Time for Clemens

Latinlawyer

If you think we are going to the playoffs with Chad at the helm you are delusional. Its time to get Clemens in there. We have two great recievers who can do more with the ball down field and we should groom Clemens now.

I love Chad but lets be realistic...he is done. Teams will stack the box if we have no deep threat...

Its time for Chad to hand over the baton to the future. Thanks Chad for your years of service.

LL

The point is that we are not really gunning for the playoffs so at the very least we should groom Clemens for a full season next year. Clemens, I believe, will give us a better shot to get to the playoffs next year. True, we need to fix the D..but at O i think the issue is the QB. We need to stretch the field.

LL

We wouldn't be going to the playoffs if Tom Brady, Peyton Manning or Jesus H. Christ was our QB.

The only part of this team that is not an embarrassment is the receivers.

The recievers can do more with a strong armed QB who can throw the ball downfield.With Pennington as the QB I dont see Coles and Cotchery making it through the season.They are continually coming back on the ball and having to make spectacular catches by leaping and diving.

If you think we are going to the playoffs with Chad at the helm you are delusional. Its time to get Clemens in there. We have two great recievers who can do more with the ball down field and we should groom Clemens now.

I love Chad but lets be realistic...he is done. Teams will stack the box if we have no deep threat...

Its time for Chad to hand over the baton to the future. Thanks Chad for your years of service.

LL

The JETS WR's are not "downfield" receivers... they are short-mid possession receivers... Jmac is the only deep threat...

Cotch is too slow and Coles is too short

The JETS WR's are not "downfield" receivers... they are short-mid possession receivers... Jmac is the only deep threat...

Cotch is too slow and Coles is too short

LC and Cotchery both can easily go down field. Coles has the speed. Since when do you have to be tall to be a deep threat? Tell Santana Moss he's not a deep threat please. Brad Smith at 6'2 and his speed is a deep threat as well. Jerricho Cotchery is a tough S.O.B. who can get it 20-30 yards down the field, break 7 tackles and score. Too bad Pennington can't throw quick enough to him so that when he catches it 10-15 yards down the field there's already 11 guys around him.

LC and Cotchery both can easily go down field. Coles has the speed. Since when do you have to be tall to be a deep threat? Tell Santana Moss he's not a deep threat please. Brad Smith at 6'2 and his speed is a deep threat as well. Jerricho Cotchery is a tough S.O.B. who can get it 20-30 yards down the field, break 7 tackles and score. Too bad Pennington can't throw quick enough to him so that when he catches it 10-15 yards down the field there's already 11 guys around him.

Cotch wont burn many corners for 20-30 yard routes... sorry... he is not that type of WR... he is great though at what he does

Coles and Santana might be exclusions to the tall rule... but in general it is needed... why do you think whenever the deep sideline route was used it was always to Jmac (before he screwed up and got in the doghouse)?

The JETS are still going to need a replacement for JMAC next season... maybe Brad Smith can be it... we will see...

Im not sure if you watched LC in washington or even with Vinny as QB. he is not and never has been a deep threat, he has always been a possesion guy.

Did you see Cotchery on the deep throw Chad threw at the start, didnt have anything on the CB, if he gets a yard or 2 on the CB on that play its a big gain, he didnt. the CB was with him 100% of the way.

Brad Smith could emerge but he is far from the complete packege.

J-mac?????

.......ugh.:roll:

Well many moons ago I wanted Owens and most recently Moss we passed on them.Both are enjoying great years with unbeaten teams.But there was those here who did not want part of either one.There were a million excuses. So as it goes 1-4 and we all sit here and complain.

Gentlemen ITS GONNA BE A LONG YEAR....this is just the beginning.

Cotch wont burn many corners for 20-30 yard routes... sorry... he is not that type of WR... he is great though at what he does

Coles and Santana might be exclusions to the tall rule... but in general it is needed... why do you think whenever the deep sideline route was used it was always to Jmac (before he screwed up and got in the doghouse)?

The JETS are still going to need a replacement for JMAC next season... maybe Brad Smith can be it... we will see...

Next season ??? Jcrap just lost his job to Brad smith in this game if you ask me.Jcrap will not be a Jet next season

Lee Evans

Santana Moss

Steve Smith

Deion Branch

Santonio Holmes

Joey Galloway

Torry Holt

Isaac Bruce

Terry Glenn

All of them are 6'0 or under (no more than 1" taller than Coles or Cotchery). Every deep threat isn't 6'2 & taller.

Lee Evans

Santana Moss

Steve Smith

Deion Branch

Santonio Holmes

Joey Galloway

Torry Holt

Isaac Bruce

Terry Glenn

All of them are 6'0 or under (no more than 1" taller than Coles or Cotchery). Every deep threat isn't 6'2 & taller.

And every one of them is faster than both Coles and Cotchery.

Lee Evans

Santana Moss

Steve Smith

Deion Branch

Santonio Holmes

Joey Galloway

Torry Holt

Isaac Bruce

Terry Glenn

They are all speed demons, unlike Cotchery or Coles

I really have nothing to compare them to in that it's been some time since I can remember either being sent on a deep route where they weren't decoys AND didn't have to stop running b/c of an under-thrown ball.

Every deep threat, tall or not, isn't a ridiculous burner.

CB's are pretty fast themselves. VERY frequently, their straightaway speed is faster than a deep threat WR's. Most of the time, separation is gained from a split-second (or more) of lapse in coverage (if not blown coverage outright) or fake/quick cuts. Not from being 0.1 seconds faster in the 40 yard dash. Otherwise every single time a faster WR was in single-coverage, it would be a touchdown.

I really have nothing to compare them to in that it's been some time since I can remember either being sent on a deep route where they weren't decoys AND didn't have to stop running b/c of an under-thrown ball.

Every deep threat, tall or not, isn't a ridiculous burner.

CB's are pretty fast themselves. VERY frequently, their straightaway speed is faster than a deep threat WR's. Most of the time, separation is gained from a split-second (or more) of lapse in coverage (if not blown coverage outright) or fake/quick cuts. Not from being 0.1 seconds faster in the 40 yard dash.

Didnt see Chads incomplete pass to Cotchery on the opening series I take it.

Incorrect.

The NFL's fastest official 40 yard dash time was 4.25 seconds by cornerback Fabian Washington. Previous to electronic timing, Deion Sanders held the official record at 4.29 seconds. Here are some unofficial claims to players who have broken the 4.2 second mark.

Deion Sanders (4.17)

Ted Ginn Jr. (4.06)

Ryan Dotson (4.24)

DeAngelo Hall (4.15)

Michael Vick (4.25)

Bo Jackson (4.14)

Don Beebe (4.21)

Michael Bennett (4.13)

Randy Moss (4.25)

Darrell Green (4.15)

Laveranues Coles (4.2)

http://www.listafterlist.com/tabid/57/listid/5923/Sports++Recreation/NFLs+Unofficial+Fastest+40Yard+Dash+Times.aspx

There is no chance in hell Coles runs a 4.20 now, Im sorry but that must be BS!!!

Why? Coming out of college I actually saw him quoted at 4.17. Those times are to be taken with a grain of salt, but Coles is extremely fast. He would not get open otherwise. I believe with the electric timers at the combine he was at 4.35 with Moss (Santana) at about 4.32 the fastest that year.

In what world is Deion Branch or Isaac Bruce faster than Coles?

Was isaac Bruce on that list??? Didnt notice him. He is not much of a deep threat any more anyways.

One thing Ive always thought Coles has strugggled at is catching the deep ball, remember yesterday he dropped one, TC he struggled, last year in Foxboro.:confused0082:

Branch or Coles in terms of speed??, hmmmm, not sure to be honest.

When Kelly comes in whenever that may be we'll see anyway what the WR's are all about.

Im not really picking a side depite what my sig may imply. If Clemens starts this week I'll root for him, same for Chad.

Maybe its because I dont want to see Chads jets career end that way, maybe its because I think eh can actually turn it around. Whatever it is Im still happy with him as the starter.

Archived