Nice game Pete

4HCrew

Glad to see you are enjoying some success in Washington.

He made a few nice blocks but that Skins line as a whole is solid, minus Fabini having to step in. Also, any blocker can look better while blocking for Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts.

He made a few nice blocks but that Skins line as a whole is solid, minus Fabini having to step in. Also, any blocker can look better while blocking for Clinton Portis and Ladell Betts.

Right, because if he were a productive guard and the Jets FO had let him go over a million dollar contract dispute and then were still struggling to find a replacement for him 2 games into the season and surrendering sacks at an alarming rate then we would have to admit that mangini/ tannenbaum werent infallible. So, it must be a fluke or the result of excellent team mates and great running backs. Cause Mangini doesnt make personell mistakes.

Right, because if he were a productive guard and the Jets FO had let him go over a million dollar contract dispute and then were still struggling to find a replacement for him 2 games into the season and surrendering sacks at an alarming rate then we would have to admit that mangini/ tannenbaum werent infallible. So, it must be a fluke or the result of excellent team mates and great running backs. Cause Mangini doesnt make personell mistakes.

potw nom

No, that has no play on it. Is the Mangini letting go of Kendall an excuse for you to blast his regime? This works both ways toots.

The majority of the sacks the Jets have let up would've still happened with Pete Kendall on the roster.

Jarvis Green made D'Brickashaw Ferguson is personal b*tch Week 1 and three of the four Raven sacks came because basically the Jets were out numbered in terms of blockers. If there are 5 or 6 Jets blockers and 7 Ravens coming, what do you think is going to happen? On those three plays, the sackies were untouched coming on Kellen's blindside.

No, that has no play on it. Is the Mangini letting go of Kendall an excuse for you to blast his regime? This works both ways toots.

The majority of the sacks the Jets have let up would've still happened with Pete Kendall on the roster.

Jarvis Green made D'Brickashaw Ferguson is personal b*tch Week 1 and three of the four Raven sacks came because basically the Jets were out numbered in terms of blockers. If there are 5 or 6 Jets blockers and 7 Ravens coming, what do you think is going to happen? On those three plays, the sackies were untouched coming on Kellen's blindside.

I seriously don't remember every one of them & didn't tivo the game. But I'm pretty sure the last sack came from someone who lined up outside Clement's position & came in untouched. Don't know what Kendall would have done about that or how much more push he would have given us in the ground game. Particularly with Brick next to him. That guy's awful. He's still young, so there's hope.

I seriously don't remember every one of them & didn't tivo the game. But I'm pretty sure the last sack came from someone who lined up outside Clement's position & came in untouched. Don't know what Kendall would have done about that or how much more push he would have given us in the ground game. Particularly with Brick next to him. That guy's awful. He's still young, so there's hope.

You know I think you're right. Two came from Kellen's blindside, one coming from the other side.

Pete may have helped a little in the running game, but New England and Baltimore havn't let LT or Rudi Johnson run either and they're both better backs than Thomas Jones.

Did I blast the regime? Is suggesting that they are fallible the equivalent of "blasting" the regime? All I did was suggest that letting Kendall go over a million dollars was a mistake.

If you dont think it matters who lines up next to D'Brick each week then you know nothing about O Line play. Those guys probably have to work together more and trust one another more than any unit on the the team. If there is a perceived weakness, if week after week D'Brick is unsure of the guy to his right it is going to affect his game. In addition, when D'Brick is confused there isnt the experienced guy next to him to turn to for advice, help, etc. It has to be unsettling.

Could he play better? Yeah. Is his poor play in part a reflection of the instability on the line caused by Kendall's departure? Yeah. Is this Mangini/Tannenbaum's fault? Yeah.

You cannot call this line a horrible unit after two games against two of the best defenses in the NFL at pressuring the Quarterback. I will not give up on Adrien Clarke yet. Remember, he has been out of the game for a while, he is getting his game legs back. I believe in this line and I will continue to believe that Pete Kendall is not the glue that made that Offensive Line a little better than decent last season.

Did he help out Ferguson and Mangold? No question, but this is year 2 and D'Brickashaw needs to step up and Clarke is getting back into the swing of things. Give this unit time before you bash them like this is the biggest mistake made by this regime so far.

And no, you didn't blast the regime but I didn't say that this regime has beep perfect either which you eluded to in your first post by thinking I'm someone who believes Mangini can do no wrong.

You cannot call this line a horrible unit after two games against two of the best defenses in the NFL at pressuring the Quarterback. I will not give up on Adrien Clarke yet. Remember, he has been out of the game for a while, he is getting his game legs back. I believe in this line and I will continue to believe that Pete Kendall is not the glue that made that Offensive Line a little better than decent last season.

Did he help out Ferguson and Mangold? No question, but this is year 2 and D'Brickashaw needs to step up and Clarke is getting back into the swing of things. Give this unit time before you bash them like this is the biggest mistake made by this regime so far.

And no, you didn't blast the regime but I didn't say that this regime has beep perfect either which you eluded to in your first post by thinking I'm someone who believes Mangini can do no wrong.

I didnt call the line horrible. I didnt say I was giving up on Adrien Clarke. I do think it is the biggest mistake made by the regime thus far (not only on the field, but for the message it sends to the players), but its not catastrophic in the long run. It is damaging in the short run. Your insistence on putting words in my mouth is a defensive strategy that makes me believe that you swallowed the Mangenius Kool-Aide and will defend everything he does no matter how obviously wrong it has proven to be.

Maybe by mid season or even as early as game 4 or 5 the Oline will gel and start to play better as a unit. But will that be soon enough? Would the O Line have had to "gel", would we be waiting on a cast off guard to get his game legs back under him if the coaching staff and the FO had payed Kendall his million? No. And that mistake might have cost the Jets the first two games and might cost the Jets a few more.

I'm not saying the Oline play was great last year or that Pete Kendall is the greatest guard in the game. But given the fact that the O Line is not playing as well as last year and there is really only one thing different about the O Line this year, I think it is safe to assume that Kendall's absence is responsible for at least part of the difference.

If you cant admit to at least that then I am going to assume that you have a non-sexual crush on Mangini (like George Costanza did on Elaine's boyfriend in the Seinfeld episode where they go rock climbing). Love is blind after all.

I do admit the Offensive Line hasn't played as well as last year, so far, and Pete's absense may or may not be the difference. Once again, I will stress that this team was facing New England and Baltimore, two of the best defenses at getting to the Quarterback and two of the best defenses overall.

And once again, the majority of the sacks came because of Jets blockers being out numbered or because of D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Adrien Clarke hasn't played as well as Kendall, but he is learning. Give this line some time.

On those three plays, the sackies were untouched coming on Kellen's blindside.

ON one of those plays the player came on his right side... un touched and right in his face... Kellen somehow never even saw him... Im glad he held on to the ball... lol

Would the O Line have had to "gel", would we be waiting on a cast off guard to get his game legs back under him if the coaching staff and the FO had payed Kendall his million? No. And that mistake might have cost the Jets the first two games and might cost the Jets a few more.

I'm not saying the Oline play was great last year or that Pete Kendall is the greatest guard in the game. But given the fact that the O Line is not playing as well as last year and there is really only one thing different about the O Line this year, I think it is safe to assume that Kendall's absence is responsible for at least part of the difference.

IMO the most understated fact, the white elephant in the room that isnt being seen, much less talked about, is that the jets miss the lineman who was responsible for making all the OL calls on the LOS. I have never seen so many plays where an OL looked up and had no one to block- it has happened most frequently to Clark.

They traded away the OL who was making the OL calls and havent found an adequate replacement. It has really hurt them. They have been very disorganized and have missed a LOT of blocking assignments. Kendall's value to the team was much more as the QB of the OL than as a blocker, and Mangold hasnt done too well yet picking up the slack. It's asking a lot for a second year guy who is snapping the ball to also figure out the OL assignments, especially against sophisticated defenses.

I do admit the Offensive Line hasn't played as well as last year, so far, and Pete's absense may or may not be the difference. Once again, I will stress that this team was facing New England and Baltimore, two of the best defenses at getting to the Quarterback and two of the best defenses overall.

And once again, the majority of the sacks came because of Jets blockers being out numbered or because of D'Brickashaw Ferguson. Adrien Clarke hasn't played as well as Kendall, but he is learning. Give this line some time.

I guess you believe that the league or Bellicheck was somehow involved in a conspiracy to keep the schedule a secret from Mangini until game one. I mean if he knew he'd be facing two of the best D Lines in the league in weeks one and two it would have been even sillier to let Kendall go without having suitable replacement. So, he couldnt have known the Jets schedule right?;)

Your points are ridiculous. The D Lines for the teams the Jets play didnt get good after Kendall was let go. Mangini knew what he was facing -- btw the Dolphins front seven is pretty good too and when you factor in the fact that we play the Pats and the Fins twice each season (1/4 of the schedule) you'd think you'd want to have a solid O Line.

And, with Seymour out the Pats D Line was weaker than it was last year when the Jets beat the Pats. Now lets see, who was missing from the O Line this season that was on the O Line last season when we beat the Pats?

Finally, DE's particularly RDE's like Jason Taylor get more sacks than DT's and are usually the best pass rushers on the team. This might be one reason why D'Brick has given up more sacks than Clarke. And how many sacks did Pete Kendall give up last season?

isn't common wisdom that the line makes the rb look better?? Besides, Portis has been nothing special since being traded to washington. I am sure if TJ was running behind a bronco's line he would be a superstar runner too.

I guess you believe that the league or Bellicheck was somehow involved in a conspiracy to keep the schedule a secret from Mangini until game one. I mean if he knew he'd be facing two of the best D Lines in the league in weeks one and two it would have been even sillier to let Kendall go without having suitable replacement. So, he couldnt have known the Jets schedule right?;)

Your points are ridiculous. The D Lines for the teams the Jets play didnt get good after Kendall was let go. Mangini knew what he was facing -- btw the Dolphins front seven is pretty good too and when you factor in the fact that we play the Pats and the Fins twice each season (1/4 of the schedule) you'd think you'd want to have a solid O Line.

And, with Seymour out the Pats D Line was weaker than it was last year when the Jets beat the Pats. Now lets see, who was missing from the O Line this season that was on the O Line last season when we beat the Pats?

Finally, DE's particularly RDE's like Jason Taylor get more sacks than DT's and are usually the best pass rushers on the team. This might be one reason why D'Brick has given up more sacks than Clarke. And how many sacks did Pete Kendall give up last season?

You're ridiculous in thinking Pete Kendall really would've made all that much of a difference. Unless I see that Pete Kendall can transform himself into two or three of himself, the Ravens still get all four sacks on Sunday and New England gets four of five sacks the previous week.

So what if Mangini knew he was facing tough defenses the first two weeks? The organization was sick of Kendall speaking out about the club to the media and he was probably the "unknown person in the organization" who was linked to having the Jets looked upon as possibly violating the OTA's.

The guy was becoming a cancer and it was better to get rid of him then to hear his spew the rest of the season. Adrien Clarke is young and Mangini obviously feels that he can fill in for at least the 2007 season. It takes time for Oline's to gell and as much as you may not want to admit it, he does have to get his game legs back.

We would be 0-2 with Pete Kendall. He was not worth keeping with the cancer that he was turning out to be.

isn't common wisdom that the line makes the rb look better?? Besides, Portis has been nothing special since being traded to washington. I am sure if TJ was running behind a bronco's line he would be a superstar runner too.

Still running for 4.1 ypc in Washington. I can think of a soon to be Hall of Fame back who did that.

You're ridiculous in thinking Pete Kendall really would've made all that much of a difference. Unless I see that Pete Kendall can transform himself into two or three of himself, the Ravens still get all four sacks on Sunday and New England gets four of five sacks the previous week.

So what if Mangini knew he was facing tough defenses the first two weeks? The organization was sick of Kendall speaking out about the club to the media and he was probably the "unknown person in the organization" who was linked to having the Jets looked upon as possibly violating the OTA's.

The guy was becoming a cancer and it was better to get rid of him then to hear his spew the rest of the season. Adrien Clarke is young and Mangini obviously feels that he can fill in for at least the 2007 season. It takes time for Oline's to gell and as much as you may not want to admit it, he does have to get his game legs back.

We would be 0-2 with Pete Kendall. He was not worth keeping with the cancer that he was turning out to be.

"Oh, Elaine (124). The toll road of denial is a long and dangerous one. The price? Your soul." -- J. Peterman

Pete Kendall was becoming a cancer for one reason and one reason only: to get his money. It worked. He got his money. After the trade he has said nothing bad about the Jets. The only quote I saw was "it was an unfortunate situation." Even when he was outright at war with the Jets he'd say it was a misunderstanding rather than outright claim they lied to him. The FO made the decision that they could live without him, that he wasn't worth $1M more and created the problem. They were wrong.

Pete Kendall was becoming a cancer for one reason and one reason only: to get his money. It worked. He got his money. After the trade he has said nothing bad about the Jets. The only quote I saw was "it was an unfortunate situation." Even when he was outright at war with the Jets he'd say it was a misunderstanding rather than outright claim they lied to him. The FO made the decision that they could live without him, that he wasn't worth $1M more and created the problem. They were wrong.

Agreed. Say Kendall wouldn't make the whole difference at line if you want. Say he went about the request for a raise wrong even if you'd like. But fact of the matter is, if only for depth and some better strength at the guard position we could use him, and looking at how the team is playing without him, maybe he really did deserve a pay raise.

Hind sight is 20/20 though

Still running for 4.1 ypc in Washington. I can think of a soon to be Hall of Fame back who did that.

Look how many games he has missed in Washington, Portis is a sham, he was a classic example of a rb running under a great system in denver. I doubt he will play more then 10 games this year. He is the Chad Pennington of RB's, lol.

Did I blast the regime? Is suggesting that they are fallible the equivalent of "blasting" the regime? All I did was suggest that letting Kendall go over a million dollars was a mistake.

If you dont think it matters who lines up next to D'Brick each week then you know nothing about O Line play. Those guys probably have to work together more and trust one another more than any unit on the the team. If there is a perceived weakness, if week after week D'Brick is unsure of the guy to his right it is going to affect his game. In addition, when D'Brick is confused there isnt the experienced guy next to him to turn to for advice, help, etc. It has to be unsettling.

Could he play better? Yeah. Is his poor play in part a reflection of the instability on the line caused by Kendall's departure? Yeah. Is this Mangini/Tannenbaum's fault? Yeah.

When will you Kendall lovers get it through your thick skulls that he was not let go. He was traded and it was not because of $1,000,000. It was because he signed a contract which had three years to go and was reneging. If he kept everything behind closed doors, they probably would have come to some compromise. He thought he had the Jets in a bind and tried to bully them in the media. Also, If D'Brick can't make any progress because he misses Pete Kendall beside (His parents told that to a fan who was sitting next to them down in Baltimore) him and in the locker room, then I say he doesn't belong in the Pro's. Adrien Clarke is a 7 year veteran. Not quite as strong as Pete maybe, but he does an adequate job and D'Brick has to grow up. It's not like they were playing together for years. Players come and go and he better get used to it. "They say it takes about three years for a OG to acclimate from college to the Pro's. Well he has 14 games and another season to go. But, we should be seeing steady improvement, not a so/so game and a no/so game. The O line has to protect our QB and D'Brick is not helping.

One good thing is, we don't have to face McGahee for the rest of the season. Our D really stinks. If they can't stop the run, we're only helping our opponents set up their passing game. If we don't get any sacks and/or turnovers, we're going to be depressed more after games than joyous. There's supposed to be a good group of Defensive tackles in next ears draft. We better get at least one of them. We have to get bigger, better and stronger. Haven't we been saying this for years?

I know we can win next Sunday, but we have to keep in mind, we always have good games with Miami and they are just as hungry as we are and they do have a half way decent defense. The absence of Pete Kendall is not why we lost the first two games. We're better off without him, because he disrupted the locker room and planted seeds of doubt in the minds of the younger players when he was trying to outwit the Jets FO. I don't care how many games the Skins win or lose, we are better off in the long run without the locker room lawyer.

Guys, you still have to remember that when Mangini first came, he promised to rebuild this Jets franchise, and thats all any Jet fan really expected. They now have 4/5 young linemen (DBrick, Mangold, Clarke, Moore, and Bender) that should stick around for awhile, theyve got a potential shutdown CB in Revis, a great safety in Rhodes, a solid LB core, a lot of young receivers and a 24 year old backup QB that seems like he almost be past Pennington. This team is headed in the right direction. Yes our DL needs help both for now and the future, but other then that I dont see many glaring holes. D'Brick has been weak so far but I think he'll eventually be able to figure things out and at least become an above avg LT for a good 5 years or so.

Yes, there may be some growing pains but I think Mangini knows what he's doing and whether or not we end up in the playoffs this season (which I hope we do), I'm confident that Tangini have this team headed in the right direction.

When will you Kendall lovers get it through your thick skulls that he was not let go. He was traded and it was not because of $1,000,000. It was because he signed a contract which had three years to go and was reneging. If he kept everything behind closed doors, they probably would have come to some compromise. He thought he had the Jets in a bind and tried to bully them in the media. Also, If D'Brick can't make any progress because he misses Pete Kendall beside (His parents told that to a fan who was sitting next to them down in Baltimore) him and in the locker room, then I say he doesn't belong in the Pro's. Adrien Clarke is a 7 year veteran. Not quite as strong as Pete maybe, but he does an adequate job and D'Brick has to grow up. It's not like they were playing together for years. Players come and go and he better get used to it. "They say it takes about three years for a OG to acclimate from college to the Pro's. Well he has 14 games and another season to go. But, we should be seeing steady improvement, not a so/so game and a no/so game. The O line has to protect our QB and D'Brick is not helping.

One good thing is, we don't have to face McGahee for the rest of the season. Our D really stinks. If they can't stop the run, we're only helping our opponents set up their passing game. If we don't get any sacks and/or turnovers, we're going to be depressed more after games than joyous. There's supposed to be a good group of Defensive tackles in next ears draft. We better get at least one of them. We have to get bigger, better and stronger. Haven't we been saying this for years?

I know we can win next Sunday, but we have to keep in mind, we always have good games with Miami and they are just as hungry as we are and they do have a half way decent defense. The absence of Pete Kendall is not why we lost the first two games. We're better off without him, because he disrupted the locker room and planted seeds of doubt in the minds of the younger players when he was trying to outwit the Jets FO. I don't care how many games the Skins win or lose, we are better off in the long run without the locker room lawyer.

The Jets went public with the Kendall deal first. During the draft they shopped him. He went public (either to get his way or because the Jets FO outright lied to him) after it was leaked that they shopped him because he wanted a bump. If you think they would have given him money if he kept quiet you are delusional. Even Moore had to stage a mini-holdout to get his raise-BTW he also signed a fairly new deal and had tons of time left. Sure we got a 4th for Pete Kendall, but I'd have traded a 4th for a legit starter at guard going into the season. After last season we were in no position to trade away starter caliber Olinemen.

Dbrick not belonging in the pros because he misses Kendall would be even more of an indictment on this FO than the Kendall fiasco. I don't think Adrien Clarke is a 7 year vet(typo?) but if he was, he's only started about 7 games including the two this year. If you think he's doing an adequate job you'd better get to Lenscrafters. There is a reason they tried to move Bender over there and Clarke hasn't been much better.

FWIW, Kendall did all the damage he could do by poisoning the minds of younger players. By keeping him around all that time for spite he had plenty of time to let them know what scumbags the FO can be and he did outwit the Jets FO because he got his money (and on a winning team to boot).

Guys, you still have to remember that when Mangini first came, he promised to rebuild this Jets franchise, and thats all any Jet fan really expected. They now have 4/5 young linemen (DBrick, Mangold, Clarke, Moore, and Bender) that should stick around for awhile, theyve got a potential shutdown CB in Revis, a great safety in Rhodes, a solid LB core, a lot of young receivers and a 24 year old backup QB that seems like he almost be past Pennington. This team is headed in the right direction. Yes our DL needs help both for now and the future, but other then that I dont see many glaring holes. D'Brick has been weak so far but I think he'll eventually be able to figure things out and at least become an above avg LT for a good 5 years or so.

Yes, there may be some growing pains but I think Mangini knows what he's doing and whether or not we end up in the playoffs this season (which I hope we do), I'm confident that Tangini have this team headed in the right direction.

Dbrick and Mangold will hopefully be here a while, but Moore has been around a while and though he's cheap he is a lower tier starter or worse. Bender has potential, but he is a project and this little experiment with him at OG did nothing to make me think he'll be a long term starter. Clarke? I don't see any reason to think he's any better than the Norm Katnick's, Adrian Jones' and Wade Smith's of the world.

I'd like to think they are headed in the right direction too, but I hoped the same about Bruce Coslett and Pete Carroll. Unfortunately, some of these decisions have set us back.

The Jets went public with the Kendall deal first. During the draft they shopped him. He went public (either to get his way or because the Jets FO outright lied to him) after it was leaked that they shopped him because he wanted a bump. If you think they would have given him money if he kept quiet you are delusional. Even Moore had to stage a mini-holdout to get his raise-BTW he also signed a fairly new deal and had tons of time left. Sure we got a 4th for Pete Kendall, but I'd have traded a 4th for a legit starter at guard going into the season. After last season we were in no position to trade away starter caliber Olinemen.

Dbrick not belonging in the pros because he misses Kendall would be even more of an indictment on this FO than the Kendall fiasco. I don't think Adrien Clarke is a 7 year vet(typo?) but if he was, he's only started about 7 games including the two this year. If you think he's doing an adequate job you'd better get to Lenscrafters. There is a reason they tried to move Bender over there and Clarke hasn't been much better.

FWIW, Kendall did all the damage he could do by poisoning the minds of younger players. By keeping him around all that time for spite he had plenty of time to let them know what scumbags the FO can be and he did outwit the Jets FO because he got his money (and on a winning team to boot).

Dbrick and Mangold will hopefully be here a while, but Moore has been around a while and though he's cheap he is a lower tier starter or worse. Bender has potential, but he is a project and this little experiment with him at OG did nothing to make me think he'll be a long term starter. Clarke? I don't see any reason to think he's any better than the Norm Katnick's, Adrian Jones' and Wade Smith's of the world.

I'd like to think they are headed in the right direction too, but I hoped the same about Bruce Coslett and Pete Carroll. Unfortunately, some of these decisions have set us back.

Moore is a good RG and is still in his mid twenties so I expect at least another 6 or 7 years out of him. Adrien Clarke is nothing special but he's young, he's a mauler, and he can run block...so hopefully he can turn into something good in the future. Oh, and the proof that he's better then Adrian Jones is that Clarke is starting and Jones isn't.

This franchise is headed in the right direction, and the difference between Mangini and those coaches is that Mangini has actually had/experienced/witnessed a lot of success IN the NFL before he became our HC. I think we have a good young coach, a solid young core of mostly homegrown guys like Revis, Mangold, D'Brick, Rhodes, Vilma, Leon, etc etc. This team is headed in the right direction.

Moore is a good RG and is still in his mid twenties so I expect at least another 6 or 7 years out of him. Adrien Clarke is nothing special but he's young, he's a mauler, and he can run block...so hopefully he can turn into something good in the future. Oh, and the proof that he's better then Adrian Jones is that Clarke is starting and Jones isn't.

Based on what criteria have you determined that Clarke is a mauler who can run block? I hope you are right, but I haven't seen much evidence of it at this point.

This franchise is headed in the right direction, and the difference between Mangini and those coaches is that Mangini has actually had/experienced/witnessed a lot of success IN the NFL before he became our HC. I think we have a good young coach, a solid young core of mostly homegrown guys like Revis, Mangold, D'Brick, Rhodes, Vilma, Leon, etc etc. This team is headed in the right direction.

Once again, I hope you're right, but Mangini had a much worse resume taking over the team than either Coslet or Carroll. Coslet ran the Bengals offense to the super bowl and Carroll was a well regarded young coach who seemed to steadily improve the Jets D and had them top 5 or so in the league when he took over. Mangini was BB's pet, a ball boy who worked his way up, but was DC under an egomaniacal defensive minded coach for only one season. How long of leash do you think he had up there?

Archived