see ..... well..... uh .... ok.... the Cubs?

But while you're on your perpetual roll, regale us with your gifted take on why the Cub's season is over. If you're betting - bet on D. Lee at 1st for Chicago National League Team in 06, 07, 08, ...

i could have sworn you guys said hottest team and not player....are you saying the cubs or Lee?..teams please. I love the Mets , Im very biased, but interested to see who you all thought the team was

Prior to tonight, Lee was the hottest player and the Cubs were the hottest team.

I knew I would jinx the team if I created this topic..that's why I waited an entire week to make it. I just couldn't contain my excitement. Time for a losing streak to start now. :cry:

Prior to tonight, Lee was the hottest player and the Cubs were the hottest team.

I knew I would jinx the team if I created this topic..that's why I waited an entire week to make it. I just couldn't contain my excitement. Time for a losing streak to start now. :cry:

Guys like Aramis and Walker get fully healthy along with some of the starting pitchers and Cubs will be in thick of WC race.

Will Dempster stay in closers role rest of way?

Gee.... I dont know...Mr. higher IQ than you (first clue)...lets see ..... well..... uh .... ok.... the Cubs?

But while you're on your perpetual roll, regale us with your gifted take on why the Cub's season is over. If you're betting - bet on D. Lee at 1st for Chicago National League Team in 06, 07, 08, ...

Its a trick question, newjester (not a typo) because as we all know, the Cubs season is technically over before it starts because of the LEGITIMAT curse of the Billy Goat Thing as opposed to the fake curse that plagued my team a WICKED long time ago.

Its a trick question, newjester (not a typo) because as we all know, the Cubs season is technically over before it starts because of the LEGITIMAT curse of the Billy Goat Thing as opposed to the fake curse that plagued my team a WICKED long time ago.

As much as I'd love to - I can't refute/dispute the curse. There can be no other explanation.

Troll,

I'm sure you've been following.

Gotta say, I like what I'm seeing here.

Next we hafta take care of a couple AL East teams.

cheers,

d

Archived