Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

Elite WR.

Guy just gets open. By now it's nothing to do with Moss, Brady, anyone. Teams know he's their best, most consistent weapon and just can't stop him. He's incredible.

Who are you kidding? The only reason this guy is in the league is becuase he was once a teammate of the great Randy Moss!

Why is this scrub mentioned in the same breath as Randy Moss and Dante Stallworth? Am I the only person who thinks he's an overpaid never was?

You must not be watching. Even with Brady, the Pats would be severely lacking without Welker. They are primarily a slot WR, TE team as far as the passing game is concerned, and Welker is one of the best slot WRs in the game.

Just the truth, even if no one wants to hear it.

You must not be watching. Even with Brady, the Pats would be severely lacking without Welker. They are primarily a slot WR, TE team as far as the passing game is concerned, and Welker is one of the best slot WRs in the game.

Weird.

Word

Welker > Randy Moss seriously?

Elite WR.

Guy just gets open. By now it's nothing to do with Moss, Brady, anyone. Teams know he's their best, most consistent weapon and just can't stop him. He's incredible.

Not at all. Nice start to the season, but there's still 25 WR's I'd take over Welker in a heartbeat.

He's still a system guy playing with a legendary QB and would be mush on any other team.

Not at all. Nice start to the season, but there's still 25 WR's I'd take over Welker in a heartbeat.

He's still a system guy playing with a legendary QB and would be mush on any other team.

This. In that system, he can move the chains as good as anybody, but if he was really elite, he wouldn't be catching less than 20% of Brady's TD's during the time he's played with him, imo.

This. In that system, he can move the chains as good as anybody, but if he was really elite, he wouldn't be catching less than 20% of Brady's TD's during the time he's played with him, imo.

This.

That is what he is supposed to do. He is what he is. 5'9", maybe. He is not fast like Reggie Wayne or Randy Moss. He is not huge like Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson.

So he is not a receiver that is going to stretch the field. Or out jump, or muscle a Revis for a pass on 3rd down, but get him the ball with a fraction of space and he can gash you. He keeps the chains moving.

While many can do what he does, few do it as well, but then again he cannot do what a Reggie Wayne does.

Is he elite? Parts of his game, but other parts are not.

respect welker more than basically anyone in the league. guy is a gamer and 10x the football player randy moss is/was (notice i said football player, not athlete). sure he made the stupid foot jokes but that was actually pretty funny and you'd expect a guy like rex to be able to take it since he can definitely dish it out.

and again for fans who worshipped chrebet (legitimately) you gotta give a guy like welker his due.

Edited by jgb
  • Upvote 1

respect welker more than basically anyone in the league. guy is a gamer and 10x the football player randy moss is/was (notice i said football player, not athlete). sure he made the stupid foot jokes but that was actually pretty funny and you'd expect a guy like rex to be able to take it since he can definitely dish it out.

and again for fans who worshipped chrebet (legitimately) you gotta give a guy like welker his due.

Well said. That is what has amazed me. Hate? Fine, but not appreciating what Wes has done when they worshiped Chrebet.