Top 10 Players in NY

TomShane

I have to admit, as much of a jerk as Sheffield is, you cannot change the channel when he's at the plate. The guy's swing is just insane, and when he connects, it's a thing of beauty. He reminds of Darryl Strawberry that way.

I have to admit, as much of a jerk as Sheffield is, you cannot change the channel when he's at the plate. The guy's swing is just insane, and when he connects, it's a thing of beauty. He reminds of Darryl Strawberry that way.

TS, I agree. It's incredible that the reason he waggles the bat before a pitch is because his hands are TOO fast and he'd pull everything foul otherwise. Just a great hitter.

Too bad that he's a juicer (by the way, how did he get away with that?).

TS, I agree. It's incredible that the reason he waggles the bat before a pitch is because his hands are TOO fast and he'd pull everything foul otherwise. Just a great hitter.

Too bad that he's a juicer (by the way, how did he get away with that?).

Because, unlike Giambi, Sheffield is still productive. If Shef was hitting .236 with 2 bombs, I'm sure that Cashman and George woul act like he stole money from them a la Giambi. Remember, the Yanks only act disgusted with a player's behavior when they're not producing. Otherwise, you're a Yankee for life.

I can't believe some of the lists...thats crazy. SOme of the players aren't consistently productive...ie..Matsui, Pavano, Sheffield (has an awesome swing though), mariano, Unit...give me a break. Mets too now...My Mikey..(strikes out alot), and Beltran is great but I hope he can get back where he was before the injury. I dont know if I can do a top 10 because it would include alot of Mets and I may look biased. I agree that the people listed should be on the list, but some of them have some high rankings that you know aen't true. Pedro is #1 right now though. That is all Im 100% on.

1. AROD

2. Mariano Rivera

3. Pedro Martinez

4. Carlos Beltran

5. Derek Jeter

6. Gary Sheffield

7. Hideki Matsui

8. Randy Johnosn

9. Cliff Floyd

10. Jose Reyes

That's a much more accurate list. Anyone that puts Jeter at the top needs to stop hanging out with Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston.

That's a much more accurate list. Anyone that puts Jeter at the top needs to stop hanging out with Bobby Brown and Whitney Houston.

I am the biggest Jeter supporter there is. But AROD is way better.

And the Yankees probably only have one ring (1998) if it weren't for Mariano! Out of everyone he will be missed the most. You can't replace what he does.

AROD will not go on top of any list from me until he can be part of a winning championship team.

Until he can accomplish that he is not complete as the best of anything

So then we can take every single met off that list then huh??

As a matter of fact....We can't even mention the NY Mess all together.

Arod is tyhe best player in NY,WIn or lose. He has the most talent.

I did not bring up the Mets and you post about the Mets- that is your preogorative I guess- i am not into this pissing contests over teams- I will take a leader and clutch performer like Jeter has shown in his career over AROD. Being a leader and integral part of winning is important to me in my evaluation of players. Talent alone is not my total judgement factor.

I did not bring up the Mets and you post about the Mets- that is your preogorative I guess- i am not into this pissing contests over teams- I will take a leader and clutch performer like Jeter has shown in his career over AROD. Being a leader and integral part of winning is important to me in my evaluation of players. Talent alone is not my total judgement factor.

Well this thread is titled "the 10 best players in NY" ... Was this a discussion just about the Yankees or the Mess too?

Fact of the matter is this folks. Arod no matter what team he is on is the most talented player in MLB.

he is a HOF player. He is the greatest SS to play the game and he's now playing out of position.

Arod > The Rest of MLB

Nobody is going to put this Yankee team on their shoulders and carry them to a WS by themselves. Not gonna happen.

Well this thread is titled "the 10 best players in NY" ... Was this a discussion just about the Yankees or the Mess too?

Fact of the matter is this folks. Arod no matter what team he is one is the most talented player in MLB.

he is a HOF player. He is the greatest SS to play the game and he's now playing out of position.

Arod > The Rest of MLB

Nobody is going to put this Yankee team on their shoulders and carry them to a WS by themselves. Not gonna happen.

pujols > arod

Please.

Pujols isn't even the best first baseman in his division.

Lee is having a career year and is barely ahead of pujols in any offensive category. the difference is that these numbers are AVG for pujols. this is what he does every single year and he is 25 and has put up the same monster numbers each year in the majors.

he also came up huge in the playoffs last year. if the game was on the line and i had to pick 1 player it would without a doubt be pujols.

Lee is having a career year and is barely ahead of pujols in any offensive category. the difference is that these numbers are AVG for pujols. this is what he does every single year and he is 25 and has put up the same monster numbers each year in the majors.

he also came up huge in the playoffs last year. if the game was on the line and i had to pick 1 player it would without a doubt be pujols.

Yeah, but Pujols looks like an a$$hole, so that takes off points.

BTW, Pujols sure showed his stuff in the World Series last year, didn't he?

ARod is the Dominique Wilkins of Major League Baseball--incredible numbers, dynamic player, ZERO idea how to win a ballgame.

I thought there was a great blurb in the Post the other day in Joel Sherman's article about ARod potentially winning the non-steroid HR title (discounting both Barry Bonds's, Mark McGwire's and Sammy Sosa's juice-aided embarrassments. Sherman asked an AL Scout if ARod could hit 62+ and the guy said (paraphrasing) "No chance. When the heat is turned on, Jeter will start hitting again and ARod will stop hitting." All I can say is owwwwwwwwwwww.

Yeah, but Pujols looks like an a$$hole, so that takes off points.

BTW, Pujols sure showed his stuff in the World Series last year, didn't he?

he totally dominated the 7 game series with the astros. he played ok in the series considering the pitching he was up against, but obvoiusly didn't dominate to the same extent. ARod was non-existent when the yankees needed him most.

LCS:

avg hr rbi slg

ARod - .258 2 5 .516

pujols - .500 4 9 1.000

he totally dominated the 7 game series with the astros. he played ok in the series considering the pitching he was up against, but obvoiusly didn't dominate to the same extent. ARod was non-existent when the yankees needed him most.

LCS:

avg hr rbi slg

ARod - .258 2 5 .516

pujols - .500 4 9 1.000

Fo Block, I agree. All bias pushed aside, I would want Pujols on my team first and foremost. If E-Rod still had his superior defensive skills, my vote would go in his direction. But at the moment, it's not even close.

Archived