Marlins Shopping Miguel Cabrera & D.Willis

Smizzy

He would be a nice replacement for Payrod and we could use a lefty starter.

Thoughts?

How old is Cabrera? He would fit in nicely with all the other youngsters. Just don't want to give any up to get him. Would they consider taking Mike Mussina, Damon, and maybe Giambi?

How old is Cabrera? He would fit in nicely with all the other youngsters. Just don't want to give any up to get him. Would they consider taking Mike Mussina, Damon, and maybe Giambi?

God let's hope they are that stupid. I think he's 23 or 24

can't see him being a good fit in NY. he is very lazy, horrible defensively and has a major attitude problem. not sure he'd be able to take the NY media and fan reaction when he isnt playing well.

all that being said, the guy is a stud at the plate, reminds me alot of manny when he was young in cleveland.

he may eat himself out of the game by the time he is 30 though.

He would be a nice replacement for Payrod and we could use a lefty starter.

Thoughts?

Anyone we'd have to give up to get Miggy or Dontrelle isn't worth it.

Also, Dontrelle has been on a downhill slide, i'd be wary bringing him to the AL.

Good luck with that.

The Marlins don't want the Yankees old, washed up players with bad contracts. Why not throw in Pavano too? It will take something along the lines of Melky + two of the Yanks young pitchers.

It's going to take alot more than that.

He is an elite hitter, top 10 in the league.

Trading the farm for Miguel Cabrera is not the greatest idea IMO. Go after Scott Rolen and a young pitcher instead. Cabrera's fat lazy ass cant even play a decent 3rd base. Rolen is the man.

Fat guys who can't play the field never do well.

Trading the farm for Miguel Cabrera is not the greatest idea IMO. Go after Scott Rolen and a young pitcher instead. Cabrera's fat lazy ass cant even play a decent 3rd base. Rolen is the man.

I suggested the Rolen angle last week.

The one caveat with him is his health. He had some sort of procedure done to the shoulder again, this offseason. It has been trouble for the last couple of years. It has sapped his power somewhat at the plate.

Rolen's all out wreckless play has done a number on his body over the years. It would be difiicult to find a better defensive player at the position though, which the Yankees need with their young pitching.

As a mets Fan, I see Cabrera a lot. the guy is a top 5 hitter. Problem is that he is lazy, fat and without gumption. I have seen him countless times get an error because he can't reach down to snag a baseball. Maybe if you get a fire under him and a personal trainer he would be worth Melky, Hughes and Kennedy...

I believe the Marlins would ask for melky, Hughes and another low AA pitcher.

LL

As a mets Fan, I see Cabrera a lot. the guy is a top 5 hitter. Problem is that he is lazy, fat and without gumption. I have seen him countless times get an error because he can't reach down to snag a baseball. Maybe if you get a fire under him and a personal trainer he would be worth Melky, Hughes and Kennedy...

I believe the Marlins would ask for melky, Hughes and another low AA pitcher.

LL

Agree the price tag should be steep and I don't believe the Marlin's FO will be looking to do Girardi any favors. Start with Joba and Cano and settle for Hughes, Melky and a prospect.

Yanks should make the trade if it's the latter.

Agree the price tag should be steep and I don't believe the Marlin's FO will be looking to do Girardi any favors. Start with Joba and Cano and settle for Hughes, Melky and a prospect.

Yanks should make the trade if it's the latter.

But Hughes is going to the Hall of Fame. You don't trade sure-fire aces. He's going to win 12 Cy Youngs. I saw his minor league numbers, so I know. You're all fools.

But Hughes is going to the Hall of Fame. You don't trade sure-fire aces. He's going to win 12 Cy Youngs. I saw his minor league numbers, so I know. You're all fools.

Madmike imation is not working Thor.

Cabrera is a great talent that can be lazy in the field.

Everyone knows who that was a jab at. And it's complete and utter BS just like most of your posts.

most of his posts are like this, it's really sad, if he wasn't one of the good ol boys he'd be looking at the wrong end of a 30 day by now. DWC isn't as bad as this guy. ;)

Everyone knows who that was a jab at. And it's complete and utter BS just like most of your posts.

most of his posts are like this, it's really sad, if he wasn't one of the good ol boys he'd be looking at the wrong end of a 30 day by now. DWC isn't as bad as this guy. ;)

How cute, the new JN couple is backing each other up.

Can I come to the batchellorette parties?

How cute, the new JN couple is backing each other up.

Can I come to the batchellorette parties?

This is an offensive post, He is insulting me a fellow member of Jetnation, I expect action to be taken against this blatant violation of the rules.

Archived