Drew Brees vs Chad

4HCrew

I always said he wasn't that good and took a lot of crap for it...

I said that too, but after the stats he put up last year it's hard to say he sucks.

Remember, I watched every game he started in San Diego. To me he looked like absolute crap whenever his recievers were played tight or he got any pressure whatsoever. With Gates and LT on the team, there were a lot of games where he didn't have any problems and put up nice stats, but to me playing under pressure and against good defenses determines how good of a QB you are.

Well he's going to be back to playing against NFC defenses now for awhile, so I guess he can be top 5 again.

Brees and Chad are similar players. Both need GREAT running games and a good defense. Either one could win a Super Bowl on the Bears.

Remember that year that we had a top 5 defense and the rushing leader? How did that work out? At least Rex Grossman can lead his team to more than 3 points in 5 quarters.

Remember that year that we had a top 5 defense and the rushing leader? How did that work out? At least Rex Grossman can lead his team to more than 3 points in 5 quarters.

At least Grossmans head coach didn't let him go back out there and play with a torn rotator cuff. Real easy to use some things and not all of the facts, eh?

Actually I don't remember that year. I remember the rushing leader that everyone wanted to run out of town. But refresh my memory on the rest.

It's week 1 and he doesn't have a legit #1 Wr or TE on the team? He did look like **** tonight.

You know what they say about excuses. :) Besides, the fact that it's week 1 is a horrible excuse as we have ripped our own team to shreds for not being prepared on opening day. Some blame should also go to last year's coach of the year, just a pathetic performance by the Saints.

Btw, if Brees were playing for the jets and performed as he did tonight I suspect no one would be making excuses for him.

Oh yeah, and Chad is a better QB than Brees.

You know what they say about excuses. :) Besides, the fact that it's week 1 is a horrible excuse as we have ripped our own team to shreds for not being prepared on opening day. Some blame should also go to last year's coach of the year, just a pathetic performance by the Saints.

Btw, if Brees were playing for the jets and performed as he did tonight I suspect no one would be making excuses for him.

Oh yeah, and Chad is a better QB than Brees.

:rl::rl:

It's week 1 and he doesn't have a legit #1 Wr or TE on the team? He did look like **** tonight.

So A TE that has 82 receptions and is run out of SF because they drafted Vernon Davis is bad.

A WR that had 1000+ yards and 8 TDs is not legit?!?!?

Spin away Chad hater...spin....

having Saint Reggie as a great receiving back sucks...

Deuce is waaaay to old....

Spin away ...spin away...

Smizzy...you are now known as Bill O'Reily

Chad Pennington will have a better year than Drew Brees this season.

Pleas send me some of your drugs. That must REALLY be good. Payton was the problem tonight, he called a crappy game, got much too cute, and when Brees was forced to pass there was nothing there and he pressed.

WTF is wrong with some of you people? Lets see Chad play before you go bashing your starting QB...

****ing idiots... why even bother being a fan... disgraceful

Oooohh... an angry Ecurb..... NICE!!!!

I'd POTW NOM you, but by the time Beansie does the next POTW thread, Chad will have been a disappointment.

Aw, screw it....

POTW NOM.

The Saints offense last night was a joke. I dont think Brees threw a pass over 10 yards.

I think Payton's got too smart for his own good. That dink and dunk crap doesnt work.

Where was the deep pass to Henderson? Where were the passes to Colston down the middle of the field?

Nope, bootlegs to the tight end from Yale.

And yes I have Brees on my fantasy team. :bag:

The Saints offense really reminded me of the Jets' in previous years with running and dink & dunk throws. Either New Orleans came in horribly prepared or Marlin Jackson, Kelvin Hayden and Damien Hughes really were covering Marques Colston, Devery Henderson and Co. well.

No I dont... what do they say?

Who is this "they" you are talking about???

Am I a part of the "they" group?

Or are the "they" group only people who like azzholes??? If so, I am not part of that group.

The only thing I like that stinks is my QB.

It's a line from a movie I can't remember. It goes something like "excuses are like *******s, everybody's got one and they usually smell bad." or something like that.

I gather you understood the rest of my point and don't need further explanation.

It's a line from a movie I can't remember. It goes something like "excuses are like *******s, everybody's got one and they usually smell bad." or something like that.

I gather you understood the rest of my point and don't need further explanation.

(psst... yeah I knew what you meant... the reference to azzholes... and chad stinking... just was having a little fun..........)

You had a point? Oh.. yeah you did... good point. Brees sucks. :P

(psst... yeah I knew what you meant... the reference to azzholes... and chad stinking... just was having a little fun..........)

You had a point? Oh.. yeah you did... good point. Brees sucks. :P

D'oh. My bad, should have caught that.

:banned:

Brees did suck last night, but the whole saints offense sucked. Gotta say that this means the blame lies with Payton and his crew. Just not ready for the colts.

And that DB from the Saints who got torched, well, let's just say he didn't make any friends last night.

Brees did suck last night, but the whole saints offense sucked. Gotta say that this means the blame lies with Payton and his crew. Just not ready for the colts.

And that DB from the Saints who got torched, well, let's just say he didn't make any friends last night.

Jason David ya mean. And he got torched twice for TD's, the Colts were picking on him all day.

Hey at least he was able to force a fumble and return it for a TD.

But Sean Payton is a genius!!! Didnt he rescue everyone from the floods????

Payton is a good head coach but they were severely outplayed last night. It looked like a cat toying with a mouse before killing it.

But Sean Payton is a genius!!! Didnt he rescue everyone from the floods????

Payton is a good head coach but they were severely outplayed last night. It looked like a cat toying with a mouse before killing it.

I heard Payton's tears cures cancer and that he personally flew a helicopter into New Orleans after the floods to save the abandoned pets.

Excellent insight, that's why I come here.

Go study or get drunk and make better use of your time college boy.

With all due respect, your claim that Chad is better than Brees deserves nothing more than the exact response he gave you. Have you been sleeping under a rock for 3 years, or do you simply base one bad game on this?

Brees and Chad are similar players. Both need GREAT running games and a good defense. Either one could win a Super Bowl on the Bears.

brees led the saints to the title game last year. it was all on him, on a good day that saints team could have beat the colts.

Archived