Tom Brady's Career Tarnished? Merged X3

madmike1

If i am Brady, I am pissed as hell. Seriously, from what it seems they were doing, the level of cheating as explained in that article, if it is true, then how can anyone logically say that at least 40% of his success isn't atributed to cheating. The sad thing is I doubt it was his idea or he was excited to be involved in it, but he was there playing the games for that team.

People get bent out of shape about Barry Bonds "supposedly" using juice to gain a competitive advantage. I would say that an nfl qb with full knowledge of opposing defensive schemes and playcalls is getting AT LEAST OR MORE of a competitive advantage as Bonds ever did, because at the end of the day at least Bonds still had to track the ball and figure out what was being thrown to him.

If these allegations are true and they are found guilty. They should not even sniff the hall of Fame. This is worse than what Pete Rose did by far an he isnt anywhere near Cooperstown. If he was banned from baseball forever why shouldnt these cheaters be also.

If these allegations are true and they are found guilty. They should not even sniff the hall of Fame. This is worse than what Pete Rose did by far an he isnt anywhere near Cooperstown. If he was banned from baseball forever why shouldnt these cheaters be also.

Interesting since you mention it. Rose was banned for gambling, and why does a league care so much about a player or coach gambling? Because it could easily lead to fixing games. Is cheating on this level really any different then fixing a game? I would say not. An arguement could definitely be made that cheating like this is easily the same as fixing a game.

A COMPLETE AND UTTER FRAUD

Remember how EVERYONE says that if you give an avg NFL QB perfect protection that he'll look like a hall of famer? Multiply that over his ENTIRE JOKE OF A CAREER.

Come on now. FRAUD?! JOKE?! AVG?! Those are three things no one can say about Brady.

I used to be on the whole"Brady's a system QB" bandwagon, but that's simply not true... half true, but not entirely. This guy is an absolute stud! You can't tell me for a minute you wouldn't LOVE to have him in a green and white uniform!

Come on now. FRAUD?! JOKE?! AVG?! Those are three things no one can say about Brady.

I used to be on the whole"Brady's a system QB" bandwagon, but that's simply not true... half true, but not entirely. This guy is an absolute stud! You can't tell me for a minute you wouldn't LOVE to have him in a green and white uniform!

Before this week, sure. Now though, who knows?

I would agree with you, but as of this week it is very easy to cast doubt on him. If this cheating is something that is done by them on such a regular basis, how do you know how much is him and how much of his performance is just knowing exactly what is coming at him?

I would agree with you, but as of this week it is very easy to cast doubt on him. If this cheating is something that is done by them on such a regular basis, how do you know how much is him and how much of his performance is just knowing exactly what is coming at him?

Exactly, theres no way this scandal can be overlooked when it comes to Bradys performance. No way.

I would love to see what Chad (or any other jet QB) would do if they knew exactly what blitzes were coming.

I love bahing the Pats, but this is a load of crap.

Tom Brady is still prob the best or 2nd best QB in the NFL right now IMO. Sure he had all the time in the world on Sunday. But I have seen him being pressured a lot and he responds very very well. Rember that game a few years ago vs Pittsburgh, he was getting hurried and hit on just about every other play and managed to 12 for 12.

I hate him, but he is still the best.

Someone needs to tell Drew Bledsoe that we were stealing signals back in 01' before he got blasted.

Alk, look, I am not one of the knee-jerk reactionaries, but you have to admit, if a qb has info regarding defense plays relayed to him from a spotter on the sideline, that is just a huge advantage. Like I said in another post, if I were Brady I would be pissed as hell that I was going to be associated with this, because nobody knows how long it has gone on and doubt will be cast even if the pats do "come clean." I mean, why would anyone believe them in any way.

there really is no way to spin this. The party line for pats fans is to talk s$4t on Mangini, for god knows what reason. At the end of the day the patriots organization has major egg on its face, and it will cause a lot of doubt about their accomplishments. Can you tell me you honestly believe this is a one time incident? or THat you don't think this gave them any measurable help? Or they would never do this for a playoff or SB game? No logical or honest person looking in the mirror can.

I love bahing the Pats, but this is a load of crap.

Tom Brady is still prob the best or 2nd best QB in the NFL right now IMO. Sure he had all the time in the world on Sunday. But I have seen him being pressured a lot and he responds very very well. Rember that game a few years ago vs Pittsburgh, he was getting hurried and hit on just about every other play and managed to 12 for 12.

I hate him, but he is still the best.

It's a good thing he knew exactly where to look and throw before the play began then isn't it? Or else maybe he would have had to just throw the ball away or eat the sack like everyone else that has to actually look at the ****ing field to know what is going on.

It's a good thing he knew exactly where to look and throw before the play began then isn't it? Or else maybe he would have had to just throw the ball away or eat the sack like everyone else that has to actually look at the ****ing field to know what is going on.

Yeah, it is easy and Im not defending what the Pats done.

Im just saying, I know there have been games were he has been under a lot of pressure and responded well, The Pats have does this a few times but there has obviously been a lot of time they havent.

Otherwise Brady would put up those kind of numbers every game.

Alk, look, I am not one of the knee-jerk reactionaries, but you have to admit, if a qb has info regarding defense plays relayed to him from a spotter on the sideline, that is just a huge advantage. Like I said in another post, if I were Brady I would be pissed as hell that I was going to be associated with this, because nobody knows how long it has gone on and doubt will be cast even if the pats do "come clean." I mean, why would anyone believe them in any way.

there really is no way to spin this. The party line for pats fans is to talk s$4t on Mangini, for god knows what reason. At the end of the day the patriots organization has major egg on its face, and it will cause a lot of doubt about their accomplishments. Can you tell me you honestly believe this is a one time incident? or THat you don't think this gave them any measurable help? Or they would never do this for a playoff or SB game? No logical or honest person looking in the mirror can.

Great post JB. Unfortunately you directed it to an ahole that in the last two days

has spun this so much in his favor that I expect him to link it somehow to the

Kennedy assassination.

Yeah, it is easy and Im not defending what the Pats done.

Im just saying, I know there have been games were he has been under a lot of pressure and responded well, The Pats have does this a few times but there has obviously been a lot of time they havent.

Otherwise Brady would put up those kind of numbers every game.

How do you know how many times they were cheating and recording? And they don't need to record every game, they played us 3 times last year, so they record us once and they have our signals, they play the dolphins and bills the same amount, and they play other teams multiple times in multiple years, so how does anyone know what the percentage of games they go into with illegal info is?

Ok so there's a lot of conversation about how this could taint Belly's career but what about Tom Brady. Sure, maybe he had no idea this was going on and couldn't change anything about it, even if he possibly did know.

But if a deeper investigation is done only to find out this has been going on for years, well then that means Brady has benefited from having advanced knowledge of what the defensive scheme would be. How much do you think that might helped his career?

I mean c'mon I knew a 6th rd pick from Michigan couldn't be a first ballot HOF without some sort of help.

An aside, I bet Belly has guys going to his opponent's previous game to film so they could study it in the week leading up to their game.

How much film does he have, and on how many Defensive Coordinators?

If i am Brady, I am pissed as hell. Seriously, from what it seems they were doing, the level of cheating as explained in that article, if it is true, then how can anyone logically say that at least 40% of his success isn't atributed to cheating. The sad thing is I doubt it was his idea or he was excited to be involved in it, but he was there playing the games for that team.

People get bent out of shape about Barry Bonds "supposedly" using juice to gain a competitive advantage. I would say that an nfl qb with full knowledge of opposing defensive schemes and playcalls is getting AT LEAST OR MORE of a competitive advantage as Bonds ever did, because at the end of the day at least Bonds still had to track the ball and figure out what was being thrown to him.

What article??

Someone needs to tell Drew Bledsoe that we were stealing signals back in 01' before he got blasted.

I think if Bledsoe actually RAN till he got OUT OF BOUNDS at the time, he wouldnt have been put in the hospital. Im sure the illegal film they had of Mo Lewis clearly showed him playing till the whistle is blown.

The Pats played the Rams in the regular season (lost) prior to playing them in the Super Bowl (win)? Probably nothing, but could be...

They played the Steelers (lost) in the 2004 season before playing them in the championship (won)? Probably nothing, but could be...

And what about the quotes from opposing teams that "it was like they knew what we were going to do," which was said by Hines Ward after the 2001 AFC Championship game and in 2006 by the Packers after you beat them? Probably nothing, but could be...

Who is to say the Pats didn't have people fake credentials at games they weren't involved in? Such as playoff games where they'd have the camera men film the signals of the most likely winner or, hell, even both teams? Probably not, but could be...

These "could bes" alone, now that they have been given some plausibility, are a HUGE DEAL and are almost on par with the NBA ref betting scandal.

Great post from another NFL board.

Brady and the Pats are frauds.

Great post from another NFL board.

Brady and the Pats are frauds.

I remember that quote by ward. There have been a lot of quotes like that, i sort of liked it better when i accepted BB as a good coach. Now, he looks to be just a chitty coach (ie cleveland) with cameras.

I remember that quote by ward. There have been a lot of quotes like that, i sort of liked it better when i accepted BB as a good coach. Now, he looks to be just a chitty coach (ie cleveland) with cameras.

Yup and it would explain why he took over a playoff team in cleveland and lost while taking over a non playoff team in NE and won. The records are vastly different.

Archived