My feelings on Bellyfat

gangreenman

Okay, here's the thing. I would've liked to see BB suspended for at least a game or two on top of all these punishments, but I honestly feel that this punishment was a fair one. The reason i feel this way is because a suspension really wouldn't be productive. BB was fined the max. amount, the team was fined half that, and, in all likeliness, they will lose 1 of their 1st round picks.

But here's another part of the punishment that wasn't officially put in place by the NFL... For one, BB and the Patsies have now been proved to be cheating like this, so obviously both the league and other teams will be on the lookout when they play the Pats... And if something like this happens again, its almost a guarantee that the Pats will lose all of their 1st day picks and BB will be suspended for a season if Goodell isn't harsh. Therefore, everyone has been warned and nothing should come up again. Secondly, BB and the Patsies have completely tarnished their reputation. Coming into the season, the first thought that came to people's mind when someone mentioned BB was 'great coach' or 'lock for HOF'. But now, the first thought will be cheater and now people will put asterisks next to all of the Patsies championships and success in suspsion that there may have been some foul play involved.

Overall, I think BB, the Patsies, and the NFL got the message, and although no official suspensions or forfeits were handed down by the league, BB and the Patsies will certainly continue to pay for their actions.

Discuss...

This would fall into the Innocent untill proven guilty area. The same area BB lived in for years.

Broncos were fined and lost a 3rd draft pick in 97 for blatantly fudging the salary cap books so they could keep both Elway and Davis. You see thats my point. no one remembers that. Elway has his rings and shanahan will be in the hof as well.

Broncos were fined and lost a 3rd draft pick in 97 for blatantly fudging the salary cap books so they could keep both Elway and Davis. You see thats my point. no one remembers that. Elway has his rings and shanahan will be in the hof as well.

Thought you were talking about shanahan saying something about having the defensive signals.

But yes at the time I always thought that their wins were tainted as well.

Okay, here's the thing. I would've liked to see BB suspended for at least a game or two on top of all these punishments, but I honestly feel that this punishment was a fair one. The reason i feel this way is because a suspension really wouldn't be productive. BB was fined the max. amount, the team was fined half that, and, in all likeliness, they will lose 1 of their 1st round picks.

But here's another part of the punishment that wasn't officially put in place by the NFL... For one, BB and the Patsies have now been proved to be cheating like this, so obviously both the league and other teams will be on the lookout when they play the Pats... And if something like this happens again, its almost a guarantee that the Pats will lose all of their 1st day picks and BB will be suspended for a season if Goodell isn't harsh. Therefore, everyone has been warned and nothing should come up again. Secondly, BB and the Patsies have completely tarnished their reputation. Coming into the season, the first thought that came to people's mind when someone mentioned BB was 'great coach' or 'lock for HOF'. But now, the first thought will be cheater and now people will put asterisks next to all of the Patsies championships and success in suspsion that there may have been some foul play involved.

Overall, I think BB, the Patsies, and the NFL got the message, and although no official suspensions or forfeits were handed down by the league, BB and the Patsies will certainly continue to pay for their actions.

Discuss...

I thought the same thing, but the fact is that unless he is caught doing the exact same thing, it might not be seen as a second strike. BB was caught doing something directly stated as illegal in the rules within a week of receiving a memo stating that this exact thing could not be done and he claims that he "misinterpreted" the rules. Can you imagine if there is even the slightest gray area? Hopefully Goodell won't fall for it, but I'm not convinced. I wouldn't think BB would stupid enough to be caught again, but who'd think he be as stupid as he was this time?

Discuss...

Why?

Tparich is proof this will die down.

No one is striping the Broncos of their titles.

Or the 49ers from doing the same thing.

Or the Steelers for being a roided out team back in their dynastic days.

The Patriots' legacy is safe. Every day the outrage dies down. For the first time in a week, the Patriots and/or Belichick were not even on the front page of ESPN. You even have to look for clues on the NFL front page.

The NFL is the teflon league nothing sticks. Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis and Shawn Merriman, all busted for something illegal to include jail time and once has been on a Madden Cover and the another is close to being on one.

The U.S. is a forgiving nation and has half forgotten what the Patriots are guilty of.

Originally Posted by chris66

------------

The denver thing didnt get nearly the publicity that this scandal has. First and foremost, it happened off the field and was a front office transgression. belicheater cheated during actual games, and this story is getting MUCH more airtime.

Plus, denver is "out there", but when a story involves NY or LA, it has legs.

On a slightly different, but not completely different subject, if you were to say that the Pats Superbowl against Carolina was tainted, who tainted it? Would it be the Pats because they may or may not have been taping the Cats, or Carolina who after the season had how many players busted for 'roids?

Just a thought

Here we go....again. Patsie fans trying to justify their cheating ways. Apples and oranges. Like JC said, Belicheat was doing it during actual games. I guess his balls grew bigger with his extra marital affair to actually cheat during a game...**** 'em.

Dude, calm down, I wasn't defending the Pats, I was asking a question that I had been posed myself, and actually got a chuckle out of it. Thought I might get some of the same reaction here.

Lighten up alittle, everything isn't meant to be hostile......

Here we go....again. Patsie fans trying to justify their cheating ways. Apples and oranges. Like JC said, Belicheat was doing it during actual games. I guess his balls grew bigger with his extra marital affair to actually cheat during a game...**** 'em.

Come on NS. :rolleyes:

Circumventing the salary cap to keep a better player?

We know the Patriots might have had an advantage for the game against the Jets.

We know the Broncos circumvented the salary by creative deferment of Smellway and Terrel Davis bonuses which allowed them to sign/keep other good players.

How did that not effect games? :rolleyes:

Dude, calm down, I wasn't defending the Pats, I was asking a question that I had been posed myself, and actually got a chuckle out of it. Thought I might get some of the same reaction here.

In all honesty, I hadnt heard one word of these salary cap tricks untill this blatant cheating scandal. So no BBs scandal will never be forgotten because when some other scandal pops up it will float to the top of the toilet again, just like the salary cap turds did this time.

In all honesty, I hadnt heard one word of these salary cap tricks untill this blatant cheating scandal. So no BBs scandal will never be forgotten because when some other scandal pops up it will float to the top of the toilet again, just like the salary cap turds did this time.

Why?

It is practically yesterday's news. Next year during the draft, the commentators will make a comment and that will be it until a team does something to make news.

No one is calling for any of those teams to forfeit their titles.

Ask a rival fan of those teams and most would probably have forgotten.

Why?

It is practically yesterday's news. Next year during the draft, the commentators will make a comment and that will be it until a team does something to make news.

No one is calling for any of those teams to forfeit their titles.

Ask a rival fan of those teams and most would probably have forgotten.

A rival Fan of those teams will never forget if they were old enough to know what went on and understood it. And if they are old enough now to remember it. Just because something is not brought up constantly doesn't mean it's forgotten. And there are always those fans who read the history of teams.

It's a good thing you don't know me...that was calm.

Why?

The Patriots' legacy is safe. Every day the outrage dies down. For the first time in a week, the Patriots and/or Belichick were not even on the front page of ESPN. You even have to look for clues on the NFL front page.

The NFL is the teflon league nothing sticks. Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis and Shawn Merriman, all busted for something illegal to include jail time and once has been on a Madden Cover and the another is close to being on one.

The U.S. is a forgiving nation and has half forgotten what the Patriots are guilty of.

sad but true. i will say this though, if the patriots have a bad season or lose games that in years past they normally would win, then expect that to be the most incriminating evidence which won't die easily. my prediction is whatever happens this year belinixon is not coaching in new england next year.

Why?

Yes the U.S. is a forgiving nation when the convicted one shows remorse. Unfortanly BB must think he is above this. Yes he apoligised to the pat fans and owners but he owes us Jet and all NFL fans an apology as well. And as far the outrage wearing down and not getting front page coverage. Even a monster like Domer became old news but his act(s) will never be forgotten. Such is the legacy that BB will leave behind and remember whenever the pats win a close game or something looks fishy the suspicion will once again come alive. Sorry the only way NE gets rid of this ugly image is getting rid of the person who is responsible. This is not just coming from a Jet fan, as a the majority of the nation seems to feel this way. (As supported by the many commentaries and polls)

The punishment fit the crime. Besides they kicked yo butts. They didn't need a camera.

Why would they use one and risk all the fines ect if they didnt need it? You have poor logic... they DID need it... you forget the JETS have beaten them in the last year...

In your dreams maybe.

Want to bet they talk it about it TOMORROW during the games?

Can we bet the sun will rise to? :rolleyes:

A rival Fan of those teams will never forget if they were old enough to know what went on and understood it. And if they are old enough now to remember it. Just because something is not brought up constantly doesn't mean it's forgotten. And there are always those fans who read the history of teams.

I hate to tell you, but they will.

I lived in KC then when it happened. It was news and once it died down it was forgotten.

Yes the U.S. is a forgiving nation when the convicted one shows remorse. Unfortanly BB must think he is above this. Yes he apoligised to the pat fans and owners but he owes us Jet and all NFL fans an apology as well. And as far the outrage wearing down and not getting front page coverage. Even a monster like Domer became old news but his act(s) will never be forgotten. Such is the legacy that BB will leave behind and remember whenever the pats win a close game or something looks fishy the suspicion will once again come alive. Sorry the only way NE gets rid of this ugly image is getting rid of the person who is responsible. This is not just coming from a Jet fan, as a the majority of the nation seems to feel this way. (As supported by the many commentaries and polls)

You people do know there is a slight difference between murder and cheating right?

Seeing most of you defended Justin Miller when he beat a woman I am not surprised.

Police said Miller was swinging at a man, but hit the woman after the man ducked. The woman has a laceration on her face and swelling and pain in her knee.

"I want to apologize to everyone for this situation, including my family, my teammates, the Jets organization, our fans and the entire NFL," Miller said in a statement released on Sunday. "I understand that serving in the NFL is an honor and that...

He beat a woman? :confused:

Can we bet the sun will rise to? :rolleyes:

I hate to tell you, but they will.

I lived in KC then when it happened. It was news and once it died down it was forgotten.

You people do know there is a slight difference between murder and cheating right?

Seeing most of you defended Justin Miller when he beat a woman I am not surprised.

It was a anology dee dee dee. Can you say Nixon....

It was a anology dee dee dee. Can you say Nixon....

I thought you were talking about Dahmer. Tricky Dick might have been a better name.

Even Nixon is a poor analogy. Game. Real Life. Game. Real Life.

Just sayin'.

Police said Miller was swinging at a man, but hit the woman after the man ducked. The woman has a laceration on her face and swelling and pain in her knee.

"I want to apologize to everyone for this situation, including my family, my teammates, the Jets organization, our fans and the entire NFL," Miller said in a statement released on Sunday. "I understand that serving in the NFL is an honor and that...

He beat a woman? :confused:

I guess he was not present at those boxing lessons. ;)

He still hit a woman. When the facts were unclear, your brethren were more then willing to look the other way because he can return kicks.

Good point. Which really proves an old theory. If you are going to cheat, don't get caught on videotape.

People remember it longer when it is recorded! :P

Why?

When Belly is not coaching the Pats next year, remind me why he is gone again. Thanks.

I thought you were talking about Dahmer. Tricky Dick might have been a better name.

Even Nixon is a poor analogy. Game. Real Life. Game. Real Life.

Just sayin'.

I guess he was not present at those boxing lessons. ;)

He still hit a woman. When the facts were unclear, your brethren were more then willing to look the other way because he can return kicks.

So, you are evidently willing to look the other way on Belicheat?

I think that it is obvious that Miller had no INTENT to strike the woman. Belifraud's intent is quite clear. You may try to wish it away, but the rest of the football world outside of new england is not looking the other way at all!

So, you are evidently willing to look the other way on Belicheat?

I think that it is obvious that Miller had no INTENT to strike the woman. Belifraud's intent is quite clear. You may try to wish it away, but the rest of the football world outside of new england is not looking the other way at all!

No.

Funny, what a Jets' fan thinks or any other fan thinks means little to me. This is after all a message board. Plus, I seriously doubt if the shoe was on the other foot their would be a rush to turn in Jets' season tickets. Like I said, when the Miller thing happened, there were quite few people defending him and willing to let him slide because he plays football. You hardly speak from a moral high ground.

Seeing Belichick was caught stealing signals with a video camera, what exactly is his crime? Stealing signals? No. Is that cheating? Good question. Maybe you missed the players and coaches saying this is common place. Not unamed sources, but people allowing their names to be associated that they steal signals like Mike Shannahan admitted to having his coaches do with binoculars. So, he did not exactly cheat. His crime is how he did it.

He is guilty of having someone use a video camera on the field. He was punished. A bit lightly. The team was punished. A bit harshly IMHO.

When Belly is not coaching the Pats next year, remind me why he is gone again. Thanks.

If that happens, it will not be because he video tapped the Jets.

If that happens, it will not be because he video tapped the Jets.

Wrong again.

Belichick tapped a secretary that worked for the Giants. There is no proof that he tapped any Jets employee.

Stop spreading these rumors. Belly's reputation has taken a big enough hit already this week.

Archived