Shaun Ellis quote

shawn306

"We knew he was a talented quarterback; we just didn't think he would do this to us," defensive end Shaun Ellis said of Edwards, the 92nd player taken in the most recent draft.

Shaun Ellis 10/30/2007

You didn't think he would do that to you ? Now why would you think that ?

Tom Brady did it to you

Kyle Boeller did it to you

Trent Green and a putrid Miami team did it to you

Why would this be any different WHEN HAVEN'T STOPPED A G-DAMN TEAM ALL F'N SEASON ?

You and the rest of that so called Defense needs to take a very long hard look in the mirror. You have let not one but two backup QB's rip you to shreds.

Stop talking and start F'n playing.

"We knew he was a talented quarterback; we just didn't think he would do this to us," defensive end Shaun Ellis said of Edwards, the 92nd player taken in the most recent draft.

Shaun Ellis 10/30/2007

Tom Brady did it to you

Why would this be any different WHEN HAVEN'T STOPPED A G-DAMN TEAM ALL F'N SEASON ?

You and the rest of that so called Defense needs to take a very long hard look in the mirror. You have let not one but two backup QB's rip you to shreds.

Yup, you are right dude

"We just have to work harder and correct our mistakes".

I swear, if I hear that one more time, I am going to stick hot pokers in my ears. Could you heat them up a little? They are not quite hot enough.

someone on this team needs to step up and say something to motivate this group.

With a team full of choir boy team captains I wouldn't expect too much bulletin board fodder or any interesting quotes. It's dull, but they should stick together.

With a team full of choir boy team captains I wouldn't expect too much bulletin board fodder or any interesting quotes. It's dull, but they should stick together.

yeah its dull, but you can say something positive or challenging to motivate them, doesnt have to be negative.

That stuff only works for a few moments anyway. Anyone who thinks a 'pump us up' quote is going to make one iota of difference once they've been on the field for even 3 snaps is kidding himself.

not saying that at all, but anything is better then the crap that came out of coles and chads mouth yesterday.

if i told you on friday that the Jets defense would give up 17 points on Sunday against the Bills.

what would your reaction be?

mine would be that's good enough to win

If it wasn't against a rookie QB making his first NFL start, I'd agree with you.

Hell, we even scraped a win against the Bengals when Carson Palmer made his first start and Herm Edwards was the coach. No excuse for allowing Edwards to have even a decent game against us, let alone allowing him to complete 22 of 28 passes.

if i told you on friday that the Jets defense would give up 17 points on Sunday against the Bills.

what would your reaction be?

mine would be that's good enough to win

Id be very annoyed if they didnt get at least 2 or 3 INT's vs a rookie QB. Didnt force him to make mistakes. No I would not have taken it, there is no excuse for letting an O that has 2 rookies touching the ball on every play, with a QB making his first start do anything against you. It just shouldnt happen!!!!

If it wasn't against a rookie QB making his first NFL start, I'd agree with you.

Hell, we even scraped a win against the Bengals when Carson Palmer made his first start and Herm Edwards was the coach. No excuse for allowing Edwards to have even a decent game against us, let alone allowing him to complete 22 of 28 passes.

Ding ding ding: We have a winner !!!!!

Bottom line is if this defense is ever going to work then the somehow, someway the Jets have to get pressure on the QB. The Jets are not even making them feel unconfortable back there.

Who cares who it is against? We should have easily been able to score more then 17 against Buffalo. They are one of the worst defenses in the league and half of their starters were out with injuries. Being scoreless at the half was the most pitiful thing ever. (Even if Nuge hit the FG 3 points would have been just as shameful)

Who cares who it is against? We should have easily been able to score more then 17 against Buffalo. They are one of the worst defenses in the league and half of their starters were out with injuries. Being scoreless at the half was the most pitiful thing ever. (Even if Nuge hit the FG 3 points would have been just as shameful)

When you have all the time in the world, the trio of WR's Peerless Price, Lee Evans and Roscoe Parrish (along with RB Marshawn Lynch) become very good targets to throw to.

Until they faced the Jets, the Bills offense looked inept. Lee Evans had just 29 yards on the season. As soon as we came to town, the offense looked like world-beaters (and Evans had 6 catches for 72 yards). Gee, wonder why that was?

Shaun Ellis 10/30/2007

Tom Brady did it to you

I sure do agree with you!

Archived