Larry Johnson out for season

Sperm Edwards

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The injury was not one that was caused by fatigue or a let down because he was tired.

The injury happened because his ankle got caught underneath of a tackle.

The injury would have happened if it would have been carry number 10 of the season, or carry number 350 of the season.

The only way that you can maintain that this was an injury caused by overwork, is that you expose a player more, simply by mopre touches that he has. But that is a case of odds, not overwork.

If you want to tell me that the number of carries will shorten a players career, I can buy into that.

But this was not an "overwork" injury.

Stop clouding the issue with facts!

The injury was not one that was caused by fatigue or a let down because he was tired.

The injury happened because his ankle got caught underneath of a tackle.

The injury would have happened if it would have been carry number 10 of the season, or carry number 350 of the season.

The only way that you can maintain that this was an injury caused by overwork, is that you expose a player more, simply by mopre touches that he has. But that is a case of odds, not overwork.

If you want to tell me that the number of carries will shorten a players career, I can buy into that.

But this was not an "overwork" injury.

Why.....JUST WHY??????

It's a high number. Just because there are others who do it annually doesn't cease to make it a high number (though last year he was the only player to carry over 350x & he was given 416). That's like saying 4000 passing yards is reasonable for a quarterback. Most HB's do not carry the ball >350x per year. And that "pace" was only b/c KC stopped running the ball vs Jax. Not because Herm was pacing him. The other games he got between 24-31 carries (he got injured after carry #19 the last game or it would have been more of the same). The only thing "reasonable" is to expect that player to get injured. Particularly after a season where he carried 416 times in 16 games.

You neglect to mention the fact that this was LJ's second full season as a starting RB. Your argument would be true if LJ had been KC's featured back since 2002 or 2003. The guy didn't even play in all 16 games until 2005 and he split carries with Priest Holmes until 2006.

Did Herm work LJ like a dog last year? Sure. Does Herm run the ball and have a conservative offense? I'm with you on that. But to say that 22 carries a game for a guy who is supposed to be one of the elite RB's in the game is too much well I can't agree with you there.

http://www.thebrushback.com/hermedwards_full.htm

NEW YORK--Herm Edwards, the new head coach for the Kansas City Chiefs, promised today to do for the Chiefs what he did for his old team, the New York Jets. Edwards compiled a 39-41 record in five years as Jets coach and was often criticized for his game and clock management. At a press conference Wednesday, Edwards assured Chiefs fans that they can expect the same thing.

a>

“I am here to get this team back on track,” Edwards said. “My reputation speaks for itself. I vow – and you can print this – to do for this city, this franchise, exactly what I did for the Jets. I will apply the same strategies and philosophies that made the Jets the roaring success that they were during my tenure. Mr. Peterson did not hand me $12 million for nothing. He expects me to win, and I will – approximately 47 percent of the time.”

Edwards then struck back at the critics who say that he can’t bring the Chiefs up to the level of his New York Jets teams.

“Oh I know everybody is saying that I won’t be able to build the Chiefs into the perennial powerhouse that the Jets were, but I don’t bother much with what the critics say. That’s just negativity. I only ask the Kansas City fans to embrace this team, be patient, and give me a chance to get us on track for 8, 9, maybe even 10 wins a year. Make no mistake: We will slip into the playoffs a couple times during my tenure here. Anything less than that will be considered a failure.”

When Edwards took over the Jets in 2001, they were a team in disarray. Bill Parcells had just stepped down as Chief of Football Operations and Al Groh had resigned after one unsuccessful year as head coach. The Jets managed a Wild Card berth that year, but lost to the Raiders in the first round of the playoffs. The following year they won the AFC East and routed the Colts 41-0 in the opening playoff game, only to lose to the Raiders once again in the divisional playoffs.

The Jets finest season under coach Edwards came in 2004, when they went 10-6. Unfortunately, they lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the second round of the playoffs that year. Many people blamed the loss on Edwards’ conservative play calling at the end of the game, when he settled for a difficult 43-yard field goal rather than try to advance the ball.

“I’ve gotten a lot of grief for that game,” admitted Edwards. “The general consensus is that I chickened-out by refusing to try and advance the ball. But that’s not how I see it. The obvious decision would’ve been to try to advance the ball, either for a closer field or a touchdown. That’s the traditional way of thinking. But I took the road less traveled and settled for a long field goal in a swirling wind. You don’t think that takes balls? You think that’s chickening out? I don’t see Bill Belichick or Mike Shanahan taking those kinds of insane chances.”

In Edwards’ defense, he is known as a fine defensive coach and a good communicator. Throughout his coaching career, he has been known as a “player’s coach,” something that veteran tight end Tony Gonzalez hopes will have a positive impact on the team.

“Herm is the kind of guy that relates to the players well,” said Gonzalez, who said he was sad to see coach Dick Vermeil retire. “He is the ultimate player’s coach. Player’s coaches are great, for the most part. They don’t win many Super Bowls, though. If you want to win a Super Bowl, you need one of those stone-faced tyrants. But there are more important things than winning a Super Bowl, like having a head coach you can walk all over and tune out after two years.”

Meanwhile, the Jets are still reeling from Edwards’ sudden, controversial departure, in which they received a fourth round pick from Kansas City and nothing more. GM Terry Bradway insisted, however, that they got a fair deal in exchange for Edwards.

“A fourth round pick is nothing to sneeze at,” said Bradway. “Actually, I think we actually got the better end of the deal. We got rid of our coach, who did exactly nothing for us in his four years here, and we got a free pick. I can’t tell you how difficult it was to keep a straight face while we were making this deal. The funny thing is, the Chiefs were also having trouble keeping a straight face. They thought we were the ones being ripped off. The truth is, we're probably both right. ”

Copyright 2006, The Brushback - Do not reprint without permission. This article is satire and is not intended as actual news.

Fantasyfootball.com is reporting that Johnson will miss the rest of the season. A source within the Chiefs organization is reporting this.

You guys never gve up, you can't give herm credit for doing a great job in KC and now you havew to blame him for LJ's injury as if Herm himself landed on his foot. This injury was not a wear and tear injury, just anopther case of the insane, irrational hatred of Herm. By the way, i thought once herm left our problems left w/ him? how come we suck w/o him? and we're healthy no less. herm never had a bad seaso when his team was healthy.

You guys never gve up, you can't give herm credit for doing a great job in KC and now you havew to blame him for LJ's injury as if Herm himself landed on his foot. This injury was not a wear and tear injury, just anopther case of the insane, irrational hatred of Herm. By the way, i thought once herm left our problems left w/ him? how come we suck w/o him? and we're healthy no less. herm never had a bad seaso when his team was healthy.

Herm, Herm, Herm, why are you visiting JN when you have a game plan to install. Oh wait, that's right, you don't get involved in any of that technical stuff. Maybe you need to go practice some of your cheerleading moves or fumbling, bumbling inspirational analogies.

''A great job in KC?'' :lol:

That just shows how much you guzzle the mans nut sacks. unreal.

''A great job in KC?'' :lol:

That just shows how much you guzzle the mans nut sacks. unreal.

KC should have won about 4 games all year, they have 4 wins so far and are just a game back of 1st. That's a great job so far, it's alot better than going 1-8 w/ a team that was supposed to be a playoff contender, right?

KC should have won about 4 games all year, they have 4 wins so far and are just a game back of 1st. That's a great job so far, it's alot better than going 1-8 w/ a team that was supposed to be a playoff contender, right?

Edwards is about .500 in KC, which is close to what he was here. How is that great? What is your definition of great?I think we have a reading comprehension problem here. .500 over this sample size is sustained mediocrity. It may keep him employed, but it's not great. And based on the whole sample of his career, Edwards is on his way to such a career. May be some front offices and owners will buy into his BS to keep him on such a job and keep Lia down at the mall(and I hope those wonderful KC malls are better than those dumps on 5th Avenue and all those awful malls across LI-how did she sustain her style in such a cowtown as the Big Apple; enjoy Mandee and Walmart, dear), but there's no way anyone's calling him a great coach.

Edwards is about .500 in KC, which is close to what he was here. How is that great? What is your definition of great?I think we have a reading comprehension problem here. .500 over this sample size is sustained mediocrity. It may keep him employed, but it's not great. And based on the whole sample of his career, Edwards is on his way to such a career. May be some front offices and owners will buy into his BS to keep him on such a job and keep Lia down at the mall(and I hope those wonderful KC malls are better than those dumps on 5th Avenue and all those awful malls across LI-how did she sustain her style in such a cowtown as the Big Apple; enjoy Mandee and Walmart, dear), but there's no way anyone's calling him a great coach.

NEW YORK--Herm Edwards, the new head coach for the Kansas City Chiefs, promised today to do for the Chiefs what he did for his old team, the New York Jets. Edwards compiled a 39-41 record in five years as Jets coach and was often criticized for his game and clock management. At a press conference Wednesday, Edwards assured Chiefs fans that they can expect the same thing

NEW YORK--Herm Edwards, the new head coach for the Kansas City Chiefs, promised today to do for the Chiefs what he did for his old team, the New York Jets. Edwards compiled a 39-41 record in five years as Jets coach and was often criticized for his game and clock management. At a press conference Wednesday, Edwards assured Chiefs fans that they can expect the same thing

Never fear Mrs Edwards...no one here is REALLY blaming Herm for LJs injury. We are just happy that it couldnt have happened to a nicer phoney a-hole!!!!

As to your comments about the "great" job your husband is doing in KC v what the jets are doing this year, you yet again fail to see that that is an irrelavnt point. While I commend your defense of your husband, what the jets are or are not doing really has nothing to do with whether or not your beloved Hermy is doing a good job.

Here's a little test for you though Mrs Edwards since you like to make the Jets comparisons. Take the jets roster and the Chiefs roster back in September. Go position by position and tell me which player you'd take. Try and have some objectivity when you do it and I think you'll find the idea that the Chiefs were somehow "less talented" then the jets coming into this season is ridiculous. Also, when your 4 wins have come against teams with a combined 13-23 record and your overall schedule includes only 3 teams above 500 (2 of which kicked the hell out of you)combined with the division leader playing wildly inconsistent ball and only being 5-4 and the other two teams in the division essentially sucking...I'm not exactly sure where you can claim your hubby is doing such a "great" job in KC.

I won't even get into how unlike good coaches who put pressure on their players who hold out, how he enables his playuers during their holdouts/"decison making" time (see John Abraham, Willie Roaf, Donnie Abraham, LJ, etc) or how he is such a joke that his players and even assistant coahces clearly have zero respect for him (see ANY episode of Hard Knocks this year). Nah...I won't bring that up at all.

You just keep servicing him there Mrs. Edwards. He is a good enough charlatan that he'll keep his job in KC for a few more years thus keeping you in Burgdorfs and Neimans for a little longer. At least until he is exposed again and booted from the NFL for good this time and takes a college job which is where he belongs anyway.

I think reading comprehension is a majjor problem but it's not coming from me. Where did I call Herm a great coach? show me please I said he was doing a great job THIS YEAR, that team is a game out of 1st place wen they should be where we are right now.

As far as around .500 for his career- that's meaningless. The man has gone to the postseason 4 of 6 years, the 2 years he missed his teams were injury ravaged. The man is not a great coach as great coaches win Championships but he's a good one and alot better than you guys have given him credit for.

nyjunc shut up already. herm ruined larry johnson's career probably

Yep just like he ruined Curtis' career even though Curtis averaged more carries per season under Parcells/groh.

Never fear Mrs Edwards...no one here is REALLY blaming Herm for LJs injury. We are just happy that it couldnt have happened to a nicer phoney a-hole!!!!

As to your comments about the "great" job your husband is doing in KC v what the jets are doing this year, you yet again fail to see that that is an irrelavnt point. While I commend your defense of your husband, what the jets are or are not doing really has nothing to do with whether or not your beloved Hermy is doing a good job.

Here's a little test for you though Mrs Edwards since you like to make the Jets comparisons. Take the jets roster and the Chiefs roster back in September. Go position by position and tell me which player you'd take. Try and have some objectivity when you do it and I think you'll find the idea that the Chiefs were somehow "less talented" then the jets coming into this season is ridiculous. Also, when your 4 wins have come against teams with a combined 13-23 record and your overall schedule includes only 3 teams above 500 (2 of which kicked the hell out of you)combined with the division leader playing wildly inconsistent ball and only being 5-4 and the other two teams in the division essentially sucking...I'm not exactly sure where you can claim your hubby is doing such a "great" job in KC.

I won't even get into how unlike good coaches who put pressure on their players who hold out, how he enables his playuers during their holdouts/"decison making" time (see John Abraham, Willie Roaf, Donnie Abraham, LJ, etc) or how he is such a joke that his players and even assistant coahces clearly have zero respect for him (see ANY episode of Hard Knocks this year). Nah...I won't bring that up at all.

You just keep servicing him there Mrs. Edwards. He is a good enough charlatan that he'll keep his job in KC for a few more years thus keeping you in Burgdorfs and Neimans for a little longer. At least until he is exposed again and booted from the NFL for good this time and takes a college job which is where he belongs anyway.

The Jets are irrelevant to what herm is doing, and it's irrelevant what Herm is doing in KC compared to what he did here. Herm was very successful here and no matter what happens in Kc thaqt will never change but folks like you said he'd never get another job and he did, folks like you said he'd never have success and he made the postseason in year 1 and folks like you said he'd fall on his face this year and that hasn't happened. isn't it funny how verything you say turns out wrong while everything I say turns out correct?

Position by position Jets vs Chiefs? why waste mytime? everyone expected the Jets to compete for a playoff spot and for KC to be terrible and the opposite has come true. Say wht you want about the teams who KC has beat but we haven't exactly played a difficult sched and we have 1 win. KC didn't have a problem beating Cincy but we couldn't.

What does Herm have to do w/ players holding out? How does he get zero respect from his players when all they do is go out and play hard for him every week? he easily could have lost that team early n the year but they bounced back and were in 1st for a few weeks. You really have no clue ad just spout off nonsense.

Remember this post MSGold? I guess all hat amazing talent was lost on everyone this summer. People like you expected KC to have a season like we are having but even w/o talent and w/ Damon Huard at QB they are a game out of 1st place. Not bad for a guy who can't coach and a guy that was exposed as a fraud on hard Knocks.

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?p=618532#post618532

Is KC still in revolt?

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=661646

and if KC is in revolt how come we aren't being 1-8 w/ a healthy team?

People like you expected KC to have a season like we are having but even w/o talent and w/ Damon Huard at QB they are a game out of 1st place.

See that is the problem. Being 4-5 and a game out of 1st place somehow translates into a good coaching job rather than just keeping pace with mediocrity. Herm is the master at finishing 8-8 and 9-7 and convincing everyone that it is the same thing as 12-4. If the Chiefs had the Pats in their division, they would be 5 games out, just sayin'.

[

You can't be serious. You are gong to use a Bill Simmons ranking where he makes fun of Herm from the TV show as some kind of proof of the KC roster? The REASON Simmons had KC #31 was BECAUSE of Herm you dolt! And Im sorry but the QB situation in KC...who was it that decided to toss Trent Green away? Ah yes...that was Herm.

And when did I ever say he'd never get anohter job? BS artists like Herm who find ways to blame eveyrone but themsleves ALWAYS land on their feet until they have no one left to throw under the bus. After Cotrell, Hackett, Heimerdinger and Bradway...Hermy knew the spotlight was about to shine on him so he bolted. As to THIS seaosn...he's 4-5 wiht the 4 coming against teams with a 13-23 record (nice ingoring of that little tidbit Mrs. Edwards). When he's 6-10 for the year, are you still gong to claim hes doing a "great job"???

And the KC-Jets positional comparison...of course yu blow that off...because it proves your totally wrong. Nice strategy Mrs. Edwards...just ignore it and it will go away???

As to the hold outs, if you cant remember how Herm acted with guys like JA, Donnie A and even Willie Roaf then thats your prblem. Lets just say guys like Parcells or BB woud have handled it abit differently.

So you just keep it up Mrs. Edwards. I am sure you'll find a way to support Hermy no matter what.

Remember this post MSGold? I guess all hat amazing talent was lost on everyone this summer. People like you expected KC to have a season like we are having but even w/o talent and w/ Damon Huard at QB they are a game out of 1st place. Not bad for a guy who can't coach and a guy that was exposed as a fraud on hard Knocks.

Is KC still in revolt?

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=661646

and if KC is in revolt how come we aren't being 1-8 w/ a healthy team?

Just out of curiosity Mrs. Edwards...do you KNOW any KC fans? Have you ever READ Whitlock in the KC Star? See I DO know quite a few Chiefs fans...and they hate the guy. They recognize what a fluke last year was, they see what he ahs done to their O, and the saw what he left in NY when he skipped town. They arent fooled by his chuck and jive routines like you are. They see through his crap and see the fact that he has no game day ability at ALL and that his "motivational" skills have to come into question when the team runs so hot and cold...just as his NY teams did.

KC is NOT fond of your husband Mrs. Edwards...they are currently 4-5 and about to go 4-6 when INdy smokes them this weekend. And wth Tenn, SD and @ Det left on the sked, not to mention Denver, 6-10 is a distinct possiblity for your "great" coach who despite a HOf TE, star RB, stud rookie WR, solid front 7 and secondary and above average OL his "half the talent as the Jets" as you so eliquently put it.

Archived