Bengals | Team could trade C. Johnson this offseason

Smizzy

Bengals | Team could trade C. Johnson this offseason Published Tue Oct 23 12:06:00 a.m. ET 2007

(KFFL) Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports Cincinnati Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis did not deny a rumor that the team may consider trading WR Chad Johnson in the offseason. During ESPN's pregame show Sunday, Oct. 21, ESPN's Chris Mortensen said that a "prominent member of the Bengals organization recently told me recently that the organization does have a decision to make on Chad Johnson, that he is so passionate and proud that if they decided to discipline him for some of those antics they believe he might shut it down. So how he finishes the rest of the year and the Bengals finish could bring them to a crossroads discussion on whether to even trade Chad Johnson in the offseason."

Clemens to Johnson :thumbup: I know...but whatelse do we have but our dreams!

I would definitely trade our top 5 pick for Chad Johnson.

Clemens, Cotch, Coles, Chad.

If Clemens is the real deal, that would instantly give us a top five passing offense.

Yeah but it would be tough for Clemens to throw downfield while on his back side. Far too many other needs to trade our #1 for CJ. IMO

Yeah but it would be tough for Clemens to throw downfield while on his back side. Far too many other needs to trade our #1 for CJ. IMO

The offensive line is not a sieve. The pass protection has been more than adequate. Run blocking is the problem.

Coles, Johnson, Cotchery, Washington, Thomas Jones, and Brad Smith sounds impressive on paper.

But I have a feeling Coles leaves and Johnson isn't the 'character' guy the Jets go for.

Chad Johnson is NOT a Tangini type player. Like you said ...TOO much 'character'.

Ocho Cinco is a great receiver and this would definitely hurt the Bengals offense.

HOWEVER..

If they could get a couple of good draft picks and use them on defensive players or if they trade him for a couple of established defenisve players, then that might be the best move for the team. Houshmanzedah can be a #1 receiver and if Chris Henry stops his ways, could be a #2. Glenn Holt didn't look too bad on Sunday either.

Ocho Cinco is a great receiver and this would definitely hurt the Bengals offense.

Can't ignore the fact that he's a fan favorite and works well with Carson Palmer, too.

In the long run, trading him WOULD probably be a good thing. But I have a feeling he stays in Cincinnati.

yeah this would be awsome, chad, coles, cotch...and....

d-slob, vilma, ellis all getting steam rolled. as long as we lose 49 to 42 that is all that matters.

This is ridiculous, our team gets steam rolled virtually every game and we want to add a weapon to the only part of our team that doesn't royally suck donkey tit.

WR might not be our greatest strength for long. Coles is attached to Pennington. To the point where I think he has said he doesn't want to play with anyone else.

Besides does anyone really think that this FO would go for Chad Johnson, even if he were a free agent and we needed a wide receiver? As Serphnx said too much talk, too much production. God forbid we have a game changer.

I hate Chad Johnson and would be furious if we traded for him. The guys a douchebag who starts fights in the lockerroom during playoff games when things aren't going his way. I don't really want a WR who is going to try and punch Mangini in the face or bitch Clemens out on the sidelines constantly.

Seriously people the Bengals are trying to trade him, that should be a major red flag. The same team that had a player arrested every month is trying to get rid of a player for off the field reasons.

WR might not be our greatest strength for long. Coles is attached to Pennington. To the point where I think he has said he doesn't want to play with anyone else.

Besides does anyone really think that this FO would go for Chad Johnson, even if he were a free agent and we needed a wide receiver? As Serphnx said too much talk, too much production. God forbid we have a game changer.

I would have said that even a couple of weeks ago; certainly all of last year. But reading his quotes the past day or two, I think he may be coming around. If we win a few games - particularly if it's due to passes Chad can't make - I don't think he'll be a problem. As much as he's been in Chad's corner (as any team captain should be) he's really been outspoken about Mangini's-the-boss and not in a sarcastic way like Thomas Jones seems to grudgingly say it. Cotchery had a good line also, that on a 1-6 team, no one player has a right to gripe about his job being safe.

unfortunately we will never sign a player who would actually help us-only guys who get signed are players that sit the bench or aren't even activated on Sundays (Bowens, Barnes) I fully expect NE or Denver to sign him-we NEVER do what we should friggin do with FA's or trades

yeah this would be awsome, chad, coles, cotch...and....

d-slob, vilma, ellis all getting steam rolled. as long as we lose 49 to 42 that is all that matters.

This is ridiculous, our team gets steam rolled virtually every game and we want to add a weapon to the only part of our team that doesn't royally suck donkey tit.

You do realize the Jets are scoring 3 and 7 points in second halves. Blame it on whomever you want, but so far, the offense stinks just as bad as the defense this season.

Archived