Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

So you really think it's just a coincidence that "the worst performances by the NE offense - SD and Cleveland" both occured post Moss. Really?

Brady passed for a 159 yds vs SD. The offense couldnt get anything going that day. Moss wouldnt have helped.

Vs Cleveland, they were ready and waiting with a lights out game plan. Couple that with NE turning the ball over spelled disaster.

Brady passed for a 159 yds vs SD. The offense couldnt get anything going that day. Moss wouldnt have helped.

Vs Cleveland, they were ready and waiting with a lights out game plan. Couple that with NE turning the ball over spelled disaster.

wow..

Yep.

The Pats will bounce back. They dont need Randy Moss.

You need to look at Brady's numbers since Moss left: His completion percentage has dropped from 70% with Moss to 58% without Moss. His Yards Per Attempt have dropped from 7.47 with Moss to 6.58 without Moss. His TDs have dropped from 2.5 per game with Moss to 1.25 per game without Moss. His passer rating has dropped from about 109 with Moss to about 85 without Moss.

You need to get past the denial stage my child.

That completion percentage is still alot higher than another QB we know.

Yeah but our QB being young and mediocre only helps you with one maybe two more games this season. brady with no deep threat to open up the underneath routes is going to cost you the post season. Seems that way now unless Belli cheat comes up with a solution. Obvious at this point.

Yeah but our QB being young and mediocre only helps you with one maybe two more games this season. brady with no deep threat to open up the underneath routes is going to cost you the post season. Seems that way now unless Belli cheat comes up with a solution. Obvious at this point.

Hey, I thought this thread was about how Wes Welker sucks without Moss. If we want a discussion about how Brady sucks without Moss, we can start a thread for that.

(edit, In fact, I did just that: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/index.php?/topic/93540-brady-sucks-without-moss/ )

Can we please get back on topic?

Edited by Klecko73isGod

Wes Welker's dip in production has more to do with his health than Moss' departure.

Interestingly enough - The Vikes win after they dump Moss. Not sure if anyone has noticed, but Moss' attitude is not the only issue. His skills have dimished a lot. He's great....but not top ten...not even close. This is not to devalue what he did for the Pats. He was terrific. I have some very fond memories. Thanks, Randy.

Seriously. Now, he's not a top 10. He was league top receiver with pats and now he's not even top 10, guess that means that Brady made Moss huh?

How many guys require a double team all the time? Not many

You need to look at Brady's numbers since Moss left: His completion percentage has dropped from 70% with Moss to 58% without Moss. His Yards Per Attempt have dropped from 7.47 with Moss to 6.58 without Moss. His TDs have dropped from 2.5 per game with Moss to 1.25 per game without Moss. His passer rating has dropped from about 109 with Moss to about 85 without Moss.

You need to get past the denial stage my child.

just a coincidence that his 2 worst games we're post moss.. nothing more

What I find amusing is that the Jets lose last week - fans getting ready to jump off a bridge. They beat a Lions team minus a QB and Kicker - holy cow, they are the greatest. I see the same thing at Patsfans.com. Pats lose to cleveland...OMG, we suck! Pats beat SD and Minny....OMG, we are elite! It's sooooooooo ridiculous.

Can't disagree with that.

Moss would have drawn double coverage opening the lanes for Welker to catch those annoying 3rd down and 8's he always does. Good thing Randy not there.

That completion percentage is still alot higher than another QB we know.

Good thing is that our QB is a work in process. He will improve, especially with the talent this team has.

Your QB will continue to have lower and lower numbers as defenses will not need to worry about the deep threat. And, continually coming from behind means passing when you don't want to, means more int's.

Good luck with that.