Per Cimini- Jets have no interest in Vincent

Kentucky Jet

I found this a little while ago, so I'm posting it fwiw

Ravens informed G Keydrick Vincent of his release.

The Jets have a need at guard and have been reported to have interest in Vincent, a mauler who didn't fit the Ravens' more athletic look along the offensive line. Chris Chester takes over at right guard in Baltimore.

Source: ravens.scout.com

Also reported by www.rotoworld.com

I found this a little while ago, so I'm posting it fwiw

Ravens informed G Keydrick Vincent of his release.

The Jets have a need at guard and have been reported to have interest in Vincent, a mauler who didn't fit the Ravens' more athletic look along the offensive line. Chris Chester takes over at right guard in Baltimore.

Source: ravens.scout.com

Also reported by www.rotoworld.com

JC: I saw that earlier today. I just hope we can find a quality OG ASAP.

Reminds me of the Walton\Kotite offense. Players can't learn it. That's just super.

Huge difference...Kotite's offense was written in crayon on a bunch of napkins from the cafeteria. Can't blame the players for not being able to learn it, they were too smart for it.

Now, Herm's offense is pretty easy to pick up...run run pass punt. Easy :)

yes don't the Jets know the sky is falling? :yawn:

sign this retard and start him week 1 cause we are desperate!

I agree.

Do any of you even know if he's any good or not? There's a reason why he was cut and its not soley beacause of depth. If he were that solid than they would've found a way to keep him and some Ravens fans have mentioned that he's an average pass blocker and terrible run-blocker at best.

We shouldn't be breaking down doors to sign this guy. If they don't feel he's a fit, then so be it.

yes don't the Jets know the sky is falling? :yawn:

sign this retard and start him week 1 cause we are desperate!

Wow Bitonti, never figured you as one to blindly throw words into someone's mouth unless it involved DSlob. I didn't say start him week one, I said get him into camp and see if he can help. We currently employ revolving door #1 and #2 at LG right now. What the hell is the harm? Do you not agree tyhat we need a serious upgrade?

needing something and getting something are two different things, if this was any kind of answer he would be released on the cut to 53 men not 75, JMO. If the Jets sign some vet it will be after the big cut not the little one.

Not so fast, my friend.

First off, I heard he was cut because they are going with the youth movement on the OL, and second, i have seen several posts acknowledging that sometimes a vet is cut earlier to give him a chance to hook up with another team.

I stand by my prediction of a veteran o/l has to be brought in before the start of the season.

i have a feeling we may make a move for faneca. just a feeling, not a tic tic tic, but yeah, here's hoping.

How hilarious would it be if we could deal Washington's 4th for him?

Not so fast, my friend.

First off, I heard he was cut because they are going with the youth movement on the OL, and second, i have seen several posts acknowledging that sometimes a vet is cut earlier to give him a chance to hook up with another team.

True, and with the hernia surgery his value to the Ravens wasnt as high.

True, and with the hernia surgery his value to the Ravens wasnt as high.

Yep, but it was reported that there were no problems with that.

They probably know more about him, and if they dont bring him in, they must have their reasons. But it's a pretty dire situation at guard, and they dont have anything to lose to bring some guys in to see what they've got.

Then again, this is the same crew who traded for Barlow, and the guy from cleveland (Suggs?) before voiding the deal. I dont give them real high marks for their FA acumen.

Yep, but it was reported that there were no problems with that.

They probably know more about him, and if they dont bring him in, they must have their reasons. But it's a pretty dire situation at guard, and they dont have anything to lose to bring some guys in to see what they've got.

Then again, this is the same crew who traded for Barlow, and the guy from cleveland (Suggs?) before voiding the deal. I dont give them real high marks for their FA acumen.

Yeah Im not sold on the idea that guys getting cut now arent servicable players, some are bums yes but there are Gs out there that can help us. Nothing to lose like you said.

Archived