Who doesn't have a greater appreciation for Curtis?

lancemehl

Every O-Line from '97 to '06, every week, we were USED to 10 yard runs, 12 yard runs, 15 yard runs, 100 yard games. It was the norm.

Ok, last year was a horror show( and still 10-6, no running game, no "D", still 10-6, funny since Chad sucks), but

we get this guy Jones, now if we run for 6 yards, we're jumping around like maniacs.

I even miss Murrell at this point.

The things I remember about Murrell and Curtis is they made guys miss. Jones is just a run hard and hope you knock the first guy you hit back 5 or 6 yards. Leon's got the moves, but we're scared to give it to him, because "he's a "scatback" ,You know, like Barry Sanders.

All I'm saying is, "I miss you, Curtis" and he was the most underappreciated player in the league.

No commercials, No Covers. Everytime they showed that "Who's going to the Hall of Fame of active players" Polls, he was NEVER in it.

Seau

Farve

Zach Tayler

Terrell Owens

Marshall Faulk

blah blah blah NEVER CURTIS

I think he's a shoe in.

I, too, am stirred by those great games Martin had in Denver in January 1999, Oakland in 2001 and 2002, Pittsburgh and San Diego in 2003. Yes, Martin is a real gamer, the Trevor Hoffman of half backs, with all those dominating performances in big playoff games. Like how his Riggins-like dominance allowed the Jets to run out the clock on the Broncos, Steelers and Chargers late in games, 1st down after 1st down as the clock ticked down to :00, on their way to regulation victories in each case. He like Hoffman has a great case of HoF memebership based on his big game gusto.

All hail Martin and the rings his dominance so provided our beloved Jetsies!

I, too, am stirred by those great games Martin had in Denver in January 1999, Oakland in 2001 and 2002, Pittsburgh and San Diego in 2003. Yes, Martin is a real gamer, the Trevor Hoffman of half backs, with all those dominating performances in big playoff games. Like how his Riggins-like dominance allowed the Jets to run out the clock on the Broncos, Steelers and Chargers late in games, 1st down after 1st down as the clock ticked down to :00, on their way to regulation victories in each case. He like Hoffman has a great case of HoF memebership based on his big game gusto.

You know, now that I think about it Curtis Martin Sucked! Bring back KB, I want to watch him get his shine, like he promised us.

Why are Jet fans self-haters for? He has the numbers, and you know what, if the Jets were the better team, even if Curtis was DRAGGING them down, they would have won but obviously, they were not the better team. Don't blame Curtis, blame the whole Jets organization for not being good enough to win championships. I don't know how anyone can hate on Curtis, because what players have the Jets had that were any good at all?

Why are Jet fans self-haters for? He has the numbers, and you know what, if the Jets were the better team, even if Curtis was DRAGGING them down, they would have won but obviously, they were not the better team. Don't blame Curtis, blame the whole Jets organization for not being good enough to win championships. I don't know how anyone can hate on Curtis, because what players have the Jets had that were any good at all?

That's the way most fans are...not just Jet fans. The same thing is happening with Chad. If we had a team built to win, we could get around a players short comings...not just Chad, but any player. That's how you build a championship "team"...it's not championship "player".

Calling him a warrior repeatedly(an Edwards tick, like "obviously") and writing huge checks to him well after he was effective are such great memories. Those huge checks are a big reason this team is hurting. So when you complain about the lack of depth on the lines or lousy LBs, remember we were still paying Martin huge numbers on the cap as late as last year. In fact, Martin and Pennington's last contracts could be, capwise, the worst in the NFL other than Michael Vick. And at least the NFL is giving the Falcons some relief.

Once again, some fans here want to overvalue the Jets talent. That never works on Sunday.

Calling him a warrior repeatedly(an Edwards tick, like "obviously") and writing huge checks to him well after he was effective are such great memories. Those huge checks are a big reason this team is hurting. So when you complain about the lack of depth on the lines or lousy LBs, remember we were still paying Martin huge numbers on the cap as late as last year. In fact, Martin and Pennington's last contracts could be, capwise, the worst in the NFL other than Michael Vick. And at least the NFL is giving the Falcons some relief.

Once again, some fans here want to overvalue the Jets talent. That never works on Sunday.

You're mixing apples and oranges.

You go on a rant about how the FO overpays people, and conclude it is the FANS who are overvaluing the talent?

You're mixing apples and oranges.

You go on a rant about how the FO overpays people, and conclude it is the FANS who are overvaluing the talent?

Fair point. While Tannebaum wasn't running the show, he was herw when those contracts were drafted, and he was probably the guy who drafted them, if at Bradway's behest.

The reason I think C-mart was under appreciated was because he was the never the 'elite' RB in this league so to speak. He was a consistent hard-working great RB but never got the type of media-attention that say an LT or Marshall Faulk would because he wasnt breaking sportscentre style 70 yrd runs or putting up 20+ TD seasons.

hahahahaha

i am only 17 years old so i didnt get to see the greats like barry sanders, jim brown, walter payton, etc.

but i had the privilege to watch one of the greatest runningbacks of all time go out there and bust his butt for his team week in and week out

curtis is a true jet and a hall of famer

he deserves to have his jersey up next to don joe willie and weeb

i am only 17 years old so i didnt get to see the greats like barry sanders, jim brown, walter payton, etc.

but i had the privilege to watch one of the greatest runningbacks of all time go out there and bust his butt for his team week in and week out

curtis is a true jet and a hall of famer

he deserves to have his jersey up next to don joe willie and weeb

barry was lightyears ahead of anybody, make no mistake.

Watching Martin compile his stats (and yeah, as far as stats go, they are impressive) was like watching paint dry. When it mattered, he never came through, when it didn't matter, he looked great.

He didn't get it done. Bottom line. Great backs get it done.

Curtis Marin to me forever symbolizes the would of, could of, should of.

If thats something to hang your hat on, then great. He was also a good guy. In the age of the pathological women beater, responsibility shirking, child abandoning, drug taking athlete- Curtis Martin was a model citizen.

Terrific. Thats what we have come to as a society. We admire people who do WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.

I'll always cherish beating the Jags in the '98 playoffs.

In fact, I'm gonna jerk off in the shower right now over it.

Watching Martin compile his stats (and yeah, as far as stats go, they are impressive) was like watching paint dry. When it mattered, he never came through, when it didn't matter, he looked great.

He didn't get it done. Bottom line. Great backs get it done.

Curtis Marin to me forever symbolizes the would of, could of, should of.

If thats something to hang your hat on, then great. He was also a good guy. In the age of the pathological women beater, responsibility shirking, child abandoning, drug taking athlete- Curtis Martin was a model citizen.

Terrific. Thats what we have come to as a society. We admire people who do WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO DO.

I'll always cherish beating the Jags in the '98 playoffs.

In fact, I'm gonna jerk off in the shower right now over it.

curtis got it done under some occasions.

LOL. It's Curtis' fault we suck. Curtis and Chad. LMAO

This is great, is that why we couldn't give Kendall his $?

Seriously, Bugg, this is a question I'd like an answer to, help me out, bro. It's even multiple choice:

"We couldn't give Pete Kendall, last year's starting vetern LG who had rookies on either side of him that he was "training", an extra $1 million because_____________________________________?"

A. Curtis Martin and his cap #

B. Chad's dink and dunk noodle arm.

c. Mangini's stubbornness for no reason because he had no backup plan.

Are you talking about the same Curtis that took the Pats to the Super Bowl in 1996?

Curtis is the man.

curtis got it done under some occasions.

MY FAULT, I was thinking 41-0 game, Indy, sorry.

Yeah Curtis Sucked.

I vaguely remembered that game as being a big day for Richie Anderson, and it was. Martin was 15 carries, 67 yards, 2 receptions, 12 yards. Richie Anderson had 1 carry for 6, but 2 receptions, including the TD of the game on a screen pass, for 66 yards. So even in the "other Jet playoff game" you wish to cite, Martin wasn't even the jets best back that day. You could look it up.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MartCu00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/AndeRi00.htm We've been over this, Lance, may be before you joined. Martin was a decent back, but more of a compiler of good stats than greatness personified. On his best day, he wasn't a top 20 back in NFL history, stats be damned. And toward the end, he was simply cashing a really big check for not much in the way of production. Under the cap, you don't get to be Willie Mays with the 1973 Mets and have a farewell tour in the NFL, unless you want to make a mess of your cap. Which is what happened with Maritn's final years with the Jets.

There would be no discernible difference between the running game with Jones or Martin (other than Leon not even seeing the field on 3rd downs). Neither is/was the type of back that typically made something out of nothing.

The only real difference would be the increased # of "Jim Brown couldn't run behind this line" & "Barry Sanders would have done no better" excuses.

There would be no discernible difference between the running game with Jones or Martin (other than Leon not even seeing the field on 3rd downs). Neither is/was the type of back that typically made something out of nothing.

The only real difference would be the increased # of "Jim Brown couldn't run behind this line" & "Barry Sanders would have done no better" excuses.

I knew I was going to find you somewhere in this thread.

I vaguely remembered that game as being a big day for Richie Anderson, and it was. Martin was 15 carries, 67 yards, 2 receptions, 12 yards. Richie Anderson had 1 carry for 6, but 2 receptions, including the TD of the game on a screen pass, for 66 yards. So even in the "other Jet playoff game" you wish to cite, Martin wasn't even the jets best back that day. You could look it up.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/MartCu00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/AndeRi00.htm We've been over this, Lance, may be before you joined. Martin was a decent back, but more of a compiler of good stats than greatness personified. On his best day, he wasn't a top 20 back in NFL history, stats be damned. And toward the end, he was simply cashing a really big check for not much in the way of production. Under the cap, you don't get to be Willie Mays with the 1973 Mets and have a farewell tour in the NFL, unless you want to make a mess of your cap. Which is what happened with Maritn's final years with the Jets.

didn't he win a rushing title "in his final years"

Hold on, man. I corrected you, that it was actually Lamont Jordan who went over 100 that game, I thought it was the Jags, all I was doing is correcting myself.

Yes, I agree Curtis Martin sucked,in the same way Marino sucked, right? I get it fine, man.

All I was doing was correcting myself.

. So even in the "other Jet playoff game" you wish to cite, Martin wasn't even the jets best back that day. You could look it up.

I chose to site that game because I was correcting the fact that I originally thought Jordan blew up the Jag game you speak of(Curtis' only good one)Yet it was the indy game he did, obviously because it was a blowout, why play your starters

That's all.

Like I said I agree Curtis Martin and Dan Marino both suck for the same reason.

Neither is/was the type of back that typically made something out of nothing.

They should've given that rushing title to who then?,the line? You don't win a rushing title and not occasionally make something out of nothing. That's nuts. Unlike Riggins who was mention that DID have the HOGS.

And please don't tell me Jones and Martin are equal. Please, let's be intelligent sports fans, PLEASE don't tell me that Thomas Jones and Curtis Martin are not "different"!

How about K.B.? same?

Look, Bugg said you had this thread, I'm bowing out gracefully because this is insanity. First Chad, but now our first HOF representative in 30 years Suck, who else? Klecko? Did he suck?

I'm out.

Go Jets.

Archived