The Jets offense is just flat out boring

Matt39

As is the rest of the team.

It is a hard product to watch. I catch myself at the bar watching other games more than the Jets sometimes.

I pulled out a tape from 98 the other day, wtaching Vinny THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD. to Key was awesome stuff.

Moving the ball in big chunks is what we need to be doing.

It is a hard product to watch. I catch myself at the bar watching other games more than the Jets sometimes.

I pulled out a tape from 98 the other day, wtaching Vinny THROW THE BALL DOWN THE FIELD. to Key was awesome stuff.

Moving the ball in big chunks is what we need to be doing.

I dont care if its boring, as long as we win!!!

I'll take an ugly win over a sexy loss.:thumbup:

I dont care if its boring, as long as we win!!!

I'll take an ugly win over a sexy loss.:thumbup:

You're making it sound like those are the two choices: boring or winning.

Right now we're boring & losing. But the Baltimore loss, while the same point deficit as the Buffalo game, was at least exciting.

this is what it comes down to, we have explosive wr's and a hard nose running back which means we have weapons on offense. Our QB is not a weapon so we wont have an explosive offense while he is under center, we have a manageable qb that leaves a lot on the defenses shoulders. If we dont have someone who can help our wr's make plays then what good is it

You're making it sound like those are the two choices: boring or winning.

Right now we're boring & losing. But the Baltimore loss, while the same point deficit as the Buffalo game, was at least exciting.

I can't remember a Chad Pennington led offense that kept me on the edge of my seat for almost the entire game as Kellen Clemens did against the Ravens.

The Jets during the O'Brien, Walker days were mostly a middle of the pack type of team, but every game was exciting and the Jets were a lot of fun to watch. Now it is a snoozefest, which I wouldn't mind if we were winning, but is even more painful when you lose.

I think Mangini didn't get the memo that the preseason is over...you know what I mean guys? Yeah you...the guys who said not to sweat it, it's only preseason and the Jets are just showing their vanilla schemes...yeah, right.

You don't scheme suck. They just naturally do that. No matter how vanilla your scheme is, if you are just getting beat and overpowered in every facet of the game, the scheme ain't gonna change a thing.

We do not have the offense to grind it out or the playmakers on offense to make big plays. Sad but true.

Disagree completely.

We don't have a blazing speed WR that the QB can just throw it up and let the guy run under, but we have a lot of talent on offense. The only weak spot about our Offense is the OL and maybe the QB.

Cotchery, Coles, TJ, and Leon could be one group of players that gives DC's nightmares all week if we utilize them properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived