Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

I would love to hear Peyton's thoughts the first time Shoddy calls for everyone to run 5 yard curls on 3rd and 6.

Would be none. he would turn his headset off and call his own game. Shotty be free to sit on the bench with Sanchez drawing and coloring unicorns and laughing gleefully as Mark flings boogers at whomever the third string QB is at that point.

• Upvote 1

Wes Welker's 3rd year in the league, he led the Fish in receptions.with 67, 10.3 YPC. This was while being thrown to by the immortal Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, and Cleo Lemon.

Fun fact: of those three QBs, Lemon had the highest rating for the season, at 77.6, as the only QB on the team with fewer INTs than TDs (2:1).

Cool story bro. He had a whopping 10 more receptions than the all time greats Marty Booker, Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael...who all had a higher YPC and caught more TD with the same QB's throwing to them.

Cool story bro. He had a whopping 10 more receptions than the all time greats Marty Booker, Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael...who all had a higher YPC and caught more TD with the same QB's throwing to them.

Welker is already over a 1000 yards without R a n d y M o s s.

The whole myth about Moss being responsible for Welkers success is a fools tale.

Welker is already over a 1000 yards without R a n d y M o s s.

The whole myth about Moss being responsible for Welkers success is a fools tale.

True. He's still a system WR who plays with a all time great Qb. There's still 25 WR's I'd take over him. And he'd still be a nobody on another team.

Welker doesnt miss Moss, the TE's kind of open it up for him in a different way...but the offense sorely misses Moss.

True. He's still a system WR who plays with a all time great Qb. There's still 25 WR's I'd take over him. And he'd still be a nobody on another team.

Welker doesnt miss Moss, the TE's kind of open it up for him in a different way...but the offense sorely misses Moss.

Keep swingin', bro. One of these open-hand slaps has to land soon, amirite?

Keep swingin', bro. One of these open-hand slaps has to land soon, amirite?

Can I tell you how much I hate and stupid I think this new "amirite" phenomenon on the interwebz is? It annoys the sh*t out of me for some reason. And then you posting, it couldnt be more obnoxious.

Fair points.

I disagree he would not be effective on another team. He might not be 100+ catches good, but he would still be good.

He started to blossom with the Phins and he does benefit from being a perfect fit for the Patriots offense.

He deserves some of the credit for his success.

If he moves on after this year, if the new team utilize him as the Patriots do he will do well.

If they line him up wide, then he will be less effective.

• 5 weeks later...

My last post in this thread until September.

Wes Welker 2011 regular season: 122 receptions, 1569 yards,12.9 average, 9TD's.

I know the Welker haters will change their argument from Randy Moss stretching the field to Gronk and Hernandez.

Why is this scrub mentioned in the same breath as Randy Moss and Dante Stallworth? Am I the only person who thinks he's an overpaid never was?

Dude, as a Jets fan I can't stand the guy. If you're ont he opposing defense, Welker's a pain in the a$$ receiver who, in the words of Bill Parcells, "is pesky and always seems to be in the spot where the defensive backs aren't."

I hate the guy, but you can't take away his ability.

Dude, as a Jets fan I can't stand the guy. If you're ont he opposing defense, Welker's a pain in the a$$ receiver who, in the words of Bill Parcells, "is pesky and always seems to be in the spot where the defensive backs aren't."

I hate the guy, but you can't take away his ability.

You need to give Thor a break as he started this thread before the 1st game of 2007. I bump this thread a few times every season.

I know the Welker haters will change their argument from Randy Moss stretching the field to Gronk and Hernandez.

Where do you think he's going? You know the Pats aren't gonna pay him.

Not to mention he had pretty major surgery recently. They might use that against him to save some $

He blew out his knee 5 minutes into the last game of the 2009 season, came back in 2010, and had a subpar year for him. 86 receptions.

I doubt that. Belichick and Brady love him.

And they both know how horrible the offense was in 2006.

To avoid a strongly worded comment from Klecko, this is not solely as a result of Wes, but the team has 3x500 point seasons and have been averaging 30 points a game since his arrival.

• Upvote 1

LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to give Thor a break as he started this thread before the 1st game of 2007. I bump this thread a few times every season.

Remember that time the Pats weren't going to pay Brady or Wilfork?

Please list

Please list

Boring...we've done this before. He's a great slot WR but 25 players could do his job in that system with Brady...easy. Just look at Edelman when he's filled in or even Branch for that matter, I forgot he was in the league. Bottom line, put Welker some where else and he's a middle of the pack receiver and if I was building a team from scratch I'd probably take 30 WR's in the league over him and not even think twice.

Good player, great in that system w/ an all time QB.

Edited by JiF

Boring...we've done this before. He's a great slot WR but 25 players could do his job in that system with Brady...easy. Just look at Edelman when he's filled in or even Branch for that matter, I forgot he was in the league. Bottom line, put Welker some where else and he's a middle of the pack receiver and if I was building a team from scratch I'd probably take 30 WR's in the league over him and not even think twice.

Good player, great in that system w/ an all time QB.

Maybe he'll mention that in his Hall of Fame speech.

• Upvote 1

They won't franchise him because they ain't gonna pay him $10 million next year or any year for that matter. He's gonna want a five-year deal in the range of Holmes' deal with the Jets and the Pats ain't going to give all that guaranteed money to a 31-year old slot receiver when they have half a dozen holes to fill on defense.

Unless he is willing to take significantly less from the Pats than he can get from some desperate team that needs WRs and needs to make a splash to excite their fanbase like the Jaguars, for instance, he won't be a Pat next year.

Edited by Klecko73isGod

Maybe he'll mention that in his Hall of Fame speech.

Your reall think he's a HOF'er????

They won't franchise him because they ain't gonna pay him $10 million next year or any year for that matter. He's gonna want a five-year deal in the range of Holmes' deal with the Jets and the Pats ain't going to give all that guaranteed money to a 31-year old slot receiver when they have half a dozen holes to fill on defense.

Unless he is willing to take significantly less from the Pats than he can get from some desperate team that needs WRs and needs to make a splash to excite their fanbase like the Jaguars, for instance, he won't be a Pat next year.

As much as I think he's pretty replaceable...I dont see him leaving. Not with the chemistry him and Brady have. I wouldnt be surprised if Brady took a cut to sign him again. He's not the same player any where else. Welker knows that and I'm sure the NFL does as well.

Your reall think he's a HOF'er????

As much as I think he's pretty replaceable...I dont see him leaving. Not with the chemistry him and Brady have. I wouldnt be surprised if Brady took a cut to sign him again. He's not the same player any where else. Welker knows that and I'm sure the NFL does as well.

I agree he's not the same player anywhere else, but I can still see a team desperate for a wideout with a young QB opening up the books to pay him - St. Louis, Jacksonville, Denver, San Fran - all possible overpayers for Welker.

I agree he's not the same player anywhere else, but I can still see a team desperate for a wideout with a young QB opening up the books to pay him - St. Louis, Jacksonville, Denver, San Fran - all possible overpayers for Welker.

Thats a good point. All his little 3 yard routes probably makes it easy on a QB who cant look down field because he doesnt have the WR or protection.